Rumor: Female Robin in SvB:Dawn of Justice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Noooooooooooo why are they doing millers story so soon. Dammit I wanted to see grayson. Hope it stays a rumor though. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138106-Jenna-Malone-Rumored-For-Robin-In-Batman-V-Superman-Dawn-Of-Justice

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

And this is why we fail. If you need to cater to females then do Bat-girl.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Blame Zack Snyder. Except 300 didn't like any of his movies. The only part I enjoyed in MOS was the action scenes.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58927 Posts
@Gamerno6666 said:

@Master_Live said:

Blame Zack Snyder. Except 300 didn't like any of his movies. The only part I enjoyed in MOS was the action scenes.

Zack Snyder is ridiculously close to the source material pretty much all the time. I would argue the crap elements of MOS is primarily due to Nolan, they have his fingerprints all over them. Melancholy? Check. Terrible female characters? Check. Zero romance chemistry? Check.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

@Master_Live said:

Zack Snyder is ridiculously close to the source material pretty much all the time. I would argue the crap elements of MOS is primarily due to Nolan, they have his fingerprints all over them. Melancholy? Check. Terrible female characters? Check. Zero romance chemistry? Check.

Considering Nolan didn't write the script, nor direct or edit, I'd be hard pressed to blame much, if anything, in 'Man of Steel' on him.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@Master_Live said:

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintLeonidas

@indzman said:

@Master_Live said:

Nothing about this is "catering" to females. Moronic to even assume as much. It is widely known that Snyder is drawing inspiration for Batman from the Miller story, which is where this female Robin is from.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@indzman said:

@Master_Live said:

Instead they should cater to you two?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uninspiredcup  Online

@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

@Master_Live said:

Considering Nolan didn't write the script, nor direct or edit, I'd be hard pressed to blame much, if anything, in 'Man of Steel' on him.

Christopher Nolan was the producer, as well as came up with the story with his long standing cohort David S Goyer. He oversaw everything pretty much.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

@Master_Live said:

Christopher Nolan was the producer, as well as came up with the story with his long standing cohort David S Goyer. He oversaw everything pretty much.

Producers are the money people. They aren't the day to day crew working a movie.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 uninspiredcup  Online

@LJS9502_basic said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

@Master_Live said:

Producers are the money people. They aren't the day to day crew working a movie.

A producer is a matriarch that makes sure everything isn't fucked up as it goes along, as well as the finished product. A producer doesn't even need to be on set to have authoritative power.

Christopher Nolan is a bad person.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

@Master_Live said:

A producer is a matriarch that makes sure everything isn't fucked up as it goes along, as well as the finished product. A producer doesn't even need to be on set to have authoritative power.

...yeah, no. Goyer has already stated in interviews that it was a stretch to even say Nolan shared story credit, because Nolan just threw around some ideas, but Goyer wrote all drafts of the actual scripts. And no, producers don't have as much say on a film as you claim. And they have NOTHING to do with the issues you said 'Man of Steel' had. Especially someone like Nolan, who has his own projects to work on.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 uninspiredcup  Online
@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

@Master_Live said:

Nolan just threw around some ideas

Exactly. Fingerprints.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@uninspiredcup said:
@SaintLeonidas said:

Nolan just threw around some ideas

Exactly. Fingerprints.

Right, yes, because the entire tone of a film, the writing of the female characters, and the chemistry between leads is all the result of "fingerprints"...I don't think you know how film production, or films in general, work.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

How many characters are they going to put in this movie? It's getting a little out of hand.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SaintLeonidas

@ferrari2001 said:

How many characters are they going to put in this movie? It's getting a little out of hand.

Too many. DC is trying to play catch up. They're rushing to get the 'Justice League' film out, but because they don't want to wait like Marvel and release a bunch of stand alone films first, they seem to be looking to introduce everyone in this. I have little faith that it will be anything but a total disaster.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 uninspiredcup  Online

@ferrari2001 said:

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

If Ben Affleck's Batman is loosely based on the Dark Knight Returns version of the character then it would make sense to use a female Robin. Granted, it is only an inspiration based on Zack Snyder's words, but this, along with Affleck being in his 40s make it close to the source material.

Of course, with Carrie Kelly being in her early teens and Jena Malone being 29 that would be a huge age gap from the source material if casting rumors are true. Almost reminds me of how in the first four Dead or Alive games Ayane was 16 but they casted 31-year old Natassia Malthe for the movie role.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Are you saying there are only 2 characters or are you seconding my post? You have batman, superman, robin, wonderwoman, cyborg, Aquaman, Lex Luthor, new Alfred. How do you have time to cover all the backstories for that many characters?

JyePhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JyePhye
Member since 2004 • 6173 Posts

Hot.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@uninspiredcup: "Christopher Nolan is a bad person."

Dafuq? How did you come up with that notion? Even if he was responsible of every aspect of Man of Steel making bad movies doesn't make him (or anyone else) a bad person.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

That hasn't really been confirmed yet. The girl rumored will be in the movie, it just hasn't been confirmed what role. With all the changes marvel has made I am sure there is some truth to this. wouldn't mind, Robin was never that great in the first place.