Sig/Avay/Banner...Rate/Req/Winter Edition!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by IcyToasters (12476 posts) -

oh THANK YOU! they look amazing thank you :)

rilpas

No problem :]

#252 Posted by metroidprime55 (17657 posts) -
Uh, you know I still kind of want the zero suit Samus sig...:|
#253 Posted by Xx_Socrates_xX (3671 posts) -
Uh, you know I still kind of want the zero suit Samus sig...:|metroidprime55
I requested an awesome face sig before you. Quit whining. :x
#254 Posted by IcyToasters (12476 posts) -

Uh, you know I still kind of want the zero suit Samus sig...:|metroidprime55

I tried to make some! I didn't think I could really find any that I could do good when I tried back around when you first mentioned it, because I'm not the great at doing much editing of a picture.

So then I made way too many versions because I didn't know if you'd prefer one text look or placement over the other.
Picture #1

Purple text
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
White text
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Text similar to your current signature
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Picture #2

With text
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

#255 Posted by metroidprime55 (17657 posts) -

IcyToasters

Thanks dude.:D

#256 Posted by IcyToasters (12476 posts) -

Thanks dude.:D

metroidprime55

No problem! :]

#257 Posted by iskeethunters (925 posts) -
IcyToasters
Never, ever put text in corners. And nice work. Never seen someone come with so many versions.
#259 Posted by IcyToasters (12476 posts) -

[QUOTE="IcyToasters"]iskeethunters
Never, ever put text in corners. And nice work. Never seen someone come with so many versions.

Why not in corners?
But thank you for any tips. I'm not too great at picture editing, but improving on it to be able to help out some people is nice :]

I figured it looks fine for a signature, 'cause it's down in the corner like a signature.
Maybe if it was brought up from the corner a bit. Though I like where it is in the one metroidprime55 went with.

I thought of doing the name someone more centered, like somewhere that Samus' eyes or gun point to, but the cropping didn't lend too well to it!

(if you want my to move it around metroid, tell me!)

#260 Posted by Xx_Socrates_xX (3671 posts) -

Awesome face sig? Please? You'll get a cookie.

#261 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"][QUOTE="IcyToasters"]IcyToasters

Why not in corners?

Focal point most likely.

#262 Posted by chrisrooR (9026 posts) -
Need a new signature, particularly one involving Game of Thrones. I need one with either the House Stark logo and the phrase "Winter is Coming" or one with Eddard Stark with his sword looking into the wind. Can my username be off to the side, in a minimalistic sort of way....in an old english sort of type font appropriate for the content. Thanks in advance GS!!! You guys are schweet :)
#263 Posted by TwoFace-BS (10395 posts) -
Need a sig,want a blue and black design to go with my avi. Any ideas will be appreciated
#264 Posted by iskeethunters (925 posts) -

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"][QUOTE="IcyToasters"]IcyToasters

Why not in corners?But thank you for any tips. I'm not too great at picture editing, but improving on it to be able to help out some people is nice :]I figured it looks fine for a signature, 'cause it's down in the corner like a signature.Maybe if it was brought up from the corner a bit. Though I like where it is in the one metroidprime55 went with.I thought of doing the name someone more centered, like somewhere that Samus' eyes or gun point to, but the cropping didn't lend too well to it!(if you want my to move it around metroid, tell me!)

I used to place it in corners too, but I got heavily criticized for it by design forums. Text should be part of the focal or near it. I've seen a lot of tutorials on this but I can't seem to find one right now. Also, try using more than just 1 text box. For example here, you can split up metroid prime into 2. Let's say a white line saying METROID, and beneath it a shiny yellow line saying PRIME that also has a bigger font size so that the width is the same. Hope you understand what I said there. And you could also put a really big 55 next to these 2 lines. Make it as tall as both the lines one over another.

