Seinfeld Debuted 25 Years Ago...Yada Yada Yada.

#1 Posted by Master_Live (13612 posts) -

Seinfeld’ debuted 25 years ago, yada yada yada, it remains a cultural giant

Perhaps the greatest sitcom of all time and one of the best tv shows ever. Period. You don't have to love it, but if you don't like it then I don't need you in my life.

Kids if you don't know what I'm talking about do yourself a favor and get on with it.

So OT, share your favorite Episodes, jokes and character of the show.

My favorite character is George, I love his self deprecating demeanor.

#2 Posted by AFBrat77 (23988 posts) -

One of the all-time great comedies, up there with The Honeymooners, I Love Lucy, and All in the Family.

#3 Edited by SaintLeonidas (25688 posts) -

Not sure who was my favorite, but I sure do love Kramer's physical humor:

#4 Posted by zeroyaoi (1826 posts) -

*Dances like Elaine*

#5 Edited by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

"Believe it or not, I'm not ho~ome!"

"Hello, Jerry."

"Hello, Newman."

#6 Edited by Iszdope (9396 posts) -

Jimmy says his episode was the shit.

#7 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (16965 posts) -

I love that the show originally didn't test well and then went on to become one of the biggest TV shows ever.

Used to watch it as a kid with my parents. Definitely a funny show! Think my fav thing was the Soup Nazi.

#8 Edited by zeroyaoi (1826 posts) -
#9 Edited by Iszdope (9396 posts) -

@zeroyaoi: classic.

So many classic episodes though.

#10 Posted by zeroyaoi (1826 posts) -

@Iszdope: it's hard to choose just one. Yay! Notifications are working again. :3

#11 Posted by TruthTellers (3396 posts) -

25 years ago? Damn...

#12 Edited by Brutal_Elitegs (16130 posts) -

The greatest.

#13 Edited by GTR12 (8899 posts) -

Am I the only one who watches at least 1 episode per day of Seinfeld?

Ive gone through the entire show at least 8-9 times now, and yes I still love it.

#14 Posted by Allicrombie (25085 posts) -

its nice that while OT may be divided on politics, religion, and other issues, it can still come together to share a love of Seinfeld.

#15 Edited by lamprey263 (22419 posts) -

Funny things is that Seinfeld himself is the least funny character on that show, Elaine, George, Kramer made that show, they could have killed Jerry at any point in the show and it'd still go on just as well (or maybe better) without him, however if the others went, then there'd be problems. And yet, what did he get toward the end, $5 million an episode; God damn, why'd he even call it quits? I'd of milked that to death.

#16 Posted by Iszdope (9396 posts) -

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

#17 Posted by fueled-system (6223 posts) -

Hard to believe 25 years and it still holds up today as comedy gold with virtually every episode being a classic

#18 Edited by InEMplease (6302 posts) -

Seinfeld is one of those shows that doesn't get old.

#19 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (27935 posts) -

Best show ever.

#20 Edited by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

Seinfeld has been and will always be the best thing to ever come out from the U.S. I have already watched the show at least 5 times and I still put on this or that episode on my laptop to cheer me up whenever I'm feeling down. I have no idea what is it about this show that makes it impossible to get bored with. Seinfled FOREVER.

And since we're sharing our most beloved Seinfeld moments:

#21 Posted by Motokid6 (5008 posts) -

Still watch it every day.

#22 Edited by resevl4rlz (3229 posts) -

she named names

#23 Posted by HailtotheQueen (156 posts) -

Easily the best sitcom ever made. I didn't catch this show until it was already over but when i did get to see an episode, I was immediately hooked. My first one was actually the episode where Elaine and Puddy are on the plane together fighting the whole time. LOL Elaine, George, George's parents and Newman were the stars of the show.

#24 Posted by HailtotheQueen (156 posts) -

My name is Magnus!!! LOL

#25 Posted by Brutal_Elitegs (16130 posts) -

#26 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (27935 posts) -

#27 Posted by KHAndAnime (13142 posts) -

That's weird, I just finished watching the entirety of the show last night, starting a few weeks ago. The show picks up in Season 2 but takes takes a noticeable dive in season 8 and gets annoyingly eccentric. The finale is atrocious and it brings a tear to my eye how bad it is, I'm not sure what LD's train of thought was when writing that episode. It's atrocious.

Having now just rewatched it all, I think I prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm. CYB wouldn't be the show it is if it wasn't for Seinfeld, but CYB is a beautiful spiritual successor to Seinfeld and surpasses the show with smarter writing, and has less bullshit. CYB's cast is a lot funnier, more 3-dimensional, and cleverly put together. Kramer is king, though. Michael Richards is an amazing actor.

#28 Posted by Master_Live (13612 posts) -

You will get no argument from me on the finale. It is atrocious.

#29 Posted by Brutal_Elitegs (16130 posts) -

#30 Posted by Solaryellow (422 posts) -

That was the time to watch NBC. Seinfeld was a phenom. Nothing before it could compare and nothing after it..in terms of comedy. I'd rank that right up next to The Twilight Zone.

#31 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (27935 posts) -

#32 Posted by SaintLeonidas (25688 posts) -

Love the reactions in this scene:

#33 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14258 posts) -

Never really got into the show until long after it went off the air. I'm enjoying it.

#34 Posted by evildead6789 (6825 posts) -

oh I spent endless hours with seinfeld. The first thing that came to mind was kramers 'café latté'

#35 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

That's weird, I just finished watching the entirety of the show last night, starting a few weeks ago. The show picks up in Season 2 but takes takes a noticeable dive in season 8 and gets annoyingly eccentric. The finale is atrocious and it brings a tear to my eye how bad it is, I'm not sure what LD's train of thought was when writing that episode. It's atrocious.

Having now just rewatched it all, I think I prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm. CYB wouldn't be the show it is if it wasn't for Seinfeld, but CYB is a beautiful spiritual successor to Seinfeld and surpasses the show with smarter writing, and has less bullshit. CYB's cast is a lot funnier, more 3-dimensional, and cleverly put together. Kramer is king, though. Michael Richards is an amazing actor.

I believe Larry David was no longer with the show starting from season 8, at which point Jerry took it upon himself to continue the show for another season or two. So really, the show was running at its half artistic capacity at that point which may explain the noticeable dive the show took around season 8. I personally liked it enough to watch it all the way through to the end while still finding it funny and entertaining. Granted those last couple of seasons were not of the same quality as their antecedents, but they were good enough to be enjoyed. While the finale wasn't spectacular or anything, it was passable. Its hard to imagine a sitcom getting a meaningful finale, if that's your main complaint about the Seinfeld's one.

#36 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

oh I spent endless hours with seinfeld. The first thing that came to mind was kramers 'café latté'

That's kind of strange. I woke up about half an hour ago and for some reason Kramer getting hopped up on cafe lattes was among the first thoughts of the day.

#37 Posted by Behardy24 (2301 posts) -

I wondering why people were posting Seinfeld pictures all overall tumblr. That show will forever be amazing.

#38 Edited by Behardy24 (2301 posts) -

Trivia: Jerry Seinfeld wrote every episode throughout the years of his show with one blue pen.

#39 Posted by Iszdope (9396 posts) -

Trivia: Jerry Seinfeld wrote every episode throughout the years of his show with one blue pen.

Could it write upside down?

#40 Posted by evildead6789 (6825 posts) -

The 'assman'

#41 Posted by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

Serenity now!!!!!!!!!!

#42 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

Serenity now!!!!!!!!!!

insanity later...