Some things are too embarrassing to admit to the world....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
..I would imagine being offended by a film (A FILM) would be one of them. Picture that: your day is ruined by spoken words and cinematography. Cameras, editing and credits. If that happened to me, I'd pretend it never happened. It was merely my mood. Purely that fight with the ex. My day at work caused it. Not a film. I'm a grown man. I can control my emotions, right? I wouldn't overreact to something like that. Right? I would hope so. Never had the displeasure of asking myself this, but I do think the islambs in various ME countries (some of them even being involved in cuddly Arab Springs) are very brave for admitting this. For saying goodbye to insecurity. For abandoning the macho stereotype. For being open to their emotions, as irrational and childish they must seem like to others. Pixels hurt, man. Much love. Keep fighting the war. Years will consist of 3 digits again soon enough.
#2 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -
word
#3 Posted by Aljosa23 (26410 posts) -

Yo to be fair I was pretty offended by Transformers.

#4 Posted by TurtleSh3lls (74 posts) -

This one time me and my friend mark were hanging out and he started to take off my pants and...

... oh wait...

this isn't that kind of thread is it?

#5 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
Psychopaths aren't exactly the most rational of folk nor are they adept at controlling their emotions.
#6 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -

This one time me and my friend mark were hanging out and he started to take off my pants and...

... oh wait...

this isn't that kind of thread is it?

TurtleSh3lls
Feel free, man.
#7 Posted by Mike-uk (2088 posts) -

Religion is a threat to mankind, whether you want to accept that fact or not. Have a nice day.

#8 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
Wow, this thread got slept on hard. Bump.
#9 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

related

#10 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -

related

kingkong0124
Lol, what a great URL. smh at pic though
#11 Posted by whipassmt (14942 posts) -

The Muslims are mad at movie, what was so offensive about the movie, did Spider-man swing by and web some girl's burkha off?

#12 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -

The Muslims are mad at movie, what was so offensive about the movie, did Spider-man swing by and web some girl's burkha off?

whipassmt
I mean. I can't get over mass attacks on embassies/consulates over a FILM. Maybe I should be the one that starts living in 2012, because that concept is so f*cking ludicrous to me.
#13 Posted by whipassmt (14942 posts) -

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

MrPraline

I mean. I can't get over mass attacks on embassies/consulates over a FILM. Maybe I should be the one that starts living in 2012, because that concept is so f*cking ludicrous to me.

That's a bit of an overreaction to the film (though Spiderman movies are very offensive), however the popcorn prices, those get me mad.

#14 Posted by lundy86_4 (44643 posts) -

People are f*cking idiots, pure and simple. Yes, we have differing beliefs and wants in this world, but you would at least expect a certain amount of human decency. Any deity/person of note within religion worth their salt wouldn't be offended by such trivialities.

#15 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

MrPraline

It doesn't excuse what they've done but I heard they supposedly think the film was sanctioned by the US government. Freedom of speech is a hard thing to understand when you don't have it I guess.