Russell Brand calls Fox News’ Sean Hannity a 'terrorist'

#1 Edited by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V_m98GAdqKM

Now this Sean Hannity dude is something else, and I guess he holds the same opinion and attitude as a mojority of Americans. I may or may not agree with some of his views but it's the way he conducted himself in this debate that I mostly disagree with, he was aggressive right off the bat, arrogant rude childish ignorant, he could have conducted himself a bit more respectfully in IMO.

I kinda agree with Russels points about the situation between Israel and Gaza and the way Hannity conducted himself in the debate.

What do you think OT? Do you agree with Hannitys views and the way he behaved in that debate?

Or do you agree with Russels views and his analysis of Hannitys behavior?

#2 Edited by airshocker (30652 posts) -

Agree with Russell Brand? Wtf have you been smoking?

#3 Posted by airshocker (30652 posts) -

If Brand wants to be taken serious he should actually go on the show and go toe to toe against Hannity. This editing of a debate that he wasn't even a part of seems cowardly.

#4 Edited by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@airshocker: "If Brand wants to be taken serious he should actually go on the show and go toe to toe against Hannity. This editing of a debate that he wasn't even a part of seems cowardly"

Your kidding right did you not watch the link? Unless you are saying something Hannity wants to hear he cuts you off and starts insulting you, who would want to debate with a person who conducts themselves like that. You invite a guest on to your show to have an adult debate and behave like a spoilt child. No thanks.

#5 Posted by airshocker (30652 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

@airshocker: "If Brand wants to be taken serious he should actually go on the show and go toe to toe against Hannity. This editing of a debate that he wasn't even a part of seems cowardly"

Your kidding right did you not watch the link? Unless you are saying something Hannity wants to hear he cuts you off and starts insulting you, who would want to debate with a person who conducts themselves like that. You invite a guest on to your show to have an adult debate and behave like a spoilt child. No thanks

Yet editing out a debate where Hannity has no way to respond is somehow better? Why not write an op-ed against what Hannity said?

#6 Edited by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@airshocker: I just watched the the debate on the Fox website, nothing was edited out in Russell's video. That's just how Hannity really behaves.

#7 Posted by airshocker (30652 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

@airshocker: I just watched the the debate on the Fox website, nothing was edited out in Russell's video. That's just how Hannity really behaves.

I meant he edited the video of Hannity to interject himself into it. I never said he removed anything. It's cowardly. Either say something to someone's face or do so in a format that allows them to respond to you. Not this childish video.

#8 Posted by toast_burner (22225 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@xeno_ghost said:

I meant he edited the video of Hannity to interject himself into it. I never said he removed anything. It's cowardly. Either say something to someone's face or do so in a format that allows them to respond to you. Not this childish video.

Why aren't you saying this to his face then? Seems rather cowardly for you to talk about this on a forum where he can't respond to you.

#9 Posted by airshocker (30652 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@airshocker said:

@xeno_ghost said:

Why aren't you saying this to his face then? Seems rather cowardly for you to talk about this on a forum where he can't respond to you.

Not the same thing and you're a piece of shit for acting like it is. A celebrity has much more access to open up a dialogue with a fellow celebrity. Russell Brand's agent could easily call Hannity's agent and set up a debate on his show. What he's doing is intellectually dishonest by not giving Hannity a way to respond.

Now I'm sorry to burst your delusional bubble, but I don't have that kind of access.

#10 Edited by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@airshocker: "Either say something to someone's face or do so in a format that allows them to respond to you. Not this childish video"

Like I said dude why would you even bother trying to have a sensible discussion with the guy after the way he behaved in that debate Wtf are you smoking. I don't see what's childish and cowardly about it, the video is there for all to see, Hannity can respond to Brands video if he chooses.

#11 Posted by airshocker (30652 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

@airshocker: "Either say something to someone's face or do so in a format that allows them to respond to you. Not this childish video"

Like I said dude why would you even bother trying to have a sensible discussion with the guy after the way he behaved in that debate Wtf are you smoking. I don't see what's cowardly about it the video is there for all to see, Hannity can respond to Brands video if he chooses.

Because you can be the bigger person. That shows a hell of a lot more than this video did. Also, the fact that he called Hannity a terrorist is really absurd. I don't even know how you can defend something like that.

