sailor moons return dawns, artwork inside

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25712 posts) -

we finally have our first picture of the new and improved sailormoon

isnt that just amazing. this is the first official artwork from the new series. time for the miniskirts to show those pretenders how to put on a show! their are still many unanswered questions about the content of the series or wether or not it will try to appeal to young children at all (its currently rumored that their will be an lesbian or bisexual scout and some may find that offensive or inappropriate for children under say 8yrs)

http://kotaku.com/first-glimpse-of-the-new-sailor-moon-anime-1546279034

i highly recommend other shows buckle down and prepare to take significant viewership losses when the queen comes back to her throne in july - august

#2 Edited by one_plum (6305 posts) -

Watched the first season of the anime when I was a kid. Though it's obviously targeted to a female audience, I've always liked the art style and the character variety.

#3 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23085 posts) -
@ionusX said:
its currently rumored that their will be an lesbian or bisexual scout

There was a lesbian couple in the previous series. I assume they will bring all of them back for this.

#4 Edited by ionusX (25712 posts) -

@f22_king_raptor: it was implied but never right in your face. i think the intent of this rumor is that it will be more up front; however we shall see. neptune and uranus don't really appear until later seasons than the 1st unless they really want to slap the original across the face.

#5 Edited by playmynutz (5925 posts) -

Hope they keep the intro song, slight remix is alright

#6 Posted by airshocker (28348 posts) -

Hahahahahaha.

#7 Posted by chessmaster1989 (28970 posts) -

Hahahahahaha.

^ Sailor Moon fan confirmed :P

#8 Posted by airshocker (28348 posts) -

@airshocker said:

Hahahahahaha.

I admit to nothing. Do your worst, Clint Eastwood.

#9 Posted by chessmaster1989 (28970 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@airshocker said:

Hahahahahaha.

Verdict: Guilty

Sentence: Deportation to the moon

Go join your sailor friends there!

#10 Posted by Sword-Demon (6872 posts) -

@ionusX said:

its currently rumored that their will be an lesbian or bisexual scout

IIRC, Uranus and Neptune had a pretty strong lesbian vibe.

#11 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9297 posts) -

i always hated Sailor Moon becuz it made me wait an hour before I could get to watch DBZ when i was a kid.

#12 Edited by airshocker (28348 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@airshocker said:

Hahahahahaha.

Verdict: Guilty

Sentence: Deportation to the moon

Go join your sailor friends there!

All of my hate.

#13 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

I've never actually seen any of the Sailor Moon series. Is it worth a watch?

#14 Edited by ionusX (25712 posts) -

@Trail_Mix: yes and no. its a very dated anime visually with concept art backgrounds and lots of nice orchestra music. it has solid (if dated) humor and its got some of the most heart wrenching moments in an anime to date (see "friend in wolfs clothing" as an example ). one drawback you should be aware of and many.. many people have issues with this one. the english translation of season 2 all the way to final season has one voice actor that will just make u cringe.

that would be miss stephanie lyn beard. if you live in canada and watched YTV as a kid you might know her as "sugar". she has an abnormally high pitched voice even for a girl and this has allowed her to play characters in other cartoons/anime series. the sailor moon she plays rini. she has also done voice acting in sons of butcher, and beyblade

i give you mrs sugar in beyblade as ming ming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHwGyezds3A

#15 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20803 posts) -

Lolz. Tuxedo Mask. Oh you!

#16 Posted by Storm_Marine (10766 posts) -

Watching this will make you lose Man Points.

#17 Posted by ionusX (25712 posts) -

@Storm_Marine: bu.. bu.. teh teh miniskirts! seriously here if it weren't for this show you wouldn't ever see a girl in a miniskirt, that should be illegal

#19 Edited by Jankarcop (8872 posts) -

looks like typical unwatchable anime shit.

#20 Posted by XilePrincess (13104 posts) -

I'm going to watch this (or at least give it a try) because I was a huge fan of Sailor Moon as a kid. But I have a feeling it's going to go the way of pokemon. I caught part of an episode of the new series this morning and I have to say it was the worst thing I've seen in a long, long time. It's not like the old stuff at all, and I feel like this is going to be the same thing.

#21 Posted by foxhound_fox (86981 posts) -

This was my guilty pleasure as a 12 year-old. Loved Sailor Jupiter.

#22 Posted by AcidTango (453 posts) -

I never cared for the show. It was way too girly. I mean I don't mind watching cartoons where the main heroes are female but Sailor Moon was not for me because of how girlish it was. But i guess It's great for the fans of the series that they are getting a new one.

#23 Edited by helwa1988 (2051 posts) -

ooooooooohhhhhh yeeeaaah!!!!! Been a fan of sailor moon since a kid. can't wait to see what they are going to do with the new series.

There were two lesbian characters in the original series. Sailor Pluto and sailor Neptune were a couple. It was only the US version did they make them cousins.