So uhh...Breaking Bad is...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] It's for the preservation of Jesse as well. Let's assume you guys save Jane. Then Jesse and Jane they run off, spend all their money on drugs, and die from drug over-use. Good job, you just killed two people :P.Shottayouth13-

Considering some of the shit Walt's pulled I doubt he's really all that concered with Jesse's welfare for Jesse's own sake, but more so that he has a partner he can control.

[spoiler] Shit like, for instance, poisoning Jesse's girlfriend's kid and blaming it on Gustavo, when he saw that Jesse was gaining favor with Gus. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] How can you even say that? Walt put his head on the line for Jesse a good amount of times, throwing himself into situations that he knew would be detrimental to his own well being (killing Gus' men in order to save Jesse's life.)

The Walt/Jesse relationship is a complex one, and there's much more to it that Walt just using Jesse for his own benefit. From the conversation with Donald at the bar, you could tell that Walt had paternal feelings for Jesse and that's what compelled him to go to Jesse's house - he didn't like the direction he was heading in with all that drug use. He did try to genuinely help him, something just went horribly wrong in the process.

Jane would have probably overdosed sooner or later the way she was going and the plane crash may probably still have happened.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Because in spite of what he might say, or even tell himself for that matter, I'm not totally convinced that Walt's actions are entirely motivated by Jesse's well being.

Also, that Jane may have overdosed sooner or later does not excuse Walt's standing back watching as she dies. And the plane crash isn't really relevant to the question of Walt's motivations. [/spoiler]

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Considering some of the shit Walt's pulled I doubt he's really all that concered with Jesse's welfare for Jesse's own sake, but more so that he has a partner he can control.

[spoiler] Shit like, for instance, poisoning Jesse's girlfriend's kid and blaming it on Gustavo, when he saw that Jesse was gaining favor with Gus. [/spoiler]

worlock77

[spoiler] How can you even say that? Walt put his head on the line for Jesse a good amount of times, throwing himself into situations that he knew would be detrimental to his own well being (killing Gus' men in order to save Jesse's life.)

The Walt/Jesse relationship is a complex one, and there's much more to it that Walt just using Jesse for his own benefit. From the conversation with Donald at the bar, you could tell that Walt had paternal feelings for Jesse and that's what compelled him to go to Jesse's house - he didn't like the direction he was heading in with all that drug use. He did try to genuinely help him, something just went horribly wrong in the process.

Jane would have probably overdosed sooner or later the way she was going and the plane crash may probably still have happened.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Because in spite of what he might say, or even tell himself for that matter, I'm not totally convinced that Walt's actions are entirely motivated by Jesse's well being.

Also, that Jane may have overdosed sooner or later does not excuse Walt's standing back watching as she dies. And the plane crash isn't really relevant to the question of Walt's motivations. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Certainly not all his actions, but to say that he's just completely using Jesse and isn't at all compared with his well being isn't true. He does are about him. He knew what he'd be getting into when he killed Gus' men to save Jesse. He put his own life (and possibly that of his family) by doing that. I don't think money was on his mind at that point. [/spoiler]
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#203 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Yep. If you say so. I wonder why GoT has a larger, dedicated fanbase then. ShadowsDemon

By that logic, The Walking Dead is the best show on TV because its fanbase/viewship is much higher. Also, The Wire is one of the worst shows ever because it seriously struggled in ratings.

Come on now. The amount of viewership rarely, if ever, reflects the actual quality of the show.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#204 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

The whole point of the show is to transform this mild-mannered, kind of a whimp of a teacher into basically Tony goddamn Montana. If you haven't been able to see the show building up to that then yeah, you've not understood it.

AFBrat77

No, I think I saw that pretty clearly. It's called feeling sorry for douchebags.....get the picture yet? And to the person that said you can't compare BB to GoT, you bloody well can. Except GoT is better.