#12 Posted by toast_burner (22225 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@toast_burner said:

@airshocker said:

@xeno_ghost said:

Not the same thing and you're a piece of shit for acting like it is. A celebrity has much more access to open up a dialogue with a fellow celebrity. Russell Brand's agent could easily call Hannity's agent and set up a debate on his show. What he's doing is intellectually dishonest by not giving Hannity a way to respond.

Now I'm sorry to burst your delusional bubble, but I don't have that kind of access.

How is it not the same? So because unlike you he has a following that means he isn't allowed to share his views? This wasn't on his TV show, this was his personal youtube, all the videos on his channel are just him pointing a camera at his face and talking, why should he change the format just for this one subject? His channel isn't even that popular (still respectfully so but there are channels with much more subscribers) should no youtuber be allowed to share their views, or is it only when they have a media image outside of youtube that they aren't allowed to share their views?

And why are you so quick to insult me? Bad day at work?

#13 Posted by airshocker (30652 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@airshocker said:

@toast_burner said:

@airshocker said:

@xeno_ghost said:

How is it not the same? So because unlike you he has a following that means he isn't allowed to share his views? This wasn't on his TV show, this was his personal youtube, all the videos on his channel are just him pointing a camera at his face and talking, why should he change the format just for this one subject? His channel isn't even that popular (still respectfully so but there are channels with much more subscribers) should no youtuber be allowed to share their views, or is it only when they have a media image outside of youtube that they aren't allowed to share their views?

I just explained to you why it isn't the same. Read.

If you don't want to be met with hostility, don't act like a dick with me. That's exactly what you meant to do with your post so I returned the favor.

#14 Edited by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@airshocker: " I don't even know how you can defend something like that"

How can you defend a guy that conducts his debates like that on national telly? Resorts to insults because he can't control himself when someone has a different opinion to his.

#15 Edited by toast_burner (22225 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@toast_burner said:

@airshocker said:

If you don't want to be met with hostility, don't act like a dick with me. That's exactly what you meant to do with your post so I returned the favor.

Yes if he wanted to he might have been able to arrange an interview with him, but you haven't explained why he should have. It seems what you are saying is that because he has a tv show that means he shouldn't be allowed to casually make video vlogs and upload them to the internet. So freedom of speech is limited to how many people listen to you? And why did you not address the part that this is just a small channel he does in his free time. If a youtube channel has more subscribers than him (which many do) should they also not be allowed to share their opinions?

How was I acting like a dick? So disagreeing with you makes me a dick? Are you sure you're ok?

#16 Posted by airshocker (30652 posts) -

@toast_burner: I don't have to explain why he should have to. The only thing I had to do was show why it's not the same thing. I did just that.

If you don't want me to be combative with you, don't be ornery with me in the future. Whether you intended to or not you were and I responded in kind.

#17 Posted by toast_burner (22225 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@toast_burner: I don't have to explain why he should have to. The only thing I had to do was show why it's not the same thing. I did just that.

If you don't want me to be combative with you, don't be ornery with me in the future. Whether you intended to or not you were and I responded in kind.

You do realise that celebrities are still human? They are entitled to an opinion just like you are.

How am I being rude to you? Have a quick rest, come back later and then reply. You're clearly stressed out by something.

#18 Edited by airshocker (30652 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

You do realise that celebrities are still human? They are entitled to an opinion just like you are.

How am I being rude to you? Have a quick rest, come back later and then reply. You're clearly stressed out by something.

Who is saying they shouldn't be allowed to express themselves? I'm merely saying he's a coward for expressing it in such a childish way.

I'm not stressed. I replied to your OP the way I did because it was ornery. If you simply disagreed with what I said you should have said just that, not parroted what I said in an attempt to get a rise out of me.

#19 Posted by Jacanuk (5160 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V_m98GAdqKM

Now this Sean Hannity dude is something else, and I guess he holds the same opinion and attitude as a mojority of Americans. I may or may not agree with some of his views but it's the way he conducted himself in this debate that I mostly disagree with, he was aggressive right off the bat, arrogant rude childish ignorant, he could have conducted himself a bit more respectfully in IMO.

I kinda agree with Russels points about the situation between Israel and Gaza and the way Hannity conducted himself in the debate.

What do you think OT? Do you agree with Hannitys views and the way he behaved in that debate?

Or do you agree with Russels views and his analysis of Hannitys behavior?

Russell Brand have been smoking one to many of his stash of funny tobacco.

