Roll Call: New Year, Same Ol' BS Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14257 posts) -

Happy New Year, everyone! (Yeah, I know I'm a week and a half late.)

With each new year, comes a resolution for some people. A pledge or promise that they will change some aspect of their life for the better--exercise more, quit smoking, or what have you. And it's usually about a week's time or so that a lot of people crack, forget, or simply say "f**k it" and go back to their old habits again. I'm wondering how many of you--if any--have made any resolutions, and how long it's taken you to either break them, or if you're still holding on strong to them.

So...who's buckled yet?

#2 Edited by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

I wouldn't call it a "resolution" (All that stuff is bullshit, really), but I bought a cheap groupon for sixteen krav maga classes at the local Karate America. Hopefully it's not a scam.

#3 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

Which is exactly why I never pay attention to new years resolution. If someone really wants to better his life, he doesn't need/wait 364 days to pass to suddenly realize "yea I want to do this". Generally speaking I don't have a strong perception of the temporal dimension in the form of a year or months. It feels rather pointless and haphazard.

#4 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -

I remember when It was hard to get on the first page of a roll call

#5 Posted by johnd13 (7798 posts) -

Can't say I have a resolution for the new year. Kinda like what GazaAli said.

#6 Edited by kitty (114275 posts) -

Wow I haven't seen you in forever :(

#7 Posted by Omni-Slash (54404 posts) -

Yeah..I am already working on my goal of running a full marathon in September..I run a half marathon next month...working on gaming and writing more this year..

#8 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

My goal is to stop people from chopping down trees...........................

#9 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

Only 7 posts in an RC that has been made hours ago? What has become of you OT :(

#10 Edited by Iszdope (9383 posts) -

Fishes.

#11 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

Fishes.

OT be sleeping with them.

#12 Edited by Iszdope (9383 posts) -
#13 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -

@Overlord93 said:

Wow I haven't seen you in forever :(

It has been a while. I'm having withdrawel symptoms from the old gamespot. Everything's the wrong way round. D:

#14 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

getting back into games on the 360. though I have to balance it with the new found PC games and what not. this laptop kicks ass.

#15 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Agh, my mouse keeps dying. Well, actually, it's basically dead. Need to buy a new one, but I don't wanna spend the money. sigh

#16 Posted by johnd13 (7798 posts) -

Time to spend some of my Christmas money. Need to get a new HDD(movies,games,anime and tv shows have taken the best of my current one) and a brand new headset. I love buying computer stuff even though I usually don't as most of them are kinda costly.

#17 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

last time I bought an HDD, I got a 2TB HDD for $50. though I don't know what im going to do when this HD fills up. half has gone to the games of steam.

#18 Edited by Serraph105 (27560 posts) -

I made a resolution to not make a negative political post on Facebook. Haven't cracked yet.

#19 Posted by zeroyaoi (1820 posts) -

Agh, my mouse keeps dying. Well, actually, it's basically dead. Need to buy a new one, but I don't wanna spend the money. sigh

You don't have an old mouse around? D;

I currently use the bluetooth one for gestures, and the wired mouse to move the cursor. :/

#20 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -
@zeroyaoi said:

@Trail_Mix said:

You don't have an old mouse around? D;

I currently use the bluetooth one for gestures, and the wired mouse to move the cursor. :/

Nope, all my previous ones have died as well. :(

I am on a laptop though. I can still use the trackpad if I wanted, but I don't like to. It's slow and not as precise, so it really limits what I can do on here.

Wait, you're using two things at once? Do neither of them work properly? :o

#21 Posted by zeroyaoi (1820 posts) -

@Trail_Mix: :O... Maybe a friend or family member has an extra one?

Glad I didn't get rid of the old wired mouse. :P

I've been thinking of getting the magic track pad or whatever it's called. It worked extremely well.

Yeah, the mouse hasn't been working properly since updating. I don't think it's the mouse, but I don't know what else to do. Searched online, and found something about deleting some files, and restarting. It worked for a while. :(

#22 Posted by kitty (114275 posts) -

Yeah..I am already working on my goal of running a full marathon in September..I run a half marathon next month...working on gaming and writing more this year..

Best of luck with the marathon, I hope you do well and are able to do it. I know those things are tough. Does that mean I'll never see you again? :( :P
But I hope all goes well with whatever you do. :)

#23 Posted by kitty (114275 posts) -

I see a Zero :O

Also today is my b-day, but I don't want to get older ;(

#24 Edited by johnd13 (7798 posts) -

Happy Birthday you! We all get older sadly. :(

#25 Edited by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

getting older sucks. looks like this extra theme park ticket I have might go to waste. no one wants to go.

