So what do Democrats think about this pic?

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Reagan wanted assault rifles banned. Some figure believing something doesn't mean anyone else has to or should. To be clear, I'm completely opposed to any form of gun control.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

Reagan wanted assault rifles banned. Some figure believing something doesn't mean anyone else has to or should. To be clear, I'm completely opposed to any form of gun control.Rhazakna
pragmatism....practicality....these are words of the establishment drones, right?

Those who have not yet liberated their minds from the shackles of statism. Those too blind to see the truth of extremist idealism.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BossPerson
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="thegerg"] ?

keep the guns to people in a well regulated militia.

Why? That's not what that amendment is about.

the wording of that amendment is so bad, the interpretation can go both ways and still be equally right.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
What do I think of it? The resolution is abysmal.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BossPerson
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="thegerg"] Why? That's not what that amendment is about.

the wording of that amendment is so bad, the interpretation can go both ways and still be equally right.

The wording isn't bad at all. It grants the right to own and bear weapons to the people in order to keep the militia regulated.

"the militia"?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DroidPhysX
lol @ arguing w/thegerg
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Reagan wanted assault rifles banned. Some figure believing something doesn't mean anyone else has to or should. To be clear, I'm completely opposed to any form of gun control.BossPerson

pragmatism....practicality....these are words of the establishment drones, right?

Those who have not yet liberated their minds from the shackles of statism. Those too blind to see the truth of extremist idealism.

How exactly is it practical to trust the most violent organization on planet Earth with genocide machines when you don't trust your friends and neighbors with semi-auto rifles? These appeals to pragmatism are absurd when you realize what the implications of gun control really are. The most murderous group gets exclusive access to the most dangerous weapons. Pragmatism! You're a f*cking dunce.
DJ419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DJ419
Member since 2005 • 1016 Posts

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]the wording of that amendment is so bad, the interpretation can go both ways and still be equally right. BossPerson
The wording isn't bad at all. It grants the right to own and bear weapons to the people in order to keep the militia regulated.

"the militia"?

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What part of that don't you understand?

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Reagan wanted assault rifles banned. Some figure believing something doesn't mean anyone else has to or should. To be clear, I'm completely opposed to any form of gun control.Rhazakna

How exactly is it practical to trust the most violent organization on planet Earth with genocide machines when you don't trust your friends and neighbors with semi-auto rifles? These appeals to pragmatism are absurd when you realize what the implications of gun control really are. The most murderous group gets exclusive access to the most dangerous weapons. Pragmatism! You're a f*cking dunce.

relax, i always thought you were a good poster. dont lose your ****

I see the appeal of anarchism in many ways. Im not exactly a fan of states by any means. They are the epitome of what is criminal imo. But perhaps they're necessary.

Understand something. We LIVE in anarchism. States are imaginary constructs, you know this more than anyone. There's nothing physically restraining anyone from trying to destroy a state. I believe anarchism will always naturally lead toward statism at some point since people will always try to achieve some sort of monopoly of power, unless people are willing to always defend an anarchism system.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="thegerg"] The wording isn't bad at all. It grants the right to own and bear weapons to the people in order to keep the militia regulated. DJ419

"the militia"?

it can easily be interpreted that the right to carry arms should be limited to those in an organized militia.
DJ419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DJ419

[QUOTE="DJ419"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]"the militia"? BossPerson

it can easily be interpreted that the right to carry arms should be limited to those in an organized militia.

Then why does it say people instead of the militia? Because the militia is the people. You need an armed populace in order to form a militia in the first place. That is why it says people.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]pragmatism....practicality....these are words of the establishment drones, right?

BossPerson

relax, i always thought you were a good poster. dont lose your ****

I see the appeal of anarchism in many ways. Im not exactly a fan of states by any means. They are the epitome of what is criminal imo. But perhaps they're necessary.

