Share your impression on Captain America Winter Soldier

#1 Edited by indzman (17532 posts) -

Saw Captain America Winter Soldier (2D) first show today, wow . Amazing starcast ( Anthony Mackie was awesome ). Was surprised to see Robert Redford doing a super hero movie, brilliant actor without doubt. I give the movie 9/10, definately huge improvement over first Captain America. Solid Acting and Action. Reminded me lots of Mass effect 3 ( If you get my drift without spoilers ;) ) and The Avengers lol.

Share your impression on Captain America Winter Soldier OT :)

#2 Posted by ad1x2 (5560 posts) -

I'm in the theater right now sitting through the previews to the previews and they are posting a shitload of Titanfall ads. I'll post my opinion in about three hours or so.

#4 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150670 posts) -
@ad1x2 said:

I'm in the theater right now sitting through the previews to the previews and they are posting a shitload of Titanfall ads. I'll post my opinion in about three hours or so.

Dangerous to text in the theater dude....

@indzman said:

Saw Captain America Winter Soldier (2D) first show today, wow . Amazing starcast ( Anthony Mackie was awesome ). Was surprised to see Robert Redford doing a super hero movie, brilliant actor without doubt. I give the movie 9/10, definately huge improvement over first Captain America. Solid Acting and Action. Reminded me lots of Mass effect 3 ( If you get my drift without spoilers ;) ) and The Avengers lol.

Share your impression on Captain America Winter Soldier OT :)

Haven't seen it yet.....but most origin stories are the weakest of the series. So it stands to reason that the sequel would be more interesting than the retelling of the start.

#5 Posted by dave123321 (33975 posts) -

The first one was lovely

#6 Posted by ad1x2 (5560 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

I was in there ten minutes before the actual green band previews were on and all of the lights were still on when I typed that. Since I have the day off and it was almost 1PM here the theater was empty at the time until a few people walked in a few minutes later. Not only was it cheaper but I didn't have to deal with loud kids since most of them were still in school.

#7 Edited by ad1x2 (5560 posts) -

Just came out of the theater 30 minutes ago. It was awesome in my opinion. While I won't spoil the movie for anybody who hasn't watched it yet I am wondering how the events in the movie will affect the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D TV show. There are two end credit scenes so stay until after the credits are finished.

I will warn anybody who hasn't watched it yet to avoid some of the Youtube videos showing the trailer. I watched the trailer that Marvel posted last night and one of the first comments in the comment section posted a major spoiler about the movie.

Going back to the same trailer now there are several spoiler comments in there people are making no effort to hide to include one that did a flat out play by play of the movie from beginning to end.

#8 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150670 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:
@ad1x2 said:

I was in there ten minutes before the actual green band previews were on and all of the lights were still on when I typed that. Since I have the day off and it was almost 1PM here the theater was empty at the time until a few people walked in a few minutes later. Not only was it cheaper but I didn't have to deal with loud kids since most of them were still in school.

Just saying....safety first.:P

#9 Posted by PonchoTaco (2032 posts) -

Better than the first one? I didn't care for the first one at all.

#10 Edited by uninspiredcup (8250 posts) -

Very surprised by the reception. I didn't like the first one at all. The idea of a superhero in World War 2 is great. But it didn't feel like World War 2 or the 1940's, lots of CGI driven futuristic stuff that I just phase out on. Apparently this is very slim on CGI.

#11 Posted by dave123321 (33975 posts) -

I loved loved loved the first one

#12 Edited by Korvus (3520 posts) -

This is probably a really stupid question but why would it be dangerous to text in the theater?

#13 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150670 posts) -

@korvus said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

This is probably a really stupid question but why would it be dangerous to text in the theater?

Someone was shot for doing that...

#14 Edited by Korvus (3520 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: Wow, really? Didn't know that. Where?

EDIT: Googled it. Florida, huh?

#15 Posted by dave123321 (33975 posts) -

Florida is crazy

#16 Posted by ferrari2001 (16868 posts) -

I'm going tomorrow morning to the earliest showing to avoid some of the lines. It looks good, I'm quite excited.

#17 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (720 posts) -

Going to see tomorrow.

#18 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17255 posts) -

Bah gotta wait till next Saturday to see this....

Good news is that day I will also be seeing Oculus in theaters, and then I will watch Afflicted at home!

#19 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26155 posts) -

The first is still my favorite Marvel film, but I'd put this on par with 'The Avengers' in second place. It is basically a Bond film starring Captain America, set in the Marvel universe.

#20 Posted by dave123321 (33975 posts) -

Stupendous

#21 Posted by ferrari2001 (16868 posts) -

Just got back from it. Definitely one of Marvel Studio's best films. It was simply fantastic all around. A little predictable at times, and also some things were a little to convenient but overall it was an outstanding film.

#22 Edited by Jankarcop (9261 posts) -

Marvel's best film, easily. 9.1/10

#23 Posted by thegerg (15009 posts) -

Haven't seen it, don't like it.