#265 Posted by IcyToasters (12476 posts) -

Focal point most likely.

mitu123

I used to place it in corners too, but I got heavily criticized for it by design forums. Text should be part of the focal or near it. I've seen a lot of tutorials on this but I can't seem to find one right now. Also, try using more than just 1 text box. For example here, you can split up metroid prime into 2. Let's say a white line saying METROID, and beneath it a shiny yellow line saying PRIME that also has a bigger font size so that the width is the same. Hope you understand what I said there. And you could also put a really big 55 next to these 2 lines. Make it as tall as both the lines one over another.

iskeethunters

Ah, okay. I figured something similar to that. Especially the focal point part.

But eh :p I think it could be done right or wrong either way.

Maybe I'll mess around with some text when I get home to get an idea of how to make some. I can picture what you mean and it could look nice.
Thanks for the tips!

#267 Posted by 3eyedrazorback (16373 posts) -
May I request a pic of Lionel Messi in front of the FC Barcelona logo? Thanks in advance.
#268 Posted by Cloud_765 (111391 posts) -
So hey um... Shouldn't we have a new version of this thread by now? It's not Winter anymore...
#269 Posted by spiritwave (17968 posts) -

I had no idea there was a request thread in gs OT. I may have actually come here if I did.

Mac, I would have helped you with the header, but the image quality is not something that would fit my area of design.

#270 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -

I had no idea there was a request thread in gs OT. I may have actually come here if I did.

Mac, I would have helped you with the header, but the image quality is not something that would fit my area of design.

spiritwave
spirit are you taking requests? Woooo! I think I may want one too
#271 Posted by taterfrickintot (2851 posts) -

Just spent about 20 minutes putting together this sig earlier today :)

what do you guys think?

rate sig and avy ;)

#272 Posted by AleksandarTale (2906 posts) -

Hi guys. I have a request if anyone's intrested.

I want a sig and avy with pictures or artwork of Jaime Lannister from the book series " A Song of Ice and Fire " and the HBO adaption " Game of Thrones " .

I want it to be mostly in red or yellow. It should look something like my current sig. Character picture or artwork on the right side, and the text " A Union of Ice and Fire " on the right.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me, and thanks in advance! :D

#273 Posted by Dark_Metamorphosis (13350 posts) -

So how would you guys rate my sig? I've had it for ages and will never change. It was hand drawn specifically for me to use on these forums:D

Can you guess what the idea for it was?

edit: hand drawn AND animated

#274 Posted by Fundai (6213 posts) -

Well, first sig I ever made myself... rate and please be brutally honest.

the main problem I have with it, is that Its not sized well, is it?

I'm still happy though. :P

Bonus points if you can guess where besides tf2 I got my inpiration.

#275 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

Fundai

i like your "Spy v Spy" sig

#276 Posted by macrules_640 (90033 posts) -

Can anyone turn this render into a 450x150 sig for me:

I'd really appreciate it. :)

#277 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -
 is this okay?
#278 Posted by macrules_640 (90033 posts) -

Thanks Shadow, it looks pretty cool. :D

#279 Posted by SteverXIII (3827 posts) -

Thoughts on my avy/sig?

#280 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -
I really like both of them even though the space may seem empty, it looks very good. I don't know what to add because adding stuff might ruin it.
#281 Posted by Fundai (6213 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

CKYguy25

#282 Posted by csftar (937 posts) -

[QUOTE="CKYguy25"]

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

Fundai

and YOU get 20+ internets for your avatar :lol:

#283 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

Thanks Shadow, it looks pretty cool. :D

macrules_640
You're welcome!
#284 Posted by Fundai (6213 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fundai"][QUOTE="CKYguy25"]

csftar

and YOU get 20+ internets for your avatar :lol:

Ha, thanks :P I love it, so many people always telll me they sometimes stop posting just to watch through it.

#285 Posted by AleksandarTale (2906 posts) -

I want a sig and avy with pictures or artwork of Jaime Lannister from the book series " A Song of Ice and Fire " and the HBO adaption " Game of Thrones " .

