Roll Call: New Year, Same Ol' BS Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

thinking about switching internet providers, and cutting cable.

#102 Posted by kitty (115065 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@2ndwonder said:

@Trail_Mix said:

What is your next siggy going to be?

I have no clue to be honest. Kinda short on ideas. :(

How about a different one of the girl in the avy? =)

#103 Edited by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

Hello RC.

#104 Posted by Judas_ (319 posts) -

Damn, I missed Deadman............................................

#105 Posted by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

upgraded my internet. now, hopefully, I can stream games in good quality.

#106 Edited by Iszdope (11912 posts) -

Deadman returning...

We got a Deadman returning...

#107 Edited by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@2ndwonder said:
@Trail_Mix said:
@2ndwonder said:
@Trail_Mix said:

What is your next siggy going to be?

I have no clue to be honest. Kinda short on ideas. :(

How about a different one of the girl in the avy? =)

I would, but color pictures of her are pretty scarce. Besides, I wanted to switch up characters. :P

#108 Edited by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@2ndwonder said:
@Trail_Mix said:
@2ndwonder said:
@Trail_Mix said:

What is your next siggy going to be?

I have no clue to be honest. Kinda short on ideas. :(

How about a different one of the girl in the avy? =)

I would, but color pictures of her are pretty scarce. Besides, I wanted to switch up characters. :P

Who's that in your avy? Reminds me of Asuka(Evangelion). :P

#109 Posted by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

the new internet is pretty good. need to tweak the settings in my streaming software to avoid freezing in my twitch stream, but over all, much better than before.

#110 Edited by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@johnd13 said:

Who's that in your avy? Reminds me of Asuka(Evangelion). :P

Oh wow. I didn't even realize it, but yeah, she does kinda look like Asuka. lol

Anyway, her name's Seryuu Yubikitas. She's from a manga series called Akame Ga Kill.

They just announced an anime adaptation to it last week. So excited, can't wait!

@leon2365 said:

the new internet is pretty good. need to tweak the settings in my streaming software to avoid freezing in my twitch stream, but over all, much better than before.

What do ya stream?

Edit: Oops, I didn't see your other post saying you stream gaming.

#111 Edited by Cougarhart61 (7098 posts) -

So why did this forum die exactly?

#113 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Who's that in your avy? Reminds me of Asuka(Evangelion). :P

Oh wow. I didn't even realize it, but yeah, she does kinda look like Asuka. lol

Anyway, her name's Seryuu Yubikitas. She's from a manga series called Akame Ga Kill.

They just announced an anime adaptation to it last week. So excited, can't wait!

Akame Ga Kill is going to be produced by Square Enix according to myanimelist.net. :O

#114 Posted by zeroyaoi (1972 posts) -

*sits*

#115 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@zeroyaoi said:

*sits*

Here, have my ultra comfy seat. I'm going to bed. :D *yawns*

#116 Edited by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Who's that in your avy? Reminds me of Asuka(Evangelion). :P

Oh wow. I didn't even realize it, but yeah, she does kinda look like Asuka. lol

Anyway, her name's Seryuu Yubikitas. She's from a manga series called Akame Ga Kill.

They just announced an anime adaptation to it last week. So excited, can't wait!

@leon2365 said:

the new internet is pretty good. need to tweak the settings in my streaming software to avoid freezing in my twitch stream, but over all, much better than before.

What do ya stream?

Edit: Oops, I didn't see your other post saying you stream gaming.

its ok. I stream random games on PC. right now im working on portal 2. though I don't have a set schedule yet.

#117 Posted by zeroyaoi (1972 posts) -

@johnd13: thanks! :D

#118 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@johnd13 said:

Akame Ga Kill is going to be produced by Square Enix according to myanimelist.net. :O

They're producing the anime? D:

@leon2365 said:

its ok. I stream random games on PC. right now im working on portal 2. though I don't have a set schedule yet.