Understand something. We LIVE in anarchism. States are imaginary constructs, you know this more than anyone. There's nothing physically restraining anyone from trying to destroy a state. I believe anarchism will always naturally lead toward statism at some point since people will always try to achieve some sort of monopoly of power, unless people are willing to always defend an anarchism system.

I agree. The State is maintained mostly by ideology, not brute force and society (any kind of society) is chaos, regardless of how ordered it may appear. An anarchist society would have to be a society where most people value anarchism and are willing to defend it, and the same is true for statism. Of course the State will reappear if enough people don't value statelessness, just as the state will collapse if most people don't value statism. All the compnents of anarchism have existed numerous times throughout history, it's just that statelessness isn't valued. That's what anarchists are trying to change. You're not telling me anything I don't already know.
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

Live by the sword...

Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
I very much doubt JFK would have had that opinion if he knew that he was going to be killed by a loony with a gun a few years afterwards.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Are you going to fight the U.S army with pistols and rifles?ristactionjakso

Do you really think the army will stand against millions of armed people? Unless the government bombs itself, there is no way it can win.

Why would our own military even attack American citizens? Why would they attack their own family and friends? If they were given the order to attack American citizens, I'm sure most would abandon the order and stand alongside the people.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Are you going to fight the U.S army with pistols and rifles?gamerguru100

Do you really think the army will stand against millions of armed people? Unless the government bombs itself, there is no way it can win.

Why would our own military even attack American citizens? Why would they attack their own family and friends? If they were given the order to attack American citizens, I'm sure most would abandon the order and stand alongside the people.

Which is the entire purpose of having a volunteer military force. The doomsday that the crazy people talk about is so impossible that it could only take place in the minds of the people perpetuating this type of behavior.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

What do you think of it ristactionjakso? You didn't really say.

Personally I'm not for taking away people's guns nor their right to own them. I'm simply for keeping them out of the hands of the mentally ill, and for the amount of bullets they can hold at one time to be limited in capacity so that if and when something terrible happens less people can be murdered. Nothing in that JFK quote seems to disagree with me on that.

As for the rest of the responsible gun owners out there, they can go shoot game or targets until their heart is content for all I care.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#74 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

[QUOTE="AIIison"]JFK can do whatever he wants. We just do not want uneduacated hill billies and psychos with them.thegerg
I don't think anyone wants psychos to have guns, but to disallow someone their rights simply because they're uneducated is quite elitist and, honestly, disgusting. (What is quite ironic is that you misspell the word "uneducated" in a post in which you are saying that those people are somehow lesser than you.)

I think "uneduacated" was a typo rather than a mispelling. Allison probably was typing fast and hit the a and c buttons in the wrong order.

DJ419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DJ419

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]Do you really think the army will stand against millions of armed people? Unless the government bombs itself, there is no way it can win.

Yusuke420

Which is the entire purpose of having a volunteer military force. The doomsday that the crazy people talk about is so impossible that it could only take place in the minds of the people perpetuating this type of behavior.

It is so reassuring to hear that humanity as a whole has suddenly evolved beyond the point where everyone now knows what is good for everyone else. That the possibility of a small group of people (the government), is no longer capable of commiting anymore heinous acts.

The 2nd Amendment was designed specifically for this doomsday you speak of.

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once." - Judge Alex Kozinski of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#76 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Are you going to fight the U.S army with pistols and rifles?gamerguru100

I think the U.S military take oaths that include the vow that they will disobey any illegal order.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#77 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Do we even have militias anymore? Even if we do I doubt they are well-regulated. Regardless of what JFK, I still feel in sight of the many gun related crimes that were committed last year, that we have to do something, doing nothing doesn't change anything and more crimes will happen. Something must change.layton2012
Chicago has a gun ban, yet has the most gun related crimes.......

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

again, what do you think of the picture you postedristactionjakso.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ristactionjakso

What do you think of it ristactionjakso? You didn't really say.

