Rioting going in Baltimore.(update).

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

I'm surprised we made it to page 3 before somebody brought up slavery in Africa.

Was gonna happen eventually. I wonder if by the year 2357 slavery will still be the reason for problems in the black community.

LOL humans might be extinct by then.

Lmfao wooh!!! Yeh its all a big laugh ay its hilarious. Slavery happened no?

Cause and effect guys cause and effect.

I wonder if back in the day instead of enslaving blacks and miss treating them if blacks were brought over and actually given a fair go and given honest work and good pay and equal opportunities from the get go, i wonder how that would effect the behavior of blacks of today?

Just a little food for thought.

You might be right. Slavery and oppression is the cause for the high amount of black on black crime. Slavery and oppression is the cause for poor education levels among black people. Slavery and oppression is the cause for the gangsta rap culture of disrespect.

You're right, none of it is because of a person's choices.

So you think that theres no such thing as cause and effect no?

You are just resigned to think that black people are just a bad bunch.its this lack of understanding that brings about anger.

Of course if things had been how i suggested instead of the travesty it was, things would be alot different today You can be in denial of that all you want.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#152  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@silkylove said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@ariabed said:

Black lives matter.

Tired of hearing that. ALL lives matter.

I'll just leave this here:

When we deploy “All Lives Matter” as to correct an intervention specifically created to address anti-blackness,, we lose the ways in which the state apparatus has built a program of genocide and repression mostly on the backs of Black people—beginning with the theft of millions of people for free labor—and then adapted it to control, murder, and profit off of other communities of color and immigrant communities. We perpetuate a level of White supremacist domination by reproducing a tired trope that we are all the same, rather than acknowledging that non-Black oppressed people in this country are both impacted by racism and domination, and simultaneously, BENEFIT from anti-black racism.

When you drop “Black” from the equation of whose lives matter, and then fail to acknowledge it came from somewhere, you further a legacy of erasing Black lives and Black contributions from our movement legacy. And consider whether or not when dropping the Black you are, intentionally or unintentionally, erasing Black folks from the conversation or homogenizing very different experiences. The legacy and prevalence of anti-Black racism and hetero-patriarchy is a lynch pin holding together this unsustainable economy. And that’s not an accidental analogy.

http://thefeministwire.com/2014/10/blacklivesmatter-2/

Like I was saying, all lives matter.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I love that people still keep bringing up slavery. What a fucking joke some people are...

Also, does no one remember how well rioting went for Detroit? It's been fucking DECADES and you can barely say that some steps towards recovery are being made...

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

I'm surprised we made it to page 3 before somebody brought up slavery in Africa.

Was gonna happen eventually. I wonder if by the year 2357 slavery will still be the reason for problems in the black community.

I wonder if back in the day instead of enslaving blacks and miss treating them if blacks were brought over and actually given a fair go and given honest work and good pay and equal opportunities from the get go, i wonder how that would effect the behavior of blacks of today?

The **** are you quoting me for?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 gamerguru100

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I love that people still keep bringing up slavery. What a fucking joke some people are...

Also, does no one remember how well rioting went for Detroit? It's been fucking DECADES and you can barely say that some steps towards recovery are being made...

Agreed. I don't think blacks in the 21st century can keep blaming slavery for their problems. A little too late for that.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Ariabed

@n64dd said:
@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

Let go of slavery. That happened over 150 years ago.

Btw, i support your right to be angry. Some shitty stuff is happening with some police. It isn't right, but hurting others and your own community is not the answer, and you know that.

It started 150 years ago and continued from then onwards, and even after slavery ended blacks then had to fight for equal rights so don't give me that crap.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Heading to bed guys. Hope everybody in baltimore stays safe, and I hope this dies down. Night.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Ariabed

@gamerguru100 said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

Well **** off then, nobody forced you to reply.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

You might be right. Slavery and oppression is the cause for the high amount of black on black crime. Slavery and oppression is the cause for poor education levels among black people. Slavery and oppression is the cause for the gangsta rap culture of disrespect.