Mind me asking for a link to your stream?

#119 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Akame Ga Kill is going to be produced by Square Enix according to myanimelist.net. :O

They're producing the anime? D:

Seems like it. Didn't know SE are involved in anime too. I support them more now! :P

#120 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Akame Ga Kill is going to be produced by Square Enix according to myanimelist.net. :O

They're producing the anime? D:

Seems like it. Didn't know SE are involved in anime too. I support them more now! :P

Now that I looked at it, it seems to be just the manga. :(

#121 Edited by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:

@johnd13 said:

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Akame Ga Kill is going to be produced by Square Enix according to myanimelist.net. :O

They're producing the anime? D:

Seems like it. Didn't know SE are involved in anime too. I support them more now! :P

Now that I looked at it, it seems to be just the manga. :(

Oh, my bad lol. I ruined your dreams! :,(

#122 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15695 posts) -

John ruins everyone's dreams!

#123 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Ring_of_fire said:

John ruins everyone's dreams!

But I don't have any of my own. It's not fair!

#124 Posted by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Akame Ga Kill is going to be produced by Square Enix according to myanimelist.net. :O

They're producing the anime? D:

@leon2365 said:

its ok. I stream random games on PC. right now im working on portal 2. though I don't have a set schedule yet.

Mind me asking for a link to your stream?

here is my channel, and to anyone else that would like to help me, here is my first stream with decent quality. I would love opinions on whether the quality is good or not.

#125 Posted by kitty (115065 posts) -

@zeroyaoi said:

*sits*

I hope you are sitting near the tv, we could play the k-on game together :P

#126 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

here is my channel, and to anyone else that would like to help me, here is my first stream with decent quality. I would love opinions on whether the quality is good or not.

Yeah I think the quality's quite good - the stream was pleasant to watch . And now you got me thinking of getting Portal 2 when it goes on a steam deal. :P

#127 Posted by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@leon2365 said:

here is my channel, and to anyone else that would like to help me, here is my first stream with decent quality. I would love opinions on whether the quality is good or not.

Yeah I think the quality's quite good - the stream was pleasant to watch . And now you got me thinking of getting Portal 2 when it goes on a steam deal. :P

thank you very much for checking it out. and I would definitely recommend getting portal 2 the next time its on sale. it usually goes on sale in a double pack as well. so if you don't have the first one, you can get that as well.

#128 Edited by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@johnd13 said:

Oh, my bad lol. I ruined your dreams! :,(

I just found out it's being produced by White Fox...

@leon2365 said:

here is my channel, and to anyone else that would like to help me, here is my first stream with decent quality. I would love opinions on whether the quality is good or not.

The stream looks really good to me. Though with Portal, I can never tell what's going on. Just looks like you're shooting and flying all over the place. hehe

#129 Edited by kitty (115065 posts) -

I see a @Trail_Mix :o

#130 Edited by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -

@2ndwonder: Funny you should say that, because apparently if you remove your avatar from your personal images, and you go completely avatar-less, all your posts and threads disappear.

I was freaking out a bit there for a second. heh.. :S

#131 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Oh, my bad lol. I ruined your dreams! :,(

I just found out it's being produced by White Fox...

Judging by your reaction, that's not a good thing right? hehe :D

#132 Edited by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@johnd13 said:

Judging by your reaction, that's not a good thing right? hehe :D

Nope. They have a pretty bad track record.

The only thing note worthy they've produced was Steins;Gate (not sure if you've seen it or not).

#133 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Judging by your reaction, that's not a good thing right? hehe :D

Nope. They have a pretty bad track record.

The only thing note worthy they've produced was Steins;Gate (not sure if you've seen it or not).

Oh Steins;Gate was really good. I recently watched a SG movie as well - Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. Very nice as well.

Tbh I don't really know who the renowned anime producers are. Then again, I'm not very experienced in anime - I've only watched about 7 series.