#24 Edited by Jankarcop (9261 posts) -

@thegerg said:

lol what....

#25 Posted by Wanderer5 (25700 posts) -

Man I loved it, definitely at least my favorite "solo" film of the cinematic universe, and probably the best action scenes too. Winter Soldier was especially kickass whenever he came on fighting.

#26 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28072 posts) -

I was reminded why the only Marvel film I had seen before this one was Iron Man.

#27 Edited by Solid_Link22 (5630 posts) -

I absolutely loved it :)

#28 Edited by johnd13 (8070 posts) -

Just came back from the theater. I really liked the movie, better than the first one which I also enjoyed. I never really thought Captain America would be so fun to see on screen.

@ad1x2: lol I only stayed for the first end credit scene, didn't expect another one, I wish I had seen your post earlier

#29 Posted by Hiddai (6085 posts) -

My favorite so far together with the first one and Avengers

#30 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (720 posts) -

Just got back from it. Definitely one of Marvel Studio's best films. It was simply fantastic all around. A little predictable at times, and also some things were a little to convenient but overall it was an outstanding film.

This.. It's up there with The Avengers.

#31 Edited by indzman (17532 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Agree completely :)

P.S also Mass Effect 3 major reference , if u understand wut i'm trying to say heh.

#32 Edited by Ballroompirate (22734 posts) -

It was a lot better than the first Cap movie and probably Marvels 3rd or 4th best film.

#33 Posted by finalstar2007 (25079 posts) -

Truly very well done, movies like this make me love superhero movies even more!

Chris did an amazing job as Captin America and i kid you not the he's my motivation for me to workout big time ever since the first movie :P

the fights between Captin and the Winter Soldier were epic.

#34 Posted by undergroundLPx (641 posts) -

I am not a fan of Captain America or Chris Evans so my opinion might be a bit biased but I thought it felt uninspired and generic. There were some cool scenes here and there with witty one liners but the movie just felt bland.

If I was to give it a score it'd be 5/10.

#35 Posted by indzman (17532 posts) -

@thegerg said:

You seem like a sane guy, why comment lyk a dumb person LOL.

#36 Posted by ferrari2001 (16868 posts) -

@indzman said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Agree completely :)

P.S also Mass Effect 3 major reference , if u understand wut i'm trying to say heh.

I caught that as well.

#37 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

stand tall for the beasts of america

CAPTAIN america that is

#38 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

Quite long. I thought it was a solid movie and I enjoyed watching through it.

#39 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26155 posts) -

Anyone watch Agents of SHIELD? Pretty cool how the film ties into the show, and how the repercussions of the film will be felt going forward.

#40 Edited by one_plum (6350 posts) -

More like Captain Puerto Rico

#41 Posted by Niff_T (6052 posts) -

Felt like a waste of time. Pretty much the prequel to the movie I actually want to see (Cap 3, I guess).

Best thing to movie did was get me to listen to some more Marvin Gaye.

#42 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23612 posts) -

it will probably be ok to ok plus.

i'm going to see as foreplay right before i fuck the flag.

#43 Posted by Boddicker (2686 posts) -

SPOILERS ALERT******************************************

I don't feel like using the spoilers button because it won't let me see what I'm typing. I can't highlight it then cover it.

1) I'm finally tiring of the superhero genre, well, atleast Marvels. DC still has the most iconic superheros.

2) I hate that Cap knew the Winter Soldier. I hate that Cap was willing to die to prove a point at the end. He should have been willing to fight to the death.

3) The shield needs to be larger or they could just shoot Cap's legs.

4) Would the American people really stand for mass killings INSIDE OF BUILDINGS when the damage would probably kill other people.

#44 Edited by Serraph105 (27921 posts) -

I just got back from seeing it and honestly this movie has me excited for the superhero genre once again which I was just starting to wear thin on.

One thing this film did right was add a little tension to the film, which has been sorely lacking from the avenger flicks. It really helps the film that Steve is, while super, still human. He gets into situations big enough to where you don't see much of a way out for him, that really can't happen with Thor or Hulk, but that also means you shouldn't have him jumping out of planes sans parachute either.

All in all really good film which I suggest people go see immediately.

#45 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17255 posts) -

Twas a very good movie!

Was probably slightly less blown away considering I saw the movie directly after seeing The Raid 2 which was one of, if not the BEST action movies I have ever seen.

Movie had some great action in it, and most importantly I really liked the way it pushed the Avengers storyline forward.

BTW, those post-credit scenes were both VERY intriguing!

Really can't wait to watch the universe continue to get fleshed out. Them mentioning Doctor Strange has me uber-hyped as I really want to see him translated into a live-action movie!

#46 Posted by platinumking320 (666 posts) -

And that's all that needs to be said.

#47 Posted by bobaban (10558 posts) -

It was really good. Great pacing and great actors. Had alot of Captain America characters too:

Batroc The Leaper

Crossbones

Armin Zola

Agent 13 - Sharon Carter

The Winter Soldier was awesome too, made him pretty badass.