SAT Subject Test Questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

en-z-io

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 en-z-io
Member since 2004 • 3390 Posts
Okay, it's about time for me to take my SATs. Many of the colleges to which I want to apply require the SAT subject tests, though. I know I will be taking the US History test, but I am torn on my second choice. I am thinking of the Literature Subject Test, but does anyone know what I need to know for this? How difficult is it? What is covered in it? And, although I only took a rudimentary Biology course in my Sophomore year (I am afraid to say that I never paid attention and still passed with over 100%....), do you think I could study like crazy and get enough information in my head to take the Biology Subject Test? I do have the SAT Biology Subject Test help program and Sparknotes has a nice guide on it, too. Would this be a wise course of action?

Many thanks!
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
Depends on what you want to major in. I take it you're not interested in something science or math based, but you really should consider those.  So, Math IC, Math IIC, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, whatever...
TheOT_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheOT_King
Member since 2005 • 6359 Posts
Okay, it's about time for me to take my SATs. Many of the colleges to which I want to apply require the SAT subject tests, though. I know I will be taking the US History test, but I am torn on my second choice. I am thinking of the Literature Subject Test, but does anyone know what I need to know for this? How difficult is it? What is covered in it? And, although I only took a rudimentary Biology course in my Sophomore year (I am afraid to say that I never paid attention and still passed with over 100%....), do you think I could study like crazy and get enough information in my head to take the Biology Subject Test? I do have the SAT Biology Subject Test help program and Sparknotes has a nice guide on it, too. Would this be a wise course of action?

Many thanks!
en-z-io
I took the US History subject test after having taken the AP class and AP test and I scored a 720 on it. I got a 4 on the AP exam. The 720 was pretty good it put me in the 85th percentile. However, as US History was the only AP course I had taken Junior year I wasn't sure what to take as my second subject test. I eventually ended up taking the SAT Literature Subject without studying a lick and scored a 630. A 630 is not good at all for a Subject Test it put me in like the 60th percentile. The Literature questions are sooooo BS... I thought since I scored a 730 on the Reading section of the SAT I would able to do well on the Literature test but it didn't work out. My honest suggestion would be to avoid Literature and take the Math Level 2 Subject Test... Most schools really like to see the Math 2 Subject Test anyways even if they say "take any 2 Subject Tests."
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
630 is not good at all for a Subject Test it put me in like the 60th percentileTheOT_King
Not true. Everyone (or many, at least) take the SAT, so a 60th percentile score there is bad, but fewer take the SAT2s, meaning a 60th percentile in that is not bad at all. A 630 is a respectable score.
TheOT_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheOT_King
Member since 2005 • 6359 Posts
[QUOTE="TheOT_King"]630 is not good at all for a Subject Test it put me in like the 60th percentileDark__Link
Not true. Everyone (or many, at least) take the SAT, so a 60th percentile score there is bad, but fewer take the SAT2s, meaning a 60th percentile in that is not bad at all. A 630 is a respectable score.

It depends on what schools you are aiming for...
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
Take an ancient  or modern hisotry as well if possible.Both extremely easy
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark__Link"][QUOTE="TheOT_King"]630 is not good at all for a Subject Test it put me in like the 60th percentileTheOT_King

It depends on what schools you are aiming for...

I took the SAT a while back in 7th grade and got a 1150....Not bad
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
Good luck on your SATs