Personally I'm not for taking away people's guns nor their right to own them. I'm simply for keeping them out of the hands of the mentally ill, and for the amount of bullets they can hold at one time to be limited in capacity so that if and when something terrible happens less people can be murdered. Nothing in that JFK quote seems to disagree with me on that.

As for the rest of the responsible gun owners out there, they can go shoot game or targets until their heart is content for all I care.

Serraph105

I stated that Obama is wrong to try to ban assault rifles. JFK, a democrat like Obama, had assault weapons himself. Why is Obama trying to punish the honest decent people because of a few dip sh!ts?

TAMKFanFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TAMKFanFAN
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="AIIison"] Oh **** off Captain America. This thread is not about your morals? Some people are just smarter, learn the fact. Would you give a monkey a gun?ristactionjakso

Yes, some people are smarter. That has nothing to do with the fact that you seem to wish to deny Americans their rights based on their level of education. Let's not forget that that was the same justification used to prevent blacks from voting in many places for generations. It's inhumane and disgusting.

Good point there. Most liberal democrats are ignorant to their own ingorance.

What, that was a terrible point and terrible false equivalence. Right to own a mass murder machine =/= civil rights???
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#83 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] Yes, some people are smarter. That has nothing to do with the fact that you seem to wish to deny Americans their rights based on their level of education. Let's not forget that that was the same justification used to prevent blacks from voting in many places for generations. It's inhumane and disgusting. thegerg

It's no more disguesting then you trying to use the fight for civil rights as a pretexted for unlimited firearm distribution. Those two aren't even close to the same thing because black people voting wouldn't harm anyone. Someone of less then average intelligence might be more prone to give into their primal brain and actually harm someone with a firearm though.

You've proved in the past that you have a bad habit of making false accusations of others, and that you can't handle it when someone does the same to you. I'm not going to b1tch and cry like you do when false accusations are made against you, I'm simply going to tell you to stop it. It's time to grow up. Stop putting words in the mouths of others.

Didn't we talk about this already? Also I haven't put any word in your mouth, your misguided notion that these things are the same is the only thing up for debate in this topic.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Are you going to fight the U.S army with pistols and rifles?ristactionjakso

Or if, just maybe, they use the hundreds of thousands of tanks, aircraft, APC's, missile's, and bombs that make them more powerful than every other military on the planet... but sure, a few "million" people with handguns, hunting rifles, and pipe bombs are sure to win in the end....

He doesn't give much of an interpretation of the second amendment, he merely says what it is and says he thinks its important.chessmaster1989
Basically this....

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#86 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Or if, just maybe, they use the hundreds of thousands of tanks, aircraft, APC's, missile's, and bombs that make them more powerful than every other military on the planet... but sure, a few "million" people with handguns, hunting rifles, and pipe bombs are sure to win in the end....

Lotus-Edge

That was very effective in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. It also worked really well for the Soviets in the 80s in Afghanistan.

Bascially what you just said goes against every major conflict of the last 40 years.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="Lotus-Edge"]

Wasdie

That was very effective in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. It also worked really well for the Soviets in the 80s in Afghanistan.

Bascially what you just said goes against every major conflict of the last 40 years.

In all of those instances that you've used, never once was there a government that engaged in DOMESTIC tyranny and takeover. Once again, it's easier to take over your own backyard than your neighbors. Because you know what goes on in your own backyard.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="Lotus-Edge"]

DroidPhysX

In all of those instances that you've used, never once was there a government that engaged in DOMESTIC tyranny and takeover. Once again, it's easier to take over your own backyard than your neighbors. Because you know what goes on in your own backyard.

Changes nothing. Just because you know the land better doesn't mean you can efficiently oppress it, especially when your population is armed.

Bombing your own infastructure to the ground is not the best of strategical decisions you could make. The military gets their supplies from somewhere. Logistics really don't work when you have to attack your own supply routes.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

Changes nothing. Just because you know the land better doesn't mean you can efficiently oppress it, especially when your population is armed.

