Roll Call: The New Forums are here edtion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by ninjastar (9496 posts) -

Looking at this is giving me a headache.

#152 Posted by Pirate700 (46461 posts) -

So are there no smilies on this new forum?

#153 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15620 posts) -

Emoti(c)ons are for the weak.

#154 Posted by Pirate700 (46461 posts) -

@Pirate700 said:

Emoti(c)ons are for the weak.

booo...

#155 Edited by dave123321 (33324 posts) -

loving this new design

#156 Edited by dave123321 (33324 posts) -
#157 Posted by double_decker (145768 posts) -

Hello everyone, hope all is going well with everyone. :) Hopefully in time a lot of the forum features we liked are added back once the transition is more fully completed.

#158 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15620 posts) -

It could be a lot worse

#159 Edited by solidruss (23639 posts) -

It could be a lot worse

Indeed, and has been in the past :P

#160 Posted by double_decker (145768 posts) -

It could be a lot worse

True, but I can't exactly say I love what they did with the place lol But I'm hoping once it gets more complete some of the basic features that made navigation easier for the site are added back.

#161 Posted by jb61 (269 posts) -

I was the leader of a union board here at GS before they trashed it all. Well, I created a new one. If you like shooters and are a warrior (all platforms and shooter gamers welcome), come to the new Warrior Clan board at http://warriorclan.shivtr.com We have game forums, an event calendar, videos, picture galleries, free game links (for Xbox live members) and game news. Come by and join in on the fun. I'd love to see you there.

#162 Edited by Ring_of_fire (15620 posts) -

@Ring_of_fire said:

It could be a lot worse

The blue one.....oh god.............

In other news, I now have a horrible avatar.

#163 Edited by harry_james_pot (10132 posts) -

The lack of the "replied" icon, and the first unread post buttons is literally giving me a headache. :( Also, it's impossible to find blogs now..

#164 Edited by solidruss (23639 posts) -

@solidruss said:

@Ring_of_fire said:

It could be a lot worse

lol, I still have your baseball one from way back when if you want it :P

#165 Posted by CptJSparrow (10897 posts) -

@solidruss said:

@Ring_of_fire said:

It could be a lot worse

that was when they ditched lithium and made their first in-house forum right?

#166 Posted by Hiddai (6056 posts) -

The lack of the "replied" icon, and the first unread post buttons is literally giving me a headache. :( Also, it's impossible to find blogs now..

Yeah. New site feels very complicated...

#167 Posted by harry_james_pot (10132 posts) -

@Hiddai said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Yeah. New site feels very complicated...

I'm only posting in OT atm. If I started posting anywhere else, I simply won't be able to keep track of anything. Especially with the useless post history.

#168 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15620 posts) -

@Ring_of_fire said:

@solidruss said:

@Ring_of_fire said:

It could be a lot worse

lol, I still have your baseball one from way back when if you want it :P

Ha, stalker! :P That was just an emoticon I found somewhere that I liked. This may not be the greatest creation from paint, but it's different than the default one :P

@Ring_of_fire said:

@solidruss said:

@Ring_of_fire said:

It could be a lot worse

that was when they ditched lithium and made their first in-house forum right?

Yes. I liked the lithium one besides the loading bar (though I think that was because they may not have paid enough to not have that bar)

#169 Edited by zanelli (724 posts) -

Hi everyone.

#170 Posted by harry_james_pot (10132 posts) -
#171 Posted by double_decker (145768 posts) -
#172 Edited by zanelli (724 posts) -

@zanelli said:

Hi everyone.

Hi there!

I'm really not liking the new signature size, my Sam & Max one was slightly too big. I guess I'll just have to make a new one.

#173 Posted by kitty (114287 posts) -
#174 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24921 posts) -

"would you like to leave this page?" comes up every time I click away from a thread without replying.

Funderful!

#175 Posted by kitty (114287 posts) -

Hello everyone, hope all is going well with everyone. :) Hopefully in time a lot of the forum features we liked are added back once the transition is more fully completed.

Everything is okay here, well so far, just woke up. :P I hope the same, time will tell I guess. :)

#176 Edited by harry_james_pot (10132 posts) -

@zanelli said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@zanelli said:

Hi everyone.

Hi there!

I'm really not liking the new signature size, my Sam & Max one was slightly too big. I guess I'll just have to make a new one.

Apparently, right now we can't see each others sigs, just our own.

