Roommates from Hell. What's your story?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

If you're in collage, getting ready to move out of your parents/guardians the first thing comes to mind is, do you need a roommate to help pay half the bills? Well anyways, while I was still in collage, I had my first and only roommate worst one yet which was a girl who was just trashy and lazy. during our winter break, she didn't even bother to clean up the garbage in her room as I was cleaning up my room and the kitchen before we leave the apartment. When we came back, our apartment was taking over by ants and other critters. Had to call the Exterminator and went to an hotel for one week. Well that's my story, anybody have any interesting roommate stories?

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#2 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

Had to sleep with a guy twice my size, super agressive who snored louder as a lawn mower that is mating with a powerdrill

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Never had a roommate, except my grandma when I was a kid and she stayed the weekend.

@dylandr
: Was the sex nice at least?

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dylandr

@korvus: i gave him no mercy!

lube is for noobs!

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I never had a roommate, not even at home. I always wanted one though.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I live in a shared house and there were 6 of us. One person didn't do their dishes, one person horded all of the dishes is their room, no one cleaned their hairs from the shower drain, no one took out the garbage. I did all of it. I took pictures, logs...evidence. When the landlord came back they were all kicked out. Got some new ones now and so far so good. It's just common sense and common courtesy....

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dylandr

@Iszdope: is that why you have 2nd degree murder on your name?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I was going to have a roommate, but it didn't work out. His finances weren't in order, so I never had a roommate. I think it was for the best. I'm a bit of an introvert and not having anyone at the apartment allowed me to get away from everything.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dylandr

@YearoftheSnake5: having your own place is awesome c:

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@dylandr said:

Had to sleep with a guy twice my size, super agressive who snored louder as a lawn mower that is mating with a powerdrill

So no major problems from him other then the snoring?

@GazaAli said:

I never had a roommate, not even at home. I always wanted one though.

Then you are lucky that you didn't find a roommate unless you really, really need to.

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

I was going to have a roommate, but it didn't work out. His finances weren't in order, so I never had a roommate. I think it was for the best. I'm a bit of an introvert and not having anyone at the apartment allowed me to get away from everything.

My part was that I was still in collage at the time and I was working at a restaurant with petty pay so I needed a roommate to help pay half the bills. Living by yourself is for the best part until you got married.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@davillain- said:

My part was that I was still in collage at the time and I was working at a restaurant with petty pay so I needed a roommate to help pay half the bills. Living by yourself is for the best part until you got married.

Yeah, that's rough. You made it, though. :)

What did you major in?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@YearoftheSnake5 said:
@davillain- said:

Yeah, that's rough. You made it, though. :)

What did you major in?

I was in nursing collage to become a nurse back in 2007.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dylandr

@davillain-: Although this i thought you'd be more of a women studies man

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@dylandr: Na, that never came to my mind. I wanted a better career where I can help people.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dylandr

@davillain-: I say you 4 president, best way to help people and a decent pay c:

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I never had a bad roommate. The worst I had to deal with was a couple of guys freshman year of college who were obsessed with Star Wars and this was before the prequels or animated series. I like Star Wars but not everything in life relates to Star Wars.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

I'd say about 50% of my roommates have been slobs. One would let his dishes pile up so high it rendered the sink unusable. Another didn't finish moving in (with boxes and extra furniture stored in the common area) until after I moved out. And the worst is another roommate who basically spent the night in crack dens and brought bed bugs into the apartment, that was a nightmare.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

We had a female lodger who used/ate our stuff and tried to hide it, barely spoke to us, had a room so messy you could smell it in the hall and who had noisy sex in the middle of the night/morning (talking 2, 3, 4am). Thankfully our current lodger and the guy who stayed with us between the two have been really nice. It's stressful living with someone who does your head in!

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
@bulby_g said:

We had a female lodger who used/ate our stuff and tried to hide it, barely spoke to us, had a room so messy you could smell it in the hall and who had noisy sex in the middle of the night/morning (talking 2, 3, 4am). Thankfully our current lodger and the guy who stayed with us between the two have been really nice. It's stressful living with someone who does your head in!

Who would have sex with such a creature? If the room isn't just messy but unhygienic as well, surely personal hygiene isn't a priority for such a creature.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
@thegerg said:

One roommate I had back in the day was pretty much worthless. We were renting an old house with gas heat, so we had to keep fuel in the tank to stay warm. For work I was travelling a lot at the time, and during this particular incident I was half-way across the country for a few weeks in the middle of winter. She calls me and says the fuel tank is empty, and I need to have the co-op refill it because she doesn't have the money to pay them. Well, that also means she doesn't have the money to pay me. So I have to call them and pay about $500 for heating fuel that she's going to burn while I'm out of town for the next month.

