So OT, what type of Jewelry do you wear?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@mjorh: @alim298: Maybe I'm too old-fashioned but to me married always meant "non-available" or "off-limits"...now it apparently means "great, I can leave halfway through the night and don't even have to call you afterwards! My place or hotel?"

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#54 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

None.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#55 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@sukraj: not even your chaos emeralds?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#56 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Just my white gold wedding ring.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@alim298 said:
@BattleSpectre said:
@korvus said:
@airshocker said:

At work nothing except my watch. At home, my watch and wedding band.

Strangely enough I am now picturing you at work wearing nothing but your watch while trying to convince all the ladies that you're single.

Glad I'm not the only one.

That's like the entire purpose of wedding rings to me.

My wedding ring is precious to me. I don't want to lose it in a scuffle, or have it get damaged. Or have my finger get taken off because the ring got caught in something. So it stays at home. I don't need a wedding band to signify that I'm married.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

A watch (Bulova Precisionist) and my wedding ring.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 bforrester420

@korvus said:
@alim298 said:

Somehow my wedding ring turned out to be a women magnet. They start flirting, I say "I'm flattered but I'm married" and they reply "I don't mind!" and start flirting even more...maybe I should start saying HAPPILY married...

I've had the opposite experience. The "fun stopper" has definitely kept me out of trouble

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Nothing

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

I don't normally wear any jewelry, but i got this awesome watch from my wife this year. Its a Bulova Precisionist watch, which because of the price range, i have to say is jewelry. Although i picked the gun metal because it does not stand out, and say come and mug me. They had chrome, gold and other flashy ones, but i picked gun metal, because its less noticeable. Unfortunately to my surprise it was the most expensive one ? Why a less flashy would cost more ? You got me, but that is the only jewelry i wear.

Andy @korvus, yes a wedding ring counts in my opinion. Which by the way means your OWNED by your partner, lol .. I laugh, but i wear mines too, lol .. We are both OWNED !

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@LexLas: Owned and lovin'it! =P Also, sweet looking watch!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

@LexLas said:

I don't normally wear any jewelry, but i got this awesome watch from my wife this year. Its a Bulova Precisionist watch, which because of the price range, i have to say is jewelry. Although i picked the gun metal because it does not stand out, and say come and mug me. They had chrome, gold and other flashy ones, but i picked gun metal, because its less noticeable. Unfortunately to my surprise it was the most expensive one ? Why a less flashy would cost more ? You got me, but that is the only jewelry i wear.

Andy @korvus, yes a wedding ring counts in my opinion. Which by the way means your OWNED by your partner, lol .. I laugh, but i wear mines too, lol .. We are both OWNED !

Hot damn, that's a nice Watch. Good thing I ain't marry so I don't have to wear the wedding ring.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@airshocker said:
@alim298 said:

My wedding ring is precious to me. I don't want to lose it in a scuffle, or have it get damaged. Or have my finger get taken off because the ring got caught in something. So it stays at home. I don't need a wedding band to signify that I'm married.

Of course man, look.... I was only taking the piss (joking around). I'd hope you weren't one of those guys who never wears a wedding ring at work so he can flirt around with the other girls, glad you're not.

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

I don't wear any jewelry.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:
@airshocker said:
@alim298 said:

Of course man, look.... I was only taking the piss (joking around). I'd hope you weren't one of those guys who never wears a wedding ring at work so he can flirt around with the other girls, glad you're not.

I know that. :P

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

Earrings every now and then. Used to have eyebrow ring but had to take it out when I entered the professional world.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@bforrester420 said:
@korvus said:

Somehow my wedding ring turned out to be a women magnet. They start flirting, I say "I'm flattered but I'm married" and they reply "I don't mind!" and start flirting even more...maybe I should start saying HAPPILY married...

I've had the opposite experience. The "fun stopper" has definitely kept me out of trouble

Mine is the same as Korvus'. I never got that much attention from women when I was single.

I'm usually the one who had to work hard to get their attention. After I got married and wore my wedding band, more women started paying attention to me. I'm like, "Where the hell were all of you when I was single?"

It was the same when my eldest daughter was just a toddler. At a steak restaurant while my wife was in the bathroom and we were waiting at the lobby, a bunch of hotties were fawning around my daughter and I, telling me how pretty she was. That didn't sit well with the wife when she came out. ;-)

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Just a watch the Mrs got me for my 30th. This one:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@jun_aka_pekto: Yep, girls like babies. It was the same when I'd take my baby niece out...it's like there were women in every alley just waiting for a guy with a baby to pass by =P

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Non. Maybe a watch sometimes but I tend to find those tacky and unless you've got a perfect fit it's not even worth it.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By bforrester420

One of these days I'm going to get myself a nice Swiss piece.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#73 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

None. I tried to where a watch for a short time once, but I quickly just stopped bothering.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LexLas

@bforrester420 said:

One of these days I'm going to get myself a nice Swiss piece.

Good choice ! I have yet to find out how long this brand lasts. Hopefully for life. The last Invicta i had lasted 3 years, and if fell apart.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LexLas

@bulby_g said:

Thats pretty cool, is that the time showing in other parts of the US or something ?

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

@LexLas said:
@bulby_g said:

Thats pretty cool, is that the time showing in other parts of the US or something ?

For wherever you want really. I'm in the UK so I set it when I'm abroad and can keep track of time at home too then. Handy when working away.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#77 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I have both my ears pierced and stretched as well as a nose ring I wear daily. I used to wear a necklace with a pendant but I wore it for so long the chain just sorta died. If tattoos count I have plenty of "under the skin jewelry". :p

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By bforrester420

@LexLas I've had my Precisionist for two years and have not had any issues. It's easily the most sturdy watch I've ever owned. I should probably replace the battery soon though...

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LexLas

@bforrester420 said:

@LexLas I've had my Precisionist for two years and have not had any issues. It's easily the most sturdy watch I've ever owned. I should probably replace the battery soon though...

Good to know, my wife gave me mines just in April, so your the first i know that has a Precisionist. Its funny, my Precisionist is so solid, i hit a wall corner, and a chunk of the wall came apart, lol ... My watch is fine ! I even took a picture of the wall afterwards to reminisce.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 bforrester420

@LexLas said:
@bforrester420 said:

Good to know, my wife gave me mines just in April, so your the first i know that has a Precisionist. Its funny, my Precisionist is so solid, i hit a wall corner, and a chunk of the wall came apart, lol ... My watch is fine ! I even took a picture of the wall afterwards to reminisce.

I'm constantly scraping things like door jams with mine as well.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I used to wear a couple of nice watches but having a smart phone on me all the time I rarely ware them anymore more. Don't remember the exact model (gift from wife) but it's something like this:

I also have a gold bracelet I wear, though again it was a gift from my wife. Honestly I'd rather have the money but don't want to hurt her feelings.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LexLas

@Renevent42 said:

I used to wear a couple of nice watches but having a smart phone on me all the time I rarely ware them anymore more. Don't remember the exact model (gift from wife) but it's something like this:

I also have a gold bracelet I wear, though again it was a gift from my wife. Honestly I'd rather have the money but don't want to hurt her feelings.

Thats a nice one there. Even with a smart phone, you still need jewelry. Thats why this became a topic in this thread. A watch is jewelry, and they make a statement, even if you have the greatest smart phone.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I don't really wear jewelry, but I do buy my girlfriend jewelry once in a while. For example etsy has some really cool stuff on that front. https://img1.etsystatic.com/028/1/6401969/il_570xN.600379447_atap.jpg