Russia bans swearing in films, theater, media, and arts

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/02/russia-bans-swear-words-in-films-theatre-the-media-and-arts/

Well, Russia is banning swearing to promote traditional values, apparently freedom of expression isn't one of those values. Hefty fines will be imposed on violators. This to me seems like it will run into issues in the future, as language is a living thing and varies from place to place and evolves with time. What might be profane to some demographic or region in Russia might not be to another, there's no fine line.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/25/a-new-level-of-idiocy-russia-considers-banning-high-heels-foreign-words-and-condom-ads/

Also being considered are such measures as to ban on sneakers and high heels, smoking for women under 40 and in the presence of children under 14, condom and pregnancy test advertising, and the use of foreign words. I've heard about Russian culture Nazis wanting to ban foreign words for years, like wanting to ban word "hot dog" or "pizza" because there's not an existing Russian word for it; thus the foreign word is borrowed, and this offends the cultural purists. Anyhow, they note that many of these crazy bills might not go through, but they also say that some may very well pass.

Agence France-Presse notes that such bills may be an effort to rally support from the middle age population and the Orthodox Church. They also note that the lawmakers have little else to do since they generally only pass major laws that are passed down from the Kremlin. Passing these ridiculous bills is all these lawmakers have to make a name for themselves, and they have an election coming up in 2016. They also note that Russian lawmakers are only doing what they believe Putin wants them to do.

Since Putin has taken power in Russia he's been quick to kill the ability for open, vocal, public dissent. That hasn't stopped the population from getting their punches in while they can. Lawmaker Elena Mizulina, who has been noted for promoting a lot of stupid and contentious bills, has become the subject of an online petition with over 100,000 petitioners asking that the Russia's Ministry of Health utilize it's top medical experts to have Elena Mizulina's mental health examined... well, it'd appear Russians aren't a completely void of humor; bravo.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Don't they pirate most of their media in Russia, anyways? Let me just say, there are no U.S. torrent sites that begin to remotely compare to the Russian torrent sites...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Russia is on a downwards spiral.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@toast_burner said:

They are near the bottom already. This is behaviour one would expect of the Soviet regime.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Meh the people will only stand for so much.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

1. you're probably right about freedom of expression not being a "traditional" Russian value. It seems that Russia has been an autocratic place for a long time, maybe it had a brief period of freedom after the Soviet Union fell and that time is coming to an end. Maybe Russia could've enjoyed more freedom if the Provisional Government had stayed in power and formed a democracy in 1917, but they were weak and collapsed and the Bolsheviks seized power.

2. 40 seems like such an odd age, I could see 18 or 21, but why forty.

3.Banning foreign loan words is pretty stupid, but Russia is not the only country where such an idea would take hold. Really though pretty much all major languages have some loan words from foreign languages.

4. I guess the logic behind banning high heels and sneakers is that they are Western. Maybe high heels are also seen in Russia as unladylike and unsafe.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

That's fucking bullshit

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whipassmt

how "hefty" are those fines?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Why is that a bad thing? You may not like it and you may feel that it goes against your own values and perception of liberty, but again the law does not target you. I personally find swearing in movies and shows humorous when done right of course, but if some people feel the opposite then so be it. If some people are feeling the need to promote traditional values then again so be it, whatever makes them sleep better at night. Its not like banning swearing in movies would undermine the quality of life for Russians or anything. I bet they have better things to worry about.

I know this may sound quite shocking to some of you, but there are cultures and peoples out there that do not share the same values of other- currently more dominant cultures. With that said, you may question the intentions and pretexts of that legislation, but that would be a different matter than questioning the legislation itself.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GazaAli

@whipassmt said:

My guess is that most women would have hit menopause by the time they reach the age of 40 so they wouldn't be able to conceive and bear babies. So the law would be a safety measure for unborn babies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

Why is that a bad thing? You may not like it and you may feel that it goes against your own values and perception of liberty, but again the law does not target you. I personally find swearing in movies and shows humorous when done right of course, but if some people feel the opposite then so be it. If some people are feeling the need to promote traditional values then again so be it, whatever makes them sleep better at night. Its not like banning swearing in movies would undermine the quality of life for Russians or anything. I bet they have better things to worry about.

I know this may sound quite shocking to some of you, but there are cultures and peoples out there that do not share the same values of other- currently more dominant cultures. With that said, you may question the intentions and pretexts of that legislation, but that would be a different matter than questioning the legislation itself.

If you don't like swearing don't watch films that contain swearing.

why am I not surprised you are ok with this? it seems you just hate people and will support anything that limits other peoples freedom.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whipassmt

@GazaAli said:

@whipassmt said:

My guess is that most women would have hit menopause by the time they reach the age of 40 so they wouldn't be able to conceive and bear babies. So the law would be a safety measure for unborn babies.