My job, a few months later, was going to be sending me overseas for a while. We still had 4 months left on the lease, but my employer would be paying me a housing allowance to cover it and I had no problem just moving out and paying what I still owed on the contract. Well, she left town for 2 weeks and the fuel tank (again) ran empty. She returned to the house to find that the pipes had frozen and burst. The kitchen ceiling, upstairs bathroom floor, contents of the bathroom, and a few hundred gallons of water were spread throughout the house. She sent me an email describing the situation telling me I need to do something, packed her shit, and moved to the beach. I was then sued by the landlord for destroying a house that I hadn't been in for months, and for the rent that my ex-roommate failed to pay when she left.

What happened next? You got sued, and? Surely your roommate was liable for all that nonsense. Did you ever get paid back?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

A few times long time ago, and it was always horrible.. never ever again.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@thegerg: That really sucks. Were you able to do anything about your situation?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

I've really only ever had one "bad" roommate. I already had a roommate at the time, my first apartment out of college. We had a mutual friend who was hard on his luck and we let him crash on our couch. He got a job but stayed on our couch for 2 or 3 months without kicking in money for rent/utilities.

My existing roommate in that situation had an even worse pair of roommates right before we moved in together. Him and two other guys moved in to an apartment. Two or three weeks after they first moved in, he had to travel for a week for work. He gets back from his week long work trip to find out that the other two guys got them evicted while he was out of town. So he comes back from a week long trip to find out he had nowhere to stay.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@dylandr said:

There's one thing I just HATE and can't ignore or sleep no matter how hard I try.... and that's snoring. Should of asked for somebody's keys and slept in their car.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I think I heard my roommates had sex one time, that's about it

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

@Hexagon_777 said:
@bulby_g said:

Who would have sex with such a creature? If the room isn't just messy but unhygienic as well, surely personal hygiene isn't a priority for such a creature.

I know right? I believe it was mostly if not always the same guy who also ended up as her boyfriend eventually. Didn't really know the guy well but perhaps he is of equal creature standing... She seemed a nice enough person outside of having to live with her though haha. I guess it's harder to gloss over your true colours when you're sharing a house with people.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I was a dorm rat at one time when I was younger. I didn't have bad roommates, just weird ones. One guy had the habit of bringing whatever his girlfriend for the week was. I'd often wake up at 3 am because of his bed squeaking and the guy next door banging on the wall (telling them to be quiet).

The roommate before him had a habit of washing his hands every few minutes and taking Polaroid shots of the toilet after he took a dump. He'd then take the Polaroid photos and tape them to his locker door. Some had captions such as "recordbreaker!"

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@davillain-: My first roommate in college was an overweight sociopath who lied about literally every aspect of his life, which was the least of my concerns seeing that he showered three times in the five months I lived with him, DID NOT OWN A TOOTHBRUSH, made the room smell like actual sewage, and worst of all (and I *can't* make this shit up), he regularly wrote incredibly poorly written erotic fiction starring himself.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I've had some bad room mates. 'Couple of hippies and a mean drunk.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts

same story as always, borrow shit and use your stuff without asking, use your laundry detergent and razor blades and other things that cost money they don't go out and get on their own, steel your change or cash, snoop through your stuff

so, to avoid that kind of stuff, I go out and buy my own door nob with it's own key lock so nobody can get into my shit, and they act offended

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#36 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts

Never had room mate these stories sound horrible.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I would never live with another human being.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dylandr

@BattleSpectre said:
@dylandr said:

There's one thing I just HATE and can't ignore or sleep no matter how hard I try.... and that's snoring. Should of asked for somebody's keys and slept in their car.

The problem was, there was no car around ~n~ after about one week i told him to: Or seek medical atention or gtfo as i would make him sit on a cactus (although if you saw him you'd say i was suicidal it worked)

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

Lived with a chronic masturbator my freshman year. A bunch of my male and female friends walked in on him throughout the first semester, but he kept masturbating in the common room anyway.

thecoolhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thecoolhh
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

Man one of my roommates in college was the worst lol. He was dating this girl long distance and everyday they were talking to each other on the phone. From morning to night and every hour in between. I would constantly get woken up around 5am from this dude talking to his girlfriend. What is even worse is that they would get in fights and my roommate would go cry in the bathroom for hours lmao. Super annoying when I was rooming with him but looking back on it now it makes me laugh.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

I've had a number of weird/funny roommates, but I've only had one roommate that I hated. He was a giant slob who never did even the most basic chores like dishes or taking our garbage. After putting up with him all year, me and one other roommate (this was a house with 5 people in it) stayed behind at the end of the semester to clean up, at which point the power went out and we learned that he had not once paid his one utility bill (electricity) all year. I had to pay to have it reconnected (along with back payments), finish cleaning up to get our deposit, and then drive halfway across the state to get the rest of money he owed me (plus gas money to drive across the state).

What a pig.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BattleSpectre

@dylandr said:
@BattleSpectre said:
@dylandr said:

The problem was, there was no car around ~n~ after about one week i told him to: Or seek medical atention or gtfo as i would make him sit on a cactus (although if you saw him you'd say i was suicidal it worked)

Well, glad it worked out for you. Sometimes even if it seems rude you need to tell people these things.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@BattleSpectre said:
@dylandr said:
@BattleSpectre said:
@dylandr said:

Well, glad it worked out for you. Sometimes even if it seems rude you need to tell people these things.

