Siege in Sydney CBD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Entering its twelfth hour, the siege continues in the heart of the Sydney CBD. Summary so far;
-Started at about 9:45am AEST (12 hours ago)
-At a Lindt Cafe in Martin Place (Next to a news station, the Reserve Bank, Government buildings)
-Believed to be only 1 gunman
-Islamic flag being held up by hostages
-Gunman asked for I.S. flag and to speak to the PM
-Around 15 hostages currently being held (5 escaped earlier today)
-Almost the whole city on lockdown

Its been a weird day...
http://www.news.com.au/national/a-man-is-holding-several-people-hostage-at-martin-place-cafe/story-fncynjr2-1227156241649

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/25772503/siege-situation-in-martin-place/

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By chaoscougar1

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chaoscougar1

@Iszdope said:

A bit late bro.

Oh, and **** Sydney.

At work all day
Wasn't a topic on it
Classy

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Send in Jack Bauer, he has Fifth Freedom.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

Yeah, slightly late.

Looks like Channel 7 finally gave up on their live coverage, after 14 hours of non-stop talking while having absolutely nothing to report.

I'm surprised police haven't shot him yet, and I'm surprised more hostages aren't escaping now that the guy is asleep.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#8 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Islamic? No way!

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

And the question on everybody's mind is why is this event getting so much attention?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@alim298 said:

And the question on everybody's mind is why is this event getting so much attention?

No it isn't.

Avatar image for Captain_Swosh69
Captain_Swosh69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Captain_Swosh69
Member since 2005 • 1012 Posts

Countries should ban Muslims. The country won't have anything to do with Muslims. You pulled all your troops from the middle east. And say to them, don't F with us, we have nothing to do with you anymore.

I agree with the French to ban burqas. How do you get driving license if you're wearing that? All forms of identifications? You don't know if they have bombs underneath. They migrate to western countries but they don't care about western laws, they want to force their beliefs system here with their burqas, arranged underage marriage, honour killings.

Like the French, if you want to continue wearing the burqas, then leave the country, you are not welcome. You have to draw the lines at the burqa. They have no forms of identification if they wear that.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alim298

@Master_Live said:

@alim298 said:

No it isn't.

Then care to explain why this trivial yet unfortunate incident is getting so much attention when there are more important things to report?

@Captain_Swosh69 said:

Countries should ban Muslims. The country won't have anything to do with Muslims. You pulled all your troops from the middle east. And say to them, don't F with us, we have nothing to do with you anymore.

I agree with the French to ban burqas. How do you get driving license if you're wearing that? All forms of identifications? You don't know if they have bombs underneath. They migrate to western countries but they don't care about western laws, they want to force their beliefs system here with their burqas, arranged underage marriage, honour killings.

Like the French, if you want to continue wearing the burqas, then leave the country, you are not welcome. You have to draw the lines at the burqa. They have no forms of identification if they wear that.

The hostage taker is reported to be wearing burga,

Captain_Swosh69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Captain_Swosh69

The hostage taker is not wearing burqa.

Captain_Swosh69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Captain_Swosh69

17 hour seige is over. Reported that heard one shot goes off in the cafe, then police stormed in. 2 dead, 3 serious injuries. No status on the gunman. An Iranian REFUGEE with a criminal past. Charged with being an accessory to his ex-wife's murder, charged with sexual assault.

strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

@Captain_Swosh69: Source?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@alim298 said:

Actually what was on my mind, besides obviously hoping the hostages are going to be ok, was how warm it must be in Sydney right now.

Captain_Swosh69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Captain_Swosh69

source? my tv. channel 7

strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

@Captain_Swosh69: @Captain_Swosh69: I cant see any info online, seems like a bit of a media blackout. are you watching 7 or 7 two?

Captain_Swosh69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Captain_Swosh69

just 7, but they cant confirm anything, just speculations, so i switched it off, just going to bed now.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

These fvcking islamist terrorrists don't realise they giving islam more and more bad name worlwide to the point of innocent muslims coming under security scanner of governments, will be denied further entries in western worlds. No western countries will be trusting any muslims anymore or given entry.

Shame its happened to your place Chaos, hope no one gets hurt. :)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

Ugh, it was three dead - the gunman and two hostages.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I suppose this is proof of how little attention I pay to the TV and news sources...

Already over and I'm only just now learning of it.

Nothing ever fucking happens here though, but I suppose that can be seen as a good thing.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Islam? Say it ain't so.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Guy was kicked out of Iran for being a nutbag, comes to the land down under and assists in multiple murders, assaulted 7 women, and sent letters to the families of dead soldiers....and he was allowed to walk around?

Another win for the justice system

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@indzman said:

These fvcking islamist terrorrists don't realise they giving islam more and more bad name worlwide to the point of innocent muslims coming under security scanner of governments, will be denied further entries in western worlds. No western countries will be trusting any muslims anymore or given entry.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was one of their goals, to make innocent Muslims so hated that they all say screw it and join organizations like ISIS, with them saying that nobody else wants them.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By indzman

@ad1x2 said:

@indzman said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was one of their goals, to make innocent Muslims so hated that they all say screw it and join organizations like ISIS, with them saying that nobody else wants them.