#134 Edited by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@johnd13 said:

Oh Steins;Gate was really good. I recently watched a SG movie as well - Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. Very nice as well.

Tbh I don't really know who the renowned anime producers are. Then again, I'm not very experienced in anime - I've only watched about 7 series.

I have yet to see the movie myself, but if you say it's good, I just might have to bump it up on my priorities list.

Yeah, I'm no expert either. I just wiki stuff. lol

Only 7??? D: What were they?

#135 Edited by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Oh Steins;Gate was really good. I recently watched a SG movie as well - Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. Very nice as well.

Tbh I don't really know who the renowned anime producers are. Then again, I'm not very experienced in anime - I've only watched about 7 series.

I have yet to see the movie myself, but if you say it's good, I just might have to bump it up on my priorities list.

Yeah, I'm no expert either. I just wiki stuff. lol

Only 7??? D: What were they?

I hopped on the anime bandwagon a little more than a year ago. Sadly I don't watch as much I'd like to as I'm kinda busy sometimes thanks to my university classes. :(

here is my small anime list

There are so many series to watch so I've started with some basics and recommendations from people I know. :)

#136 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@johnd13 said:

I hopped on the anime bandwagon a little more than a year ago. Sadly I don't watch as much I'd like to as I'm kinda busy sometimes thanks to my university classes. :(

here is my small anime list

There are so many series to watch so I've started with some basics and recommendations from people I know. :)

Ah, I see. That sucks, but it's understandable.

Pretty good list there. I also see you must of really liked Death Note. lol

I could recommend you some stuff that I think you might like, if you want me to. :D (assuming everything you've been recommend was on your list)

#137 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

I hopped on the anime bandwagon a little more than a year ago. Sadly I don't watch as much I'd like to as I'm kinda busy sometimes thanks to my university classes. :(

here is my small anime list

There are so many series to watch so I've started with some basics and recommendations from people I know. :)

Ah, I see. That sucks, but it's understandable.

Pretty good list there. I also see you must of really liked Death Note. lol

I could recommend you some stuff that I think you might like, if you want me to. :D (assuming everything you've been recommend was on your list)

Yep I loved Death Note, maybe because I found some similarities between me and the protagonist(I even kinda look like him irl I think lol) though I don't want to kill people. :P

Sure, feel free to recommend stuff. I'm always open to new ideas. :)

#138 Edited by tofu-lion91 (13486 posts) -

Afternoon all :) How is everyone?

Johnd I was hooked on the Death Note anime but have always struggled to get into the manga. The movies aren't half bad too :)

#139 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@tofu-lion91 said:

Afternoon all :) How is everyone?

Johnd I was hooked on the Death Note anime but have always struggled to get into the manga. The movies aren't half bad too :)

Hey. What's up? :)

That reminds me, I need to see the movies at some point. I've never paid any attention to manga tbh.

#140 Posted by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

@Trail_Mix

yup. portal does get a little hectic at points. once I finish it on the stream though, I will go to other games such as bioshock.

#141 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@johnd13 said:

Yep I loved Death Note, maybe because I found some similarities between me and the protagonist(I even kinda look like him irl I think lol) though I don't want to kill people. :P

Sure, feel free to recommend stuff. I'm always open to new ideas. :)

At first I was pumped to give some recommendations, but then I realized, I have a really hard time picking stuff out... Dx

Anyway, like I said, assuming everything you've been recommended you ended up listing on your anime list:

  • Code Geass and Code Geass R2 (This is a really good series. I'm surprised you weren't recommended it yet. Lot of similarities to Death Note)
  • BTOOM! (I actually just started watching this myself, I'm 5 episodes in and really enjoying it)
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (One of my all time favorite animes. It's great, especially if you're a fan horror)
  • Paranoia Agent (Another horror type. This one in particular really creeped me out)
  • Durarara!! (Pretty interesting anime. A lot goes on in it. Never a dull moment, so to speak)

To be honest, I had no idea what type of anime you liked. So I just kinda referenced what you've seen and went from there. Mainly Death Note. hehe :P

@leon2365 said:

yup. portal does get a little hectic at points. once I finish it on the stream though, I will go to other games such as bioshock.