No

Yep. If you say so. I wonder why GoT has a larger, dedicated fanbase then.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] No, I think I saw that pretty clearly. It's called feeling sorry for douchebags.....get the picture yet? And to the person that said you can't compare BB to GoT, you bloody well can. Except GoT is better.ShadowsDemon

No

Holy shit are you really saying "more fans = better"?

The Wire never had a large audience. That show must have been much worse than NCIS.
Arrested Development is nowhere near as good as Two and a Half Men.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
smh, shadow. Smh
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"] [spoiler] How can you even say that? Walt put his head on the line for Jesse a good amount of times, throwing himself into situations that he knew would be detrimental to his own well being (killing Gus' men in order to save Jesse's life.)

[/spoiler]

Shottayouth13-

[spoiler] Certainly not all his actions, but to say that he's just completely using Jesse and isn't at all compared with his well being isn't true. He does are about him. He knew what he'd be getting into when he killed Gus' men to save Jesse. He put his own life (and possibly that of his family) by doing that. I don't think money was on his mind at that point. [/spoiler]

I never said that he was completely using Jesse, but.....

[spoiler] Allowing Jane to die, whatever the justification he might use, flipping his shit when Jesse wanted to start cooking again when he (Walt that is) said he didn't want to, poisoning Brock to turn Jesse against Gustavo, and the way he frequently berates and talks down to Jesse are kinda the actions of a controlling dick. [/spoiler]

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 dave123321
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]

Also, to whoever praised the episode "Fly" and how good it was, I'll just leave it at this.

d

dave123321
It's posts like this that make people think you have missed out on some stuff I mean you can certainly critique if the episode was sussesful in what it was trying to do. Feeling that it was a good episode or if it failed in reaching the themes and character stuff it wanted to explore. Among other stuff. Would certainly understand a person hating the episode.

I think this is still relevant
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 dave123321
Felt that the newest episode felt a bit rushed in where it ultimately goes.
thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts
got to the 6th ep in series 2 and was bored to tears with the second series
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#212 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]

Also, to whoever praised the episode "Fly" and how good it was, I'll just leave it at this.

d

dave123321

It's posts like this that make people think you have missed out on some stuff I mean you can certainly critique if the episode was sussesful in what it was trying to do. Feeling that it was a good episode or if it failed in reaching the themes and character stuff it wanted to explore. Among other stuff. Would certainly understand a person hating the episode.

I did feel "The Fly" needed to be seen a 2nd time to appreciate it. I think Season 3 was an alltogether great Season, particularly the last 2 episodes.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
Just started season 4 for the first time. Two episodes in. Great show.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 dave123321
August is so very far away :( Not really, but still
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]

Yep. If you say so. I wonder why GoT has a larger, dedicated fanbase then. drinkerofjuice

By that logic, The Walking Dead is the best show on TV because its fanbase/viewship is much higher. Also, The Wire is one of the worst shows ever because it seriously struggled in ratings.

Come on now. The amount of viewership rarely, if ever, reflects the actual quality of the show.

Okay, maybe not, but GoT was originally an effort of a single guy in his spare time who wrote over 2 million words for his book series. BB is a collective effort by multiple people. For me, it's easy to see which one is better.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="dave123321"] It's posts like this that make people think you have missed out on some stuff I mean you can certainly critique if the episode was sussesful in what it was trying to do. Feeling that it was a good episode or if it failed in reaching the themes and character stuff it wanted to explore. Among other stuff. Would certainly understand a person hating the episode.AFBrat77

I did feel "The Fly" needed to be seen a 2nd time to appreciate it. I think Season 3 was an alltogether great Season, particularly the last 2 episodes.

