So what do Democrats think about this pic?

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

JFK can do whatever he wants. We just do not want uneduacated hill billies and psychos with them.AIIison
hill billies hunt for food and you want to take away their ability to do so, that is sick really really sick that the people who best know and most safely use guns regularly you think they are a threat to you? i fear you having a gun because you sound like the kind of person that would shoot up a school. can we have a little tolerance for anyone who does anything that you choose not to do and believes anything you choose not to believe in? sick dude, get help.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

Doesn't mean much coming from a terrible president.

Moobopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Moobopper
Member since 2013 • 58 Posts

Quaker-w00ts
Are you kidding me, he was a great President. Read a book sometime. Certain individuals should be allowed guns. JFK was clearly a responsible gun owner. I personally do not want anyone to have a gun.
Moobopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Moobopper

[QUOTE="AIIison"]JFK can do whatever he wants. We just do not want uneduacated hill billies and psychos with them.surrealnumber5

hill billies hunt for food and you want to take away their ability to do so, that is sick really really sick that the people who best know and most safely use guns regularly you think they are a threat to you? i fear you having a gun because you sound like the kind of person that would shoot up a school. can we have a little tolerance for anyone who does anything that you choose not to do and believes anything you choose not to believe in? sick dude, get help.

You just did exactly what you got onto this user for... You refuse to tolerate that users opinion and go on baseless ad hominem attacks.
Moobopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Moobopper
[QUOTE="thegerg"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Didn't we talk about this already? Also I haven't put any word in your mouth, your misguided notion that these things are the same is the only thing up for debate in this topic.

thegerg

" Also I haven't put any word in your mouth"

Yes, you have. At least try to be honest here. You've not only accused me of advocating for "unlimited firearm distribution", but of "trying to use the fight for civil rights as a pretexted" for such a thing. If you want to have a real conversation you're going to have to stop making silly accusations and start being honest with the rest of us.

"your misguided notion that these things are the same is the only thing up for debate in this topic."

Civil rights are civil rights. To deny a person their civil rights because they were not educated is not acceptable to me.

No response or apology, huh? Not surprising. You seem to have a serious problem. You either find it acceptable to falsely accuse others of things they have not don, and then deny it. Or, you have a habit of making those false accusations, and then forgetting that you did so. Either way, you may want to seek professional help. You seem quite unstable.

You talking to yourself there bud?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

YEE HAW

ristactionjakso

cowboy

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#110 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="AIIison"]JFK can do whatever he wants. We just do not want uneduacated hill billies and psychos with them.surrealnumber5

That's kinda what I thought too. Hill billies know how to use guns. The stereotype on hillbillies is grossly overexaggerated by liberals too. Hillbillies don't even like going into the city so I don't think you need to worry about them shooting up schools and such. It's their own city folk doing the deeds.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

Do you honestly think our military would go against it's own citizens? It's own families, friends? Nah, don't think so.

ristactionjakso

It already did once. Read, Civil War.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]also note: low crime rates and no mass shootings. But I guess we have car bombings to balance that outBossPerson
Car bombings are nonexistent aside from Iraq and more recently Syria, politically influenced, confined to specific periods of time and I don't think they fall under crimes, more like terrorism which is a different category. Honestly despite it being a cesspool, the Middle East is one of the most safe places on earth.

Jordan, Lebanon, the Gulf, the Maghreb...all safe places to be as an Arab male.

Seriously now, aside from the Gulf being a female in other Arab countries is ok. It has its flaws sure but nothing outrageous. As for the Gulf, don't know don't care.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#113 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

Do you honestly think our military would go against it's own citizens? It's own families, friends? Nah, don't think so.

Lotus-Edge

That's not the same man. Civil war was basically 2 military powers fighting each other in USA. They both had guns, cannons, and what not.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts

[QUOTE="Lotus-Edge"]

ristactionjakso

That's not the same man. Civil war was basically 2 military powers fighting each other in USA. They both had guns, cannons, and what not.

the military would certainly take out the leadership of rebel cells, especially if they were taking violent action against the government
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

ff there was no second amendment jfk would still be alive

Aljosa23
You're a f**king idiot
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 -RocBoys9489-
JFK was the man too, he was probably the last great, true president who actually served WE the PEOPLE and not higher-up interests. He spoke against secret societies publicly and was true to himself.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Are you going to fight the U.S army with pistols and rifles?ristactionjakso

Do you really think the army will stand against millions of armed people? Unless the government bombs itself, there is no way it can win.

do you really think everyone who owns a gun will be on the side against the government?
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 -RocBoys9489-

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Are you going to fight the U.S army with pistols and rifles?comp_atkins

Do you really think the army will stand against millions of armed people? Unless the government bombs itself, there is no way it can win.

do you really think everyone who owns a gun will be on the side against the government?

