Roll Call: Summertime Sweet Pool Party Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15666 posts) -

@solidruss said:

@Ring_of_fire said:

IT'S STARTING! No one bother me for another 3 days

What's starting?

the simpsons marathon

#52 Posted by solidruss (23796 posts) -

@Ring_of_fire said:

@solidruss said:

@Ring_of_fire said:

What's starting?

the simpsons marathon

I wish I could take time off to watch :-(

#53 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15666 posts) -

@solidruss said:

@Ring_of_fire said:

@solidruss said:

@Ring_of_fire said:

What's starting?

the simpsons marathon

I wish I could take time off to watch :-(

It should be a national holiday!

#54 Posted by solidruss (23796 posts) -

I agree, let's get that going right away!

#55 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15666 posts) -

anyone who disagrees is a kwyjibo

#56 Edited by solidruss (23796 posts) -

@Ring_of_fire said:

anyone who disagrees is a kwyjibo

#57 Posted by airshocker (30656 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

@airshocker said:

It definitely seems like this year has gone by way too quickly. I'm almost done with physical therapy for my shoulder so I should be going back to patrolling soon. I've been working in the dispatch office and it's been mind numbingly boring.

I also finished a lot of the books I've been meaning to. Since my shoulder has been hurt I couldn't do any work for my side business. And I've been playing so many video games that I'm actually kind of bored of them.

I'm trying to decide if I want to take more classes or do something else with the remainder of my GI Bill. I finally got my associates so I need to figure out what else I want to do with it.

Good to know you're making the most with what you have. How'd you injure your shoulder to begin with?

Guy stabbed me with a utility knife while having a psychotic episode. Long story short, the injury was worse than the doctors first thought and I had to get surgery. You wouldn't think something so small could do so much damage, but apparently it can. I'm okay, though. Physical therapy has helped and I'm itching to get back into real work.

#58 Posted by airshocker (30656 posts) -
@indzman said:

Has anyone watched the expendables 3 yet? Movie and action wise is it better than last two ?

Oh yeah, and Ronda Rousey is hawt.

#59 Posted by BranKetra (49260 posts) -

@airshocker said:

It definitely seems like this year has gone by way too quickly. I'm almost done with physical therapy for my shoulder so I should be going back to patrolling soon. I've been working in the dispatch office and it's been mind numbingly boring.

I also finished a lot of the books I've been meaning to. Since my shoulder has been hurt I couldn't do any work for my side business. And I've been playing so many video games that I'm actually kind of bored of them.

I'm trying to decide if I want to take more classes or do something else with the remainder of my GI Bill. I finally got my associates so I need to figure out what else I want to do with it.

I approve of anyone continuing their education . If I may, I suggest going for at least a Bachelor's of your chosen major just because of how useful it would be compared to what an individual learns from any associate's program.

#60 Posted by airshocker (30656 posts) -

@BranKetra: I only got an AA in liberal arts because I'm extremely undecided in what I want to do now WRT my college education. There are too many things that I like that it's actually quite a difficult decision.

#61 Posted by BranKetra (49260 posts) -

@airshocker: Career potential with a chosen major is worth considering.

#62 Edited by dave123321 (34267 posts) -

Got degrees in CS and Economics

#63 Posted by dave123321 (34267 posts) -

Refinished the last of us. I should have spaced out the playtime more since there was some fatigue setting in around the university part.

#64 Posted by airshocker (30656 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

Well, I already have a career that SEEMS like it will be safe. Usually with government jobs it's last hired, first fired, so I'm safe from that since we have six new guys.

I'm mainly looking for something that can possibly help me start a different side business, or something that I would enjoy doing that could make me a little bit of money. I'm not sure if I want to go english > creative writing, or maybe history > military history.

#65 Posted by BranKetra (49260 posts) -
@airshocker said:

@BranKetra said:

Well, I already have a career that SEEMS like it will be safe. Usually with government jobs it's last hired, first fired, so I'm safe from that since we have six new guys.

I'm mainly looking for something that can possibly help me start a different side business, or something that I would enjoy doing that could make me a little bit of money. I'm not sure if I want to go english > creative writing, or maybe history > military history.

There are many jobs you can do with either of those paths. I learned that a well-rounded education prevents putting too much emphasis in one field which may not pay well and it keeps the possibility of enrolling in a B.A. or B.S. program available. With adequate general education courses, there should be a wide variety of programs someone with a liberal arts degree can enroll in to lead directly to a one of those degrees. Statistics show education makes a big difference on income which is again why I would recommend continuing school to anyone.

#66 Posted by dave123321 (34267 posts) -

Creative writing

#67 Edited by Behardy24 (4758 posts) -

I hit the jackpot today movie-wise. I got these two sweet collection for 10 bucks:

Combined, it's nearly 50 hours of content. I'm set for awhile. :)

#68 Posted by Behardy24 (4758 posts) -

Currently playing Mass Effect 3, I'm liking it so far.

#69 Posted by indzman (19148 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

great game series, one of my fav :)

#70 Posted by indzman (19148 posts) -

@airshocker said:
@indzman said:

Has anyone watched the expendables 3 yet? Movie and action wise is it better than last two ?

Oh yeah, and Ronda Rousey is hawt.

Just came home watching it while movie is meh, ronda rousey rules !!!

#71 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

Great game, but keep in mind that the ending is complete crap.

#72 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23757 posts) -
@indzman said:

@behardy24 said:

great game series, one of my fav :)

Same here.