The last two eps of Season 3 were great, but the rest of the season was crap. Season 4 is the best one.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] No, I think I saw that pretty clearly. It's called feeling sorry for douchebags.....get the picture yet? And to the person that said you can't compare BB to GoT, you bloody well can. Except GoT is better.ShadowsDemon

No

Holy shit you're a moron.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 dave123321
This GOT talk is silly in its lack of any actual relevant points to which is a better show.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 heeweesRus

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]

Yep. If you say so. I wonder why GoT has a larger, dedicated fanbase then. ShadowsDemon

Okay, maybe not, but GoT was originally an effort of a single guy in his spare time who wrote over 2 million words for his book series. BB is a collective effort by multiple people. For me, it's easy to see which one is better.

Funny how you fail to mention that GoT's budget is much much larger than Breaking Bad's budget.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 dave123321
Not to mention that they are two very different genres dealing with radically different scopes and themes
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 dave123321
[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="dave123321"] People just seem unable to let things go and move on. the OT elitists can be annoying

They sure as hell can...it's like they need to have that extra nudge in every thread with their superior attitude that they're above all others. And it's over a TV show; it's a matter of opinion, not fact.

Am sure some will come in and try and argue against the value of opinions and for 'objective' review

This still stands, though
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#222 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
Game of Thrones is one of the best TV shows of this era. Breaking Bad is one of the best TV shows of all time. That's the difference.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 ShadowsDemon

Comparing Breaking Bad to Games of Thrones is one of the stupidest things I've read on this board in a while, and everyone involved in that conversation should be ashamed of themselves.

worlock77

Ah, the enlightened one, coming to our intellectual aid in our greatest time of need and giving the bowl of $hit another quick stir. Bravo.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"] By that logic, The Walking Dead is the best show on TV because its fanbase/viewship is much higher. Also, The Wire is one of the worst shows ever because it seriously struggled in ratings.

heeweesRus

Funny how you fail to mention that GoT's budget is much much larger than Breaking Bad's budget.

I guess that's why it's also better. :) In all seriousness, you do realize this is a subjective opinion, right? You're all trying to argue how much better BB is when it's a matter of opinion; not a fact.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 dave123321
This is still silly
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 ShadowsDemon
This is still sillydave123321
Yes, yes it is.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Shottayouth13-

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"][QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

i found them quite underwhelming.

started with some promise, silent killers. then they just became meh.

konvikt_17

Nah, Hank's just too badass. I wonder what his next course of action will be seeing as how he finally put the pieces together.

[spoiler] He had help:P

just figured they would have put up more a fight.

yea am curious what he will do. i dont think he will go after Walter or at least not at first.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Well they did cripple him.

I think he will though, it's his most beloved case! :shock: 

There's only 8 episodes left, and Hank's the only real antagonist left. [/spoiler]

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 worlock77

Comparing Breaking Bad to Games of Thrones is one of the stupidest things I've read on this board in a while, and everyone involved in that conversation should be ashamed of themselves.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 heeweesRus

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Okay, maybe not, but GoT was originally an effort of a single guy in his spare time who wrote over 2 million words for his book series. BB is a collective effort by multiple people. For me, it's easy to see which one is better. ShadowsDemon

I guess that's why it's also better. :) In all seriousness, you do realize this is a subjective opinion, right? You're all trying to argue how much better BB is when it's a matter of opinion; not a fact.

Why don't you take your own advice? ;)

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="heeweesRus"] Funny how you fail to mention that GoT's budget is much much larger than Breaking Bad's budget.

heeweesRus

Why don't you take your own advice? ;)

....says the person who keeps calling people idiots for liking other media.
DharmaMember77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 DharmaMember77
Member since 2010 • 2377 Posts

Parks and Recreation>Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 JML897

DharmaMember77
I wouldn't go that far but goddamn it's amazing how much I love every Parks and Rec episode. I don't think the quality's dipped at all ever since it started going on a roll in season 2, it's so consistent.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 dave123321
TC, are you caught up with the show?
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
[QUOTE="DharmaMember77"]

JML897
I wouldn't go that far but goddamn it's amazing how much I love every Parks and Rec episode. I don't think the quality's dipped at all ever since it started going on a roll in season 2, it's so consistent.