Maybe. I know Russia has a very low birth rate, (besides they lost millions of people between WWI, the Russian Civil War, Stalinism and WWII) and they want to get their population up if they are going to be a strong country.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

why am I not surprised you are ok with this? it seems you just hate people and will support anything that limits other peoples freedom.

Oh please, what is "you just hate people" supposed to mean in this instance? I never said that I support the law; instead, all that I said is that if Russians feel that the law is of expediency to them then so be it. I think I made it clear that I find swearing humorous.

I don't support something that supposedly limits people's freedom because I hate people. If I ever do that then it stems from a conviction that people have too much freedom, freedom that they neither honor nor deserve more often than not. If I ever do support such laws and decrees it is because in a specific instance the liberty in question appears to be pathological to me rather than conducive to goodness and utility.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

Oh please, what is "you just hate people" supposed to mean in this instance? I never said that I support the law; instead, all that I said is that if Russians feel that the law is of expediency to them then so be it. I think I made it clear that I find swearing humorous.

I don't support something that supposedly limits people's freedom because I hate people. If I ever do that then it stems from a conviction that people have too much freedom, freedom that they neither honor nor deserve more often than not. If I ever do support such laws and decrees it is because in that instance the liberty in question appears to be pathological to me rather than conducive to goodness and utility.

Do the Russian people support this law? I've met a lot of Russians and all of them except one swore more than anyone else I've ever met (the reason the person who didn't swear gave for not liking swearing was that way to many people swear in Russia)

This seems more like an attempt to force people to change than to help people.

Even if the majority of Russians did support it why would that make it ok? If the majority wanted to ban Islam would you also be defending that?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

I don't support something that supposedly limits people's freedom because I hate people. If I ever do that then it stems from a conviction that people have too much freedom, freedom that they neither honor nor deserve more often than not. If I ever do support such laws and decrees it is because in that instance the liberty in question appears to be pathological to me rather than conducive to goodness and utility.

Do the Russian people support this law? I've met a lot of Russians and all of them except one swore more than anyone else I've ever met (the reason the person who didn't swear gave for not liking swearing was that way to many people swear in Russia)

Even if the majority of Russians did support it why would that make it ok? If the majority wanted to ban Islam would you also be defending that?

I do not know if they support it or not. In case that they do not support it, then its up to them to change it, its not like I would attempt to coerce them into adopting this legislation or any other legislation for that matter. And let us not resort to anecdotes as this topic is still taking its first steps, way too early for that.

It wouldn't necessarily make it ok but it makes it their problem not anybody's else. And I wouldn't be defending the demand of a majority to ban Islam simply because I don't believe that Islam should be banned, exactly like I wouldn't defend a majority's demand to ban atheism. I'm not sure where you're getting to with this. I can see how a society would attempt to ban public profanity, but I can't see why a society would attempt to ban a belief or a lack of one.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#16 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@GazaAli said:

While I dislike limitations of freedom beyond corrigibility, you are correct. We are entitled to our opinions, but not the imposing of our will upon other cultures.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

I do not know if they support it or not. In case that they do not support it, then its up to them to change it, its not like I would attempt to coerce them into adopting this legislation or any other legislation for that matter. And let us not resort to anecdotes as this topic is still taking its first steps, way too early for that.

It wouldn't necessarily make it ok but it makes it their problem not anybody's else. And I wouldn't be defending the demand of a majority to ban Islam simply because I don't believe that Islam should be banned, exactly like I wouldn't defend a majority's demand to ban atheism. I'm not sure where you're getting to with this. I can see how a society would attempt to ban public profanity, but I can't see why a society would attempt to ban a belief or a lack of one.

So you defend Russia banning being openly gay but you wouldn't be ok with them banning being openly Muslim? That's completely hypocritical.

I don't believe you honestly are ok with this law. You seem like an incredibly hateful person who only defends stuff like this because you like harming people.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

meh. it's russia

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

So you defend Russia banning being openly gay but you wouldn't be ok with them banning being openly Muslim? That's completely hypocritical.

I don't believe you honestly are ok with this law. You seem like an incredibly hateful person who only defends stuff like this because you like harming people.

You seem to lack the comprehension skills to understand that there's a difference between supporting a belief, an opinion or a conviction and seeing the logic behind it. And you seem to lack the necessary intelligence to understand the difference that I illustrated for you in my last post.

What is so alien and outlandish about this law that makes it impossible for you to believe that someone may be ok with it or understand its rationale? For all I know most cultures look down on and condemn public profanity. Seriously stop for a moment and think about it. and I find it hilarious that this is what you think of me. You need to grow thicker skin my friend, and may be a pair of balls too.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

It seems Russian culture has always been defined by their governments and not the people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

You seem to lack the comprehension skills to understand that there's a difference between supporting a belief, an opinion or a conviction and seeing the logic behind it. And you seem to lack the necessary intelligence to understand the difference that I illustrated for you in my last post.

