So uhh...Breaking Bad is...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

A great show.

was bored the other night and was searching through Netflix came across Breaking Bad.

remembered how much praise it gets from OT. looked up what it was about. sounded interesting.

watched the first episode. got hooked. will say, i expected more meth making, but overall, very enjoyable show.

im on S4:E8 now. gonna have to find a way to watch the first 8 episodes of season 5 then catch the rest when it airs on TV.

Not sure how such a great show has slipped by me for so long, but better late than never i guess:P

I prefer the bald Walt. also like the relationship between Walt and Jesse.

gotta say though, Mike is my favorite character thus far. so calm.

#2 Posted by dave123321 (34436 posts) -
Can't wait for July
#3 Posted by Ackad (3183 posts) -
Love the show, however season 5 was a really big disappointment. If I spoiled something, then my bad lol.
#4 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

Dont see any spoilers there.:)

#5 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

never have a i said/thought "oh shit" as much as i have, than when watching Breaking Bad.

#6 Posted by CountBleck12 (4333 posts) -

I'll get back to watching this show eventually since I got into Game of Thrones recently.

#8 Posted by bort_hurs (202 posts) -
Just watch S5 on a stream site.
#9 Posted by Angie7F (1175 posts) -

I also think it is ok.

#10 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9540 posts) -
It's a good show, but it's still overrated.
#12 Posted by iskeethunters (925 posts) -

A great show.

was bored the other night and was searching through Netflix came across Breaking Bad.

remembered how much praise it gets from OT. looked up what it was about. sounded interesting.

watched the first episode. got hooked. will say, i expected more meth making, but overall, very enjoyable show.

im on S4:E8 now. gonna have to find a way to watch the first 8 episodes of season 5 then catch the rest when it airs on TV.

Not sure how such a great show has slipped by me for so long, but better late than never i guess:P

konvikt_17
You watched 4 season in 2 days? Hmm...
#13 Posted by KHAndAnime (14922 posts) -
It's a good show, but it's still overrated.ShadowsDemon
Why?
#14 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
Can't wait for July dave123321
#15 Posted by Hate_Squad (1357 posts) -

you can tell that its a great show by the fact that very few women watch it,when something is liked by a big percentage of the female population then something is wrong with it.women should stay to the walking dead or game of thrones

#16 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -

you can tell that its a great show by the fact that very few women watch it,when something is liked by a big percentage of the female population then something is wrong with it.women should stay to the walking dead or game of thrones

Hate_Squad
dafuqisthis.exe
#17 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

breaking bad is garbage.

#18 Posted by bort_hurs (202 posts) -

Hate_Squad
Interesting theory.
#19 Posted by FinalFighters (1988 posts) -

Hate_Squad

...where are you getting your Statistics from?

#20 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Yeah, the show's great. And Bill Burr is in it. Very minor role, but still awesome that he's in it.

#21 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

A great show.

iskeethunters

You watched 4 season in 2 days? Hmm...

where did i say that?

#22 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

WIsh it would start back up already. I'm going through Breaking Bad withdrawal.

#23 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28342 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]It's a good show, but it's still overrated.Mkavanaugh77

not overrated with this acting 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWfK5JyD2bA

I knew what that scene was before even clicking on it. Best scene of the show, and some of the best acting in television.
#24 Posted by CursedChamp (485 posts) -
Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows, I can never get enough of it.
#25 Posted by unrealtron (3148 posts) -
It is awesome. One of my favorites.
#26 Posted by KiIIyou (27157 posts) -
Was the next season the last one?
#27 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]It's a good show, but it's still overrated.sammyjenkis898

I knew what that scene was before even clicking on it. Best scene of the show, and some of the best acting in television.

Psh, the dead freight alternate ending is easily the best scene in the show. No idea why they didn't use that in the episode.

#28 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -

A great show.

konvikt_17
send me a PM and I can give you a link for season 5
#29 Posted by DharmaMember77 (2377 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hate_Squad"]

bort_hurs

Interesting theory.