I'd ask when you do your streaming, but you don't have a set schedule. Do you have like a general time maybe?

#142 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -
@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Yep I loved Death Note, maybe because I found some similarities between me and the protagonist(I even kinda look like him irl I think lol) though I don't want to kill people. :P

Sure, feel free to recommend stuff. I'm always open to new ideas. :)

At first I was pumped to give some recommendations, but then I realized, I have a really hard time picking stuff out... Dx

Anyway, like I said, assuming everything you've been recommended you ended up listing on your anime list:

  • Code Geass and Code Geass R2 (This is a really good series. I'm surprised you weren't recommended it yet. Lot of similarities to Death Note)
  • BTOOM! (I actually just started watching this myself, I'm 5 episodes in and really enjoying it)
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (One of my all time favorite animes. It's great, especially if you're a fan horror)
  • Paranoia Agent (Another horror type. This one in particular really creeped me out)
  • Durarara!! (Pretty interesting anime. A lot goes on in it. Never a dull moment, so to speak)

To be honest, I had no idea what type of anime you liked. So I just kinda referenced what you've seen and went from there. Mainly Death Note. hehe :P

Since I'm not experienced in anime I can't say I'm a fan of a particular kind(though in other aspects of my life I really like sci-fi and fantasy) so I'm mainly looking for an engrossing atmosphere(like Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note).

Hmm I find some of your recommendations quite interesting especially Code Geass, BTOOOM! and maybe Durarara. I'll check them out, thanks a whole lot! :)

#143 Edited by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@johnd13 said:

Since I'm not experienced in anime I can't say I'm a fan of a particular kind(though in other aspects of my life I really like sci-fi and fantasy) so I'm mainly looking for an engrossing atmosphere(like Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note).

Hmm I find some of your recommendations quite interesting especially Code Geass, BTOOOM! and maybe Durarara. I'll check them out, thanks a whole lot! :)

Yeah, I have a gut feeling you'll enjoy Code Geass in particular. Especially now that you've mentioned sci-fi and fantasy. At least I hope you will! I don't wanna end up recommending you something you'll turn out not liking. D':

#144 Edited by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

Since I'm not experienced in anime I can't say I'm a fan of a particular kind(though in other aspects of my life I really like sci-fi and fantasy) so I'm mainly looking for an engrossing atmosphere(like Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note).

Hmm I find some of your recommendations quite interesting especially Code Geass, BTOOOM! and maybe Durarara. I'll check them out, thanks a whole lot! :)

Yeah, I have a gut feeling you'll enjoy Code Geass in particular. Especially now that you've mentioned sci-fi and fantasy. At least I hope you will! I don't wanna end up recommending you something you'll turn out not liking. D':

If I don't like your recommendations I'll never talk to you again! Ever! :0

j/k :P

I'm sure I'll like them - I have trust in your knowledge and instict. ;) And thanks for taking the time to recommend me stuff. :)

#145 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@johnd13 said:

If I don't like your recommendations I'll never talk to you again! Ever! :0

j/k :P

I'm sure I'll like them - I have trust in your knowledge and instict. ;) And thanks for taking the time to recommend me stuff. :)

I'd cry. :(

But seriously, no need for thanks. It's my pleasure. :P

By the way, I see you're currently watching Mirai Nikki and Gintama. How do you like them? I've seen all of Mirai Nikki, but I've never seen Gintama. I hear it's a good show though.