In the event of a revolution happening in this day and age or the future, a huge injustice put fourth by the government I believe would indeed rally at least 90% against it. Also to people saying the military is too advanced and civilian weapons suck, would you rather have an unarmed population with ZERO chance instead of one that still has a VERY GOOD chance as proved in many other parts of the world throughout history?
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#119 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="Planeforger"]I do enjoy how your example of a pro-gun advocate was also one of the most famous gunshot victims of all time. I guess that makes my response "I'm fine with Americans keeping their guns, just as long as they're fine with being shot all the time".Planeforger

That's like saying "I'm fine with Americans keeping their cars, just as long as they're fine with being injured by them all the time". It's silly.

Assuming that there's an anology there (and that's shakey at best - cars are used publicly/guns privately; cars' death-dealing capacity is incidental to their central purpose/guns' central purpose is to kill; cars aren't used in many intentional killings/guns are; cars are used worldwide/guns tend to be banned or restircted in most first world counties; etc.)...people tend to be totally fine with laws designed to reduce car deaths.

There are strict regulations concerning what cars may be produced/sold, what cars people may drive, where people may drive, who is qualified to drive, what state of mind they have to be in before they get behind the wheel, etc. The whole system is strongly licenced, scrutinised and enforced, and particularly dangerous cars are quickly purged from the market.

Stronger car regulations could prevent more deaths from occurring, but at the same time some concessions need to be made to weaker drivers/unsafe cars, given the near-necessity of private transport in everyone's daily lives. The same argument for under-regulation couldn't easily be used in defence of guns.

Also, the original picture would be like using an image of Princess Diana in an endorsement for reducing car regulations. It wouldn't be particularly convincing.

*edit* To put it another way: if ridiculously fast sportscars started crashing into schoolbuses on a weekly basis, killing children with regular ease, would there be much of an outcry if the government tried to regulate sportscars more strongly, or ban those types of unsafe sportscar entirely?

In any case...that wasn't my main point at all. I was merely saying that I don't honestly care whether or not the USA ends up keeping or banning their guns, just as long as they don't act surprised or outraged at the natural and probable consequences of widespread gun ownership.

What the gov't should do is ban those cubes. Those cars are too little and look unsafe.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 -RocBoys9489-
I'd also like to add, there are too many good people in our military who actually have half a brain and aren't sheep. Honestly, I think the chances of a civil war are much greater than a revolution due to that fact. I know all my friends in the Navy/USAF/USMC wouldn't side against a just cause.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]Do you really think the army will stand against millions of armed people? Unless the government bombs itself, there is no way it can win.-RocBoys9489-

In the event of a revolution happening in this day and age or the future, a huge injustice put fourth by the government I believe would indeed rally at least 90% against it. Also to people saying the military is too advanced and civilian weapons suck, would you rather have an unarmed population with ZERO chance instead of one that still has a VERY GOOD chance as proved in many other parts of the world throughout history?

that really depends on the nature of the "injustices" doesn't it. plus if people think the armed insurrection is doomed to fail, or the people who take over are going to be worse than the current ruling establishment, they're not going to join the revolt. happens all the time.
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 -RocBoys9489-
[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"][QUOTE="comp_atkins"] do you really think everyone who owns a gun will be on the side against the government? comp_atkins

that really depends on the nature of the "injustices" doesn't it. plus if people think the armed insurrection is doomed to fail, or the people who take over are going to be worse than the current ruling establishment, they're not going to join the revolt. happens all the time.

Like I said above too, I think a civil war would be much more likely. I suggest you read about transcendentalist Henry David Thoreau, he has a lot of great stuff from the early 1800s about civil disobedience and when the time to revolt is.
LiquidAjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 LiquidAjax
Member since 2002 • 2032 Posts
if he sos smart y did he gets shot
Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#124 Chickity_China
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts

What does TC think of this picture?

LiquidAjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 LiquidAjax
Member since 2002 • 2032 Posts

What does TC think of this picture?

Chickity_China
tak china out of ur name communast
Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

[QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

Moobopper

Are you kidding me, he was a great President. Read a book sometime. Certain individuals should be allowed guns. JFK was clearly a responsible gun owner. I personally do not want anyone to have a gun.

I didn't read books, I read documents and all these documents point to JFK not being a good president. All he did was TRY and reform civil rights.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

ff there was no second amendment jfk would still be alive

-RocBoys9489-

You're a f**king idiot

y u take obvious joke post seriously you dumb cvnt?