What is so alien and outlandish about this law that makes it impossible for you to believe that someone may be ok with it or understand its rationale? For all I know most cultures look down and condemn public profanity. Seriously stop for a moment and think about it. and I find it hilarious that this is what you think of me. You need to grow thicker skin my friend, and may be a pair of balls too.

And what is the logic behind it other than wanting to control the population? This is just like New Speak from 1984 (a book based on the actions of the soviet union) If you fail to see the connection this and all the other recent laws Russia has passed that infringe peoples rights to the authoritarian nature of the soviet union then you are incredibly stupid.

I don't think you are an irrational person just because of this. But the incredibly large amount of stupid and irrational things you have said before this.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 branketra

Let's refrain from ad hominem attacks, shall we?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@BranKetra said:

It's not ad hominem. This law is connected to all the other oppressive laws passed by Russia recently.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

What is so alien and outlandish about this law that makes it impossible for you to believe that someone may be ok with it or understand its rationale? For all I know most cultures look down and condemn public profanity. Seriously stop for a moment and think about it. and I find it hilarious that this is what you think of me. You need to grow thicker skin my friend, and may be a pair of balls too.

And what is the logic behind it other than wanting to control the population? This is just like New Speak from 1984 (a book based on the actions of the soviet union) If you fail to see the connection this and all the other recent laws Russia has passed that infringe peoples rights to the authoritarian nature of the soviet union then you are incredibly stupid.

I don't think you are an irrational person just because of this. But the incredibly large amount of stupid and irrational things you have said before this.

You kind of diverged from whatever we were discussing with this blathering and drivel. And you acknowledged your intellectual bankruptcy by resorting to ad hominem pitiful attacks and incivility. You may think what I provide in discussions is stupid and irrational but at least I offer something and it is up to the reader to decide whether it is of any value or not. You on the other hand has proven your inability to go beyond "Nay nay, liberty and freedom, do not touch, you are a bigot" platitudes and off-the-shelves.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

No fun allowed in other words.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GazaAli

@toast_burner said:

@BranKetra said:

It's not ad hominem. This law is connected to all the other oppressive laws passed by Russia recently.

I'm not sure you understand what ad hominem means. Besides, are you really that benevolent and altruistic of an individual that you get that excited and concerned about what you perceive as oppressive laws in Russia? You know, seeing how Russia and the UK are pretty much at the far ends of the planet. If that's the case then you have some peculiar priorities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@BranKetra said:

I'm not sure you understand what ad hominem means. Besides, are you really that benevolent and altruistic of an individual that you get that excited and concerned about what you perceive as oppressive laws in Russia? You know, seeing how Russia and the UK are pretty much at the far ends of the planet. If that's the case then you have some peculiar priorities.

An ad hominem attack would be something along the lines of "You didn't go to college so why should anyone listen to what you say"

Pointing out your complete lack of understanding of the situation in Russia and human rights when discussing Russia and human rights is not an ad hominem attack.

The reason I care so much about what happens in Russia is because like I said I know people from there. I've seen the pain and suffering that the government is causing to it's people.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 branketra

@toast_burner said:

@BranKetra said:

I was referring to messages in this thread.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Assuming this is true, I can't help to laugh at the irony that this is the country Edward Snowden chose to apply for asylum in over the fact that the US is supposedly against the rights of its citizens.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Russia has its insane conservative purists too it seems. Banning/limiting freedom of expression has always lead to great things.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

Way to pussify your country Russia. Not even black belt, bear slaying, eye laser shooting, country toppling president is manly enough to save you now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

Assuming this is true, I can't help to laugh at the irony that this is the country Edward Snowden chose to apply for asylum in over the fact that the US is supposedly against the rights of its citizens.

Snowden was stranded in Russia, he didn't decide to go there until it was a final option. Come on, that's basic stuff. If you're going to take a jab at him at least be accurate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts
@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@BranKetra said:

Not taking a side here, but you are acting like it is wrong to care for those who are oppressed by a dictator that acts as the president of Russia (yes he is a dictator). Should we have no remorse for the people of Syria or Iraq? Or the men and women that suffer in Sudan? That is what your logic is saying.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Well **** Russia then...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lamprey263

@Aljosa23 said:

@ad1x2 said:

Snowden was stranded in Russia, he didn't decide to go there until it was a final option. Come on, that's basic stuff. If you're going to take a jab at him at least be accurate.

yeah, I don't imagine Snowden would have leaked the info he leaked if he hated his home country, quite the opposite

he had to flee though because doing what he did would have meant spending the best years of his life in a small lonely prison cell, as fucked up as Russia is it sounds a lot better than that

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@toast_burner said:

there never was a good time in russian history, I like to say their historical motto is "It can't get worse, could it?" And then it does

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
@toast_burner said:

@GazaAli said:

@toast_burner said:

@BranKetra said:

An ad hominem attack would be something along the lines of "You didn't go to college so why should anyone listen to what you say"

Pointing out your complete lack of understanding of the situation in Russia and human rights when discussing Russia and human rights is not an ad hominem attack.

