Should We Execute People for Making Mistakes at Work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DonQuixote (65 posts) -

I feel that a lot of the world's problems come from people being lazy at their jobs. People get too comfortable, and before you know it they are cutting as many corners as possible. They lose passion. If we the punishment for screwing up was elevated things would get better. In practice we would give somebody three chances to screw up. The forth mistakes results in painless execution. All legal businesses by law must abide by this rule. This would also weed out our less desirable citizens. What do you think?

#2 Posted by Master_Live (13594 posts) -

I would make it one mistake, you can screw up once. Next time? There be no next time.

#3 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9258 posts) -

#4 Posted by tocool340 (20411 posts) -

I don't care for death sentences, so no...

#5 Posted by k--m--k (994 posts) -

I totally approve of this method of solving problems.

Look at North Korea, no problems at all.

#6 Edited by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

Off with their heads.

#7 Posted by Master_Live (13594 posts) -

@k--m--k said:

I totally approve of this method of solving problems.

Look at North Korea, no problems at all.

Sure, but look at how the msm keeps ignoring North Korea successes.

#8 Posted by ad1x2 (5399 posts) -

I could totally see how this kind of rule would not eventually result in an armed rebellion against the officials who passed the law...

#9 Posted by one_plum (6297 posts) -

We'd have no more politicians.

#10 Edited by MrGeezer (55936 posts) -

@donquixote said:

I feel that a lot of the world's problems come from people being lazy at their jobs. People get too comfortable, and before you know it they are cutting as many corners as possible. They lose passion. If we the punishment for screwing up was elevated things would get better. In practice we would give somebody three chances to screw up. The forth mistakes results in painless execution. All legal businesses by law must abide by this rule. This would also weed out our less desirable citizens. What do you think?

Sure, but only if we also get to execute people for starting bad threads.

#11 Edited by lamprey263 (22417 posts) -

corner cutting usually comes from the top, people at the bottom cut corners because their employers keep downsizing where one person is doing the work originally designed for several people

the people at the bottom who are doing the work of several people end up making shit, then when they complain about it their employer insists they're lazy because they wouldn't be making shit if they worked harder

#12 Posted by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

Then everyone on Earth would be dead.

#13 Posted by DonQuixote (65 posts) -

I made some spelling mistakes. Sorry. Haha.

#14 Posted by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

I made some spelling mistakes. Sorry. Haha.

Let's hope your work never involves any sort of writing.

#15 Edited by DonQuixote (65 posts) -

@Makhaidos: I am a fine writer. I also have great ideas.

#16 Posted by foxhound_fox (86821 posts) -

Uhh...

#17 Posted by hippiesanta (9726 posts) -

I would rather making out with them as a payback ... lol

#18 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20794 posts) -
#19 Posted by Barbariser (6698 posts) -

What.

#20 Posted by airshocker (28195 posts) -

This is DEFINITELY workable...

#21 Posted by IronBeaver (1986 posts) -

Are you Kim Jong Un, TC?

#22 Posted by lostrib (31445 posts) -

We really shouldnt expend the effort to execute people any more

#23 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

This thread is stupid.

#24 Edited by LexLas (4150 posts) -

I like his way of thinking. Not everyone is interested, and can share your passion. To say they would be punished is not a good option, for it could be your uncle, or half brother or whatever. They way i see it is, if your interested and a good worker, you should get recognized and moved up the chain of command, or position. The ones that don't, end up in the mailroom forever. That is a more way of looking at it. To punish is just wrong. Maybe disable their position, but not punish.

#25 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

define "mistakes"

#26 Edited by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

I agree.

#27 Edited by Praisedasun (444 posts) -

It is crazy.It will lead to chaos.

What are we waiting for?

#28 Edited by DonQuixote (65 posts) -

@comp_atkins: Any action that is incorrect based on the job at hand. Every job had proper ways of dealing with things. We would simply go by that.

#29 Posted by Blueresident87 (5195 posts) -

You'd be whining as much as anyone when it was you being looked at as having made a mistake.

#30 Posted by Jd1680a (5897 posts) -

No, I think each mistake should be require cutting off all the fingers on the hand. Once someone have made the 11th mistake then its the death penalty for them.

#31 Posted by foxhound_fox (86821 posts) -

@LexLas said:

@Makhaidos said:

I like his way of thinking. Not everyone is interested, and can share your passion. To say they would be punished is not a good option, for it could be your uncle, or half brother or whatever. They way i see it is, if your interested and a good worker, you should get recognized and moved up the chain of command, or position. The ones that don't, end up in the mailroom forever. That is a more way of looking at it. To punish is just wrong. Maybe disable their position, but not punish.

I think the idea of "promotions" to be a waste of talent, especially if the person is promoted into another arm of the company. Sure, some people might like changing what they do, but I wouldn't want to be promoted out of my position. I just want to get paid more.

#32 Edited by 11_17_06 (762 posts) -

@donquixote: Are you missing some loose screws in your head ??? People makes mistakes every single day, just got to learn from them. This doesn't justifies a painless execution ? Wtf is wrong with some people these days smh.

#33 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

@comp_atkins: Any action that is incorrect based on the job at hand. Every job had proper ways of dealing with things. We would simply go by that.

except every job doesn't necessarily have a proper way of dealing with something. there could be multiple ways, or no good choice, just a bunch of crappy ones. and you may not even know a given choice was a mistake for a long time.

#34 Posted by bforrester420 (999 posts) -

Depends on the severity/impact, their track record, and whether they owned up to it. I make mistakes at work from time to time, but they're fixable and I readily admit to it rather than lying or trying to cover my tracks.

#35 Posted by Masculus (2800 posts) -

I think we would be left with too few people to work.

#36 Posted by deeliman (2221 posts) -

@11_17_06 said:

@donquixote: Are you missing some loose screws in your head ??? People makes mistakes every single day, just got to learn from them. This doesn't justifies a painless execution ? Wtf is wrong with some people these days smh.

This is literally the most obvious troll thread ever...

#37 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

#38 Edited by Treflis (11367 posts) -

I see someone is aiming for a managment position or a political career.

You will go far with that view, lad.

#39 Posted by brimmul777 (1046 posts) -

I think you have no brains.

#40 Posted by magicalclick (22217 posts) -

Hmmmmmm..... I guess you are right, because it is clear our education system is failing.

#41 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

Yes.

Why?

1.) Population of the earth is too high, and is only going to keep growing.

2.) We dont have enough food to go around, so we've got to "thin the herd" so to speak.

3.) It would open up more jobs for the unemployed people who actually want to work, and we could start getting people off welfare.

Although what about self employed people, are they required to commit suicide if they make a mistake?

#42 Posted by DonQuixote (65 posts) -

@Nibroc420: The self employment question is a tough one.

#43 Edited by Pipsies (58 posts) -

Brilliant idea, I fully support it. Although I would suggest a slight change - make younger people, the clumsier aged, have less chances. 1 strike you're out, ya know?

#44 Posted by DonQuixote (65 posts) -

I am glad you guys agree.