But with that said both are being equally as moronic.

#20 Posted by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@Jacanuk: "But with that said both are being equally as moronic"

How was Russel being equally moronic?

#21 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@toast_burner said:

@airshocker said:

@toast_burner said:

@airshocker said:

@xeno_ghost said:

Yeah people like him is why I wish they would make it so we could use ad-block to block users that troll and constantly try to annoy the other users. That is one feature I loved about the old layout. I had like 10 people on my blocked list and it greatly improved my experience here. You should do as I do and just ignore him and never respond to him.

#22 Posted by aliens1234 (2922 posts) -

I think fans of Hannity only understand things in absolutes, the idea of nuance or differing opinion can be hard for them to comprehend. Brand isn't hosting an interview, he's giving an opinion. Also, he said that one of the characteristics of terrorism was using "intimidation to reach your goals", he compared that quality to Hannity when he said he was behaving like a terrorist.

#23 Posted by airshocker (30652 posts) -

@aliens1234 said:

I think fans of Hannity only understand things in absolutes, the idea of nuance or differing opinion can be hard for them to comprehend. Brand isn't hosting an interview, he's giving an opinion. Also, he said that one of the characteristics of terrorism was using "intimidation to reach your goals", he compared that quality to Hannity when he said he was behaving like a terrorist.

And that's not the definition of terrorism. Terrorism is "the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal." -SOURCE

#24 Edited by LordQuorthon (5384 posts) -

The adventures of Airshocker. Awww. <3

#25 Edited by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@Jacanuk: sitting on the fence hey? :P

#26 Posted by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@airshocker: "And that's not the definition of terrorism"

Aliens123/Brand never said that that was the sole definition of terrorism, he simply said that was one of the charactristics of terrorism.

#27 Posted by Fire_Wa11 (576 posts) -

I am no fan of Sean Hannity, but Russel Brandt is semi-talented at best. He comes off as someone struggling to stay in Hollywood, short of waiting tables.

#28 Posted by CimmerianSpace (8 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

Your kidding right did you not watch the link? Unless you are saying something Hannity wants to hear he cuts you off and starts insulting you, who would want to debate with a person who conducts themselves like that. You invite a guest on to your show to have an adult debate and behave like a spoilt child. No thanks.

This i would love to see Russel Brand live vs Hannity, he would destroy him!! Brand has hosted many a chat show and has razor sharp sense of humour. They he would too, so it will never happen.

#29 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

your asking me to choose between an anti-establishment revisionist demagogue vs a right wing revisionist absolutist blow hard.

I'll pass.

#30 Edited by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@Fire_Wa11: I didn't really ask how you think Brands hollywood career is going but thanx any way buddy :P

#31 Edited by Jacanuk (5160 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

@Jacanuk: "But with that said both are being equally as moronic"

How was Russel being equally moronic?

You mean Sean Hannity?

But he is being a moron for engaging in a schoolyard fight with someone who clearly isn't mentally all there maybe because of some substance abuse. So he as a mature adult should be able to see it for what it is and not engage.

#32 Posted by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@SaudiFury: "your asking me to choose between an anti-establishment revisionist demagogue vs a right wing revisionist absolutist blow hard"

"I'll pass"

I'm not askin you which one you would vote for President, I'm asking if you agree with Hannitys' views and the way he conducted himself in the debate or do you agree with Russell's views and comments about Hannity. But feel free to not have an opinion.

#33 Posted by comp_atkins (31728 posts) -

i've listened to a LOT of hannity over the past few weeks on XM on a long road trip and he is fucking terrible. even the few times i agree with what he's saying he comes off as a complete dick. why anyone would bother going onto his show amazes me. one of the things i noticed listening consecutive days in a row is that he makes the same tired arguments over and over again as if they were new. you can almost hear the talking points paper being shuffled around on his desk. he'll interview guests who are being very reasonable and trying to engage in an adult conversation and immediately try to turn it into a political argument all while saying "i'm not trying to turn this into a political argument"... it's completely ridiculous.

#34 Posted by DrKillByDeath84 (376 posts) -

Russell Brand is a douchnozzle, who the fuck dumps Katy Perry, dem titties.

#35 Posted by uninspiredcup (10079 posts) -

@Fire_Wa11 said:

I am no fan of Sean Hannity, but Russel Brandt is semi-talented at best.

