Sex offender license plates.

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Why? They need to be marking the cars of people that have been caught driving under the influence. Or who have had more than 3 accidents. Is the sex offender gonna hit my boobs with his car or something?
heartcork
That, ma'am, is damn funny.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts
[QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

[QUOTE="TwoStirsPaco"]I think something as inescapably conspicuous as a license plate creates a continuing danger to the individual who would have to display such a thing. I agree that information on sex offenders should be made public; however, I don't agree that sex offenders should be placed in a continuing state of possible physical danger because of something as conspicuous as a license plate. heartcork

I thought the same. Some Marines pull up in their pickup. "Now looky what we got here teh he. Check this sawn of a **** out Gordie. He's one of them there sex O-fenders. WE WERE MARINES BOY!! Sleepin with siblings is one thing.. which is fine with us, just as long as they be 18 or older. BUT sexin up them there youngins is where we draw the line. We fantersize about it, but we be some ah dem what you call..err... hippo crates. Now you best run boy, cause we got scatter guns and no power steering.

Since when are Marines hillbillies? :|

Well.. Hillbillies love the Marine Corp, because guys who live out in the boonies love water and they are retardily badass. So hillbillies who join the Military join The Marine Corps, because the marine corps fulfills that stigma. Of course not all marines are billies, the US Marine corps is known notoriously for it. It's their thing. It takes a special breed to believe they are invincible.

All rednecks and billies have a marine corp sticker on their truck and personal possesions. Most southerners do. Being a marine is about believing you're a badass, the best.  It's all about attitude. Billies love that BS, they think they are Clint Eastwood or John Wayne. It's their inspiration, their self-esteem. The driving force that pushes them to be all that they can be, but not in the arrrrrmmyyy. 

heartcork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 heartcork
Member since 2005 • 5514 Posts
[QUOTE="heartcork"]Why? They need to be marking the cars of people that have been caught driving under the influence. Or who have had more than 3 accidents. Is the sex offender gonna hit my boobs with his car or something?
xaos
That, ma'am, is damn funny.

Why thank you.
GTAps2SanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 GTAps2SanA
Member since 2005 • 3716 Posts
Heck yes, they absolutely should stick out like a sore thumb!!!!

Also, LukeAF24 could I use that avatar pic of the flag?
Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#105 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="whiteshadow55"][QUOTE="Vampyronight"]No, I don't think this is appropriate. If society thinks these people are so untrustworthy, then push for lengthier jail sentences. I would hope that if this law is passed and a sexual offender is attacked, he/she sues the state for massive amounts of money for putting them into danger.whiteshadow55

What college teacher filled ur head with this lol anyways Bill next door Molested 2 little girls horribly and destroyed the rest of there lives But you know what ......i trust him im gonna invite him over for a BBQ and trust him around my kids... i mean damn! He's Earned it ...............He got convicted of raping children and sent to Jail for that (CRIME) Yup He deserves to be trusted Btw mind if ur kids come and play with him also?

Your an idiot.. How will a license plate solve any of this? They are put on the sexual predator list that every one can access not to mention most police departments notify neighbors, if people are some how still gonna be "fooled" from this then they deserve to for being this stupid.. Last I checked a full group of professionals far smarter then most likely you will EVER be deemed that the person was safe and released.. Professional Committee >>>> You.

Not gonna solve it but sure as hell would help..... and again if the sexual predators had one more thing to worry about it would prolly cut down on the crimes but whatever its USA we like to Protect are Criminals for some reason /shrug and i hope your not talking about the ACLU being smarter than me that would make me laugh lol can prolly link every F'd up thing in the usa to them lol The Thing that would solve it is just throw them in Jail But that will never happen either and lastly there are alot bigger things for you to worry about that a Child Molesters safety

This is a good thread, with some interesting thoughts mixed among the usual snarky garbage you get in an internet peanut gallery. sSubZerOo has a good point as usual, though it is stated a bit inflammatory towards whiteshadow55 for my taste.