Can be.But on a good side whole world is getting cautious/aware about these terrorrists , how they operate and so on. Hope concerened governments keeps an strict eye on the movements of anything/ anybody suspicious, makes full background check before letting gain entry. They are digging thier own graves lol.

I just can't beleive how 'these' educated, well earning muslims living in western countries gets brainwashed by IS or they are simply sleeper agents. They lose thier job, get jailed or killed, thier familes becomes traitors to the nation, infact they lose everything they acheived so far. Its really sad wasting own life and family in this way for religion :(

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Religion. Of. Peace.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Apparently this guy had refugee status from Iran as being out on bail for multiple violent crimes and he also previously was involved in writing offensive letters to families of dead soldiers based on his Islamic ideology. I feel awful for everyone involved but honestly, can't you not revoke someone's refugee status for shit like that?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By alim298

@ad1x2 said:

@indzman said:

Muslims should be pretty stupid to do that. Sadly some of them are that stupid.

But in any case screw aussie for giving this animal "political asylum" and for what reason? Just to give Iran the finger. Now we can see how it turned out for them. Two of their own civilians are dead at the hand of their own police. I wonder if they even care though.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

How many innocent Muslim civilians has the Australian army killed in Afghanistan and Iraq while serving as a lackey of the White House?

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#31 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

@Stesilaus: I keep saying, you dont make allies with corporate America.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

@alim298 said:

@Stesilaus said:

How many innocent Muslim civilians has the Australian army killed in Afghanistan and Iraq while serving as a lackey of the White House?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By indzman

Amongst the hostages two indians were held too, luckily they are safe now :)

R,I.P to the killed :(

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Sydney-crisis-2-Indian-hostages-safe-families-relieved/articleshow/45528992.cms

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@indzman said:

Moderate Muslims could be doing a lot to root the extremists out of their communities.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By indzman

@foxhound_fox said:

@indzman said:

Moderate Muslims could be doing a lot to root the extremists out of their communities.

Yep, but they fear as these guys got power and guns. You see tons of innocents getting killed ( Africa, Afgahnistan, Iraq) even if they protest or refuse to join cause. Its upto governments to protect.How can the civilians protect themselves if governments dosen't aid them?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@Stesilaus said:

Regardless of your opinion on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, that doesn't give terrorists a free pass to take their problems out on civilian hostages. For all we know every single person who was being held hostage was against the wars.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#37 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

That was a tragedy.

FragzAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FragzAU
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Shut up about these freaking muslims. i hope muslims leave the country and who cares if they join ISIS. even better. More of them to kill. there shitty armies with nerf guns don't stand a chance against the Australian Army. Let or lone the US army hahaha. The U.S army will take out any army, any day.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chaoscougar1

@alim298 said:

@ad1x2 said:

@indzman said:

But in any case screw aussie for giving this animal "political asylum" and for what reason? Just to give Iran the finger. Now we can see how it turned out for them. Two of their own civilians are dead at the hand of their own police. I wonder if they even care though.

Shhhhh
Quiet time now

Captain_Swosh69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Captain_Swosh69

why didnt the sniper shoot though? dont need negotiation if u can get a shot. r they afraid the shotgun's gonna go off if they shoot the head? dont need intel from this guy anyway, since he's not even IS. just a coward that just facing jail time from the charges he's facing so instead, he terrorize.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 alim298

@chaoscougar1 said:

@alim298 said:

@ad1x2 said:

@indzman said:

Shhhhh

Quiet time now

But it's the truth. Your country fucked it up.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@alim298 said:

@chaoscougar1 said:

@alim298 said:

@ad1x2 said:

@indzman said:

Shhhhh

Quiet time now

It's easy to say that in hindsight...

I'm extremely proud of the job our police did yesterday morning. Yes, 2 hostages tragically lost their lives (one from being shot trying to wrestle the gun off the gunman & the other from a heart attack), but in a lot of other countries the police would've been a lot more gung-ho and more lives could've been lost. It's easy to poke holes in the way things carried out now that the dust as settled, but unless you know exactly what was happening specifically at the time, I'd not make naive comments about it.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chaoscougar1

@alim298 said:

@chaoscougar1 said:

@alim298 said:

Shhhhh

Quiet time now

"Two of their own civilians are dead at the hand of their own police. I wonder if they even care though."
Wrong and we sorta do...

Once again
Quiet time now

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Shame. I've watched some of the footage on TV and I thought to myself "what a deranged ****". Its no wonder that he turned out to have a criminal record AND a history of mental illness. Who of the hostages would have thought their day was going to go this wrong.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 alim298

@chaoscougar1 said:

@alim298 said:

@chaoscougar1 said:

@alim298 said:

Shhhhh

Quiet time now

"Two of their own civilians are dead at the hand of their own police. I wonder if they even care though."

Wrong and we sorta do...

Once again

Quiet time now

I came here to tell you something around the likes of "Shut up!" or "**** you!" but the image you posted made me change my heart. May they rest easy.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 chaoscougar1

@alim298 said:

I came here to tell you something around the likes of "Shut up!" or "**** you!" but the image you posted made me change my heart. May they rest easy.

<3