The reason I care so much about what happens in Russia is because like I said I know people from there. I've seen the pain and suffering that the government is causing to it's people.

Ah, the ad hominem...the most wrongly used fallacy on the internet. Thanks for using the correct definition.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I like it. Should bring some of that to the US.

Loading Video...

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

How can the people stand for this?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lamprey263

@JangoWuzHere said:

How can the people stand for this?

the current regime squashes dissent

but, like in the OP it's mentioned that the people of Russia get their licks in where they can, like the 100k+ petition demanding that one of their lawmakers responsible for numerous stupid bills be subjected to a mental health evaluation from the nations leading mental health experts

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@ad1x2 said:

yeah, I don't imagine Snowden would have leaked the info he leaked if he hated his home country, quite the opposite

he had to flee though because doing what he did would have meant spending the best years of his life in a small lonely prison cell, as fucked up as Russia is it sounds a lot better than that

Snowden chose Russia when he told the media to reveal his identity before he was in the country he actually wanted to apply for amnesty in. He had a top secret clearance and signed numerous nondisclosure agreements, so if his intention wasn't to be stuck in Russia it should have clicked somewhere in his noggin his passport would be pulled as soon as his identity was revealed.

Besides, he is a hero to a lot of people right now. If he stayed and faced trial his supporters would have probably raised millions to pay for a team of lawyers for him. The only thing that really screwed him over was he didn't stop with the domestic NSA programs. With those programs his lawyers could have argued that he felt they violated the Fourth Amendment and got a sympathetic jury to acquit him.

Where he screwed up is by showing the world how we tracked foreign countries as well as how we tracked insurgents in combat zones we currently have US troops deployed to. Foreign countries don't get protection under the US Constitution. His lawyers probably would have still got him a slap on the wrist because of Uncle Sam not wanting mass protests or even riots if they put him away for life or gave him the death penalty.

One more thing is the people who hate him the most aren't in Washington, D.C. They are in Silicon Valley, Washington state, and any other place with major tech companies. Companies in the US are estimated to lose billions over the leaks. Even Microsoft lost money over people who refused to buy the Xbox One not because they didn't have the money or thought it sucked but because they were convinced Kinect would send a 24 hour direct feed of their living room to the NSA.

Companies who sell VPNs are making a killing off of him, though. At least one company actually named one of their VPNs the "Edward Snowden Edition" to ride the scandal. Wonder if Snowden was offered any of the proceeds from the sales.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

it's not surprising that a stupid /pointless law has been passed under a totalitarian regime. also, it doesn't matter even if all of Russians are in favor of this; a law that goes against civil liberties is no law at all. every single crime against humanity has been committed under some kind of a law; that doesn't make it justified.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Sounds like Putin and Bloomberg would make a good pair. The health nazis, and the chronic banning nanny states, always leads to some form of fascism/tyrannical rule.

First they force seatbelts, then they ban fireworks, censor shit to protect the "children," ban smoking and affordable transportation to clean up the air, that leads to banning sugars, cholesterol, and finally meat, then they start banning what a select few find obscene. By the time they start telling us how to vote, the guns are gone.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Well..............Russia won't ever be known for it's films until this is repealed.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts

@toast_burner said:

So far from the truth. Russia's economy is based on natural resources and is in complete control of the gas pipelines that heat Europe during the Winter months. Russia is growing more powerful every day, but I don't expect a moron like you to make a thought based on reason and logic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@TruthTellers said:

@toast_burner said:

So far from the truth. Russia's economy is based on natural resources and is in complete control of the gas pipelines that heat Europe during the Winter months. Russia is growing more powerful every day, but I don't expect a moron like you to make a thought based on reason and logic.

Did I really need to specify that I was referring to it's society, not it's economics? You'd have to be incredibly stupid not to understand what I meant.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#48 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Russia is going back to the dark ages. Invading countries like Georgia, Chechnya and Ukraine and anti gay laws. It's going down the drain

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@GazaAli said:

Because freedom is a natural human right. It doesn't matter if some cultures do not share those values because those people aren't given a choice on the matter. Humanity will never progress while some portion of us are stuck living under totalitarian control.