RIP my good life 2001-2013

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for lucianocasanova
lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lucianocasanova
Member since 2014 • 813 Posts

Ah. I might be whining here, yes you have to grow up I know you can't just be a kid forever. But I am really going to start discussing why I prefered those years than 2014 and 2015 it wasn't actually untill November 2013 when my life went downhill

I been in previous years, however they were still fun and easy years, unlike know

I used to go out to places more often back then know, the holidays were also for me back then. Know is just simply either go trick or treating a few houses and go back home(we still go out to places but not for that long), just get presents and back to school or just eat the lunch and give thanks

Back then Christmas was better for me, we would go to places, more traditions and they were more gifts. Now I just get like 2 or 3 gifts a year. Meh for me. I only trick a treat like one public place then a few houses. Back then I would go like 10 houses or more, and as for thanksgiving all we do is pray and eat. We would watch shows and go to the park back then(we don't even pray anymore). The media nowadays just gives way too much bad news(well that maybe is just me) and last school has gotten more stressful and worse. Since 4th grade I been struggling(I was bullied a lot) however though in 6th grade it took it to the next level. More hatred towards me(well not really kinda of the same) but know teachers redirect and are more stricter than ever and even redirect me for no reason(well thinking sometimes the reasons they redirect for are stupid)

Also TV was also better. More variety and better shows

So what was the point of this thread

For support

My life sucks know and I also would get bullied a lot in IGN(Apperantly they take it too serious with the way I posted so I had to be banned for 5 months so this August I get un-banned)

So if you could give me support. Thank you

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I do not think you shall find what you are looking for, here.

Instead, what you need to hear is that life can get better than it was for you, before, if you recognize the fact that the past has already taken place and you ought to take the initiative to make a better life for you and your family.

Good luck.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Regarding Halloween and Christmas I guess you are too young, that's just part of growing. Less gift are the norm and aside from Halloween parties some people look ok at people dressing up. It is what it is.

As for "we don't even pray anymore", hopefully that hasn't hollowed you out. It can be a "blessing" in the long term.

There are many many good TV shows right now and you can catch good old shows through Netflix and the like.

As for the internet, sometimes it can be really good to take a break, have some perspective. For some people the internets is serious business and others just wanna watch the world burn. So don't take much from the internets to heart.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lucianocasanova

@BranKetra: thanks for your support while I highly doubt it will get any better. But it will try

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nikkycat
Member since 2010 • 912 Posts

Life has its up's and downs. All I can really say is that you just need to persevere. I had issues with school at times, college, jobs. Most people go through those times. I also used to miss being a child. While it's great to be care free, it's also really nice to be able to be an adult. Sure, there are responsibilities, but you will be able to handle it. It's a great feeling to have knowing that if you want to stay up for 3AM and play Bloodborne, that you can. As you gain responsibilities, you gain more freedoms. It does get better, trust us. Just keep your chin up, you'll see.

Edit: As for the TV/Internet, Master_Live hit it on the head.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lucianocasanova

@nikkycat: why do you need to be an adult. I will let my 3 year old do the same

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

Wait until you do your taxes and realize you made half of what you did the year before at the same crap job. That's why man invented booze.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

It only gets worse, I'm afraid.

One day you'll find yourself toiling for 40+ hours a week for the "privilege" of sending a huge chunk of your income to Israel and the military (via the IRS). And you'll be lucky if you get 15 days of leave a year, most of which you'll just spend catching up on sleep and the various loathsome chores of life.

Face it. It was a mistake to grow up. You ought to have remained a child, like Peter Pan. :-(

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Yeah life can get you down sometimes, but trust me, and BranKetra for that matter, life almost always gets better if you give it time. You get less presents now, but hey when you get an income you have the power to buy things for yourself which won't disappoint because you know what you wanted in the first place. Not to mention the satisfaction that comes with having the ability to buy things for yourself as well as others. There's nothing quite like knowing you got a person just the right thing.

A whole lot of this in fact can either be fixed with time or just by trying to initiate things yourself. Going to the park for example, just ask people if they want get outside for a while and do stuff. Halloween may not be about trick or treating, but eventually it will be about dressing up in fun costumes and spending time with friends. Hang in there and you'll see that a lot of this stuff gets resolved.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Guys, the topic creator needs positive support and not some bleak projections on life. It is not as if everyone must live some horribly mundane life. Could we get away from that?

Thanks, @Serraph105.