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Look at Libya and Syria. Those people are armed to the teeth (very easy to get assault weapons in arab countries) and yet those revolutions would fail without air support. Syria is moving at a ultra slow pace because of the lack of air power

BossPerson

Well, said support wouldn't matter either w/o weapons on the ground, either, and Ghadaffi would still be chillin', for better or worse.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I'm pretty sure his opinions changed on the subject the second his head was removed by a bullet.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

I now believe that JFK accidentally shot himself in the Oval Office and that the entire Dealey Plaza incident was faked with a JFK lookalike.

:|

Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Hakumen21
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="AIIison"]JFK can do whatever he wants. We just do not want uneduacated hill billies and psychos with them.

I don't think anyone wants psychos to have guns, but to disallow someone their rights simply because they're uneducated is quite elitist and, honestly, disgusting. (What is quite ironic is that you misspell the word "uneducated" in a post in which you are saying that those people are somehow lesser than you.)

Quit throwing around the word 'Rights'.. But ppl are acting as if Guns are our most important Right of all. Why are you even going to own a gun if you're not going to shoot it? Simply pulling it out to scare someone away doesnt always work.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

JFK was a badass liberal (but he was an absolute man-whore); however, that was the 1960s and things were very different politically: The Dems were pro-interventionists, the GOP were pro-civil rights.

Things change.

EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
Judging by this thread gun crime should be alot higher in the us
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 whipassmt

[QUOTE="Moobopper"][QUOTE="Quaker-w00ts"]

Quaker-w00ts

I didn't read books, I read documents and all these documents point to JFK not being a good president. All he did was TRY and reform civil rights.

I think he was okay, he did handle the Cuban Missile Crisis quite well. But I do think he may be a bit mythologized and overrated. Overall though I think he was a decent president.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 whipassmt

[QUOTE="Hakumen21"][QUOTE="thegerg"] I don't think anyone wants psychos to have guns, but to disallow someone their rights simply because they're uneducated is quite elitist and, honestly, disgusting. (What is quite ironic is that you misspell the word "uneducated" in a post in which you are saying that those people are somehow lesser than you.)thegerg
Quit throwing around the word 'Rights'.. But ppl are acting as if Guns are our most important Right of all. Why are you even going to own a gun if you're not going to shoot it? Simply pulling it out to scare someone away doesnt always work.

I am throwing nothing around. "Why are you even going to own a gun if you're not going to shoot it?" You'll have to ask the owner that, not me, silly.

I Hakumen keep arguing with you, you might wind up throwing him around!

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Maybe he'd changed his mind if he survived the shot to the head.
kabphillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 kabphillie
Member since 2012 • 291 Posts

What do Republicans think about this graphic?

n-k9vdg170sylv4thxvfsw.gif

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 whipassmt

kabphillie

I don't know, maybe they think that if a civil war broke out they would handily win and control the country?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]Do you really think the army will stand against millions of armed people? Unless the government bombs itself, there is no way it can win.

-RocBoys9489-

I'd say it is irrelevant in a pluralist liberal democracy, since the military is made up of your friends and neighbours and they aren't going to attack the population in the first place. So, it will be the civilian population + 95% of the military vs the (evil/tyrannical) government, whomever that is, and the 5% of the military that is too dumb to think for themselves including the 2% that are psycho or sociopaths.

This is because the real world isn't like a 1970s James Bond film populated with legions of disposable bad guys who ask no questions and blindly follow the charismatic but evil leader of a shadowy multi-letter organization like robots.

Indeed, the very nature of modern pluralist societies essentially guarantees that the armed forces of those societies will be among the first to reject tyranny.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

kabphillie

Unsurprising.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

should we be able to buy fighter jets?

BossPerson
Seven-year-old boy buys fighter jet on eBay and $5M Buys the Ride of Your Life Just like we can also buy tanks and other assorted military hardware.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 WhiteKnight77
I very much doubt JFK would have had that opinion if he knew that he was going to be killed by a loony with a gun a few years afterwards. Commander-Gree
The fact that he was killed by a gunman with a bolt action rifle and the three shots were all fired in less than 6 seconds is very telling.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
I think that toupee looks bad
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

whipassmt

Why would our own military even attack American citizens? Why would they attack their own family and friends? If they were given the order to attack American citizens, I'm sure most would abandon the order and stand alongside the people.

I think the U.S military take oaths that include the vow that they will disobey any illegal order.

Oath of Enlistment. We take an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="AIIison"]JFK can do whatever he wants. We just do not want uneduacated hill billies and psychos with them.Moobopper

You just did exactly what you got onto this user for... You refuse to tolerate that users opinion and go on baseless ad hominem attacks.

i called for nothing, i live well knowing there are crazy butt holes out there that would see the world burn with their crazy, but they do not have the numbers to do so, dont project your shallow understanding of reality on me.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 whipassmt

[QUOTE="kabphillie"]

coolbeans90

Unsurprising.

Perhaps the most surprising thing is that gun ownership has risen among Democrats and their supporters.