Roll Call: The New Forums are here edtion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#701 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

Battlefield 3..................Want to get around to play it.....................

Same here, along with the 2nd one since I have the Ultimate Edition of BF 2 I just keep putting off the smaller games like that for bigger and new ones lol.

#702 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

#703 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

Hmm.............Post seem to have disappeared..............

#704 Edited by Shadowchronicle (26004 posts) -

Judas_ did something happen?

#705 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

Rosebud? ... :P

#706 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

Thought that the posts had disappeared...........Turns out I was on the last page.................

Silly me.....................

#707 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

Thought that the posts had disappeared...........Turns out I was on the last page.................

Yeah, the transition for that isn't so smooth yet lol

#708 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

Battlefield 3..................Want to get around to play it.....................

Same here, along with the 2nd one since I have the Ultimate Edition of BF 2 I just keep putting off the smaller games like that for bigger and new ones lol.

I put off playing BF3 to play the Uncharted series....................Naturally lost interest a few minutes into the second one...................

#709 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

Yeah, the transition for that isn't so smooth yet lol

Just like Old GS................

The more things change, eh?......................

#710 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

Just like Old GS................

The more things change, eh?......................

@Judas_ said:

I put off playing BF3 to play the Uncharted series....................Naturally lost interest a few minutes into the second one...................

Yeah, although it's not your fault, when you submit a post that goes to the next page it still keeps you on that same page and you don't realize there is another page until you exit the thread or refresh, where the old site took you to the next page. I liked the first 2 Uncharted games, I was very disappointed with Uncharted 3 though.

#711 Edited by kitty (114700 posts) -

Hey decker ^_^ I'm going to finally have a ps3 tomorrow hopefully, got a nice deal on a 160 gb slim model.

#712 Edited by Judas_ (312 posts) -

I felt the controls a tad awkward................Not sure if I'll play the third installment...............

#713 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

Hey decker ^_^ I'm going to finally have a ps3 tomorrow hopefully, got a nice deal on a 160 gb slim model.

Nice, I already have you on PSN, so if you decide to play either Borderlands or anything else I have with Co Op just let me know and we can do some gaming together :) How long have you been without a PS3? How much are you getting the slim for?

@Judas_ said:

I felt the controls a tad awkward................Not sure if I'll play the third installment...............

I liked the first 2 a lot, the controls I didn't find that bad, I just didn't like how the 3rd one is done at all, the whole game I felt like I was either chasing something or being chased by something or trying to get out of something collapsing, I finished the entire game in around 8 hours and I normally play games very slowly. The game looks good, has some good action, and has good cinematics, but the actual gameplay I wasn't huge on.

#714 Edited by navyguy21 (12830 posts) -

Im here!

Why cant i change my pic? That stock photo is annoying me....

#715 Posted by kitty (114700 posts) -

Nice, I already have you on PSN, so if you decide to play either Borderlands or anything else I have with Co Op just let me know and we can do some gaming together :) How long have you been without a PS3? How much are you getting the slim for?

Yeah I see you on there sometimes when I sign in on my Vita. I plan to pick up both borderlands. Will be a few weeks though. I've already planned to purchase a game next week, sorry. But it would be nice to play some games together. Since Dec/Jan. :( $175. It comes with two controllers and some games. I don't know the games, but I will tomorrow. Fairly new ps3 and no games have been played on it, according to the gal that owns it. She purchased it for netflix and blu rays. But ended up buying a blu ray player lol. :P Found this from a local ad. The gal seems super nice as I've already called and made arrangements.

#716 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

Hmm..................Thanks to Wikihow, I can kick my heels...................................

#717 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

Yeah I see you on there sometimes when I sign in on my Vita. I plan to pick up both borderlands. Will be a few weeks though. I've already planned to purchase a game next week, sorry. But it would be nice to play some games together. Since Dec/Jan. :( $175. It comes with two controllers and some games. I don't know the games, but I will tomorrow. Fairly new ps3 and no games have been played on it, according to the gal that owns it. She purchased it for netflix and blu rays. But ended up buying a blu ray player lol. :P Found this from a local ad. The gal seems super nice as I've already called and made arrangements.

