This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tagerh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tagerh
Member since 2009 • 996 Posts

Uh well I just had my second sleep paralysis last night, but at least it was like, horrifying like the other one. It just about 20 seconds long the other was about 40 minutes. Well, I know a lot of people have these at least twice in their lives so I wanna hear about some of your stories about when u had slep paralysis.

My first was horrifying, even though there wasn't really any hallucinations but it was my first. I sat in bed completely frozen unable to move anything, the most I can do was tremble (my fingers). I was just in my bed and I heard my parents downstairs making dinner, and I was trying my hardest scream but I couldn't and basically that was my whole thing, it went on for a long time and I just kept trying the same things over and over.

Any stories out there?

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts

First time it happened I was kinda creeped out. After getting used to them they turn into a kind of fun experience. In fact I had one last night, and I just fell back to sleep while I was in it, because I don't get scared from them anymore.

Tagerh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tagerh
Member since 2009 • 996 Posts

[QUOTE="Tagerh"]

Uh well I just had my second sleep paralysis last night, but at least it was like, horrifying like the other one. It just about 20 seconds long the other was about 40 minutes. Well, I know a lot of people have these at least twice in their lives so I wanna hear about some of your stories about when u had slep paralysis.

My first was horrifying, even though there wasn't really any hallucinations but it was my first. I sat in bed completely frozen unable to move anything, the most I can do was tremble (my fingers). I was just in my bed and I heard my parents downstairs making dinner, and I was trying my hardest scream but I couldn't and basically that was my whole thing, it went on for a long time and I just kept trying the same things over and over.

Any stories out there?

brandontwb

First time it happened I was kinda creeped out. After I getting used to them they are kind of fun to experience. In fact I had one last night, but I was relaxed and fell back to sleep while in it because I felt too tired.

:O that sso win, i got less scared this time around too, hopesully id otn get another one though

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts

Wow for a second I was thinking... "what's sleep paralysis?" And then I remembered something very similar that happened to me about 7 months ago. It was late at night and I was trying to sleep, and then when I opened my eyes in the middle of the night, I couldn't see or feel anything!! I was rolling around and then I got up and I couldn't feel anything and I thought I was dying or something! :P I think I had stomach flu at the time as well. I guess this is sleep paralysis?

Daxo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Daxo90
Member since 2009 • 1533 Posts

One of these topics appear every 2 weeks ... I've still never had sleep paralysis... I'm jealous why wont sleep paralysis choose me for once!:cry:

mtmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mtmatt
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts
Wow for a second I was thinking... "what's sleep paralysis?" And then I remembered something very similar that happened to me about 7 months ago. It was late at night and I was trying to sleep, and then when I opened my eyes in the middle of the night, I couldn't see or feel anything!! I was rolling around and then I got up and I couldn't feel anything and I thought I was dying or something! :P I guess this is sleep paralysis?rubber-chicken
Uh no, hence the paralysis part.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts

One of these topics appear every 2 weeks ... I've still never had sleep paralysis... I'm jealous why wont sleep paralysis choose me for once!:cry:

Daxo90
Be really tired and sleep facing upwards with your head on an upward angle. That seems to induce sleep paralysis.
mtmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mtmatt
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

Daxo90
People don't describe it as horrifying for no reason.
EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EolGul2
Member since 2005 • 1721 Posts

Daxo90

It happened to me once and it scared the **** out of me. I tried to convince myself it was just a dream, but couldn't. Needless to say, I was relieved to learn it happens to a lot of people.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
I get these pretty often. One time I dreamed there was a little green roll or paper or something with arms and legs running around by my feet, and I tried to kick it for some reason but my legs couldn't move.
nuker311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nuker311
Member since 2010 • 158 Posts
I've seen bizarre stuff, like seeing people walk around in my room and the lights were on, strange hallucinations Haven't had one in about 3 years now, but I certainly remember the ones I have had.
Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Rainbow_Lion
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

Never had one but it would freak the **** out of me

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

They reckon it's to stop you experiencing your dreams physically... or in other words it stops you being violent or from walking about the house in your sleep. Sometimes though you wake up and you can't move even though you're conscious.

I must be pretty strong willed though :P because whenever I get it I am able to force my way out of it by moving my toes a lot... It's literally like being completely out of control (apart from the toes for some reason lol)... Sometimes I just can't be arsed and I just go back to sleep, and sometimes I try to get out of it. I guess the payoff is that I get it more frequently than some other people.

Edit: The worst ones are the ones where you wake up and can't move but the curtains are open; I tell you... being extremely hot and not being able to move for a while sucks.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
I don't think I've had it before, how long do the symptoms tend to last?
gun65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 gun65
Member since 2004 • 3312 Posts

I had one for the first time in my life like a month ago. I woke up and couldnt move then heard scraching on the wall above me and something like screaming above me........be honest it really freaked me out.

Avatar image for narutoisapirate
narutoisapirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 narutoisapirate
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

i dunno if this counts but i had a dream where i was picked up by the wind...and when i was going towards the ground and finally hit it i woke up and felt really weird and couldnt moce for about 3 seconds

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It's kind of an interesting phenomena. Most people experience a type of paralysis when they sleep - otherwise you'd be swinging your arms and running in your sleep every time you have a dream. However in some people, the uncoupling of the motor system stays active even when they awaken - at least temporarily. It's not a true paralysis and it's not a full paralysis. Nonetheless, it can be quite frightening.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
I think my sleep paralysis story is pretty good. It was about 6 months ago and I was having a dream where I was running from some crazy lady I know. Anyway, I got too much momentum down a flight of stairs and fell straight down to the bottom and broke my neck on a table. I woke up after this, and had sleep paralysis. It scared the **** out of me, for good reason, having just broken my neck and I still felt as if the dream was real too. Anyway, it actually felt like I was about to die too, which was weird. I think the dream was so frightening it woke me up too quickly leaving me in sleep paralysis, it lasted for about 30-60 seconds.