You are just resigned to think that black people are just a bad bunch.its this lack of understanding that brings about anger.

Of course if things had been how i suggested instead of the travesty it was, things would be alot different today You can be in denial of that all you want.

Not all black people are bad, not all white people are bad, not all people of any race or religion are bad, but to say that all the problems in the black community today are solely because of slavery is not rationale.

Had there never been black slavery in the US, I don't know what the result would have been. My guess is there would be a lot less black people in the country. If you want to blame all sufferings of the black community on slavery and opression, go back and read up on your history of the Chinese in California and how they were treated. They were the first ethnic group to be banned from immigrating to the United States for over 60 years, and those Chinese that already were living in the US were banned from being employed for a time in California.

Last I checked the Chinese community in America was prospering with low rates of crime and poverty. Ya dig?

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@silkylove said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@ariabed said:

Black lives matter.

When we deploy “All Lives Matter” as to correct an intervention specifically created to address anti-blackness,, we lose the ways in which the state apparatus has built a program of genocide and repression mostly on the backs of Black people—beginning with the theft of millions of people for free labor—and then adapted it to control, murder, and profit off of other communities of color and immigrant communities. We perpetuate a level of White supremacist domination by reproducing a tired trope that we are all the same, rather than acknowledging that non-Black oppressed people in this country are both impacted by racism and domination, and simultaneously, BENEFIT from anti-black racism.

When you drop “Black” from the equation of whose lives matter, and then fail to acknowledge it came from somewhere, you further a legacy of erasing Black lives and Black contributions from our movement legacy. And consider whether or not when dropping the Black you are, intentionally or unintentionally, erasing Black folks from the conversation or homogenizing very different experiences. The legacy and prevalence of anti-Black racism and hetero-patriarchy is a lynch pin holding together this unsustainable economy. And that’s not an accidental analogy.

Clearly black lives matter more. Clearly.

...Clearly.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 gamerguru100

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

Well **** off then, nobody forced you to reply.

Calm your tits. Slavery ended a century and a half ago. Blacks in 2015 can't really use slavery as a scapegoat anymore. At some point, people have to take responsibility for their own actions. They can't really blame "whitey" anymore.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Ariabed

@gamerguru100 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Agreed. I don't think blacks in the 21st century can keep blaming slavery for their problems. A little too late for that.

You know what this is exactly why i stopped posting in OT the first time, you guys haven't a fucking clue, you're not black you dont live in a poor repressed black neighborhood, you don't fucking know what is like to be black. You seem to think that the past doesn't directly effect the future, only when it suits you do you believe that.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 gamerguru100

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

You know what this is exactly why i stopped posting in OT the first time, you guys haven't a fucking clue, you're not black you dont live in a poor repressed black neighborhood, you don't fucking know what is like to be black. You seem to think that the past doesn't directly effect the future, only when it suits you do you believe that.

I'm guessing you didn't watch that video earlier, huh? I suggest you do so. The man has a good point.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Ariabed

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

Not all black people are bad, not all white people are bad, not all people of any race or religion are bad, but to say that all the problems in the black community today are solely because of slavery is not rationale.

Had there never been black slavery in the US, I don't know what the result would have been. My guess is there would be a lot less black people in the country. If you want to blame all sufferings of the black community on slavery and opression, go back and read up on your history of the Chinese in California and how they were treated. They were the first ethnic group to be banned from immigrating to the United States for over 60 years, and those Chinese that already were living in the US were banned from being employed for a time in California.

Last I checked the Chinese community in America was prospering with low rates of crime and poverty. Ya dig?

Were they treated as badly as blacks?

Were they made slaves?

Were they beaten to death?

Were they burned alived where they slept?

Were they hung from trees?

"Had there never been black slavery in the US, I don't know what the result would have been"

I will tell you what the results would have fucking been, if the whites of the past had behaved like civilised human beings and brought blacks over and given them fair work and pay and treated blacks with respect.

