Shooting At Danish Free Speech Meeting

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Another attack much like the Charlie Hebdo incident, this time only one life has been lost however the perpetrators managed to escape the scene.

From BBC News:

Gunmen killed one person and injured three police officers during a free speech debate in Copenhagen attended by a controversial Swedish cartoonist, officials said.

The French ambassador was also present at the debate.

Reports say up to 40 shots were fired during the attack and a manhunt has been launched.

Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks has faced death threats after drawing caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

He was not harmed during the Copenhagen attack.

Shortly after the shooting, a message appeared on the Twitter feed of French ambassador Francois Zimeray saying he was still alive.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Stop drawing the Prophet Muhammad dammit!

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SapSacPrime

@Master_Live:

I actually considered bumping your Charlie Hebdo thread but it seemed more appropriate to just make a new one (plus I couldn't find yours).

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@Master_Live said:

don't they know the consequences?

the guys that drew these are super dead!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

@Master_Live said:

don't they know the consequences?

the guys that drew these are super dead!

Yes they should, specially because the illustration is so cartoonish.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Wait, so shootings happen outside of the US, too? Going by some of the threads created in OT you would have never guessed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@Master_Live said:

That made me laugh. It's like you had an epiphany!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Master_Live said:

No, keep drawing him. Keep standing up against stupid people who think they can infringe on our right to express ourselves freely in the media.

No one should be entitled to be free from offence. They are entitled to ignore what offends them.

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@Master_Live said:

No, keep drawing him. Keep standing up against stupid people who think they can infringe on our right to express ourselves freely in the media.

No one should be entitled to be free from offence. They are entitled to ignore what offends them.

Indeed. Show them that we are not intimidated by their tactics. We will not be dictated to.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Master_Live

Sure, because hate speech=free speech.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

naw he was a pedophile, do anything you can to disrespect him.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

According to CNN, there was a second shooting near a synagogue.

Story

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

There's a line that a lot of these comics tend to cross. I think people simply say this is a good thing because we can't lose our free speech are wrong. The right to free speech carries significant weight. It does not entitle one to be hateful, bigoted, etc. So while I've always find most of these depictions - whether it's Muhammad, Jesus, God himself, etc - generally distastefully done, I think people who are offended by this handle it in completely the wrong way. Discussions need to be had, rather than violence taking place. A lot of the Muslim world that protests these comics are also out of touch, you simply cannot expect people to adhere to you're beliefs. If you live in a place where you need to assimilate, then you must deal with these types of things appropriately.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Master_Live

Sometimes I just get really tire of all these stuff (Middle East, wars, attacks etc).

Hopefully no one gets too offended by this one.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@Master_Live said:

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Grow a set. You do NOT respond to something that offends you with violence. Why are you defending terrorism?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

europeans need to apologize and learn to be more tolerant towards the followers of the religion of peace.. so what if they rape women in sweden, butcher soldiers on the streets of London, etc.. thats just cultural enrichment. kappa

kalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kalloo
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost: Where the f*** did he say he supports terrorism?

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Are you daft? Do you think they need a reason to use violence on people? They still kill people even in places where stuff like this isn't drawn. Why let them take away our freedom of speech. I don't see christians or jews killing people because of these cartoons.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Scandinavia is getting real fucking culturally enriched. Screw these wackos

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SapSacPrime

@kalloo:

He didn't accuse him of supporting it, he accused him of defending it which he did (although I would not rise to it considering he also had a je suis Charlie banner a month back).

How exactly you can justify the subsequent attack on the synagogue I don't know (again people choose to ignore this as they did the kosher supermarket -- it's far easier to be an apologist when there is an offensive cartoon to hide behind).

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Let me start off by making one thing clear: this is indeed a tragic accident that cannot and should not be justified irrespective of how I personally feel about this freedom of speech fetish certain parts of the world developed. Now that we got that out of the way, I can't help but wonder why can't the scandalized among you just eulogize the victims and condemn an act of violence committed by a disturbed or ailed man? Why does it have to be spun into a debate religious in nature? I hate to sound tritely predictable by referring to the recent attack in North Carolina just a couple of days ago. The usual argument is that in these instances of violence, religion, or Islam more specifically, was the motive and as such Islam and Muslims by axiomatic inevitability are to be blamed and ostracized. To that I make the simple point that if that was the case Europe and many other parts of the world where a significant Muslim minority resides would have witnessed such transgressions much more frequently. I dare say that this kind of rhetoric is dangerous and very malignant. For a starter it definitely contributed to the momentum of the alleged movement of Islamic extremism. Can we even begin to comprehend how much publicity this kind of rhetoric and retaliation must have contributed to that entity? It helped perpetuate something that could have been nothing but a fringe and feeble phenomenon that could have come into being and ceased to be largely unnoticed. That aside, this kind of response to these acts is highly dangerous because believe it or not, it eats away at the social fabric of societies that identify themselves as multicultural by continually antagonizing and alienating a considerable portion of these societies. So I advise the freedom martyrs among you to maybe revise their stand on the issue.

