Small Claims court shows (now shortened with no girl advice!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
Like, today I was at home and had the TV on some random channel. And what was on? One of those court shows, like Judge Judy or Judge Mathis. This was a different show though. I forget the name of the judge, but she was a youngish, attractive black woman. Maybe that'll help you know what show I'm talking about.

Anyway, I just happened to catch a clip of it, and it was pathetic. Which was actually sort of cool. See, it was sort of like The Jerry Springer show. They get the most trashy people they can, and put them on display for everyone to laugh at.

For example, there was this one episode where there was this custody dispute. See, this one dude tried to get it on with a married woman. And the married woman would have none of that. But then she found out that the dude had a girlfriend, and then she had sex with him. Why? Beats the hell out of me. Anyway, OF COURSE they didn't use condoms. The woman then gets pregnant. She tells her husband and tells her husband that the baby isn't his, and he dumps her ass. Meanwhile, the jobless piece of **** that she was having sex with just split as soon as he found out that she was pregnant.

Anyway, after having the baby, the woman was like "I need me a man". So she goes tracking down the "boyfriend" and finds him outside of a nudie bar. She confronts him, and guess what...he still doesn't get a job or start making child support payments. He just starts ****ing the woman again and they get another baby. Turns out though that the first baby WASN'T his, it was the husband's.

But my point being, I was sitting there watching this show with my mouth agape thinking "holy jesus! How is it even POSSIBLE for people to be this trashy?"

And that's why the show was kind of cool. See, I hardly have my act together. Far from it in fact. But when I watched that show, suddenly I felt a LOT better about myself. Like "damn, I may not be that awesome, but I could easily be a WHOLE lot worse. I'm happy I'm not THAT guy."

But on the other hand, I don't think I'll ever watch one of these shows ever again. Because I have sort of a problem with that kind of "entertainment". For one, those shows don't do anything to STOP people from being trashy like that. If they actually kept people from being trashy, I can see how there'd be a point to them. But they don't. All they do is hold up stupid people on display and say "here! Laugh at this jerk!"

Which I have a problem with. Firstly it's just mindless trash. It's the equivalent of picking on the ugly guy/girl in middle/high school.

Secondly, I suspect that this sort of stuff actually LOWERS people's standards. As in, you'd have to be pretty ****ing trashy to be one of the people on those shows. So I need to get my act together. And I'm sitting around feeling like a bum while trying to think of what I need to do to get my life together. And I'm on the right track. I've got the shame, and I don't want shame, so I try to think of how to make my life less shameful. Then I hang out with ghetto people, or watch ghetto people all the time on TV. And if I were to do that, then suddenly I'M the responsible guy. Suddenly I'll say "well, I'm better than all of my peers, and better than the "normal" guys I've seen on TV. I'm not that bad off, things are actually going pretty well." Which is total BS, because that kind of attitude is actually OPPOSITE to personal improvement.

The Jerry Springer show was the same way. Damned if it wasn't the worst trash ever, and I'll be damned if I didn't feel ashamed to watch it. But I've got to admit, there's just something stupidly compelling about watching ghetto idiots doing stupid ghetto crap.

Does anyone else ever watch these kinds of shows?

TheOT_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheOT_King
Member since 2005 • 6359 Posts
I tried, I really did.  But, I just couldn't find the will to read ALL of that...
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts
Too much info.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
I'd read all of that, but I'm really not interested.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
I read it, very interesting... well not really, I don't like watching those shows.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
I'd read all of that, but I'm really not interested.-Karayan-

Would it help if I separated the two topics?

That would make each topic only half as long. But keep in mind, it would also mean creating a thread about girl advice.
caje47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 caje47
Member since 2005 • 2298 Posts
That's Judge Mabeline (sp) a divorce court show, not a small claims. It's trashy as hell. Watch the other ones.
proctorsurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 proctorsurf
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts
Im actually filing a claim like that tommorow...... maybe ill be on judge judy
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
I wouldnt want them to stop. Hot girls hugging you is great.  only stop if ther ugly
illshogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 illshogun
Member since 2003 • 3492 Posts

i tried the forth paragraph

could of been interesting

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
Note: This is going to sound like a question meant to probe and identify certain criteria needed for giving you advice, but it's not. I'm just curious. What's your job?
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
Hm, for the question... um.... your the new guy so just suck it up. I know passive aggressiveness is bad, but we're not talking about bullies here. Or could just politely ask them to stop, but use damage control. I mean we're talking about adults here right? It's not like they're going to go complain to the boss and get you fired.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
[QUOTE="-Karayan-"]I'd read all of that, but I'm really not interested.MrGeezer

Would it help if I separated the two topics?

That would make each topic only half as long. But keep in mind, it would also mean creating a thread about girl advice.

Probably, the lower the wall, the more people would read it.
kolobus11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 kolobus11
Member since 2005 • 12981 Posts
Brain overload. Could not process.
nightshade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nightshade85
Member since 2004 • 5652 Posts
lol divorce court - I love that show sometimes
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
I can't stand any of those shows. Seriously, they evoke a gag reflex.
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
wall of text