Roll Call: The New Forums are here edtion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1101 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

@johnd13: he will i am not even worrying...:P

#1102 Edited by THE_DRUGGIE (24976 posts) -

Ain't nobody on this board no more!

#1103 Edited by benleslie5 (7958 posts) -

Hello anyone here?

#1104 Edited by GazaAli (23565 posts) -

When you want to express that something is really repulsive or unappealing, there is this phrase that I vaguely remember that is used in this context. Its something like "sapping pool" of something I don't know help me out here.

#1105 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

@benleslie5:

We are always here. Depend on the global time you at :P

#1106 Posted by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

@Hiddai said:

@benleslie5:

We are always here. Depend on the global time you at :P

There's so few of us anymore. The only regulars are you and me lol.

#1107 Edited by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

now im starting to see glitches in which all the posts on a page aren't showing up.

#1108 Posted by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

now im starting to see glitches in which all the posts on a page aren't showing up.

Everything's fine for me.

#1109 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

@johnd13:

Where is 2nd, Alli, Tabby etc.? 0_o

#1110 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

Hello there everyone, I hope all is well with everyone. What's everyone up to today? :)

#1111 Posted by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

@Hiddai: They must be hiding. :(

Sometimes change is hard for some people.

#1112 Posted by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

@double_decker said:

Hello there everyone, I hope all is well with everyone. What's everyone up to today? :)

Hey DD. long time no see! What's up?

#1113 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Hey DD. long time no see! What's up?

Nothing much, just getting ready to play some Hitman 2 SA and have a few drinks, yourself?

#1114 Posted by BranKetra (49512 posts) -

@double_decker said:

Hello there everyone, I hope all is well with everyone. What's everyone up to today? :)

System Wars because there is more activity :P

#1115 Posted by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

@double_decker said:

@johnd13 said:

Hey DD. long time no see! What's up?

Nothing much, just getting ready to play some Hitman 2 SA and have a few drinks, yourself?

About to have some home-made dinner. I've got Hitman Absolution on my to-play list(along with the Witcher 2). Been playing League of Legends lately as I felt it was time for a change in my gaming habits.

#1116 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

System Wars because there is more activity :P

But is quantity better than quality? :P

@johnd13 said:

About to have some home-made dinner. I've got Hitman Absolution on my to-play list(along with the Witcher 2). Been playing League of Legends lately as I felt it was time for a change in my gaming habits.

Yeah, I have the Hitman HD Collection for the PS3 so I'm playing that before playing Absolution, which I also already have. The HD Collection comes with Hitman 2 Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money

#1117 Posted by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

@double_decker: I've heard Silent Assasin is the best of those, along with Contracts but I've never tried them. Have fun!

#1118 Posted by BranKetra (49512 posts) -

@double_decker said:

@BranKetra said:

System Wars because there is more activity :P

But is quantity better than quality? :P

Of course not. It can be fun, though.

#1119 Edited by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@double_decker: I've heard Silent Assasin is the best of those, along with Contracts but I've never tried them. Have fun!

It's been ok so far, but being a ps2 game ported to the ps3 the graphics aren't exactly top end and the character moves SLOW, but I'm still early and getting used to it, and liking the game so far, but I can't wait to get to Absolution, but also I want to fully remember the previous Hitman experience before playing it, I forgot how slow he moved in SA though lol

@BranKetra said:

Of course not. It can be fun, though.

As long as you are enjoying yourself though :) I've never been to SW though, never heard many good things about there, I've always prefered it here in OT

#1120 Posted by BranKetra (49512 posts) -

@double_decker said:


@BranKetra said:

Of course not. It can be fun, though.

As long as you are enjoying yourself though :) I've never been to SW though, never heard many good things about there, I've always prefered it here in OT

It has some legitimate news relevant to gaming. Most of it seems to come from NeoGAF. There are many trolls, though. I prefer Games Discussion for more...intellectual conversations. :) I used to prefer OT, but lately it is not supplying as many fun conversations I would like.

#1121 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

It has some legitimate news relevant to gaming. Most of it seems to come from NeoGAF. There are many trolls, though. I prefer Games Discussion for more...intellectual conversations. :) I used to prefer OT, but lately it is not supplying as many fun conversations I would like.

Yeah, I used to go to Gaming Discussion now and then as well, things will pick back up here, especially once some of the basic forum features are added back to help navigation of the forums. Just takes time, I just idle here in RC while I game mainly though looking for people to conversate with.

#1122 Edited by BranKetra (49512 posts) -

@double_decker said:

@BranKetra said:

It has some legitimate news relevant to gaming. Most of it seems to come from NeoGAF. There are many trolls, though. I prefer Games Discussion for more...intellectual conversations. :) I used to prefer OT, but lately it is not supplying as many fun conversations I would like.

Yeah, I used to go to Gaming Discussion now and then as well, things will pick back up here, especially once some of the basic forum features are added back to help navigation of the forums. Just takes time, I just idle here in RC while I game mainly though looking for people to conversate with.