Yea and he's also wrong since alot of women do watch Breaking Bad

#30 Posted by GamerForca (7107 posts) -

Hate_Squad

Women like A Game of Thrones?

#31 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I heard how popular it was and the critical acclaim it had received, so last year I went on Netflix and started watching it. One of my favourite shows and truly one of the best in history, it's so good. Can't wait to see how it ends later this year.

#32 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Hate_Squad

Idiot much? Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are awesome too

#33 Posted by AFBrat77 (24322 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]It's a good show, but it's still overrated.sammyjenkis898

As great as that scene is, i think this one is better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFVmQeVduC4

its about 1 or 2 episodes before "Crawlspace"

EVERYTHING works in this scene

#34 Posted by JohnF111 (14125 posts) -
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]It is a really great show. Very suspenseful and entertaining, as well as, amazing actors/acting. I feel like the show has been rushed too much though. 5 seasons is too short for this show. (imo this show could carry on much longer) The show is amazing, but making us fans wait months to see the final episodes is very annoying imo. Id rather them show the whole last season at once than splitting the season in half and making us wait. Im sad to see the show come to a end soon, but have enjoyed every minute of the show.

Shows like that drag on, we have 5 seasons of epicness, that's far better than 13 seasons of drawn out and filler episodes.
#35 Posted by Razor-Lazor (12762 posts) -
It's a good show, but it's still overrated.ShadowsDemon
Not everything that gets universal praise has to be overrated. Sometimes it actually is that good, and Breaking Bad is that good.
#36 Posted by lamprey263 (26095 posts) -
On 4x8 now? Keeep watching, season 4 was my favorite.
#37 Posted by JustPlainLucas (75133 posts) -
Breaking Bad's an amazing show. Anxiously awaiting Season 5 on DVD.
#38 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6878 posts) -
Yea bitch! Can't wait for the remainder of season 5.
#39 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9540 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]It's a good show, but it's still overrated.Mkavanaugh77

Mr Cryaston does a great job, but it's the show that's overrated.
#40 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14660 posts) -
Was the next season the last one?KiIIyou
Technically, they split this season in half; the first half aired last summer and the final 8 episodes primere this summer.
#41 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

Just finished season 4.

"Oh shit" was my response.

#42 Posted by heeweesRus (5492 posts) -

Greatest show of all time, deserving of being the highest rated ever

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/breaking-bad/season-5

#43 Posted by soulless4now (41382 posts) -

Haven't seen it. 

#44 Posted by Razor-Lazor (12762 posts) -
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]It's a good show, but it's still overrated.ShadowsDemon

But why do you believe the show is overrated? You have yet to elaborate.
#45 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

Haven't seen it. 

soulless4now

you should check it out.

#46 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]It's a good show, but it's still overrated.ShadowsDemon

Overrated is what you'd call Mad Men, which undeservedly won the Golden Globe for Best TV Drama 3 years in a row. Breaking Bad deserved them.

#47 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9540 posts) -
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

Razor-Lazor

But why do you believe the show is overrated? You have yet to elaborate.

There's a lot of filler and pointless banters between characters like Marie and Hank to start with...and they constantly draw out episodes that don't need to be in the series. The music is irritating and doesn't fit the scene...and it seems that they're dragging it out. Ending it at Season 4 would have been perfect imo.
#48 Posted by Hate_Squad (1357 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hate_Squad"]

Venom_Raptor

Idiot much? Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are awesome too

doesnt matter,they are watched by too many women,its enough reason not to watch them

#49 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

Venom_Raptor

Overrated is what you'd call Mad Men, which undeservedly won the Golden Globe for Best TV Drama 3 years in a row. Breaking Bad deserved them.

I prefaer Mad Men, but Breaking Bad is my second favorite drama. Really either getting those awards would've made me happy.

#50 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -
I use people who claim to not enjoy Breaking Bad, along with people who wear Beats by Dre headphones, as the fastest and most effective means of identifying someone I have no desire to be friends with.