Then all the generations of blacks to follow would grow up with a love and respect for America and for the white man that brought them here. They would feel equal in there hearts and have confidence that they will live a fair life without prejudice.

Instead evry generation of blacks grows up learning of how blacks were cruelly treated and used as slaves by the white man and how blacks had to endure violence while peacefully protesting for equal rights and also how even to this day there are still struggles that a blackman must endure.

You think that doesn't have an effect on young blacks growing up, especially the poor ones, so they grow up with this **** the world attitude, and thye feel they don't stand a chance to make it, so they turn to the gang bangers and drug dealers for a sense of security and belonging, they feel the dealers and gang bangers care more about them than society does because i dont see society rushing out to help poor black kids in the ghetto to try and make something of there lives.

Its a never ending cycle in the poorer areas the ghettos, all it would take to break the cycle is for some people with power and money to give a **** and try and undo the wrongs from the past. Show the young generation that society does care and wants to help them become an asset to society.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@richietickles: "Clearly black lives matter more. Clearly....Clearly."

I think the point is that Blacks are still the most scrutinized race in America

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#166 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I plan on reading through this thread on my lunch break but I see this is getting a bit hot and confrontational, so I'd like to ask you guys to keep it civil. Go for for a walk or hit the gym if the negative energies start piling up; nothing good comes from insulting each other. We're all pretty, no need to argue ;-)

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#167 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

@silkylove said:

@JustPlainLucas:

Interesting that you can't read two paragraphs. It's just the woman who actually made the hashtag "blacklivesmatter" giving her opinion on the "alllivesmatter" correction that some people insist on making. I also don't see any point in which I or she called you a racist. We're just having a conversation about race so no need for swastika tattoos.

This might be an informative read for some people. Might explain why some of these conversations go way overboard, way fast:

http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/white-fragility-why-its-so-hard-to-talk-to-white-people-about-racism-twlm/

I wouldn't have been sarcastic with the tattoo remark had it not been for the White supremacy comment she made. That's honestly how it made me feel, that since I don't want to get behind Black Lives Matter, I'm part of this whole "White supremacy domination" thing going on; that by not getting behind the hashtag, I'm somehow keeping black people down and trying to erase their existence. Seriously, that's a really stupid thing to say. I care for humanity and humankind as whole, so that's why I'm sick of hearing Black Lives Matter, because it suggests that anyone else affected by police brutality and wrongful deaths that aren't black, their lives don't matter. And you know what? It actually kind of is true, because the media feeds off reports like Freddie Gray. If Gray was white, the sad state of affairs is, Baltimore would not be up in arms right now, and that just deflects the root of the problem at hand: authority versus citizens. Every single person has the right to not get beaten or killed or wrongfully arrested by police, and by only focusing on the black side, then their stories get untold. They become unimportant and forgotten about. Who will protest for them? No one, because they aren't black, so their lives don't matter...

Just because someone writes something that mentions white supremacy doesn't mean that they are calling their white readers white supremacists. White supremacy is a system of beliefs. It's not a group of people. The whole Black Lives Matter campaign was designed to raise awareness about a segment of the population who were being killed with little or no public attention. It wasn't to diminish or detract from white victims of rape and violence. This country has a history of not caring about black death. Remember it wasn't too long ago when there were picnics at black lynchings. It wasn't too long ago when a black person wasn't allowed to testify against a white person. Tuskegee Experiments? Nobody cared. Government funded compulsory sterilization of black, Latino and Native-American women? Nobody cared. But we don't have to go back that far. For example, OJ Simpson, a football player, killed his wife and some would call that the story of the century. Rae Carruth, a football player, killed his pregnant wife and nobody cared. Why? The race of the victim. The Central Park Jogger case was probably the biggest case of the 80's. A month after that happened a black woman was raped and thrown off a rooftop in Brooklyn and nobody cared. Why? The race of the victim. In late March of last year the Ebola Virus had already crossed two borders, and yet nobody cared until there were white American victims on American soil. The WHO didn't even declare it an international emergency until August when there had already been thousands of deaths. This is how it's been. Every few years you might get a story that registers, a "16th Street Baptist Church," or a "Rodney King," or an "Amadou Diallo." But by and large nobody cared about victims of color until social media and the Black Lives Matter campaign. It's only been 3 years of increased scrutiny born of the Trayvon case and many white people are already fatigued by coverage of black victims and damming reports from the Department of Justice about policing in Ferguson and Cleveland. It's not like the numbers have actually increased. It's just that they are actually being reported. Which is why I think BLM is a good thing.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By PSP107

