So Bernie officially endorsed Clinton

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Serraph105  Online
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I think some people were under the impression that Bernie would hold strong and not do this, but I would make the argument that good politicians compromise with each other. Hillary has adopted many of Bernie's plans, and because of this he gave her his endorsement and support. In my view this is a sign that both Bernie and Hillary are good public servants. What's your view on this OT community?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/bernie-sanders-finally-endorse-hillary-clinton-n607591

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

Hillary will say anything to get elected dont think that any of Bernie polices would be taken in should Hillary win.

brn-dn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 brn-dn
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

What a sellout. His fans that liked him for being anti-corruption should vote against Hillary not for.

If you ever want someone like Bernie to be president, vote Trump. Not that Trump is much like Bernie but future elections will allow for a Bernie-like person to succeed if Trump makes it possible first. With a vote for Hillary you will never get the change you want and corruption will live on.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

@brn-dn said:

What a sellout. His fans that liked him for being anti-corruption should vote against Hillary not for.

If you ever want someone like Bernie to be president, vote Trump. Not that Trump is much like Bernie but future elections will allow for a Bernie-like person to succeed if Trump makes it possible first. With a vote for Hillary you will never get the change you want and corruption will live on.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

It was a disappointment. I can see a lot of his supporters crying of anger. I'll have to go to work and see since most of them were on his side.

brn-dn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brn-dn

@Pedro said:
@brn-dn said:

Yes it does. Trump was an independent candidate and wasn't controlled by a PAC just like Bernie. If you want more people like that then a vote for Trump is necessary to show that it's possible. Voting for Hillary shows that you want corruption in politics to continue and the next election will be won by a PAC-supported candidate.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Wonder what they had on him

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dave123321

@brn-dn: why would we want a weak willed sellout that won't stick around for the full game

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@brn-dn said:

Yes it does. Trump was an independent candidate and wasn't controlled by a PAC just like Bernie. If you want more people like that then a vote for Trump is necessary to show that it's possible. Voting for Hillary shows that you want corruption in politics to continue and the next election will be won by a PAC-supported candidate.

Voting for Trump is not going to facilitate such. Your logic is rather stretching.

brn-dn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brn-dn

@Pedro said:
@brn-dn said:

Voting for Trump is not going to facilitate such. Your logic is rather stretching.

Look at it a different way then. A Trump presidency will unite people against him and someone like Bernie or maybe still Bernie could win the next time after seeing what happens when everyone that wants Bernie to win actually votes.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

lol what a sellout, the democrats are fucked this election.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I supported Bernie because he was the liberal candidate and I agreed with his views. Not because he was independent or didn't have super pacs. Now my choice is between the right of center Hillary or the not even applicable to any spectrum or philosophy or ideology candidate Trump. Unfortunately I have to pick the right of center Hillary. I hope Sanders is able to influence her some.

brn-dn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brn-dn

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/752910855939952640

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I think that it's a good thing for him to do this. He had a great run and has probably done more then even he had to have expected so now it's time focus on the task at hand and get to supporting Hillary and the Democratic Party as a whole.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N64DD

@brn-dn said:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/752910855939952640

lol ouch.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@brn-dn said:
@Pedro said:
@brn-dn said:

You're willing to deal with Trump for 4 years, with the glimmer of hope another Bernie will come along? The logic...

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dave123321

Do you think Bernie was ever actually trying to win?

Maybe he's always been in Clinton's pocket

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

What a guy, i really wanted him for president. Clinton, i just can't seem to say yes. Something just don't compute ?

brn-dn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 brn-dn

@sonic_spark said:
@brn-dn said:
@Pedro said:
@brn-dn said:

You're willing to deal with Trump for 4 years, with the glimmer of hope another Bernie will come along? The logic...

I'm a Trump supporter...

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Good stuff.

