So while Atheism seems fine, what about Satanism?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Heh, most likely a thread that may sound too negative, don't read the following if you're not a fan of this stuff.

anyway, perfectly understandable if one decides to become an Atheist, it can be a harsh cruel world out there, a lot of things can seem unnecessary. You get the idea, one can easily come to the conclusion that there is no God.

However, I like to think if powerful beings often referred to as TPTB (the powers that be) actually exist, and there's some mystical force calling the shots for living beings on a planet, I say it can also be easily assumed that only an evil power such as Satan exists, a lot of grim tragic events have happened in this planet's past (and present.) Seems like Satan's childish sick games.

And there doesn't seem to be enough good things happening in this reality to be convinced otherwise. Good events happening here and there, but then running into crappy muck in the usual daily routine, is just more of Satan's toying ideas and ways to mess with you. In this reality, bad seems to overpower the good.

So yeah, an uncomfortable and negative way of thinking of what one may think is the truth to this reality, I know,

there are moments I actually prefer not to think this way, this is just an idea.

One last thing: I know I can't be the only person on Earth that has an opinion like this: So I also think that with each unfortunate event after unfortunate event happening in your life, it can really add up eventually and affect a person emotionally, enough to the point where they feel their lives are always gonna wind up being a worse tomorrow, and that the past is always better, the further you go back in time, the better off you are, if time traveling could exist, but sadly, it still does not.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Do "satanists" even believe that Satan exists as an actual entity? I'm pretty sure they don't.

Either way, there is as much evidence for Satan's existence as there is for God's, that is to say, none at all.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Read the book it made a lot of sense and wasn't as far out there as I thought it was going to be. But like any religious book it's all still fucked up beyond belief even if some of it makes sense. If you haven't read the satanic bible, I highly recommend it. I found more in common with it then the bible or the Qur'an, but a lot of it is just common sense and there was still a bunch of it that I didn't agree with or hold the same view upon. But the fact it's more on par with how I feel most the people around me act and allows others to act is kind of ironic when everyone seems to be preaching about practicing the exact opposite.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

good and evil is all perception. through our thoughts/beliefs, emotions and actions we create the realities we live in. you are going to have your good times and you are going to have your bad times, its all about balance, thats just the way the universe works.

do we have overseers? probably but they are probably just watching over us(maybe even guiding us) to see how we develop.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Those who worship Satan are just buncha mindless freaks ....

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

Do "satanists" even believe that Satan exists as an actual entity? I'm pretty sure they don't.

Either way, there is as much evidence for Satan's existence as there is for God's, that is to say, none at all.

No they indeed do not worship satan

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

In my opinion, while there are many types of people that would worship Satan, there are two main types of people that claim to be Satanists: the ones that believe in God but worship Satan anyway to be rebellious, and the ones that are actually Atheists but pretend to worship Satan just to **** with Christians they know would be offended by their so-called beliefs.

Obviously, there are other reasons besides those two I mentioned.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

elite Satanism is pretty much atheism; the whole thing is about giving the notion of Satan some credit for liberating mankind from being a mere obedient. it's all about the free will and cherishing it.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Somebody mentioned in top_lel's thread that religion is more of an art and I think all of this spiritual stuff can deeply affect somebody when it is rammed down there throat from a young age, I see satanism as a form of rebellion and possibly an inability to let go of this spiritual side of their psyche. There is also the fact that people clearly enjoy ritualistic behaviour, although some of the satanic stuff is repugnant to say the least with the sacrifice of animals (goats are one of my favourite animals and they seem to like picking on them :().

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

While I personally wouldn't do it I'm not bothered with others doing it, whatever their reasons might be. If that makes them happy, then go for it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It all depends on who you ask. LaVey or one of his followers? Satan is a symbol for oneself and the worship of that symbol is merely self-realization/self-aggrandizement. One of the many post-LaVey organizations? A various different positions from de facto atheism to straight up theistic Satanism.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Contrary to popular belief, it does not involve "devil worship" or worship of any deities. The Church of Satan asserts that "In Satanism each individual is his or her own god—there is no room for any other god and that includes Satan, Lucifer, Cthulhu or whatever other name one might select or take from history or fiction."

Please do a bit more research on Satanism before you talk about it.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@deeliman said:

Contrary to popular belief, it does not involve "devil worship" or worship of any deities. The Church of Satan asserts that "In Satanism each individual is his or her own god—there is no room for any other god and that includes Satan, Lucifer, Cthulhu or whatever other name one might select or take from history or fiction."