@silkylove:

Oh thanks for that info. We all know the media covers story that know will be big.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Master_Live

@Iszdope said:

Forget Jimmy McNulty...where is Omar Little when you need him..?

Woah, no need to bring violence into this.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

Well the Chinese have done an admirable job in adapting to life in the United States. But then again, so have black people. The thing about the Chinese is that when they first got here they were stereotyped as subhuman. They were feared because they were taking jobs from white people. Their neighborhoods were described as dens of prostitution and drugs. They were given the most dangerous work. This was called "Yellow Peril." However, things started changing around WWII. The United States needed China during the war, so they effectively re-branded the Chinese as hard working, trustworthy, and mild-mannered. Safe. This made white Americans more accepting of the idea of working and living alongside them, which was useful, because otherwise the Chinese overseas would've told us to **** off. Then after the war was won that stereotypical net was cast over the Japanese as well. Then some intrepid social conservatives started using that stereotype to re-enforce notions of black inferiority. They would say, "look at this Asian family. They pulled themselves up from poverty in one generation with no complaints, not like those lazy blacks who are loud, obnoxious and always looking for a government handout." The Model Minority stereotype. Of course they never mention this re-branding. Classic divide an conquer. They also fail to say that Asians in America are allowed to succeed, but only so much. If they become too successful then they are a threat to white supremacy. So instead they are allowed to be somewhat successful and the cost is that they have been effectively silenced politically and socially. This is why you have a few Asian congressmen and women, maybe a cabinet member or two, a couple Governors, but no Supreme Court Justices or Presidents. A handful of movie stars. The cost for Asian-Americans is the psychological damage. If you are a young Asian-American and you're successful in school then so what? You're not exceptional, you're just doing what you're "genetically predisposed to do." If you are unexceptional? Well you might as well kill yourself. Re-branding was never going to work for black people since the entire system of white supremacy hinges on the notion of black inferiority. Therefore black people in America adopted another strategy. Civil disobedience, sit-ins, legal challenges, and yes, even riots.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#173 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

Mom beats up son at Baltimore riot.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

For one thing, I'm black but I gave up this slavery crap long ago. I don't care about the past, just the future. So yeah I gave up the black racist shit decades ago and not all blacks are like that.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#175 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@davillain-: To bad not all black people are as awesome as you but it's the same with any race eh?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#176 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

They are only hurting themselves.

I guess they all want to live in a slummy area like Detroit where home is in some abandoned place.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 DaVillain  Moderator

@dylandr: Oh thanks :-) But my point was that color shouldn't matter, we are all Human after all (if none of you are not Human, then let me say welcome to Earth) and that's how I look at it. Sorry but I don't take the whole race card crap serious nor do I care about it. If you must know, my baby mama happens to be Asian-American.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#178 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@davillain-: i might not be human but i am sentient enough to not be a racist retard

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#179 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

Were they made slaves?

"Had there never been black slavery in the US, I don't know what the result would have been"

I will tell you what the results would have fucking been, if the whites of the past had behaved like civilised human beings and brought blacks over and given them fair work and pay and treated blacks with respect.

Then all the generations of blacks to follow would grow up with a love and respect for America and for the white man that brought them here. They would feel equal in there hearts and have confidence that they will live a fair life without prejudice.