I want it to be mostly in red or yellow. It should look something like my current sig. Character picture or artwork on the right side, and the text " A Union of Ice and Fire " on the right.

AleksandarTale

Anyone?

#286 Posted by iskeethunters (925 posts) -

[QUOTE="AleksandarTale"]

AleksandarTale

Anyone?

The hardest part in your request is finding the pictures you want. I could do something for you if you'd google and post the resources.
#287 Posted by AleksandarTale (2906 posts) -

[QUOTE="AleksandarTale"]

[QUOTE="AleksandarTale"]

iskeethunters

Anyone?

The hardest part in your request is finding the pictures you want. I could do something for you if you'd google and post the resources.

I sent you a PM. I'm looking forward to your reply. :)

#288 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -
#289 Posted by Darthkaiser (12448 posts) -

I was wondering if anyone could take a request from me

Can someone increase the size (while keeping the quality, I mean not ending up with a blurry symbol) of this?? and render it please??

symbol

I would greatly appreciate it!!

#290 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -
Darthkaiser
I couldn't make it bigger without decreasing quality so I tried to remake it, I'm not sure if it is good enough. Huge Version: [spoiler]  [/spoiler] Normal Version:
#291 Posted by Darthkaiser (12448 posts) -
Oh wow! :o That is awesome!! Looks just like the orignal and better! May I ask how you re-made it??
#292 Posted by csftar (937 posts) -

if anyone is interested, i would like for someone to make a 400x200 sig out of this image:

i would like for it say "Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other. Then themselves".

as for effects, add whatever you feel fits but nothing too bright or colorful, don't wanna lose the dark look.

I'd really appreciated : )

EDIT: i hope it's not too late, instead of the stupid people thing, i'd prefer if it said

"Revolution, the only solution,
The armed response of an entire nation,
Revolution, the only solution,
We've taken all your sh¡t now it's time for restitution.".

if someone already did it with the stupid people thing, then don't bother, i'll like anyway.

just a heads up :)

#293 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -
[QUOTE="Darthkaiser"]Oh wow! :o That is awesome!! Looks just like the orignal and better! May I ask how you re-made it??

I re-made it with my bamboo wacom CTH-470 in paint sai. Paint sai has a stabilizer which makes lines smoother and you have more control over them. So basically I took the image resized it to a really big size added a new layer and then traced it with my tablet pen while the program was measuring the sensitivity of my strokes on the hakuna matata symbol. I was gonna do this with the photoshop pentool but the paint sai version came out much cleaner and smoother. If you want I'll make a lineart tutorial about tracing other stuff. It won't take me very long either. EDIT: @csftar Also this is my attempt at your request:
#294 Posted by csftar (937 posts) -

Nice, i like it.

thank you :)

#295 Posted by shadow_Metroid (1642 posts) -

Thoughts on my avy/sig?

SteverXIII

Looks pretty good, but could use a bit of lighting.

#296 Posted by A_Better_Player (9 posts) -
Hey, Could someone make a photoshop of the San Jose Sharks logo "eating" the St. Louis Blues logo? I have a Picture to use as a reference of the sharks "eating" the kings logo.
#297 Posted by A_Better_Player (9 posts) -
p.s. I can't figure out how to attach the reference i have so... sorry? but please help. thanks
#298 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -
Hey, Could someone make a photoshop of the San Jose Sharks logo "eating" the St. Louis Blues logo? I have a Picture to use as a reference of the sharks "eating" the kings logo. A_Better_Player
Show me the reference image and I'll try, just paste the link (you're level 1 so you can't post url where I can just click on it and go to the link).
#299 Posted by A_Better_Player (9 posts) -
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/207538_1866822503008_1014413515_2050205_3217867_n.jpg
#300 Posted by A_Better_Player (9 posts) -
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226301_1878777721881_1014413515_2070395_3055216_n.jpg there are two... thanks in advance