This sucks! I wanna worship the Cthulhu!!!

@Toph_Girl250 said:

Heh, most likely a thread that may sound too negative, don't read the following if you're not a fan of this stuff.

anyway, perfectly understandable if one decides to become an Atheist, it can be a harsh cruel world out there, a lot of things can seem unnecessary. You get the idea, one can easily come to the conclusion that there is no God.

However, I like to think if powerful beings often referred to as TPTB (the powers that be) actually exist, and there's some mystical force calling the shots for living beings on a planet, I say it can also be easily assumed that only an evil power such as Satan exists, a lot of grim tragic events have happened in this planet's past (and present.) Seems like Satan's childish sick games.

And there doesn't seem to be enough good things happening in this reality to be convinced otherwise. Good events happening here and there, but then running into crappy muck in the usual daily routine, is just more of Satan's toying ideas and ways to mess with you. In this reality, bad seems to overpower the good.

So yeah, an uncomfortable and negative way of thinking of what one may think is the truth to this reality, I know,

there are moments I actually prefer not to think this way, this is just an idea.

One last thing: I know I can't be the only person on Earth that has an opinion like this: So I also think that with each unfortunate event after unfortunate event happening in your life, it can really add up eventually and affect a person emotionally, enough to the point where they feel their lives are always gonna wind up being a worse tomorrow, and that the past is always better, the further you go back in time, the better off you are, if time traveling could exist, but sadly, it still does not.

Satan is a hypocrite and a blasphemer. He promises but does not fulfill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@deeliman said:

There is more than one form of Satanism. Theistic Satanists typically don't worship the Christian Satan. What they worship is a deity that shares similarities with Satan (except for the being completely evil part) and are then accused of being Satanists. An example of such a group would be the Yazidis who believe that god created the universe and put his angels in charge of earth. One of these angels rebelled against god (just like Lucifer) however unlike the Christian and Muslim versions of the story he redeemed himself.

Badgernest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Badgernest
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Satan worshipping is even more ridiculous than worshipping a god.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

@badgernest said:

Satan worshipping is even more ridiculous than worshipping a god.

did you even read the freakin comments before posting?

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

While I don't actively follow any form of satanism I have delved into the darkside out of curiosity. There are elements I like though that mainly comes from the artistic side like movies, games or literature.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

If they're not hurting anyone, who gives a shit?

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

From what I understand, most of them don't believe in satan... it's more a like a club about doing what makes you happy and not feeling guilty about it or something.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

The body count from grim tragic events, if you go by the bible anyway, is by a vast amount the doing of the supposedly good force known as God, not Satan. His biblical body count can be done on one hand.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 foxhound_fox

@alim298 said:

Sounds like God.

@MuD3 said:

@Storm_Marine said:

From what I understand, most of them don't believe in satan... it's more a like a club about doing what makes you happy and not feeling guilty about it or something.

They view "Satan" as a symbol for oneself, and "worship Satan" in the sense of fulfilling their own desires (i.e. every Satanist is Satan and Satan is God).

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 foxhound_fox
@Buckhannah said:

The body count from grim tragic events, if you go by the bible anyway, is by a vast amount the doing of the supposedly good force known as God, not Satan. His biblical body count can be done on one hand.

IIRC, when it comes to Christianity, Satan proper is only in the Book of Job. Every other occurrence of "Satan" was a mistranslation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-598fc45371265
@foxhound_fox said:

@alim298 said:

Sounds like God.

@MuD3 said:

@Storm_Marine said:

They view "Satan" as a symbol for oneself, and "worship Satan" in the sense of fulfilling their own desires (i.e. every Satanist is Satan and Satan is God).

And for every family, a Satan in each pot.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@foxhound_fox: doesn't surprise me. The bible as we know it now is pretty damn flawed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-598fc45371265

@MuD3 said:

@Storm_Marine said:

I always thought of it as a sort of Metal Atheism.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 foxhound_fox

@Storm_Marine said:

@MuD3 said:

@Storm_Marine said:

I always thought of it as a sort of Metal Atheism.

I was going to say there are Christian metal musicians and it would be better to call it Black Metal Atheism... but there are Christian musicians that have adopted the black metal style and call it white metal, lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

@korvus said:

While I personally wouldn't do it I'm not bothered with others doing it, whatever their reasons might be. If that makes them happy, then go for it.