#177 Edited by double_decker (145768 posts) -

Everything is okay here, well so far, just woke up. :P I hope the same, time will tell I guess. :)

Indeed, time will tell, until then we has Roll Call, alcohol and video games. :) (Which Happens to be my plans for today :P)

#178 Edited by harry_james_pot (10132 posts) -

WTH? They merged the PC games, PC hardware, and Audio/Video forums together? Who came up with this? 0__o

#179 Posted by RimacBugatti (1170 posts) -

My biggest complaint is the coloring or lack there of. Kind of depressing at the moment.

#180 Posted by kitty (114287 posts) -

@2ndWonder said:

Indeed, time will tell, until then we has Roll Call, alcohol and video games. :) (Which Happens to be my plans for today :P)

Sounds like it will be a good day. :P

#181 Posted by double_decker (145768 posts) -

WTH? They merged the PC games, PC hardware, and Audio/Video forums together? Who came up with this? 0__o

If I had to guess I'd say because those boards by themselves weren't overly active and probably boring as hell to look after, besides PC Games which was probably steady, so they probably combined them all to create a more active forum overall and make it easier to look after as well.

#182 Posted by kitty (114287 posts) -

No idea. PC games and hardware I would have been fine if those two merged, but audio/video is different from those

#183 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68833 posts) -

Why isn't there a quick reply in this?

#184 Posted by harry_james_pot (10132 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

If I had to guess I'd say because those boards by themselves weren't overly active and probably boring as hell to look after, besides PC Games which was probably steady, so they probably combined them all to create a more active forum overall and make it easier to look after as well.

@harry_james_pot said:

No idea. PC games and hardware I would have been fine if those two merged, but audio/video is different from those

No, you can't merge the hardware and games forums together! Those are entirely different things, and they were both very active boards.

Most of the discussion on the hardware forums are just questions or problems that users want to fix, and there's usually a big amount of those threads everyday. If you combine this with the games forums, those will be the only thing visible, and actual game discussions will get lost. It's such a ridiculous move...

#185 Posted by kitty (114287 posts) -

No, you can't merge the hardware and games forums together! Those are entirely different things, and they were both very active boards.

Most of the discussion on the hardware forums are just questions or problems that users want to fix, and there's usually a big amount of those threads everyday. If you combine this with the games forums, those will be the only thing visible, and actual game discussions will get lost. It's such a ridiculous move...

I say give it sometime then, they might be made into separate boards. There is still a lot of things that have to be done, so those could change.

#186 Posted by double_decker (145768 posts) -

Evidently someone without your understanding of the boards was given the ability to do the impossible then, probably best to just stay patient, see how things go, maybe they aren't done adding boards or after a while they will see it's not a good fit and add a new one. It's always something to keep suggesting in the Feedback forum.

#187 Posted by zanelli (724 posts) -

@zanelli said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@zanelli said:

Hi everyone.

Hi there!

Apparently, right now we can't see each others sigs, just our own.

Hmm I was wondering why I was the only one who had set theirs up.

#188 Posted by kitty (114287 posts) -

O_O O_O

http://www.gamespot.com/profile/Gothic_Sara/

#189 Edited by harry_james_pot (10132 posts) -

I say give it sometime then, they might be made into separate boards. There is still a lot of things that have to be done, so those could change.

Evidently someone without your understanding of the boards was given the ability to do the impossible then, probably best to just stay patient, see how things go, maybe they aren't done adding boards or after a while they will see it's not a good fit and add a new one. It's always something to keep suggesting in the Feedback forum.

Yeah I know, there are far more important issues atm.

#190 Edited by double_decker (145768 posts) -

O_O O_O

And you thought I posted a lot :P

#191 Posted by harry_james_pot (10132 posts) -

@2ndWonder said:

O_O O_O

And you thought I posted a lot :P

The post history is empty though. :D

#192 Edited by Pirate700 (46461 posts) -

Man, the ghost town this forum has become now is just sad. :(

#193 Posted by zanelli (724 posts) -

O_O O_O

I spotted that a while ago, it's a bug. That user has no forum posts.

#194 Posted by Allicrombie (25085 posts) -
#195 Posted by BranKetra (47455 posts) -

My psnprofile card might be too big for this forum which would be disappointing if true.

#196 Edited by Pirate700 (46461 posts) -

@Pirate700: it must be bad if you're in RC.

I know, right. lol This is the only thread with even the slightest activity.

#197 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23068 posts) -
#198 Edited by junglist101 (5453 posts) -

I like the changes if only for the fact that in the future I will get to act all elitist towards people who weren't around before the change.

#199 Edited by dzaric (1056 posts) -

Hey hey hey.

#200 Posted by Allicrombie (25085 posts) -

@Pirate700: well at least the site is loading much quicker today compared to yesterday.