Nice deal, and no need to apologize lol, I have a ton of games to play myself, but I do like playing some Co Op with people I know, what's the game you plan to purchase? Hopefully one of the games she has is Borderlands 1 or 2 and/or Mass Effect 3, since those are both games I am usually interested in some MP action on. :) I'll be around tomorrow as well since I'm actually off from work for a change, so I'll keep an eye out for you.

#718 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

Hmm..................Thanks to Wikihow, I can kick my heels...................................

What do you owe Wikihow the thanks for?

#719 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

That little jump where you kick your heels..............

#720 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

That little jump where you kick your heels..............

Going to take a video of yourself doing that for us? ;o

#721 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

Maybe later XD.......................

still need to get some practice in...............

#722 Edited by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

Maybe later XD.......................

still need to get some practice in...............

Had you never thought of doing such a thing before?

#723 Posted by kitty (114700 posts) -

Nice deal, and no need to apologize lol, I have a ton of games to play myself, but I do like playing some Co Op with people I know, what's the game you plan to purchase? Hopefully one of the games she has is Borderlands 1 or 2 and/or Mass Effect 3, since those are both games I am usually interested in some MP action on. :) I'll be around tomorrow as well since I'm actually off from work for a change, so I'll keep an eye out for you.

It's a srpg from a series I've grown to really like, it's called Disgaea (weird name I know). I bet you have enough to keep yourself busy for the rest of the year. Same, I don't really like playing with random people. I hope so, would be nice if I could play tomorrow. I'm gonna take a guess and say that she probably got a bundle of some sort, but I don't really know. Nice, I hope you enjoy that day off. Alrighty. I'm gonna have fun re-downloading everything. :P

#724 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

It's a srpg from a series I've grown to really like, it's called Disgaea (weird name I know). I bet you have enough to keep yourself busy for the rest of the year. Same, I don't really like playing with random people. I hope so, would be nice if I could play tomorrow. I'm gonna take a guess and say that she probably got a bundle of some sort, but I don't really know. Nice, I hope you enjoy that day off. Alrighty. I'm gonna have fun re-downloading everything. :P

It is a weird name but also a series I have heard of but never played or would probably play myself, and yeah, definitely enough to keep me through the year and then some, but after I knock off some of the smaller games it might not seem so bad, probably the one that will take me the longest when I get to it is Dark Souls because of the kind of game it is. Hopefully it was the inFAMOUS bundle for your sake, I loved those games. :) I actually still have my Bad Karma playthrough to finish for inFAMOUS 2, but since Second Son is only on PS4 I have some time before I need to worry about that.

#725 Edited by Judas_ (312 posts) -

That game that comes up when a page 404's..............................

Is there a rhyme or reason to it or is it just for shits and gigs?.......................................

#726 Edited by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

That game that comes up when a page 404's..............................

Is there a rhyme or reason to it or is it just for shits and gigs?.......................................

I have no idea, since I haven't saw that page since the transition, but it's probably just for shits and gigs.

#727 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

Hmm...........Played it for like, two minutes.....................

#728 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

Hmm...........Played it for like, two minutes.....................

Was it worth the time?

#729 Edited by Judas_ (312 posts) -

No........Nice little distraction, though.................

#730 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

No........Nice little distraction, though.................

I'll stick to what I'm doing in AC III then :P

#731 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

HA! Good idea............................

I gotta hit the bricks..................

Goodnight, rosebuds...................

#732 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@Judas_ said:

HA! Good idea............................

I gotta hit the bricks..................

Goodnight, rosebuds...................

Night night, thanks for the conversation, sleep well and see you tomorrow if you're around :)

#733 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

How many PS3s have you been through now?

#734 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@TAMKFan said:

@2ndWonder said:

Probably not as many as I have been lol

#735 Edited by double_decker (145822 posts) -

Also, whichever Mod locked This Thread Should probably be nice enough to at least tell them why they locked it...