I expect to be called an apologist or whatever but believe it or not this concerns me very little in comparison to how much it must concern many of those reading these lines.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GazaAli

@wis3boi said:

And how do you suggest Scandinavia do that?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@GazaAli said:

Let me start off by making one thing clear: this is indeed a tragic accident that cannot and should not be justified irrespective of how I personally feel about this freedom of speech fetish certain parts of the world developed. Now that we got that out of the way, I can't help but wonder why can't the scandalized among you just eulogize the victims and condemn an act of violence committed by a disturbed or ailed man? Why does it have to be spun into a debate religious in nature? I hate to sound tritely predictable by referring to the recent attack in North Carolina just a couple of days ago. The usual argument is that in these instances of violence, religion, or Islam more specifically, was the motive and as such Islam and Muslims by axiomatic inevitability are to be blamed and ostracized. To that I make the simple point that if that was the case Europe and many other parts of the world where a significant Muslim minority resides would have witnessed such transgressions much more frequently. I dare say that this kind of rhetoric is dangerous and very malignant. For a starter it definitely contributed to the momentum of the alleged movement of Islamic extremism. Can we even begin to comprehend how much publicity this kind of rhetoric and retaliation must have contributed to that entity? It helped perpetuate something that could have been nothing but a fringe and feeble phenomenon that could have come into being and ceased to be largely unnoticed. That aside, this kind of response to these acts is highly dangerous because believe it or not, it eats away at the social fabric of societies that identify themselves as multicultural by continually antagonizing and alienating a considerable portion of these societies. So I advise the freedom martyrs among you to maybe revise their stand on the issue.

I expect to be called an apologist or whatever but believe it or not this concerns me very little in comparison to how much it must concern many of those reading these lines.

So let me get this straight. You are saying that us in europe should abandoned our systems, our beliefs, our freedoms and what has made europe what it is today and why these very religious people who fucked up their own native countries with their religion, have a peaceful place to move to.

You must be having one to many something if you think thats ever going to happen. Freedom of Speech will never be moved , there will luckily always be people like Charlie hebdo and others to remind the religious people that they can take their religious shit and go F themselves.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SapSacPrime

@GazaAli:

To me at least I find the excusing of this behaviour due to religious outrage more of a camouflage -- "death to those who mock the prophet" loses any credibility when there is an additional "and also f*** jew's".

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Luckily the two officers at the synagoge warded off the fucker eventhough wounded. There were 80 people inside, so this tragedy almost became a large-scale massacre.

It's a shame we did'nt get him alive for some serious questioning, because we have several rabid imams inciting this shit in our country, and they did the same fucking thing back when we drew muhammed.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 raugutcon

@Master_Live said:

Sometimes I just get really tire of all these stuff (Middle East, wars, attacks etc).

Hopefully no one gets too offended by this one.

Look the Three Stooges !

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GazaAli

@Jacanuk said:

@GazaAli said:

So let me get this straight. You are saying that us in europe should abandoned our systems, our beliefs, our freedoms and what has made europe what it is today and why these very religious people who fucked up their own native countries with their religion, have a peaceful place to move to.

You must be having one to many something if you think thats ever going to happen. Freedom of Speech will never be moved , there will luckily always be people like Charlie hebdo and others to remind the religious people that they can take their religious shit and go F themselves.

You're not getting anything straight whatsoever. I can assure that neither your reading comprehension skills nor the likes of Charlie something made Europe what it is today. There are a variety of conditions and factors that contributed to that, but I'm fairly confident that social anarchy and malevolence are not among them. I do not approve of what Charlie used to do but I certainly wouldn't have hurt him for it at all. But what I will say about Charlie is that he continues to lack the substance and the value to be associated with supremacy and prosperity in any degree, before and after his death. He remains some guy who used to make some distasteful and offensive doodles. The fact that he is being aggrandized is a sign of European decadence because when a society starts to elevate and promote the wrong people for the wrong reasons then that society has certainly started to decay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Master_Live said:

A lot of people don't seem to understand what hate speech is.