#73 Posted by BranKetra (49260 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

There are some great characters in that video game.

#74 Posted by Sunsha (20644 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@behardy24 said:

If only the story wasn't full of holes...

#75 Posted by dave123321 (34267 posts) -

Watch dog's protagonist is such a bland unlikeable person who just seems unhinged

#76 Posted by BranKetra (49260 posts) -
@Sunsha said:

@BranKetra said:

@behardy24 said:

If only the story wasn't full of holes...

It remains my favorite role-playing game series from the previous generation despite it not being perfect.

#78 Edited by GeekInkINC (195 posts) -

Orange is the New Black is a great show. Just finished it. About to watch True Detective, which a friend of mine claims is better than Breaking Bad. I took him up on the challenge because Breaking Bad is my absolute favorite show and I trust that I will probably enjoy it. It's like 8 one hour long episodes... I think I can knock it out real quick before school gets into the real grind. Happy Syllabus Day to everyone in school!

#79 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

Hello there to anyone that might happen to be around :)

#80 Posted by BranKetra (49260 posts) -

@double_decker: Why, hello.

#81 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@double_decker: Why, hello.

Hello there Mod person, how goes it today?

#82 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -

@double_decker said:

Hello there to anyone that might happen to be around :)

Hello!

#83 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

Hello!

Hi :) How's it going for you today? Up to anything interesting?

#84 Posted by harry_james_pot (11101 posts) -

@double_decker said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Hello!

Hi :) How's it going for you today? Up to anything interesting?

Playing some Civ V, then watching the GS Half-Life marathon later today. :)

You?

#85 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

Playing some Civ V, then watching the GS Half-Life marathon later today. :)

You?

Just playing some Battlefield 3 (Working on the ole backlog) and having some drinks and enjoying my day off while keeping an eye on the puppy, she's currently napping behind me on the couch. :)

#86 Posted by johnd13 (8633 posts) -

@double_decker: Hey DD! Long time no see. :)

You have a puppy! :O Is it a new addition to the family?

#87 Edited by BranKetra (49260 posts) -

@double_decker: I finished enrolling in classes after waiting nearly two months for my academic adviser. All is well in my side of that situation.

In other news, I am getting a car soon which is awesome.

Today, a relative and I buried a cat of our friend. It was sad, but she is hopefully in a better place, now.

#88 Edited by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Indeed I do, she's about 7 months old now, so I can finally get some gaming done here and there again, for a while it was harder to do because she required constant attention

#89 Edited by johnd13 (8633 posts) -

@double_decker said:

@johnd13 said:

Indeed I do, she's about 7 months old now, so I can finally get some gaming done here and there again, for a while it was harder to do because she required constant attention

Is your backlog getting any smaller? You need to find some peace at last in your gaming life. :P

#90 Posted by BranKetra (49260 posts) -

It is time to study.

#91 Edited by johnd13 (8633 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

It is time to study.

I feel you. We have a September exam period here(for those that failed in previous ones) and I need to study for 2 subjects. Though I didn't fail, I just skipped them. It's hard getting my ass down to do work after 2 months of holidays.

#92 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Is your backlog getting any smaller? You need to find some peace at last in your gaming life. :P

It is, I've finished several games over the last few months, I'm currently working on Battlefield 3. Probably won't take too long for the campaign on that since it was made mainly for MP. After that I plan to get started on God of War Origins, the PS3 port of the PSP games. After that I think I'll take on something a little bigger like Darksiders II or Rage.

#93 Posted by BranKetra (49260 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@BranKetra said:

It is time to study.

I feel you. We have a September exam period here(for those that failed in previous ones) and I need to study for 2 subjects. Though I didn't fail, I just skipped them. It's hard getting my ass down to do work after 2 months of holidays.

My first day of school for this term was yesterday. Other than my academic adviser not doing his job who caused me to get a more expensive class, be late for enrollment, and in acquiring course materials such as books the transition from personal study to an academic setting has been smooth. I can thankfully say that because the actual course material seems familiar, but new and more professionally written. Speaking of that, I am going to read the Massachusetts Institute of Technology news source more often. They are a doing great things.

#94 Posted by TAMKFan (32846 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@double_decker: I finished enrolling in classes after waiting nearly two months for my academic adviser. All is well in my side of that situation.

In other news, I am getting a car soon which is awesome.

Today, a relative and I buried a cat of our friend. It was sad, but she is hopefully in a better place, now.

It reminds me when we lost our last cat in 2008. But at least now we have three new cats.

#95 Edited by BranKetra (49260 posts) -

@TAMKFan: I remember all the animals I lived with. The smallest dog is actually one of my current animals. He is a shiatsu-maltese mix, weighs under fifteen pounds, and he is an adult over five years old. The biggest was a Great Pyrenees.

When I finish school, I am hoping to raise a husky as a companion.

#96 Posted by soulless4now (41381 posts) -

Last semester of college and I'm already tired on day 3.

#97 Edited by CountBleck12 (23228 posts) -

@soulless4now said:

Last semester of college and I'm already tired on day 3.

I'm only halfway done and I'm tired, must have been those summer classes I taken.

#98 Posted by zeroyaoi (1934 posts) -

*stumbles into rc*

#99 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -

Hello there people of RC, hope all is well for those of you that are around. :)

#100 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23757 posts) -
@zeroyaoi said:

*stumbles into rc*

I'm sorry but you aren't on the list. I must ask you to leave sir.

http://www.worshipperiod.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/bouncer1.jpg