#26 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14257 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@2ndwonder said:

So true. I just had mine last month, and in all honesty, I'd forgotten about it until my parents called to wish me happy birthday.

#27 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -
@zeroyaoi said:

@Trail_Mix: :O... Maybe a friend or family member has an extra one?

Glad I didn't get rid of the old wired mouse. :P

I've been thinking of getting the magic track pad or whatever it's called. It worked extremely well.

Yeah, the mouse hasn't been working properly since updating. I don't think it's the mouse, but I don't know what else to do. Searched online, and found something about deleting some files, and restarting. It worked for a while. :(

Possibly, but I don't wanna bother them with my silly dilemma. I'll just go buy a cheap one like last time. :(

Doesn't sound familiar to me. Is it like an add on trackpad thing or something?

It's funny, I'm kinda doing the same thing you are with my wired mouse. Since it tends to die every time I try to click. So I'm basically just using it to move my cursor around too, while clicking using my laptop buttons. lol

@2ndwonder said:

Happy Birthday!!!!11

Yeah, I don't like getting older either. I wanna stay a kid at heart.

#28 Posted by OmitName (717 posts) -

@2ndwonder: happy day of you. nifty new signature.

#29 Edited by kitty (114275 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Thanks. :) I'm going to make a machine that stops us from aging.

So true. I just had mine last month, and in all honesty, I'd forgotten about it until my parents called to wish me happy birthday.

I knew about mine, I didn't say anything to anyone because I wanted to see how many people remembered.

Happy Birthday!!!!11

Yeah, I don't like getting older either. I wanna stay a kid at heart.

Thanks you, for both things :)
Well we can stay a kid at heart for sure. Will we stay friends to? ;o

@OmitName said:

@2ndwonder: happy day of you. nifty new signature.

Thanks. Trail made it for me. :)

#30 Posted by BranKetra (47441 posts) -

Shalom.

#31 Edited by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

ticket went to waste, but I still had a good time at the park anyway.

#32 Posted by johnd13 (7798 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

You seem to love theme parks. I can't even rememeber the last time I visited one.

#33 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@leon2365 said:

You seem to love theme parks. I can't even rememeber the last time I visited one.

I try to visit them frequently. I usually buy season passes, so I can go often. I also try to go during the week and when kids are in school. that way the park is really empty, and there are no lines for anything.

#34 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Cool. I could be on the first page of this thread. Seems important.

#35 Edited by johnd13 (7798 posts) -

Hello.

#36 Edited by zeroyaoi (1820 posts) -

@Trail_Mix: Pretty much. I've given up on trying to make the mouse work. :P

@2ndwonder: Belated happy birthday. :O

You get yourself anything cool?

#37 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

getting back into GH isn't easy.

#38 Edited by kitty (114275 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Hello.

Hey tehre :)

@zeroyaoi said:

@Trail_Mix: Pretty much. I've given up on trying to make the mouse work. :P

@2ndwonder: Belated happy birthday. :O

You get yourself anything cool?

Thanks. :)

I got a K-On game. =P
http://i39.tinypic.com/fwlglx.jpg
better image

#39 Edited by Ring_of_fire (15620 posts) -

Hello

#41 Posted by OmitName (717 posts) -

after a scrub, chrome's suggestions under the url field when typing in 'gamespot.com/forums' listed one automatic suggestion. i wonder why it was that particular thread. i probably havent been to the xbox boards in many years.

#42 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

recently started getting into twitch tv. some interesting streams out there.

#43 Edited by kitty (114275 posts) -
#44 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Ew, I just realized Chrome changed their scroll bar. I don't like it. :(

Seems like Chrome has been progressively getting worse with every new unnecessary change.

#45 Posted by kitty (114275 posts) -

Seems like Chrome has been progressively getting worse with every new unnecessary change.

I haven't updated my chrome yet and I don't think I want to after hearing all of the bad things about it.

#46 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -
@Trail_Mix said:

I haven't updated my chrome yet and I don't think I want to after hearing all of the bad things about it.

Yeah, it used to be a simple, quick loading browser. Now it just seems sluggish and unruly. Then again, there seems to be something wrong with my computer after that windows update...

#47 Posted by kitty (114275 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:
@Trail_Mix said:

Yeah, it used to be a simple, quick loading browser. Now it just seems sluggish and unruly. Then again, there seems to be something wrong with my computer after that windows update...

I haven't heard anything about it being slow yet, you are the first to mention it. But it doesn't sound like something they should have released yet. Is there no way to go back to the old one? You have windows 8?

#48 Posted by Cougarhart61 (7098 posts) -

Hello everyone.

#49 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

trying my hand at game streaming. interesting business.

#50 Posted by johnd13 (7798 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

trying my hand at game streaming. interesting business.

You mean watching streams or streaming your own gaming?