Russia reserves right to protect compatriots in Ukraine

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Russia said on Friday it reserved the right to protect compatriots in eastern Ukraine after clashes in the city of Donetsk in which one person was killed.The Foreign Ministry said Thursday's violence in the industrial city, where many people speak Russian, showed the Ukrainian authorities had lost control

.A 22-year-old man was stabbed to death in the clashes between pro-Russian protesters and a crowd favoring European integration and denouncing Russian forces' seizure of Ukraine's southern region of Crimea."Russia is aware of its responsibility for the lives of compatriots and fellow citizens in Ukraine and reserves the right to take people under its protection," the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.Implying the pro-Russian protesters were not to blame, the ministry said peaceful protesters had been attacked by right-wing groups armed with pneumatic guns and batons who arrived from other parts of Ukraine

.Witnesses, however, said the pro-Russian demonstrators threw eggs, smoke bombs and other missiles and broke through a police cordon to beat their opponents with batons.

So it seems Russia is after Eastern Ukraine as well

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

EU has drawn up list of 120-130 names for Russia sanctions

I wonder if this will deter Russia from also invading Eastern Ukraine.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Waiting for the Europeans, waiting.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I've been wondering what Russian-speaking ethnic Ukrainians support. Nonetheless Putin is being a giant asshole and if the international community just stands there with its thumb up its ass, then we're telling Russia that we don't give a crap if they violate the sovereignty of other nations and invade them.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

I've been wondering what Russian-speaking ethnic Ukrainians support. Nonetheless Putin is being a giant asshole and if the international community just stands there with its thumb up its ass, then we're telling Russia that we don't give a crap if they violate the sovereignty of other nations and invade them.

Obviously most ethnic Ukrainians support Ukraine and wants to remain part of Ukraine. Why is this even a question?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@themajormayor said:

@gamerguru100 said:

Obviously most ethnic Ukrainians support Ukraine and wants to remain part of Ukraine. Why is this even a question?

Because some of them may support their native language more? Who fucking knows.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

As far as I recall, one of the reasons Hitler invaded Poland was because Poles were persecuting Germans who lived there. Although there was some truth to this, it reminds me of Putin's actions today. Somebody needs to rupture that guy's anus with a genetically engineered giant cucumber.