Drawing a cartoon taking the piss out of Islam is not hate speech.

Saying we should go out and lynch Muslims is hate speech.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 raugutcon

@Flubbbs said:

europeans need to apologize and learn to be more tolerant towards the followers of the religion of peace.. so what if they rape women in sweden, butcher soldiers on the streets of London, etc.. thats just cultural enrichment. kappa

Nope, it´s the other way around pal, followers of "the religion of peace" should learn to be more tolerant with everybody else.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@raugutcon said:

@Flubbbs said:

Nope, it´s the other way around pal, followers of "the religion of peace" should learn to be more tolerant with everybody else.

That's offensive! Check your privilege!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wis3boi

@GazaAli said:

@wis3boi said:

stop letting every motherfucker in

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts
@wis3boi said:

That's the best immigration policy I've heard in a long time.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@raugutcon said:

@Flubbbs said:

yea i know that pal, thats why my comment was sarcastic

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

This is where the police took down the bastard:

Is'nt that nice? This made me angrier than I expected...

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GazaAli

@wis3boi said:

@GazaAli said:

@wis3boi said:

Thank God I thought you were going to prescribe Scandinavia pogroms and/or forced deportation.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Master_Live

@Flubbbs said:

@raugutcon said:

@Flubbbs said:

yea i know that pal, thats why my comment was sarcastic

OT's sarcasm detector is under repair.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 raugutcon

@GazaAli said:

@wis3boi said:

@GazaAli said:

@wis3boi said:

Thank God I thought you were going to prescribe Scandinavia pogroms and/or forced deportation.

Not a bad idea.

Pe4chy96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pe4chy96
Member since 2015 • 45 Posts

now this is becoming too much. It has happened in belgium, france and denmark.... why are so many muslim europeans going to syria and irak? future doesnt seems bright

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By wis3boi

@GazaAli said:

@wis3boi said:

@GazaAli said:

@wis3boi said:

I hope youre joking.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GazaAli

@wis3boi said:

@GazaAli said:

@wis3boi said:

@GazaAli said:

@wis3boi said:

I hope youre joking.

I wasn't joking per say, I was instead being a devil's advocate to fish for some preposterous standpoints on the matter. I wasn't disappointed.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GazaAli
@pe4chy96 said:

now this is becoming too much. It has happened in belgium, france and denmark.... why are so many muslim europeans going to syria and irak? future doesnt seems bright

No it doesn't

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Scandinavia is such a shitty place.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Should not be met with violence nonetheless.....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#46 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@SapSacPrime: My brother lives there, and says it was very contained. There wasn't massive panick in the city

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jacanuk

@GazaAli said:

@Jacanuk said:

@GazaAli said:

You're not getting anything straight whatsoever. I can assure that neither your reading comprehension skills nor the likes of Charlie something made Europe what it is today. There are a variety of conditions and factors that contributed to that, but I'm fairly confident that social anarchy and malevolence are not among them. I do not approve of what Charlie used to do but I certainly wouldn't have hurt him for it at all. But what I will say about Charlie is that he continues to lack the substance and the value to be associated with supremacy and prosperity in any degree, before and after his death. He remains some guy who used to make some distasteful and offensive doodles. The fact that he is being aggrandized is a sign of European decadence because when a society starts to elevate and promote the wrong people for the wrong reasons then that society has certainly started to decay.

You didn´t read what i wrote it seems. I never said Charlie Hebdo the satirical paper were the reason for anything, i said that it represents some fundamental freedoms we have in europe and most western societies that is the cause of how the society is and why people who are still in the caveman stage when it comes to religion can have a peaceful place to live.

And no religion is going to change that and one day even the most liberal idiots in europe will get enough and start to fight back.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jacanuk

@themajormayor said:

This makes me laugh. So where do you live just so i can laugh some more at your absolute ignorance.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#49 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@themajormayor said:

This makes me laugh. So where do you live just so i can laugh some more at your absolute ignorance.

This may very well blow your mind, but

personal values may differ

Talk about ignorance

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GazaAli

@Jacanuk said:

@themajormayor said:

Amusingly enough he lives in Sweden so I'm not sure you get to call him ignorant. If anything it makes you ignorant for erroneously calling him ignorant, keeping in mind that I'm using the word ignorant in the strictest sense of the word.