Roll Call - April Fool's Day Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: Yeah, lots of new members I see. At least you're still here. :/

#52 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14404 posts) -

Yeah, lots of new members I see. At least you're still here. :/

You seem thrilled I'm still here :P

I may not post as much, especially with me starting work soon, but I'm doing what I can to at least keep OT's Roll Call going.

#54 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23297 posts) -

Very slow day today.

#55 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -

Which is better: getting an Xbox One or all this?

I got all this on Craigslist for $170. It feels like I stole it, but maybe I just got a helluva deal. I've been debating getting a 360 over a new gen console like Wiiu or Xbone because I had one before having to sell it. When I heard Live arcade games didn't transfer, I knew instantly that I should get a 360 for sure... but only if I could find one at a good price. I called this guy day-of-post and he was like, "come on by."

Now I can play Super Meat Boy and Metal Arms again! :)))))))

plus the added entertainment value Live has to offer makes me love the purchase even more.

#56 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -

the only thing that was holding me back from buying a 360 was the fact that outside of what I already own and played, I don't want much else. I only had Reach, 2K12, and Fifa 12 before selling my first 360, but now I have all these games and kinect (which I will not use). I kinda wanted to jump into next gen, but I couldn't see any reason to for at least another year.

#57 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

Where is everyone??

#58 Edited by Iszdope (9747 posts) -

DEADMAN POSTING...WE GOT A DEADMAN POSTING.

#59 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14404 posts) -

Where is everyone??

About to get ready for bed...I got work tomorrow. And I forgot how long days can be after being outta work for so long.

#60 Posted by quadraleap (36507 posts) -

omg, where am I>?

#61 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -

DID YOU GUYS SEET AHT??????

#62 Posted by kitty (114611 posts) -
#63 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14404 posts) -

@kitty said:

@DeadMan1290 said:

Where is everyone??

Dunno :/

I'm here. Could use some coffee, though.

#64 Posted by kitty (114611 posts) -
#65 Posted by johnd13 (8015 posts) -

@kitty said:

@DeadMan1290 said:

Where is everyone??

Was today your first day at your new job? If so, how was it? :)

#66 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14404 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@hallenbeck77 said:

@kitty said:

@DeadMan1290 said:

Where is everyone??

Was today your first day at your new job? If so, how was it? :)

My first day was actually Wednesday. You know whenever you call like a customer service line and you hear the phrase "This call may be monitored for quality assurance"? Basically, I'm the one who'll be doing the monitoring. It's my job to see that the employees are following proper protocol, and in turn, see that the staff aren't harassed by customers. I've been training for a few days, and I'll be monitoring calls by next week. Not a bad job, but it makes for a long day. I'm out the door by 5:30 am, and I don't get home until about 6:15 pm.

#67 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -
#68 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14404 posts) -
#69 Edited by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: Wow, those are long hours. Those call center jobs aren't my favorites but at least you ain't lifting heavy boxes or anything.

#70 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14404 posts) -

Wow, those are long hours. Those call center jobs aren't my favorites but at least you ain't lifting heavy boxes or anything.

I did my fair share of that when i first started working right out of high school. Did warehouse work for a local department store chain, and worked loading & unloading tractor trailer trucks for UPS (Under Paid Slaves, as it used to be called when I worked there) for about a year and a half. I don't miss that one bit.

#71 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: Ha, I've done the same, warehouse work, heavy lifting, loading/unloading, but I'd take a call center job anytime over that... And McDonald's....

#72 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14404 posts) -

@DeadMan1290 said:

Ha, I've done the same, warehouse work, heavy lifting, loading/unloading, but I'd take a call center job anytime over that... And McDonald's....

The funny thing was, during the time I was out of work, I even applied to McDonalds, Wendy's, and Jack in the Box out here, and I couldn't even get those. Maybe they looked at the past jobs I had and thought I was overqualified, I don't know. When you can't even get a job flipping burgers, that screws with your mind a bit.

#73 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

@DeadMan1290 said:

Ha, I've done the same, warehouse work, heavy lifting, loading/unloading, but I'd take a call center job anytime over that... And McDonald's....

The funny thing was, during the time I was out of work, I even applied to McDonalds, Wendy's, and Jack in the Box out here, and I couldn't even get those. Maybe they looked at the past jobs I had and thought I was overqualified, I don't know. When you can't even get a job flipping burgers, that screws with your mind a bit.

Yeah, I'm not the same anymore...

#74 Posted by coolguy90- (9166 posts) -

Been here since 2005.all the old boards are gone.nuuuu!

#75 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23297 posts) -
#76 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

Cold showers make Boo do stab................................

#78 Posted by harry_james_pot (10651 posts) -

*sets a trap at the door*

#80 Posted by Curlyfrii87 (14930 posts) -

*Crickets Chirping*

*Leaves Roll Call with tear in eye*

#81 Posted by BranKetra (48242 posts) -

Wow. I have to say that activity has really decreased here. I hope some users make some good threads and soon.

#82 Posted by BlindBluMonstah (13820 posts) -
#83 Posted by EJ902 (14280 posts) -

what has the world come to when a 20 day old roll call has only 77 posts

#84 Posted by BranKetra (48242 posts) -

@EJ902 said:

what has the world come to when a 20 day old roll call has only 77 posts

Everyone must be playing the away from the internet game.

#85 Posted by Daysonguy (6 posts) -

It's called gamespot blows.

#86 Posted by harry_james_pot (10651 posts) -
#87 Posted by TAMKFan (32732 posts) -

Wow. I have to say that activity has really decreased here. I hope some users make some good threads and soon.

I don't see it getting better any time soon. I do hope things will change later this year though. They still haven't brought levels back yet.

#88 Posted by BranKetra (48242 posts) -

@TAMKFan said:
@BranKetra said:

I don't see it getting better any time soon. I do hope things will change later this year though. They still haven't brought levels back yet.

Levels should still be coming back. There has not been any update with information contrary to that. I say patience and polite reminders that you care on the Bug Reporting & Feedback Forum is the best way to handle this. We still have those points from the past level system, so sit tight.

#89 Posted by _rock_ (7071 posts) -

Wow roll call used to be a lot more active...

#90 Posted by Iszdope (9747 posts) -

No shit Sherlock.

#91 Edited by randallchris75 (11 posts) -

the Forums here are nearly dead.

#92 Edited by zmanrwks (12561 posts) -

decided to visit the forums after forever to see how active it is.

but it's so quiet. the roll call thread has barely any posts in it... was hoping for more signs of life.

sorry if this post is beating a dead horse, just making an observation.

#93 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

The night is really dragging on.............

#94 Edited by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

Don't complain, enjoy it............

#95 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

Yeah, I'll enjoy it.........Gonna run in the rain and hopefully get struck by lightning.............Asshole..........

#96 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

Well that was rude.............Just trying ti be possitive.........

#97 Posted by Judas_ (312 posts) -

Guess getting struck by lighning isn's so bad..................Probably more likely to win a lottery.......

#98 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

That's the spirit, I guess...............

#99 Edited by Judas_ (312 posts) -

Which reminds me..............Would you rather be burned alive or get eatn by a wild animal?........

Ha! Damn keyboard..........was about to post with "animal" reading as "anal".........

#100 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

So do you think about anal a lot?...........

Got to say that I'd rather get eaten by a wild animal.........At least I would give nutrition to some animal..........

Don't think my charred remains would get eaten........