His rise is baffling. From big brother campy presenter, to Hollywood movies. Seriously, every movie Russel Brand is in, he's fucking Russel Brand.

And now all of a sudden he's this, cool youth current events icon.

Wut.

#36 Edited by mattbbpl (10768 posts) -

Do most Americans share Hannity's views and attitude?

Hannity (at least his television/radio persona) is confrontational to the point of being difficult to listen to, and he relies on the heavy use of logical fallacies to make his points. I know a couple people similar to him in some ways, but I can thankfully say they're in the minority of my personal acquaintances.

#37 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4104 posts) -

I don't know anything about Russell, but hannity is about as stupid as you can get.

#38 Edited by Jacanuk (5160 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@Fire_Wa11 said:

I am no fan of Sean Hannity, but Russel Brandt is semi-talented at best.

His rise is baffling. From big brother campy presenter, to Hollywood movies. Seriously, every movie Russel Brand is in, he's fucking Russel Brand.

And now all of a sudden he's this, cool youth current events icon.

Wut.

You dont think his sudden rise to fame have a slight thing to do with his marriage to a certain pop superstar.

Dont worry now that the marriage is over Brand will vanish as fast as the fart you just let out while reading this ;)

#39 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7858 posts) -

@SaudiFury said:

your asking me to choose between an anti-establishment revisionist demagogue vs a right wing revisionist absolutist blow hard.

I'll pass.

Agreed. A third option exists where both parties are bafoons.

#40 Posted by Master_Live (15297 posts) -

I don't care for Brand and I don't listen to Hannity.

#41 Posted by Doozie78 (415 posts) -

Sweet propaganda Shawn...wonder how many useful idiots fall for it.

#42 Edited by Nuck81 (5875 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@xeno_ghost said:

You're a stupid dumbass.

Hannity did respond, with a 7 minute segment on his show where he had two other guests including himself trashing Brand.

Educate yourself

#43 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29606 posts) -

Looks like Russell Brand and Sean Hannity have something in common - they're both fvcktards.

#44 Edited by airshocker (30652 posts) -

@Nuck81 said:

@airshocker said:

@xeno_ghost said:

You're a stupid dumbass.

Hannity did respond, with a 7 minute segment on his show where he had two other guests including himself trashing Brand.

Educate yourself

Come on man...did you really just try and call me a stupid dumbass and then tell me to educate myself? Do you not see how ridiculous that statement is?

#45 Posted by Nuck81 (5875 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@Nuck81 said:

@airshocker said:

@xeno_ghost said:

You're a stupid dumbass.

Educate yourself

Come on man...did you really just try and call me a stupid dumbass and then tell me to educate myself? Do you not see how ridiculous that statement is?

Are you trying to say that you're such a dumbass there is no way for you to be educated?

#46 Posted by airshocker (30652 posts) -

@Nuck81 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nuck81 said:

@airshocker said:

@xeno_ghost said:

You're a stupid dumbass.

Educate yourself

Are you trying to say that you're such a dumbass there is no way for you to be educated?

Are you trying to defend yourself after that grammatical butchery we just witnessed? Please stop. :lol:

#47 Edited by Nuck81 (5875 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@Nuck81 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nuck81 said:

@airshocker said:

@xeno_ghost said:

You're a stupid dumbass.

Educate yourself

Are you trying to defend yourself after that grammatical butchery we just witnessed? Please stop. :lol:

Dumbass

#48 Edited by airshocker (30652 posts) -

I'm not the one that used stupid dumbass in a sentence. ROFL.

And then, to top it all off, told the person to get educated. LMFAO

#49 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3529 posts) -

Hannity is a cancer and Brand is 100% right, he knocked it out of the park. Who would've figured Brand for a well articulated person. Lol at anyone who would defend Hannity in this case.

#50 Posted by comp_atkins (31728 posts) -

@mattbbpl said:

Do most Americans share Hannity's views and attitude?

Hannity (at least his television/radio persona) is confrontational to the point of being difficult to listen to, and he relies on the heavy use of logical fallacies to make his points. I know a couple people similar to him in some ways, but I can thankfully say they're in the minority of my personal acquaintances.

jesus no. it's just the political commentary / discussion in this country has fallen to the point where the loudest, most-willing-to-say-idiotic things to a camera bafoons are the ones a audiences respond to. not because they wholly agree with them, but because it's entertainment.