Instead evry generation of blacks grows up learning of how blacks were cruelly treated and used as slaves by the white man and how blacks had to endure violence while peacefully protesting for equal rights and also how even to this day there are still struggles that a blackman must endure.

You think that doesn't have an effect on young blacks growing up, especially the poor ones, so they grow up with this **** the world attitude, and thye feel they don't stand a chance to make it, so they turn to the gang bangers and drug dealers for a sense of security and belonging, they feel the dealers and gang bangers care more about them than society does because i dont see society rushing out to help poor black kids in the ghetto to try and make something of there lives.

Its a never ending cycle in the poorer areas the ghettos, all it would take to break the cycle is for some people with power and money to give a **** and try and undo the wrongs from the past. Show the young generation that society does care and wants to help them become an asset to society.

I have read some crazy things on this forum and your post is no different.

But it also shows the problem. Black people beside having to grow up in a time where people have zero respect for anything but their own needs and their own ego, also have to keep listening to people who live in the past and keep living there because they don't want to face the reality of their own failures and its easier to blame others than to see that.

So no it would not take some people with power and money to stop it. It will take people to start seeing that the only one that has a responsibility for their life are themselves.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#180 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@magicalclick said:

@brimmul777:

No, it is another day in East Coast.

Point taken.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@n64dd said:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZfUCxXO

lol mother caught her son rioting.

In this specific case, that's great parenting.

Once again, the snake is eating it's own tail; did these communities learn nothing from MLK?

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@Master_Live said:

@silkylove said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@ariabed said:

Black lives matter.

Wow, that sounds almost like radical feminism. Being inclusive nowsomehow means to be exclusive.

Edit: *Looks at link*....

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Ariabed

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

Were they made slaves?

But it also shows the problem. Black people beside having to grow up in a time where people have zero respect for anything but their own needs and their own ego, also have to keep listening to people who live in the past and keep living there because they don't want to face the reality of their own failures and its easier to blame others than to see that.

So no it would not take some people with power and money to stop it. It will take people to start seeing that the only one that has a responsibility for their life are themselves.

How is it crazy, i read somewhere that a rich white guy adopted a poor black area in Florida, looked after them and gave them good schooling and jobs and reduced crime drastically in that area, and raised graduation rate to 100%

The guys name was Haris Rosen look it up then tell me I'm talking crazy. There's nothing wrong with people needing a little help to get off the ground.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 PSP107

@dylandr said:

@davillain-: To bad not all black people are as awesome as you but it's the same with any race eh?

What a dumb ass comment. lol

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 iloveatlus

@ariabed said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

Were they made slaves?

How is it crazy, i read somewhere that a rich white guy adopted a poor black area in Florida, looked after them and gave them good schooling and jobs and reduced crime drastically in that area, and raised graduation rate to 100%

The guys name was Haris Rosen look it up then tell me I'm talking crazy.

Are you suggesting that Black parents should give up their kids to White parents?

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Ariabed

@davillain- said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

For one thing, I'm black but I gave up this slavery crap long ago. I don't care about the past, just the future. So yeah I gave up the black racist shit decades ago and not all blacks are like that.

Your not black, how can you give up "this slavery crap"? Its your fuckin roots man, its what your ancestors fuckin went through, you wanna pretend it never happened you wanna pretend that there is no knock on effect from slavery, from fighting for civil rights, from the violence that blacks suffered, and the oppression. So whats your reason for why there are so many poor black ghettos in america, whats your reasons for all the black on black violence and drug culture, whats your reason for why so many blacks have turned there backs on trying to play by the book. Nothing to do with the past no?

All that shit is the foundations of which black lives was built on in America and it wasn't a good start, you cannot fucking forget what your ancestors endured so you can have your rights today.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Ariabed

@iloveatlus said:

@ariabed said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

Were they made slaves?

Are you suggesting that Black parents should give up their kids to White parents?