I admire Bernie's stances and hopefully they will impact Hillary's, good move for the Democratic party and this will swing some Bernie supporters to her side, despite what people say here.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 N64DD

Bernie Sanders endorsing Crooked Hillary Clinton is like Occupy Wall Street endorsing Goldman Sachs.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Serraph105  Online
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@n64dd: way to have an original opinion.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

@n64dd: You are the most warped, right wing loser I have seen on GS. Dude go outside and meet real people. I guarantee you are barely over the age to post here, and I not old enough to vote.

That being said, I actually agree with your post. Hiliary won;t change, and Bernie is only doing this so Trump won't win.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@Pedro said:
@brn-dn said:

it's really really weird logic, but it makes sense if you're the liberal emotional (Sanders) type, and the hateful emotional candidate (Trump) becomes your only option. If you use your brain, Hillary is obviously the only good choice, but if you vote by your emotions, it's either Sanders or Trump (and now it is only Trump).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@brn-dn said:

Look at it a different way then. A Trump presidency will unite people against him and someone like Bernie or maybe still Bernie could win the next time after seeing what happens when everyone that wants Bernie to win actually votes.

I don't see the wisdom in making a bad choice in hope that a better choice would come along in the future.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Pedro said:
@brn-dn said:

it's really really weird logic, but it makes sense if you're the liberal emotional (Sanders) type, and the hateful emotional candidate (Trump) becomes your only option. If you use your brain, Hillary is obviously the only good choice, but if you vote by your emotions, it's either Sanders or Trump (and now it is only Trump).

I wouldn't consider Hillary a "good choice." Maybe better than Trump, but not good by any means.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@brn-dn said:
@sonic_spark said:
@brn-dn said:
@Pedro said:
@brn-dn said:

I'm a Trump supporter...

My condolences

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@Pedro said:
@brn-dn said:

I don't see the wisdom in making a bad choice in hope that a better choice would come along in the future.

Let me put it this way, if the people want Trump in the house that badly, then let him have it. This Election is a bust and both Trump and Clinton aren't my favorite candidates from the start. I too wanted Bernie in the office until he bailed out.

Seriously let Trump have the big house, the U.S can end it's misery for all I care.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#30  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@n64dd said:

So, Clinton finally gets Bernie's endorsement, which will likely help her a bit around the margins, and your conclusion is that the Democrats are fucked? Weird analysis to say the least.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GreySeal9

@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:
@brn-dn said:

Let me put it this way, if the people want Trump in the house that badly, then let him have it. This Election is a bust and both Trump and Clinton aren't my favorite candidates from the start. I too wanted Bernie in the office until he bailed out.

Seriously let Trump have the big house, the U.S can end it's misery for all I care.

So you're okay if the US suffers because your favorite candidate lost? Very mature.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@GreySeal9: Not my fault he have up and from the things are going, the U.S doesn't even know What it wants for a President.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

AlexKidd r u ok

pls post if u r ok

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GreySeal9

@davillain- said:

@GreySeal9: Not my fault he have up and from the things are going, the U.S doesn't even know What it wants for a President.

Not sure what you're saying in the bold.

Even if the US doesn't know what it wants for a President, how is that a good reason for the US to be "put out of its misery"? If that happened, people would suffer.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GreySeal9

@Aljosa23 said:

AlexKidd r u ok

pls post if u r ok

lol

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 N64DD

@GreySeal9 said:
@n64dd said:

So, Clinton finally gets Bernie's endorsement, which will likely help her a bit around the margins, and your conclusion is that the Democrats are fucked? Weird analysis to say the least.

Oh no, it will benefit clinton in some ways. It's just funny Bernie supporting Hillary. I'm saying the moral compass of what I respected of what was left of the democratic party has vaporized. Bernie actually appeared to be a legit person who actually cared about somebody, then he endorsed Hillary and went against everything he believes in.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GreySeal9

@n64dd said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@n64dd said:

Oh no, it will benefit clinton in some ways. It's just funny Bernie supporting Hillary. I'm saying the moral compass of what I respected of what was left of the democratic party has vaporized. Bernie actually appeared to be a legit person who actually cared about somebody, then he endorsed Hillary and went against everything he believes in.