Really, @lucianocasanova, well-being is very related to will. There is evidence to suggest that how you view yourself and the world determines not only how others think of you, but actually how you feel. It might seem puzzling to internalize that, but there is truth to it. Simple changing like power poses in front of a mirror for a little while can significantly improve confidence. I recommend you take a look and listen to Amy Cuddy about the value of body language.

Loading Video...

Faking things or acting out personality traits and habits can be the foundation for real substantial change.

Consider doing a workout.

Within one hour, do as many pushups and squats that you can.

Every ten minutes, aim for fifty pushups and fifty squats. At the start, do the exercises then rest for the remainder of the time.

Do this five days a week, every week.

I did this every day (seven days a week; a bit more harsh training) for three months and with time extensions, I made it to fifteen hundred pushups in an hour and forty-five minutes and a thousand squats in about an hour and forty minutes. It can be done and being fit has been a great confidence booster, for me. Also, the fact that I know that I am able to accomplish something like that is a source of reassurance, for me, whenever someone doubts my motivation. Many other people have stories like mine and you could totally do it, if you are willing.

The moral that I am seeking to inform you about is that human will is a powerful thing and it is as powerful as a person trains it to become.

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

When you get older, things change...it's about maturity. Everyone feels that way at some point; our childhoods are meant to be carefree, innocent and fun. I miss my childhood frequently, but you learn to appreciate the memories and look forward to every different stage of life for what it has to offer.

Halloween becomes more about (depending on your lifestyle) going to parties, watching horror movies/playing horror games, etc.

Christmas is more about appreciating family/friends and less about gifts.

Media has always been depressing. If it gets you down then you should try not to watch the news or read too much into it. Even though it's good not to be ignorant about world events, sometimes it's better for your well-being if hearing about bad news affects you negatively.

And I think based on the IGN comment that you may be taking online forums a bit too seriously, they shouldn't affect your life so much. Take into consideration that people can be more offensive online than in reality as they are sitting behind computer screens and therefore they feel anonymous.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

Eh my dad makes my life a living hell when he has the chance anyways, so do what i do: MAN UP YOU SON OF A GUN! :p

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@Stesilaus said:

in some ways; yes, in others; no

we tend to have the ability to rationalize whatever situation we're in to be preferential to whatever alternative we concoct in our minds

like, e.g i'm in a wheelchair but thank god for that because it's made the man i am today

bullshit like that :)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

You sound very very young.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I guess it depend where you're at.

Here in AZ, we had our first real Halloween trick or treating last year after six years of being away. Had enough candy to last three months and we did just our street.

Not sure what your family's situation is. But, I work. My wife works. I also take classes. My wife helps run her family business (in the Philippines) long distance. We have to clean the house, do laundry, cook, yard work, etc. Yet, we still find the time to take the kids somewhere or do road trips. Probably why our 19-year old doesn't want to leave home. She's too happy staying with us.

We also maintain close family ties both with my side and the in-laws. That alone guarantees many gifts come Christmas and birthdays.

I told my kids if they want more presents, they better keep in touch with their aunts and uncles. Noting wrong with being a superkiss so long as the ass you kiss is the right one.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

sounds like you're getting older.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@lucianocasanova dude, you should be glad you even had a few good years, or a past life that rocked. Appreciate the fact that you had it, and yes grow up and earn it now. My dad never gave me Christmas or birthday gifts, period. I didn't even have cable till i was like 16. I would look back, and think to my myself if i were you, how much you appreciate those nice things you had, and suck it up and learn that in life you must earn everything. That is how it is for most. Yes, you sound young. Lots of life to experience, but know its a hard road. If you get gifts or any easy tasks, be happy & glad. I don't hear anything hard in your life. Appreciate every moment, minute, and smile. You are responsible for your own happiness. Remember that. Make the best of it kid. Good luck

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lucianocasanova

@LexLas: thanks I just wish I would still have it

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Life's a roller coaster man..

You'll hate this at first but it will make sense later. Just like some drunk told me.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@Stesilaus said:

One day you'll find yourself toiling for 40+ hours a week for the "privilege" of sending a huge chunk of your income to Israel and the military (via the IRS). And you'll be lucky if you get 15 days of leave a year, most of which you'll just spend catching up on sleep and the various loathsome chores of life.

Face it. It was a mistake to grow up. You ought to have remained a child, like Peter Pan. :-(

How is like 0.02% a huge chunk of your income?

Why is it only a "privilege" to Israel and not Pakistan, Jordan, Poland etc?