#146 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
@johnd13 said:

If I don't like your recommendations I'll never talk to you again! Ever! :0

j/k :P

I'm sure I'll like them - I have trust in your knowledge and instict. ;) And thanks for taking the time to recommend me stuff. :)

I'd cry. :(

But seriously, no need for thanks. It's my pleasure. :P

By the way, I see you're currently watching Mirai Nikki and Gintama. How do you like them? I've seen all of Mirai Nikki, but I've never seen Gintama. I hear it's a good show though.

At first I wasn't really into Mirai Nikki but it got quite more interesting after episodes 12-13. I guess I expected a little more since a friend of mine talked about it all the time.

Gintama was the one that initiated me into anime(actually another GS user recommended it to me) and it's definitely one of my favorites. It's got very nice humor(they sometimes even mock-kinda other animes) and some good pinches of action here and there. It doesn't have a major plot(as it's more than 200 episodes) but every episode or few episodes the protagonist trio get involved in different situations. I'd definitely recommend it as a more laid-back experience.

#147 Posted by leon2365 (13087 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:
said:

said:

I'd ask when you do your streaming, but you don't have a set schedule. Do you have like a general time maybe?

god. these quotes are a hassle to diminish. anyway, I usually stream around 7PM pacific time up to 12 or 1AM. give or take an hour or 2. it all depends at what time I get tired of playing the 360. :P but its usually pretty consistent around that time that I stop with the xbox and start with the PC.

#148 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -
@johnd13 said:

At first I wasn't really into Mirai Nikki but it got quite more interesting after episodes 12-13. I guess I expected a little more since a friend of mine talked about it all the time.

Gintama was the one that initiated me into anime(actually another GS user recommended it to me) and it's definitely one of my favorites. It's got very nice humor(they sometimes even mock-kinda other animes) and some good pinches of action here and there. It doesn't have a major plot(as it's more than 200 episodes) but every episode or few episodes the protagonist trio get involved in different situations. I'd definitely recommend it as a more laid-back experience.

Yeah, Mirai Nikki wasn't what I expected either. Not gonna lie, I was kinda disappointed. Not because I thought it was bad, but, you know, a lot of people over hyped it for me it seems.

Ah, ya see, I always thought Gintama was like some serious anime or something.

Also, I just notice, we've basically been the only ones really chatting in this thread for like the past couple of days now. It's a bit of a strange feeling, considering this is RC.

@leon2365 said:

god. these quotes are a hassle to diminish. anyway, I usually stream around 7PM pacific time up to 12 or 1AM. give or take an hour or 2. it all depends at what time I get tired of playing the 360. :P but its usually pretty consistent around that time that I stop with the xbox and start with the PC.

Oh, sorry about that. I'd post them separated, but I don't wanna be double posting.

Alright cool. I'll have to remember that the next I check your stream, that is, If you don't mind.

#149 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:

Yeah, Mirai Nikki wasn't what I expected either. Not gonna lie, I was kinda disappointed. Not because I thought it was bad, but, you know, a lot of people over hyped it for me it seems.

Ah, ya see, I always thought Gintama was like some serious anime or something.

Also, I just notice, we've basically been the only ones really chatting in this thread for like the past couple of days now. It's a bit of a strange feeling, considering this is RC.

Nah, I wouldn't call Gintama serious. Here's a good example(I think).

Speaking of anime, I haven't been able to watch much these past few days. If only it weren't exam period in my uni. :(

Yeah I think it's a little weird how quiet this place has grown to be. It's now a 2-3 people thread lol. More and more users are gradually making their visits less frequent. Let's see how long we'll last. :P

@leon2365 said:

god. these quotes are a hassle to diminish. anyway, I usually stream around 7PM pacific time up to 12 or 1AM. give or take an hour or 2. it all depends at what time I get tired of playing the 360. :P but its usually pretty consistent around that time that I stop with the xbox and start with the PC.

It's very early in the morning here when you stream so I'm usually in bed around those hours. If I'm ever up for some reason I'll check it out.

#150 Posted by quadraleap (36519 posts) -

scroll BAM! You've been scrolled. ;P