Russia threatened countries ahead of U.N. vote

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Russia threatened several Eastern European and Central Asian states with retaliation if they voted in favor of a United Nations General Assembly resolution this week declaring invalid Crimea's referendum on seceding from Ukraine, U.N. diplomats said.

The disclosures about Russian threats came after Moscow accused Western countries of using "shameless pressure, up to the point of political blackmail and economic threats," in an attempt to coerce the United Nations' 193 member states to join it in supporting the non-binding resolution on the Ukraine crisis.

According to interviews with U.N. diplomats, most of whom preferred to speak on condition of anonymity for fear of angering Moscow, the targets of Russian threats included Moldova, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan as well as a number of African countries.

A spokesman for Russia's Mission to the U.N. denied that Moscow threatened any country with retaliation if it supported the resolution, saying: "We never threaten anyone. We just explain the situation."

According to the diplomats, the Russian threats were not specific. But they said it was clear to the recipients of the warnings not to support the resolution that retaliatory measures could include steps such as expelling migrant workers from Russia, halting natural gas supplies or banning certain imports to Russia to cause economic harm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Russia needs to bully countries into supporting them. Another sign of Russia becoming more politically isolated.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

At first I could joke about it, now I'm just tire.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@Master_Live said:

What kind of tire?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58653 Posts

Putin the fear into them.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Master_Live

Fatigue. I just wish the story would just go away, also I'm a little annoyed at the thought Putin would even dare thinking about crossing into eastern Ukraine. Like dude, stop it, you got Crimea and pretty much nobody is gonna do nothing except sanctions, so take your winnings and go back to your palace. Perhaps he needs to be reminded about who won the Cold War.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

Please Russia isn't bullying anyone, they just explained that "It would be a shame is some armed 'pro-Russian' defense force poped up in their country, and peacefully took over their country with weapons."

You know that was meant to be a joke; however some of the people on this board who blindly follow the Russian State run news might see it that way.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
@deeliman said:

@Master_Live said:

What kind of tire?

This kind?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Master_Live

@ferrari2001 said:
@deeliman said:

@Master_Live said:

What kind of tire?

This kind?

I remember seeing the trailer for that movie at the theater, it was so WTF?

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

Is that the one where the tire blows everyone it comes into contact or something like that?