SlenderMan compelled young girl to stab mother.

#1 Posted by loco145 (10778 posts) -

An Ohio woman, who was recently attacked by 13-year-old daughter with a knife, said her daughter was inspired by internet horror meme Slenderman.

“I came home one night from work and she was in the kitchen waiting for me and she was wearing a mask — a white mask,” the woman said. “She had her hood up and had her hands covered with her sleeves and the mask.”

“She was someone else during that attack,” the mother added.

The woman returned home one evening when her daughter attacked her in the kitchen, stabbing her multiple times. She sustained minor injuries in the attack, including cuts on her neck and face and a puncture wound on her back.

She explained that her daughter has mental issues and that her writings were dark, frequently mentioning demons, being insane, and “falling into darkness.”

Following the attack, she discovered evidence of her daughter’s obsession with Slenderman.

“We found things that she had written and she made reference to Slenderman. She also made references to killing,” the mother said. “She even created a world for Slenderman in the game Minecraft.”

The mother of the girl feels that her daughter came across Slenderman on the internet, and warns that parents need to be aware of what their children are doing when online.

Source.

Is time to ban SlenderMan and Minecraft, imo.

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (30473 posts) -

1)You're about a week late

2)Slenderman game came LONG after the story behind it

3)Banning minecraft and SlenderMan would be stupid

#3 Posted by loco145 (10778 posts) -
@MonsieurX said:

2)Slenderman game came LONG after the story behind it

3)Banning minecraft and SlenderMan would be stupid

No. I'm not a week late. This is another incident. Read before responding.

#4 Posted by Korvus (3977 posts) -

Another Slenderman worshiper? The dude has been recruiting all the whackos these last few weeks...

#5 Posted by one_plum (6358 posts) -

IT'S A CULT I TELL YOU! HE'S GONNA COME AFTER ALL OF US. WE'RE ALL DOOMED.

EXCUSE ME, MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS JAMMED.

#6 Posted by whipassmt (14035 posts) -

Do these people actually think Slenderman is real, or are they doing these things knowing he is fake?

I wonder, maybe it's time for the website to kill Slenderman off (have him get shot or something, or have the Hulk whoop his butt). Maybe that would stop these people from doing these crazy things, but then again maybe it would give them even more motivation to do so.

#7 Edited by Korvus (3977 posts) -

@one_plum: It's not jammed. Slenderman is pressing it. Whatever you do, don't look!

#8 Edited by Makhaidos (1614 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Reading fail.

#9 Posted by one_plum (6358 posts) -

Hi, this is Slenderman. I am very slender.

#10 Posted by Trender_man (137 posts) -

look what you've done brother

#11 Posted by whipassmt (14035 posts) -

@one_plum said:

really. The guy in your avy doesn't look so slender to me.

#12 Edited by Storm_Marine (11148 posts) -

this is starting to get creepy

#13 Posted by Master_Live (14854 posts) -

Slenderman please take me!!!

@whipassmt said:

Do these people actually think Slenderman is real, or are they doing these things knowing he is fake?

How do you know it is not real?

#14 Posted by whipassmt (14035 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@whipassmt said:

Intuition? He just seems fake. A skinny foo' who lives in the woods and doesn't brew moonshine. Seems fake to me.

#15 Edited by osirisx3 (1820 posts) -

he is real

#16 Posted by Open-Casket (72 posts) -

Might be a little insensitive, but at least she didn't quote a metal song before doing this gruesome act.

#17 Edited by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

Per wikipedia: He is commonly described as very tall and thin with unnaturally long, tentacle-like arms (or merely tentacles),[2] which he can extend to intimidate or capture prey. He has a white, featureless head and appears to be wearing a dark suit and tie. The Slender Man is associated with the forest and has the ability to teleport.[16][17] Proximity to the Slender Man is often said to trigger a "Slender sickness"; a rapid onset of paranoia, nightmares and delusions accompanied by nosebleeds.

Seems legit. I can see why kids would be killing in the name of Slender Man. :|

#18 Posted by Storm_Marine (11148 posts) -

Heh, I think they just added a age gate to the creepypasta website.

#19 Posted by RadecSupreme (4683 posts) -

So much for little girls maturing faster than boys. They do the same stupid crap. Little crazy twats.

#20 Posted by comp_atkins (31476 posts) -

are all 12 year old girls retarded?

#21 Edited by ChristianGmr14 (155 posts) -

Stop blaming slender man, it's just a harmless urban legend like Big Foot. Blame the stupid parents for raising stupid kids and not teaching them the fundamentals of right and wrong.

#22 Posted by toast_burner (21790 posts) -

Is this really any different than people killing/attacking people because god told them to?

#23 Posted by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@whipassmt said:

Because it started as a gag on SomethingAwful for the purpose of trolling Paranormal boards?

#24 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8524 posts) -

I have never even heard of slender man now 12 year old girls every where want to kill in his name. Is the slender man story that strong it can make kids do these things?

#25 Posted by ssvegeta555 (2268 posts) -

The mom admitted her daughter has mental issues. I hope she doesn't ignore that and just solely blame her daughter's actions on slender man...

#26 Posted by airshocker (29926 posts) -

@loco145 said:

Is time to ban SlenderMan and Minecraft, imo.

Don't be an idiot.

#27 Posted by Treflis (11575 posts) -

You'd think someone would've told them the difference between fiction and reality.

#28 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

Is this really any different than people killing/attacking people because god told them to?

Your use of "god" (lower case) is correct. Whatever god told people to kill someone (if that's even legit), is purely manifested in their minds to carry out such acts. In that regard, it's similar to the slender man cases. These kids were warped into thinking a fictitious being made them commit these crimes.

#29 Edited by toast_burner (21790 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

Your use of "god" (lower case) is correct. Whatever god told people to kill someone (if that's even legit), is purely manifested in their minds to carry out such acts. In that regard, it's similar to the slender man cases. These kids were warped into thinking a fictitious being made them commit these crimes.

That's my point. These type of attacks are nothing new. It's just the character associated with them has changed.

#30 Posted by Dogswithguns (10787 posts) -

Another one of these?!

#31 Posted by foxhound_fox (88760 posts) -

I think a more appropriate title would be:

"Young girl with mental illness stabbed mother".

#32 Edited by one_plum (6358 posts) -

@whipassmt said:

@one_plum said:

I didn't want to write those things. Slenderman compelled me to. It's cool now. I think I even lost a few pounds during the process.

#33 Edited by whipassmt (14035 posts) -

@one_plum said:

@whipassmt said:

@one_plum said:

I didn't want to write those things. Slenderman compelled me to. It's cool now. I think I even lost a few pounds during the process.

Congrats on the weight loss.

#34 Posted by one_plum (6358 posts) -

@whipassmt said:

@one_plum said:

@whipassmt said:

Congrats on the weight loss.

Thank you whipassmt. And thank you Slenderman!