I hate to help steer this thread off-course even further, but does Parks and Recreation get better? I tried the Pilot episode on Netflix but it didn't do anything for me.
DharmaMember77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 DharmaMember77

[QUOTE="DharmaMember77"]

JML897

Yeah I've been on a real Parks and Rec high because of the two new episodes that aired back to back tonight.

DharmaMember77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 DharmaMember77

[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="DharmaMember77"]

Razor-Lazor

I hate to help steer this thread off-course even further, but does Parks and Recreation get better? I tried the Pilot episode on Netflix but it didn't do anything for me.

Season 1 is shaky but once you start season 2 it's fantastic.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 JML897
[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="DharmaMember77"]

Razor-Lazor

When I went through season 1 I thought "there's no way I'm ever going to like this show". It's much worse than the later seasons. As I kinda said earlier the second season is when it really gets rolling. Some characters (like Andy for example) get complete personality overhauls and they're much more likable as a result
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 dave123321
Hey guys I like the show The Wire. Especially season 4.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 JML897
I'm sorry dave
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

TC, are you caught up with the show?dave123321

Yup

am now impatiently waiting for August.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 dave123321
Never really liked the twins from BB. Felt their portrayal was a bit too *some word I can't think of right now*
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 konvikt_17

Never really liked the twins from BB. Felt their portrayal was a bit too *some word I can't think of right now*dave123321

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#243 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

DharmaMember77

Parks and Recreation is pretty good but I like The Office better. Season 8 was pretty crappy but it seems like they're going to end on a high note. Season 9 so far is probably one of my favorite seasons.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Never really liked the twins from BB. Felt their portrayal was a bit too *some word I can't think of right now*konvikt_17

I actually really liked their backstory. Even though they're weapon of choice appears to be an axe, I wouldn't call them silent killers. They were just simply extremely determined to get their vengeance.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Shottayouth13-

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Never really liked the twins from BB. Felt their portrayal was a bit too *some word I can't think of right now*konvikt_17

Nah, Hank's just too badass. I wonder what his next course of action will be seeing as how he finally put the pieces together.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 konvikt_17

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Never really liked the twins from BB. Felt their portrayal was a bit too *some word I can't think of right now*KHAndAnime

I actually really liked their backstory. Even though they're weapon of choice appears to be an axe, I wouldn't call them silent killers. They were just simply extremely determined to get their vengeance.

by silent i meant they didnt really say much.:P

i liked them but i felt they could have been used a tad bit more.

they fizzled too soon.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

konvikt_17

by silent i meant they didnt really say much.:P

i liked them but i felt they could have been used a tad bit more.

they fizzled too soon.

Oh, yea :P Yea I didn't care for the silent part as much. Especially Tuco was anything but silent himself.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 konvikt_17

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Never really liked the twins from BB. Felt their portrayal was a bit too *some word I can't think of right now*Shottayouth13-

[spoiler] He had help:P

just figured they would have put up more a fight.

yea am curious what he will do. i dont think he will go after Walter or at least not at first.

[/spoiler]

DharmaMember77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 DharmaMember77

[QUOTE="DharmaMember77"]

cain006

Parks and Recreation is pretty good but I like The Office better. Season 8 was pretty crappy but it seems like they're going to end on a high note. Season 9 so far is probably one of my favorite seasons.

Seasons 2 and 3 of The Office are classics but I think Parks and Rec has stayed much more consistent and avoided all of the mistakes that The Office made during it's run.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#250 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="DharmaMember77"]

DharmaMember77

Seasons 2 and 3 of The Office are classics but I think Parks and Rec has stayed much more consistent and avoided all of the mistakes that The Office made during it's run.

Season 1 wasn't very good. And I dunno, I just don't like some characters on Parks and Rec. Jerry is really the only character I find consistently funny.