That is cool. Do you mean "converse?"

#1123 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

That is cool. Do you mean "converse?"

Evidently I must have if you felt the need to correct?

#1124 Edited by OmitName (741 posts) -

yay i got all the notifications i had missed since the change over.

#1125 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27849 posts) -

So much love in RC today. :P

#1126 Posted by BranKetra (49512 posts) -

@double_decker said:

@BranKetra said:

That is cool. Do you mean "converse?"

Evidently I must have if you felt the need to correct?

That is how you say it after all.

@OmitName said:

yay i got all the notifications i had missed since the change over.

Most of us must have.

#1127 Posted by kitty (114976 posts) -

@Yagr_Zero said:

So much love in RC today. :P

A mod :O *runs away*

#1128 Edited by Ring_of_fire (15671 posts) -

*catches 2ndWonder*

#1129 Posted by kitty (114976 posts) -

@Ring_of_fire said:

*catches 2ndWonder*

Don't tell ninja :o

#1130 Posted by ninjastar (9542 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@Ring_of_fire said:

*catches 2ndWonder*

Don't tell ninja :o

>____<

#1131 Edited by kitty (114976 posts) -

I didn't do anything wrong, I swear :sadkitty:

#1133 Posted by stev69 (114 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@Hiddai: They must be hiding. :(

Sometimes change is hard for some people.

Change isn't always for the better or even needed, This site is a classic example of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Now its crap.

#1134 Edited by OmitName (741 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@OmitName said:

yay i got all the notifications i had missed since the change over.

Most of us must have.

uh. and were back at phail; i didnt get that one.

#1135 Posted by ninjastar (9542 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

I didn't do anything wrong, I swear :sadkitty:

Mhm. >.>

#1136 Edited by kitty (114976 posts) -

@ninjastar said:

@2ndwonder said:

I didn't do anything wrong, I swear :sadkitty:

Mhm. >.>

:( How can I prove it?

#1137 Posted by johnd13 (8159 posts) -
@stev69 said:

@johnd13 said:

@Hiddai: They must be hiding. :(

Sometimes change is hard for some people.

Change isn't always for the better or even needed, This site is a classic example of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Now its crap.

The reasons why the change happened weren't primarily aesthetic. The staff repeatedly stated that the foundations of the site and the way it worked was very old for modern standards and was making it hard for them to do their job as best as possible.

#1138 Posted by TAMKFan (32866 posts) -

And not to mention, they wanted to make GS less glitchy.

#1139 Edited by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

I like it so far. My only complaint is that the board is so quiet nowadays. Even more than before.

#1140 Edited by TAMKFan (32866 posts) -

Yeah, I figured that would happen with the new site. Hopefully, things can pick up sometime.

#1141 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

@johnd13:

Actually i must now say honestly i prefer the old version but it's not that big deal for me...

#1142 Edited by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

@Hiddai said:

@johnd13:

Actually i must now say honestly i prefer the old version but it's not that big deal for me...

What is it that you don't really like?

#1143 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

Hello there RC :)

#1144 Edited by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

@double_decker: Hey. It's good that you started being a regular here. How are you? Hitman time? :P

#1145 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@double_decker: Hey. It's good that you started being a regular here. How are you? Hitman time? :P

Soon it will be just waiting for the wife to go to work. I'm good, how about yourself? Sorry about yesterday, I've been having computer issues that took me a while to fix, today should be smoother.

#1146 Posted by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

@double_decker said:

@johnd13 said:

@double_decker: Hey. It's good that you started being a regular here. How are you? Hitman time? :P

Soon it will be just waiting for the wife to go to work. I'm good, how about yourself? Sorry about yesterday, I've been having computer issues that took me a while to fix, today should be smoother.

You better get the beers ready. :P

I'm good myself. Watching a Dexter episode, 3 more episodes till the finale. Glad your computer's fine now - it's annoying as hell not having a reliable computer.

#1147 Posted by ninjastar (9542 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@ninjastar said:

@2ndwonder said:

I didn't do anything wrong, I swear :sadkitty:

Mhm. >.>

:( How can I prove it?

Some cupcakes might persuade me. :P

#1148 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

@johnd13:

It could be because things are bit new and still there are many problems but i prefer the news on top and not that i need to scroll down to see...but as i said not a big deal...

#1149 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

You better get the beers ready. :P

I'm good myself. Watching a Dexter episode, 3 more episodes till the finale. Glad your computer's fine now - it's annoying as hell not having a reliable computer.

They are already in the fridge, and yeah, this computer has had a good life, but coming up in a few months I'm getting myself a new one for Christmas, just going to pay off the one I bought for my wife not long ago then put one for me on the ole credit card.

#1150 Posted by johnd13 (8159 posts) -

@Hiddai said:

@johnd13:

It could be because things are bit new and still there are many problems but i prefer the news on top and not that i need to scroll down to see...but as i said not a big deal...

Actually the news thing was one of the few things I misliked in the begining but I've gotten used to it now. I kinda like this modern feel to the site, seems smoother in a way.