Rob Zombie doing remake of Halloween

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#1 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
http://imdb.com/title/tt0373883/

I had no idea this was in the works...
While I don't like remakes of perfectly good movies, having Rob Zombie at the helm intriques me. This will probably end up being just another cash-in like Hills Have Eyes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and all the Japanese horror movie Americanizations...But still...Rob Zombie?

What are your thoughts?
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23162 Posts
Yes, being the huge Halloween fan that I am, I'm quite looking forward to it. Fishdalf made a blog entry about it a little while back actually.
Wemhim256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Wemhim256
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
I don't know if it'll be good... However, I HO1C and TDR were good.
zombiemenace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zombiemenace
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts
The devils rejects was good so I think the movie is in pretty good hands. BTW Charles Bronson rules!
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts
Yes I've known about this for a while and I'm still on the fence about it. Rob Zombie does have some interesting ideas but in my opinion his movies have demonstrated that he can't fully realize these ideas and thus they come out as somewhat erratic in nature. Still...it does have me interested to see what he does. I just hope he doesn't try to pay too much homage to the original and ends up sacrificing his own vision in the process. 
DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts
The devils rejects was good so I think the movie is in pretty good hands. BTW Charles Bronson rules!zombiemenace
The Devil's Rejects was awesome, and I'm definately looking forward to this movie.
laineter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 laineter
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts
I'm going to wait for that, coz I like that kind of movie. I can't wait to see that.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 spazzx625
Yes I've known about this for a while and I'm still on the fence about it. Rob Zombie does have some interesting ideas but in my opinion his movies have demonstrated that he can't fully realize these ideas and thus they come out as somewhat erratic in nature. Still...it does have me interested to see what he does. I just hope he doesn't try to pay too much homage to the original and ends up sacrificing his own vision in the process. Lord_Daemon
Yeah, that's the only way I'd really like to see this movie...If he just takes the material and then runs with it in his own way. If it's just a remake with creepier visuals (ala Charlie and the Chocolate factory) I'm not sold.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16883 Posts
I think this might be the rare case of a remake being almost as good as the original (i.e. Dawn of the Dead,  Texas Chainsaw Massacre).  Read in an interview on MTV.com awhile back that he was going to focus on Michael Myers and the Doctor who hunted him down, as opposed to just chasing good looking teens around.  After seeing 1000 corpses and The Devil's Rejects (Way better than Corpses), I'm interested to see what he can do with this film series.
DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts
I think this might be the rare case of a remake being almost as good as the original (i.e. Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Read in an interview on MTV.com awhile back that he was going to focus on Michael Myers and the Doctor who hunted him down, as opposed to just chasing good looking teens around. After seeing 1000 corpses and The Devil's Rejects (Way better than Corpses), I'm interested to see what he can do with this film series.Hallenbeck77
Ugh, I hated 1000 Corpses.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spazzx625
I think this might be the rare case of a remake being almost as good as the original (i.e. Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Read in an interview on MTV.com awhile back that he was going to focus on Michael Myers and the Doctor who hunted him down, as opposed to just chasing good looking teens around. After seeing 1000 corpses and The Devil's Rejects (Way better than Corpses), I'm interested to see what he can do with this film series.Hallenbeck77
The doctor is being played by Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange), so yeah...that was pretty obvious he was a bigger part of the story
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16883 Posts
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]I think this might be the rare case of a remake being almost as good as the original (i.e. Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Read in an interview on MTV.com awhile back that he was going to focus on Michael Myers and the Doctor who hunted him down, as opposed to just chasing good looking teens around. After seeing 1000 corpses and The Devil's Rejects (Way better than Corpses), I'm interested to see what he can do with this film series.DarkPrinceXC
Ugh, I hated 1000 Corpses.

Corpses was okay, but Rejects was way better storywise & visually. At least I thought so, anyway.
matrix_hiei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 matrix_hiei
Member since 2004 • 4793 Posts
i have no interest in horror movies, so i would prefer rob zombie stop making movies and start tourning again.
M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts
I loved the 1st Two Halloweens.
Quite interesting to have Rob Zombie directing it.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
rob zombie is good for shock horror, not much else. cant see him doing halloween well, since the original had almost no blood at all.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#16 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
I'm interested as well. I enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses as well as The Devil's Rejects. I have high expectations.
LB80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 LB80
Member since 2005 • 618 Posts

Another unnecessary remake done by Hollywood because they know it's an easy way to make money.

I wouldn't let Rob Zombie direct any films, let alone a remake of a classic horror film.

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
I knew about this ages ago. Ive actually read an abridged version of the script (dont ask me for a link), and it sounds kinda crap to be honest. Half the movie will be about Michael in a psychiatric ward, where he talks (as an adult and a child) and wears different masks to represent what mood he is in. He will also run, not walk menacingly like in the original. Laurie Strode will only be in the last half hour or so of the movie, which will be entirely from Michaels perspective...Ill see it, but im not sure if ill like it...
Darth-Mac10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Darth-Mac10
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
good. he needs to be a lil darker... :P
Ovechkin887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Ovechkin887
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
It looks like a gore fest no diff than the orginal more blood violence. thats it
MarineXXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MarineXXII
Member since 2007 • 1583 Posts
i loved the original Halloween, prob. the most scariest movie i have ever watch, Myers just gives me the creeps, hopefully Rob Zombie will not screw it up
GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 GameFreak315
Member since 2003 • 28485 Posts

Really? I've known about it for like a year. :P

Normally, I'd think that a remake of a c|assic like Halloween would be a bad idea, but I trust Mr. Zombie. :)

-WhiteSnake-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -WhiteSnake-
Member since 2005 • 3870 Posts
The original by John Carpenter was good so I am def. going to see Rob Zombies take on it, looks good.
ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ff7fan2
Member since 2006 • 31413 Posts
Really? I've known about it for like a year. :PGameFreak315
Notice that this thread was bumped. :P
I'm going to see this one too...I enjoyed the original.
-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts
Yes, being the huge Halloween fan that I am, I'm quite looking forward to it.megagene
Same here. Do you have the DVD box set with all the old Halloween movies? I was thinking about getting it.
PapaGlide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 PapaGlide
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

looks scary