Russia reserves right to protect compatriots in Ukraine

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2 Posted by deeliman (2358 posts) -
#3 Edited by Master_Live (14009 posts) -

Waiting for the Europeans, waiting.

#4 Posted by gamerguru100 (10461 posts) -

I've been wondering what Russian-speaking ethnic Ukrainians support. Nonetheless Putin is being a giant asshole and if the international community just stands there with its thumb up its ass, then we're telling Russia that we don't give a crap if they violate the sovereignty of other nations and invade them.

#5 Posted by themajormayor (25675 posts) -

I've been wondering what Russian-speaking ethnic Ukrainians support. Nonetheless Putin is being a giant asshole and if the international community just stands there with its thumb up its ass, then we're telling Russia that we don't give a crap if they violate the sovereignty of other nations and invade them.

Obviously most ethnic Ukrainians support Ukraine and wants to remain part of Ukraine. Why is this even a question?

#6 Posted by Reaper4278 (337 posts) -

I don't understand how anyone can buy into Putin's rationale for these actions. Hell, at least come up with something better than invading a country because some people who speak your language got beat up at a rally lol.

#7 Edited by gamerguru100 (10461 posts) -

@gamerguru100 said:

Obviously most ethnic Ukrainians support Ukraine and wants to remain part of Ukraine. Why is this even a question?

Because some of them may support their native language more? Who fucking knows.

#8 Edited by Hexagon_777 (20034 posts) -

As far as I recall, one of the reasons Hitler invaded Poland was because Poles were persecuting Germans who lived there. Although there was some truth to this, it reminds me of Putin's actions today. Somebody needs to rupture that guy's anus with a genetically engineered giant cucumber.