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@lucianocasanova said:

@LexLas: thanks I just wish I would still have it

You will still have it, and more then your dreams can imagine. It just takes time. Trust me ..

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Wait? How old are you TC?

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

Didn't you make a thread about GTA where you said you were 13?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

@lucianocasanova:

You might consider looking at things from a different perspective. Many of the situations we find ourselves in, especially those that are unpleasant, can be changed, or at least related to differently if we adjust our perceptions of the situation.

You say you don’t get out as much, but as you get older you’ll find yourself with more freedom to go out anywhere you want, naturally this is usually balanced with something like a curfew or having to call and “check in” every so often.

You mention not getting tons of presents at Christmas, and its true, as we get older, often our treasure trove of holiday gifts gets smaller. You might try finding enjoyment in other aspects of the holidays, whether its seeing friends and family, eating holiday food, giving gifts for a change instead of receiving them, or giving cards. You don’t have to spend a lot, often just giving or making someone a card for the holidays shows that you’re thinking of them during this special time of year and that can mean a lot.

You mentioned being stressed a lot. Almost everyone goes through stress at some point in their lives. As you get older, with more freedoms and responsibilities come more stressors. Stress about life, stress about work, stress about school, etc. What do you normally do to relieve stress? Two of the most common stress relievers are meditation and exercise. Meditation, when done in a quiet, relaxing place, can help clear your mind and shift your focus away from things that have been stressing you out. Exercise can help relieve stress as well. If you have a close friend or family member, you can try talking to them about what is stressing you out. Sometimes just having someone listen can be a big help.

You mentioned bullies, and even though it sounds easier than it really is, ignoring them is usually the way to go. Bullies only provoke to get a reaction, then they try and escalate that reaction until it becomes a volatile situation, but if you don’t give them any reaction, they cant really do anything. Sometimes walking away really is for the best.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@Hatiko said:

Didn't you make a thread about GTA where you said you were 13?

If he's actually only 13 then..

1) Damn, he young. Hell he wasn't even alive in the 90's.

2) he's got the best years ahead of him. High School, College and a career you enjoy are all great. I was much happier when I got out of high school and immensely more happy when I graduated and went into the world on my own. He hasn't even begun the good times yet. 13 is literally one of the worst times, puberty, drama, parents etc.

3) TC.. we are in the golden age of television. There are fantastic TV programs, but considering you are only 13, that may be the explanation as to why you haven't seen any of them. You are in the awkward stage between cartoons and mature television programs.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lucianocasanova

@ferrari2001: @Hatiko: That wasn't me who made that thread though.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

@lucianocasanova said:

@ferrari2001: @Hatiko: That wasn't me who made that thread though.

Oh, I'm sorry. I should have made sure before I made a comment.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

@lucianocasanova said:

Ah. I might be whining here, yes you have to grow up I know you can't just be a kid forever. But I am really going to start discussing why I prefered those years than 2014 and 2015 it wasn't actually untill November 2013 when my life went downhill

I been in previous years, however they were still fun and easy years, unlike know

I used to go out to places more often back then know, the holidays were also for me back then. Know is just simply either go trick or treating a few houses and go back home(we still go out to places but not for that long), just get presents and back to school or just eat the lunch and give thanks

Back then Christmas was better for me, we would go to places, more traditions and they were more gifts. Now I just get like 2 or 3 gifts a year. Meh for me. I only trick a treat like one public place then a few houses. Back then I would go like 10 houses or more, and as for thanksgiving all we do is pray and eat. We would watch shows and go to the park back then(we don't even pray anymore). The media nowadays just gives way too much bad news(well that maybe is just me) and last school has gotten more stressful and worse. Since 4th grade I been struggling(I was bullied a lot) however though in 6th grade it took it to the next level. More hatred towards me(well not really kinda of the same) but know teachers redirect and are more stricter than ever and even redirect me for no reason(well thinking sometimes the reasons they redirect for are stupid)

Also TV was also better. More variety and better shows

So what was the point of this thread

For support

My life sucks know and I also would get bullied a lot in IGN(Apperantly they take it too serious with the way I posted so I had to be banned for 5 months so this August I get un-banned)

So if you could give me support. Thank you

Just because you don't want to hear the bad news does not mean that you shouldn't think that it's reality, for someone. You're life isn't bad, at all. I don't even need to know an single thing about you to know that your life isn't that bad. Hopefully something truly horrible does not need to happen to you in order for you to realize that. If not, then good luck. =p