Edit: Nevermind, Hallenbeck got to it

#736 Edited by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

@TAMKFan said:

@2ndWonder said:

Probably not as many as I have been lol

How many has it been for you then? I'm only on my second one.

#737 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@TAMKFan said:

I've bought 5 over the years, I have 2 here at my place, one is broken and just needs a simple fix I haven't bothered to do at my mom's that her bf was using, my little brother uses one that was supposed to be a backup that had the eye replaced in it and one I had die (my first one) from a YLOD

#738 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

@TAMKFan said:

I've bought 5 over the years, I have 2 here at my place, one is broken and just needs a simple fix I haven't bothered to do at my mom's that her bf was using, my little brother uses one that was supposed to be a backup that had the eye replaced in it and one I had die (my first one) from a YLOD

Wow, that's a lot. My first PS3 ended up getting the Red Screen of Death, which is supposedly rare.

#739 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@TAMKFan said:

Wow, that's a lot. My first PS3 ended up getting the Red Screen of Death, which is supposedly rare.

Must be, since I've never heard of that one myself. It is a lot, but spread out over 4 years it hasn't seemed all that expensive. It's funny, I have bought all these PS3's but I've still been too cheap to upgrade to PSN +

#741 Edited by double_decker (145822 posts) -

Has anyone manage to find in the new site the weekly "new releases" that the old site had?

And if there is no "weekly releases" in the new gamespot does anyone know another site that has "weekly releases"?

Look at the top of your browser, you'll see Games with a down arrow, hover your mouse over that and click "New Games" you should be able to find the rest from there.

#742 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

@2ndWonder said:

I have Borderlands on PS3, would be up for playing it with someone else. Might be why I never started it. =P

#744 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

I have Borderlands on PS3, would be up for playing it with someone else. Might be why I never started it. =P

Sounds good to me, I have both Borderlands 1 and 2, so either one would be fine for me, just send me a message on here or PSN if you see me online in game with something and if I have the time I will more than gladly switch out games for some Co Op action. :) I'm off to bed now, but I'll be around tomorrow since it's my day off. So who knows, maybe we'll get some game time in then. :)

#745 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

@TAMKFan said:

Must be, since I've never heard of that one myself. It is a lot, but spread out over 4 years it hasn't seemed all that expensive. It's funny, I have bought all these PS3's but I've still been too cheap to upgrade to PSN +

The only times I've ever had PlayStation Plus is whenever I've gotten a free voucher for it.

#746 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@TAMKFan said:

The only times I've ever had PlayStation Plus is whenever I've gotten a free voucher for it.

I actually have one for 6 months but I haven't used it yet, I should just get hooked up with it though since from what I hear they do give away some pretty good games on there. :) I'm off to bed now though, just was wrapping up a few things, but I'll be around tomorrow, have a good night and Happy Posting. :)

#747 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

Yeah, I've gotten some pretty good deals with that. Goodnight.

#748 Edited by OmitName (721 posts) -

seeing people relating about ps3 failures makes me sad. given that they were so expensive i had always taken them as steadfast. reading all that invites me to presume they are as infamous as ps2 was. i still use the first ps2 i got, but from those around me and what i grasped from the vast ether, i had no choice but to consider ps2 hardware as reliable as a jenga tower. i like things i get to last.

: /

( ! ) i didnt see any complaining about this being gone. i was bummed about it. glad to see it in its place. i know the spoiler thing was there, i liked the button. it felt like a little veil to reveal

#749 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -

@OmitName said:

seeing people relating about ps3 failures makes me sad. given that they were so expensive i had always taken them as steadfast. reading all that invites me to presume they are as infamous as ps2 was. i still use the first ps2 i got, but from those around me and what i grasped from the vast ether, i had no choice but to consider ps2 hardware as reliable as a jenga tower. i like things i get to last.

: /

Thankfully, I was able to get a new one for free after turning in the one that broke.

#750 Edited by Hiddai (6085 posts) -

Mornin'