So your a mod again huh, well Kudos to you but you'll be back with us again, you see.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

If satan did exist... I would find it odd that he would take time out of his busy scheduled to "Toy with me"

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

The word "Satanist" gets a bad rep because of the "Satan". People know that in the religious world that Satan is the ultimate bad guy. Christians and other religious people automatically assume that these people are Satan worshipers instead of getting to know what Satanism really is. Satanism is just another form of Atheism. Both don't believe in any god but Satanists have their own laws and commandments like a religion does. I have read some of the Book of Satan and their commandments look like they're suppose to make you some kind of badass lol. One commandment I read was "If you invite someone in your home and they disrespect you, destroy them" (Insert we have a badass over here meme).

Satanists also get a bad rep because they're displayed as cult members who make ritual sacrifices and raise the dead in every Hollywood movie. I don't know if there is actually a religion who actually worship Lucifer himself but, I'm sure there is somewhere and they probably don't call themselves Satanists.,

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 foxhound_fox

@-paranorman- said:
I don't know if there is actually a religion who actually worship Lucifer himself but, I'm sure there is somewhere and they probably don't call themselves Satanists.,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferianism

"Lucifer in this context is seen as one of many Morning Stars, a symbol of enlightenment, independence and human progression, and is often used interchangeably with similar figures from a range of ancient beliefs, such as the Greek titan Prometheus or the Jewish figure Lilith."

This is why I loved religious studies in university. So much perspective.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By alim298

@foxhound_fox said:

@alim298 said:

Sounds like God.

Wrong! God looks like this:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@davillain-: I don't plan on going anywhere. I might be a mod again, but I'm planning on being a user first and mod second; won't let it drag me under like I did last time =P

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11124 Posts

@korvus: You just couldn't stand being away from power, could you? -_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@johnd13: Which one? The power to clean other people's mess, the power to work for free or the power of having to deal with non-stop hordes of spambots? In any case, you still love me, right? =P

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 johnd13

@korvus: As long as you're willing to turn a blind eye to my potential crimes, you'll always have a dear place in my heart. ;)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By indzman

@johnd13 said:

@korvus: You just couldn't stand being away from power, could you? -_-

New Korvus XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: Korvus-man, Korvus-man, does whatever a Korvus-man does...

Now let's stop derailing the thread before Toph gets me fired =P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By indzman

@korvus said:

@indzman: Korvus-man, Korvus-man, does whatever a Korvus-man does...

Now let's stop derailing the thread before Toph gets me fired =P

Korvusman, Korvusman,

Does whatever a spider can

Spins a web, any size,

Catches indz and john just like flies

Look Out!

Here comes the Korvusman

=P

Okay, no more derailment. Promise :)

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 johnd13

@indzman said:

Korvusman, Korvusman,

Does whatever a spider can

Spins a web, any size,

Catches indz and john just like flies

Look Out!

Here comes the Korvusman

=P

Okay, no more derailment. Promise :)

lol nice :D

And to contribute to the thread: While I do believe in God, I can't say the same about Satan. To put it simple, I don't think God makes the good things happen, while Satan is responsible for the wicked. What I believe is that God gave us the best gift, existence, but now we're on our own. He doesn't hold our hands instead letting us take our chosen paths. Bad things(let's put aside natural disasters) happen because of man and the wrong path some opt to take.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 alim298

@johnd13 said:

And to contribute to the thread: While I do believe in God, I can't say the same about Satan. To put it simple, I don't think God makes the good things happen, while Satan is responsible for the wicked. What I believe is that God gave us the best gift, existence, but now we're on our own. He doesn't hold our hands instead letting us take our chosen paths. Bad things(let's put aside natural disasters) happen because of man and the wrong path some opt to take.

Well said.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#47 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I prefer these compared to the 10 commandments of christianity

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  9. Do not harm little children.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Badgernest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Badgernest
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@VaguelyTagged: Satan worshipping not stanism.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-598fc45371265

@The_Last_Ride said:

I prefer these compared to the 10 commandments of christianity

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  9. Do not harm little children.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

haha

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

There is one thing I don't get about Christian satan. He represents all evil if you are a bad person you go to hell to be punished. Heres the thing though if you're an evil prick like satan why punish you wouldn't he recruit you instead. Kinda makes no sense really.