He might have endorsed her because Trump is so awful. If the Republicans had a normal candidate, he might have not endorsed her.

Also, the Republicans are about to nominate candidate who doesn't even believe in conservative principles and has changed his positions multiple times on almost every issue, so they must he double fucked.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#38 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

So much for being principled.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@Pedro said:
@brn-dn said:

I think he's saying Trump will burn it all to the ground.

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

I think some people were under the impression that Bernie would hold strong and not do this, but I would make the argument that good politicians compromise with each other. Hillary has adopted many of Bernie's plans, and because of this he gave her his endorsement and support. In my view this is a sign that both Bernie and Hillary are good public servants. What's your view on this OT community?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/bernie-sanders-finally-endorse-hillary-clinton-n607591

I agree with your assessment, for the most part. I actually watched Bernie's speech in its entirety, and he made it very clear that the two campaigns had been working together and had established a good middle-ground - this obviously involves Clinton officially adopting numerous of Sanders' policy positions.

So, what we are left with - and I think this is important - is not only a unified message that can tackle Trump, but also we're left with a party platform that has been heavily influenced by Sanders and is actually going to satisfy the largest number of Democratic voters (whether they know it or not).

It's hard to argue against that. All I see now is a lot of personal attacks and misinformation flying around about both Clinton and Sanders as individual people. This is unhelpful at best.

One thing I really can't understand, though, is a Bernie supporter who will now not vote at all because they have a "Bernie or bust" mentality. That makes zero sense to me, especially if you are about evidence-based policy rather than individual personalities (I suspect few people really subscribe to this, despite what they say).

At this point, every sane person should be pushing hard for a Democratic win, because the alternative is Trump. So it's not even about "who is the best candidate" now, it's quite literally about keeping an insane despot from the White House.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#42 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/dem-primaries/287472-sanders-delegates-to-hold-fart-in-protest-at-convention

There it is, ladies and gentleman. See how far the termites have spread, and how well they have dined.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

Further proof why Trump is best candidate.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 N64DD

@GreySeal9 said:
@n64dd said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@n64dd said:

He might have endorsed her because Trump is so awful. If the Republicans had a normal candidate, he might have not endorsed her.

Also, the Republicans are about to nominate candidate who doesn't even believe in conservative principles and has changed his positions multiple times on almost every issue, so they must he double fucked.

Hillary was the embodiment of what he was against. Spin it all you want, he sold out.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

I watched part of her speech (before I became physically nauseous) . The whole "free college, we're united now" rhetoric was hilarious.

#Trump2016

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Hillary has definitely fooled the American people. They shall suffer the consequences.

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Forgive my ignorance (not in the US and dont understand how the system works there), but does it really matter if he has or even if he had not endorsed her? Does it make much difference politically speaking???

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AFBrat77

@Gaming-Planet:

....and what pray tell are these consequences? attention to climate change issues, better healthcare, increase in the minimum wage, better standing with the rest of the world and international relations, more progression in the Supreme Court, lowering education costs, a movement towards equality for all Americans, a steadier hand at the helm, and the ability to reach across the aisle and get things done? Because that's what she's gonna be and do.

How about Trump? He has been even more a liar, racist, and he will let others run his administration because he doesn't know much about issues, so he isn't much of a leader. Our standing in the world will degrade. All this attention on Hillary, but why won't he release his tax information? The guy has actually said that Hillary would make a great president. What can we believe from this con artist with no details on the issues?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AFBrat77

@drspoon:

Yes, he has a sway over many Americans, particularly millenials, and could push their vote in a direction. He does not want Trump do be president, and he realizes a vote for Johnson is a vote that will benefit Trump. Sanders recognizes Hillary is the best choice, however imperfect.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

Why wouldn't he? He negotiated with Clinton's camp to incorporate many of his ideas into the party platform, and he pushed her proposals on the stump significantly closer to his during the campaign. The alternative is Trump who only vaguely approaches his platform on trade policy.