• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by whipassmt (13857 posts) -

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

I thought Apple was the name of a gender neutral fruit.

Don't i feel the fuking dickhead.

Ilovegames1992

why, did you hear or read of someone named Apple?

Gwyneth Paltrow named her kid Apple.

what the hell? I wonder what she'll name her next kid, Orange? Lemon? How about Watermelon?

Maybe the kid is the apple of her eye.

#52 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14185 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="whipassmt"] why, did you hear or read of someone named Apple?

whipassmt

Gwyneth Paltrow named her kid Apple.

What a kunt rocket.

what the hell? I wonder what she'll name her next kid, Orange? Lemon? How about Watermelon?

Maybe the kid is the apple of her eye.

Think she named it Moses. Could be wrong though.

#53 Posted by CreatureRising (1530 posts) -

I've only known one guy named Shannon. Chill dude. But it's definitely a feminine name.

#54 Posted by Deadpool-n (467 posts) -

I've met a few guys named Shannon. One is a friend, but he hates his name. Feels he has been cursed haha

#55 Posted by indzman (16536 posts) -

BTW is shannon a girls common name usually in western countries? i hear a lot about sharon's over shannon's :P

#56 Posted by gamerguru100 (10407 posts) -

LOL@ the 4 people who picked guy's name

Dafuq?

#57 Posted by Moobopper (56 posts) -

Dafuq?

gamerguru100
We are just choosing to not backstab our bros and monopolize names towards our gender.
#58 Posted by invisibletearsx (997 posts) -

Both. ><

#59 Posted by SoNin360 (5222 posts) -
I know one guy whose name is Shannon. He goes by his last name though, so I think that's saying something.
#60 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (783 posts) -
Ive met 1 guy named Shannon. Anyway, I say it's a girls name. Mainly because I know quite a few girls with the name, and my fiances name is Shannon, lol.
#61 Posted by TheSacredFlame (324 posts) -

Shannon is a girl's name.

#62 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31985 posts) -

I think it goes both ways, like Kim, Alex, and so forth.

Though tbh I havent met anyone named Shannon, just think that historically there were a lot of men named Shannon.

#63 Posted by chrisrooR (9026 posts) -
I thought Shannon was used exclusively for females :|
#64 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -
Shannon ("wise river") is an Irish unisex name, Anglicised from Sionainn. Alternative spellings include Shannen, Shanon, Shannan, Seanan, and Siannon. The variant Shanna is an Anglicisation of Sionna ("possessor of wisdom").linked page
Source
#65 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

Girls name for me, I've never know a male named Shannonmichael_1234576

+1

#66 Posted by lloveLamp (2890 posts) -
when i found out that guys could be called hilary and kelly i stopped believing in anything
#67 Posted by JohnF111 (14014 posts) -
I know a guy called Sharon and have done for a few years now so I don't think of it as a girls name. However Shannon is a girls name to me, never heard of a guy called Shannon but I do however know that it's a unisex name like Francis, just very rarely do I hear of a guy sporting it.
#68 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14185 posts) -

I know a guy called Sharon and have done for a few years now so I don't think of it as a girls name. However Shannon is a girls name to me, never heard of a guy called Shannon but I do however know that it's a unisex name like Francis, just very rarely do I hear of a guy sporting it.JohnF111

Think its a different spelling though.

I know a girl named Frances but not Francis.

#69 Posted by JohnF111 (14014 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]I know a guy called Sharon and have done for a few years now so I don't think of it as a girls name. However Shannon is a girls name to me, never heard of a guy called Shannon but I do however know that it's a unisex name like Francis, just very rarely do I hear of a guy sporting it.Ilovegames1992

Yeah it must be like Billy and Billie, sound is the same just different spelling.
#70 Posted by soulless4now (41351 posts) -

Sounds better as a girl's name.

#71 Posted by whipassmt (13857 posts) -

Dafuq?

gamerguru100

As of now, it is 8 people who picked guy's name.

#72 Posted by whipassmt (13857 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]I know a guy called Sharon and have done for a few years now so I don't think of it as a girls name. However Shannon is a girls name to me, never heard of a guy called Shannon but I do however know that it's a unisex name like Francis, just very rarely do I hear of a guy sporting it.JohnF111

Yeah it must be like Billy and Billie, sound is the same just different spelling.

Are they pronounced the same? I think the female name, Frances, may be pronounced with a "z" sound (i.e. "Francez") while the male name, Francis, is pronounced with "s"/soft-c sound. I don't know for sure though.

#73 Posted by harashawn (27599 posts) -
I've never heard of a man with that name.
#74 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

I've never heard of a man with that name.harashawn

Read through this thread and you will see several men, and famous at that, with the given name of Shannon.

#75 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

Chick name.......

#76 Posted by Boddicker (2291 posts) -

It definitely has the connotation of being a girl's name. I've found that guys with feminine names have it as a family legacy (their father/grandfather had the name) and in the "old country" it was a man's name.

I've known men named Stacy, Kelly, Carol, etc. I also knew a girl named Michael.

#77 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

It definitely has the connotation of being a girl's name. I've found that guys with feminine names have it as a family legacy (their father/grandfather had the name) and in the "old country" it was a man's name.

I've known men named Stacy, Kelly, Carol, etc. I also knew a girl named Michael.

Boddicker

Heard "Courntey" on a dude.....................

#78 Posted by Boddicker (2291 posts) -

[QUOTE="Boddicker"]

Chow_Mein_Kampf

I have too. It has to be hard growing up with a feminine name. I wonder what some parents are thinking when they name their sons.

#79 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chow_Mein_Kampf"]

[QUOTE="Boddicker"]

Boddicker

I have too. It has to be hard growing up with a feminine name. I wonder what some parents are thinking when they name their sons.

Traidition is the only "logical" reason I can think of................

#80 Posted by Boddicker (2291 posts) -

[QUOTE="Boddicker"]

[QUOTE="Chow_Mein_Kampf"]

Chow_Mein_Kampf

Traidition is the only "logical" reason I can think of................

On a related note my father has a feminine name. Merel, like Meryl Streep. It was his grandfather's name. Thank god I didn't inherit it lol.

#81 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

Meryl's not' so bad, but yeah, you did get lucky there..........

#82 Posted by The__Kraken (851 posts) -

'Tis a girl name these days.

Of course, idiotic parents have a tendency to give girls guy names, and over time, the formerly manly name becomes a girl name. Such a process does not work the other way 'round, to my knowledge, and eventually, all names since ever will be girl names...