RIP Marcia Wallace (Edna Krabappel from The Simpsons)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25717 posts) -

Deadline

Man, say what you want about recent Simpsons episodes, but it's still sad to see one of the most well known voice actors go after working on the show for so long. :(

I wonder if this will mean Edna will end up like Troy McClure after Phil Hartman passed.

#2 Edited by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

She will be missed.

#3 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

#4 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20785 posts) -

So will the show outlive all the voice actors?

#5 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14227 posts) -

I'm curious how things will fit in the overall storyline. Being that she had just married Ned a few seasons ago, I'm wondering if they're going to turn Mrs. Krabappel into a silent character like Lionel Hutz,reducing her into appearing into non-speaking roles.

#6 Posted by xdude85 (4300 posts) -

One of the greatest teachers ever. So sad to hear that she's gone.

#7 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25717 posts) -

I'm curious how things will fit in the overall storyline. Being that she had just married Ned a few seasons ago, I'm wondering if they're going to turn Mrs. Krabappel into a silent character like Lionel Hutz,reducing her into appearing into non-speaking roles.

I forgot about that. I've always been watching Simpsons episodes in a cluster, it's hard to keep track with a lot of them. Well, considering that, I guess a Troy McClure-esque fate is out of the question.

#8 Posted by chessmaster1989 (28886 posts) -

Really a shame, she was great and will be missed. RIP

#9 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (27929 posts) -

Hah!

#10 Edited by sukraj (21470 posts) -

RIP

#11 Posted by RoccoHout (968 posts) -

I really liked her as a character, its sad to see someone pass away that has been working with the Simpsons since the very beginning, way back in 1989.

I do wonder what het fate is going to be in the series, I think Ned is going to lose a second wife

#12 Posted by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -
#13 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36689 posts) -

wut
They're married?

#14 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14227 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

wut

They're married?

They started dating a few seasons back, and secretly got married at the end of season 23.

#15 Posted by RoccoHout (968 posts) -

The entire Ned and Edna relationship was terrible imo, wish that never happened

#16 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23800 posts) -

The entire Ned and Edna relationship was terrible imo, wish that never happened

I didn't like that, either. Still sad that the actress died.

#17 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10683 posts) -

Awhh that's sad :( RIP.

#18 Posted by AcidTango (433 posts) -

The creators of the show said that they will retire her character.

#19 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1263 posts) -

And Lou Reed.

:(

Requiescat in Pace.

#20 Edited by roulettethedog (10923 posts) -

R.I.P. I loved her in the Bob Newhart show.

#21 Posted by Nuck81 (5728 posts) -

Mrs. Krabappel was one of the most consistent and reliable characters over the years.

What a bummer. Luckily Marcia Wallace was involved in something that will be remembered and revered long after any of us here are gone.

She'll live on

#22 Posted by Tqricardinho (340 posts) -

Best show ever!!! R.I.P. Marcia Wallace