should i get an iphone 5c?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

i have a 4 year old shitty blackberry storm that has no wifi, and just a shitty ping pong game on it. should i get an iphone 5c for $599 or is it not worth?

#2 Posted by ferrari2001 (16916 posts) -

lol buying any phone at $600 isn't worth it. Especially not the cheap 5c.

#3 Posted by johnd13 (8133 posts) -

Yes. And then give it to me.

#4 Posted by ad1x2 (5604 posts) -

I paid $450 for the one I got my wife on Amazon. You might want to look around a little before you pay full price.

Also, you may want to look at other options if you don't like being restricted on some of the things you can do.

#5 Edited by Diablo-B (4039 posts) -

It's a good phone. Only $100. Although I would suggest adding the extra $100 and getting the 5s for $200.

But if you don't plan on gaming on your phone then the 5c would serve you well.

Also I think the 5s is still sold out. The 5c is available.

P.S. Why get a smartphone out of contract. Just wait till you are up for and upgrade.

#6 Posted by lostrib (36899 posts) -

That is a ridiculous price for a year old phone. The new nexus 5 should be ~$350 at launch in a couple of weeks

#7 Edited by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

No

#8 Posted by Deadpool-n (467 posts) -

No way, there are other options that will save you at least $400

#9 Edited by BetaVulgaris (34 posts) -

Go for something cheaper like one of the previous iPhones or a Samsung Galaxy SII. There's no reason to buy the newest models.

#10 Edited by lostrib (36899 posts) -

@BetaVulgaris said:

Go for something cheaper like one of the previous iPhones or a Samsung Galaxy SII. There's no reason to buy the newest models.

The 5c isn't a new model. They just made the iphone 5 into different colors. And the Galaxy S2 is old as shit

#11 Posted by thegerg (15215 posts) -

You should make up your own mind.

#12 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@thegerg said:

You should make up your own mind.

Why is that?

#13 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

No reason to get a 5c. Just pay a little more and get the 5s. Assuming you get an expensive plan (around 70/month), you'll be saving like 3-5% on your phone price and bills over the two years you'll have it.

#15 Posted by thegerg (15215 posts) -

@Fightingfan: Because it's his money and his phone.

#16 Edited by megagene (23007 posts) -

I would personally get an Android phone, but it's your money. If you like the colourful plastic 5c iPhones and the Apple ecosystem then knock yourself out.

#17 Edited by foxhound_fox (88291 posts) -

Wait for the Nexus 5. It's going to be the Android equivalent to the iPhone 5S and cost half the price.

#18 Edited by lostrib (36899 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Wait for the Nexus 5. It's going to be equivalent to the iPhone 5S and cost half the price.

Google needs to hurry up with that.

#19 Posted by slipknot0129 (5491 posts) -

If you like the colors and what its made of, then its no choice. I have a 5s and the 5c looks better I think. I wish they just made the 5c exactly like the 5s except for its colors and plastic body.

#20 Posted by foxhound_fox (88291 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Wait for the Nexus 5. It's going to be equivalent to the iPhone 5S and cost half the price.

Google needs to hurry up with that.

All they need is to release before Xmas and advertise the sh!t out of the fact it's essentially a 5S but at half the price and nothing else will matter.

#21 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (224 posts) -

No iPhone is worth the money.

#22 Edited by picklesurprise (183 posts) -

You should get this phone:

You will get major street cred.

#23 Posted by slipknot0129 (5491 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: Ah man, I should have waited for that. I love phones with glass backs. They just look so good.

Iphone 4s definitely looks the best out of all the iphones.

#24 Edited by redstorm72 (4568 posts) -

Buy a cheap prepaid phone for $50, buy an Ipod touch for $250, then duck tape them together. Boom, half price Iphone.

#25 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

@cain006 said:

No reason to get a 5c. Just pay a little more and get the 5s. Assuming you get an expensive plan (around 70/month), you'll be saving like 3-5% on your phone price and bills over the two years you'll have it.

Yeah. this. the 5c is in no way worth it, unless you are a fan of fancy colours and no case.

You OT people seriously underuse the mobile games thread. discuss all things mobile there.

#26 Edited by BetaVulgaris (34 posts) -

@lostrib: Well it was released last month and there's a little more to it than just colour, so I think it's pretty new. Also, SGSII is far more than most people need. Stuff doesn't get bad just because there' a newer edition.

#27 Edited by MirkoS77 (7473 posts) -

Wait until mid next year and buy a 6 if you've that much money to spend. If you prefer iOS, of course. I have a 4S and badly need to upgrade.

#28 Edited by lostrib (36899 posts) -

@BetaVulgaris said:

@lostrib: Well it was released last month and there's a little more to it than just colour, so I think it's pretty new. Also, SGSII is far more than most people need. Stuff doesn't get bad just because there' a newer edition.

it's not worth it to pay $600 for an iphone that is basically a rebadge of last years model. It has the same processor, they just bumped up the battery and put it in a plastic shell.

And the S2 is simply old and outdated and lagging behind in Android version

#29 Posted by foxhound_fox (88291 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

I have a 4S and badly need to upgrade.

It's a sad state of affairs concerning the mobile phone market when people consider a phone that was heralded as a massive innovation just a year ago something "badly" in need of an upgrade.

I'm running a Galaxy S Captivate. It runs the very bare minimum of what's out currently, has a slow single core CPU and just over 300 MB of RAM. It can't multitask, and is having trouble with crashing all the time... even when trying to dial a number.

I'm either going to upgrade to a Nokia Lumia 1020 or a Galaxy Note 3.

#30 Edited by Lone_Wolf_Lance (121 posts) -

Proud non-smartphone owner.

#31 Edited by MirkoS77 (7473 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I have a 4S and badly need to upgrade.

It's a sad state of affairs concerning the mobile phone market when people consider a phone that was heralded as a massive innovation just a year ago something "badly" in need of an upgrade.

I'm running a Galaxy S Captivate. It runs the very bare minimum of what's out currently, has a slow single core CPU and just over 300 MB of RAM. It can't multitask, and is having trouble with crashing all the time... even when trying to dial a number.

I'm either going to upgrade to a Nokia Lumia 1020 or a Galaxy Note 3.

Well new tech moves fast, and a year is not that short of a time when speaking on tech. I've tried the 5 and notice a fairly large difference in performance.

#32 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

im not getting one, its stupid to pay big money to do something i can already do on my shitty phone