The idea behind the plates is to increase monitoring of the worst offenders; parole officers cannot be everywhere at once. However, violent crimes against convicted offenders is already high. License plates will increase assaults, road rage, and result in people following the offenders to their places of work and homes. Convicted sex offenders already have a difficult time landing even the most menial employment. Rehabilitation is extremely difficult because it is generally the result of a deeply-embedded psychological problem. Plates would make rehabilitation of those offenders that sincerely want treatment to reenter society considerably more difficult. License plates highlighting convicted sex offenders -even if it's only "the worst" ones- are unlikely to act as a deterrant, their primary purpose. Instead, they are more likely to increase crimes against convicted offenders, increasing their likelihood of repeat offending.

Further, current treatment is expensive: rehabilitation through therapy costs taxpayer dollars and incarceration does the same. Nobody wants to pay to improve the life of a convict, particularly not sex offenders.

Alternatives (to the current system) are few. Generally the populace agrees that euthanizing sex offenders is too extreme (except in the case of child offenders, IMO). Research indicates that surgical or chemical castration reduces the recidivism rate to less than 2%, and may therefore be the most effective deterrent available (source). However, voluntary castration is available in only four states and the Supreme Court has ruled mandatory castration as punishment as unconstitutional. This may change with the rise in sexual offenders, but for now this is rarely an option.

I do not have a solution, but I believe that license plates highlighting offenders among the populace is not the next best course of action. If you have not already seen The Woodsman and this thread piques your interest, I highly, highly recommend that you rent it.
greeneye59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 greeneye59
Member since 2003 • 1079 Posts
For.  These freaks will never get any sympathy from me.  Ever.
SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts
W00t, I love living in WI
Jack_Summersby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Jack_Summersby
Member since 2005 • 1444 Posts
Since I'm not stupid, I treat every stranger like a sex offender. So frankly, I don't give a crap. Not like it's going to change anything for me.MrGeezer
ROFL *every* stranger? Like if I walked up to you and said, "Hey, how's it going?" you'd scream and run away, or tuck into a ball and cover your genitals?
Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts
This wouldn't help anything. It would lead to more attacks and deaths. You know what people are like. The people with green plates would be tracked down by people who want to take the law into their own hands.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#110 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
I think it would be a good idea then small children who see a vehicle with that license plate will know to get the heck out of there and not to trust the person driving the car, although they shouldn't talk to someone they don't know anyways, but I think it would be a good thing.
Avatar image for TheTerribleFish
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 TheTerribleFish
Member since 2005 • 1793 Posts
What is the point of releasing them to society after prison only so everyone should hate them? Seriously bad idea IMO.
marty_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 marty_81
Member since 2003 • 2823 Posts
Whats the point of identifying them while they're on the highway? Are they gonna sexually assault you with their car?
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#113 ranger_waha
Member since 2005 • 3187 Posts
If I saw a woman with sex offender plates I'd follow her home and act like a plumber.
mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
Tell you're state just to lock up the damn scum of the earth, and keep them in there.
six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
what? who cares?
DrowningFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#116 DrowningFish
Member since 2005 • 2444 Posts
People who screw up don't deserved to be punished for life, unless it's really bad, in which case they shouldn't even be out of jail.
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#117 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I don't live in the states but WOW.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MagnumPI
  On the Brightside.. if the woman is a babe follow her home and let her offend you.
diemensioncorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 diemensioncorp
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts
The reason I dont think they should have those liscense plates is because vigilantes will drag them out of their cars and beat the crap out of'em. Im not for promoting vigilantes
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 MagnumPI

Vigilantes will drag them out of their cars and beat the crap out of'em.diemensioncorp

That's an obvious scenario. Like driving through a black neighborhood with KKK paraphernalia all over your vehicle.

diemensioncorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 diemensioncorp
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

[QUOTE="diemensioncorp"] Vigilantes will drag them out of their cars and beat the crap out of'em.MagnumPI

That's an obvious scenario. Like driving through a black neighborhood with KKK paraphernalia all over your vehicle.

exactly!