There's no shame in that. Your just being honest about telling someone that your snoring is loud and please don't do it again.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BattleSpectre

@davillain-: Heh true, but it may be a little more deep then please don't do it again. If anything they'll need medical attention if they wish to resolve the issue, or better yet sleep somewhere where people can't hear you snore. Hmm, I wonder if I snore..

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

I'll take a slob, over some guy with severe ocd and violent mood swings, any day. It wasn't even like the guy was clean, he had to have everything in a certain position, in a certain spot, or he would totally freak out. Eventually it got to the point where he was encroaching on everyone's private space and we had the land lord evict him and we split his share of expenses.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#46 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

I have two that come to mind.

The first was a fat, hairy, smelly slob. He'd let his dishes pile for months, until you could smell the stagnant water from anywhere in the room. He ate tons and tons of fast food, and would let all the paper bags, cups, and wrappers fill our living space. He'd also leave dozens of tubs of ice cream in the bathroom, which I think I still have a picture of somewhere. He snored like a machine gun, and the farts he cracked in his sleep were like bombs going off.

The other would play video games all night and scream at the tv for hours. He'd.. usually.. be quiet if me and the other roommates asked him nicely. Though having to ask him every freaking night got tiring as hell.

I'm still friends with both of them too. Not bad guys at all when you're not living with them.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

A little back story: I was in the the Marines for 8 years and I got medically discharged. I also have been practicing martial arts my whole life focusing on Kenpo Karate and both Japanese and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. ( I am going to start training in Shotokan Karate soon.

Anyways, a few years ago I lived in a really nice 1.5 million dollar house in Santa Barbara. It was the kind of house that the owner should have never been renting out, but he did so anyway. (it was way too nice to rent to college students) I was sharing the master bedroom with another person and he had two dogs. The dogs were filthy and he never washed them. I lived there for about 4 months and then we started clashing heads. One of his buddies moved into the garage and all the roommates decided that the guy with the dogs (even his friend in the garage) needed to go. Apparently he owed the land lord about $2800 and him and our other roommate was on the lease. The owner evicted one of them (the guy with the dogs) and the guy who was living in the garage stayed there, but he became the new acting land lord. For a few months it was awesome and on weekends we would have some pretty nice parties. Then one night when we were drinking we were playing heavy stakes beer pong- about $150 a game. He lost to me and he started making and changing the rules. He exclaimed that he would never pay me and after that I never really saw him in the same light again because I realized that he was not only shady, but a big time manipulator. One night we were having a party for my friend who was moving to Thailand for 3 months. We were playing beer pong and this guy lost 3 times in a row because of death cup (when you make the ball into their beer cup that they were suppose to drink). He kept refusing to get off of the table until my friends forced him off. He then started talking some serious trash to me in front of my friends and I told him that he needed to stop and that I thought he was a cool guy so I was going to give him a pass. He got in my face, started talking even more trash and he then put his hands on me so I headbutted him. Our relationship changed drastically and we never hung out together after that. He eventually came up to me and apologized saying that he was in the wrong. Things started to be somewhat normal, but he started doing hardcore drugs and bringing really shady people over to our house ( I am talking about meth, LSD and oxycontin). By this point I had my own room, and my room was connected to a Jack and Jill bathroom with my other roommate who was never home. My other roommate always kept his room locked so the only way into that bathroom was through my room. I had an unofficial agreement with my roommate living in the garage (the land lord) that he could use my bathroom, but only when I was either home, only with my permission and it had to be before 9PM. He had all of his druggie friends over one night and at 4AM in the morning they were still partying. I ignored my phone because he said he wanted his friends to use my bathroom which I wasn't okay with (there were other bathrooms, but I guess he didn't have access to them). He banged on my door for about an hour and sent me threatening messages that if I didn't respond he was going to have me evicted. Then he jumped through my window and broke my screen in the process. I gave him so many rights, he was praying for a left and he broke California tenant laws in the process because by law he has to give 24 hours notice in advance if he wants to get into my room. A few days later he handed me an eviction letter saying that I was too much of a party guy and the other roommates didn't want me there. (which was nonsense because our other roommates were out about 90% of the time because they were grad students) I moved which wasn't a big deal and I left some very important stuff in the garage. I asked him if I could leave that stuff in the garage and pick it up at a later day, he said there was no problem with that. Then a couple weeks later when I tried to get my stuff he called the cops and had me removed from the property. The cops said legally I couldn't do anything and I had to settle the matter in court. To make matters even worse, he took my entire $800 deposit and claimed that I owed him an additional $800 for repairs. I sued him and we went back and fourth for about a year before finally settling out of court. I said I would drop lawsuit if I could get my stuff back (which was much more valuable than $800). It was one of the biggest nightmares I had ever had with a roommate and I have had some terrible roommates.