Bombing your own infastructure to the ground is not the best of strategical decisions you could make. The military gets their supplies from somewhere. Logistics really don't work when you have to attack your own supply routes.

Of course it does. You basically know everything where as in Vietnam or Iraq, you didn't. Knowledge is power. Both in terms of having an NSA dossier on every American and there whereabouts, habits, etc and infrastructure.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#90 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Um...I don't care...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] In all of those instances that you've used, never once was there a government that engaged in DOMESTIC tyranny and takeover. Once again, it's easier to take over your own backyard than your neighbors. Because you know what goes on in your own backyard. DroidPhysX

Of course it does. You basically know everything where as in Vietnam or Iraq, you didn't. Knowledge is power. Both in terms of having an NSA dossier on every American and there whereabouts, habits, etc and infrastructure.

You overestimate the capabilities of our insanely inefficent government.

Also I'll say it again, bombing your own infrastructure doesn't work. Just look at Syria. They've been doing such a good job of bombing their people to submission.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts
I'd say America's military might is greater than Russia, Iraq, Vietnam, etc. Besides that, the other conflicts you mentioned were one's where the opposition was being armed by outside forces.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts
I do enjoy how your example of a pro-gun advocate was also one of the most famous gunshot victims of all time. I guess that makes my response "I'm fine with Americans keeping their guns, just as long as they're fine with being shot all the time".
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]I do enjoy how your example of a pro-gun advocate was also one of the most famous gunshot victims of all time. I guess that makes my response "I'm fine with Americans keeping their guns, just as long as they're fine with being shot all the time".thegerg
That's like saying "I'm fine with Americans keeping their cars, just as long as they're fine with being injured by them all the time". It's silly.

Assuming that there's an anology there (and that's shakey at best - cars are used publicly/guns privately; cars' death-dealing capacity is incidental to their central purpose/guns' central purpose is to kill; cars aren't used in many intentional killings/guns are; cars are used worldwide/guns tend to be banned or restircted in most first world counties; etc.)...people tend to be totally fine with laws designed to reduce car deaths.

There are strict regulations concerning what cars may be produced/sold, what cars people may drive, where people may drive, who is qualified to drive, what state of mind they have to be in before they get behind the wheel, etc. The whole system is strongly licenced, scrutinised and enforced, and particularly dangerous cars are quickly purged from the market.

Stronger car regulations could prevent more deaths from occurring, but at the same time some concessions need to be made to weaker drivers/unsafe cars, given the near-necessity of private transport in everyone's daily lives. The same argument for under-regulation couldn't easily be used in defence of guns.

Also, the original picture would be like using an image of Princess Diana in an endorsement for reducing car regulations. It wouldn't be particularly convincing.

*edit* To put it another way: if ridiculously fast sportscars started crashing into schoolbuses on a weekly basis, killing children with regular ease, would there be much of an outcry if the government tried to regulate sportscars more strongly, or ban those types of unsafe sportscar entirely?

In any case...that wasn't my main point at all. I was merely saying that I don't honestly care whether or not the USA ends up keeping or banning their guns, just as long as they don't act surprised or outraged at the natural and probable consequences of widespread gun ownership.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Do you really think the army will stand against millions of armed people? Unless the government bombs itself, there is no way it can win.

Lotus-Edge

He doesn't give much of an interpretation of the second amendment, he merely says what it is and says he thinks its important.chessmaster1989
Basically this....

Do you honestly think our military would go against it's own citizens? It's own families, friends? Nah, don't think so.

Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts
How useless was the CIA back then that Kennedy had to get a gun?
littledoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 littledoug
Member since 2008 • 219 Posts

JFK can do whatever he wants. We just do not want uneduacated hill billies and psychos with them.AIIison
Said Big Brother.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Democrats have nothing against guns until they feel it can benefit them politically.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Live by the gun; die by the gun. That's what that says to me.

Ha!