How the **** did you come up with that fucking nonsense? Now who's talking crazy, dont put fucking words in my mouth, i said what i said, no more no less.

Even when i propose an idea that has proven to be successful its met with sarcasm and stupid fucking questions.

You guys dont want the problem sorted because you wont have anyone to feel superior to.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 DaVillain  Moderator

@ariabed: I honestly don't care what you think I am, but I'm not the one who's stuck in the box, I think outside the box. Don't like what I said, to bad.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By iloveatlus

@ariabed said:

@iloveatlus said:

@ariabed said:

@Jacanuk said:

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@richietickles said:

@ariabed said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@richietickles said:

@silkylove said:

Were they made slaves?

How the **** did you come up with that fucking nonsense? Now who's talking crazy, dont put fucking words in my mouth, i said what i said, no more no less.

Even when i propose an idea that has proven to be successful its met with sarcasm and stupid fucking questions.

You guys dont want the problem sorted because you wont have anyone to feel superior to.

I'm all for White people saving the Black community.

Hopefully White people dress up like superheroes when they come save the Black Community.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 deactivated-5b797108c254e

All those chain quotes are making my scroll finger hurt. Please keep it down to 4 or 5 =)

@davillain-: I never knew you were black. How is life in Atlanta for a black man? The closest I know from Atlanta is Macon, and that environment is toxic for anyone, really. I expect Atlanta to be a lot better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@davillain- said:

@ariabed: I honestly don't care what you think I am, but I'm not the one who's stuck in the box, I think outside the box. Don't like what I said, to bad.

You say you think outside the box yet also say "I don't care about the past, just the future." How can you claim to think critically/outside the box on this issue while ignoring the social and political history of blacks in America?

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Ariabed

@davillain-: i'm not stuck in a box i'm living a good life free of crime I'm a honest hard working guy i have black and white friends i hold no gudges. I just believe that the american blacks past has affected there future. Think about it, when slavery ended were blacks compensated in any way for their suffering? No they were not, they were left poor left to struggle, they were segregated into purpose built gettos, they were not allowed to go to the more well off areas and work, and when blacks did start to get ahead their businesses were destroyed by white people, so alot of blacks were left poor with no help from the white man and no rights, so the next generation were poor and the next then heroine came into play, and for alot of poor blacks that was the only way to make good money or get high and forget their troubles, the drug dealers would look after the community when the white man wouldn't, young kids looked up to these guys and wanted to be like them, thry wanted to be able to help their community also. And to this day its the same shit in the ghettos drug dealers and gang members are the young kids role models because no one else is helping. And these gang members drug dealers are creating music and infecting the minds of the up and coming giving them dreams of fast money. If your trying to tell me that slavery wasn't the first link in the chain of events that lead to the problems what we have today you are a total dumb ass uncle tom.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 MlauTheDaft

@Aljosa23 said:

@davillain- said:

You say you think outside the box yet also say "I don't care about the past, just the future." How can you claim to think critically/outside the box on this issue while ignoring the social and political history of blacks in America?

You're kind of putting words in his mouth now though.

I interpreted it as if he was more interested in shaping a better future, than being bitter over the past.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 DaVillain  Moderator

@davillain-: I never knew you were black. How is life in Atlanta for a black man? The closest I know from Atlanta is Macon, and that environment is toxic for anyone, really. I expect Atlanta to be a lot better.

Yeah I'm an African-American but I also have Puerto Rican blood in me. My Mother is light-skin and my Grand Father was Puerto Rican. Now in Atlanta GA, the black community isn't so bad now as it was back in the 70s from what my parents went through. There are a lot of Hispanics in the south, I have Mexican friends, I have 2 redneck buddies that I get a long with, and depending on were you live, the community isn't really bad but there are racist people though but they won't show it but it's not all nice these days but that doesn't bother me cause I find the whole color crap silly. My parents live in NY when I was born and so was my 2 sisters, then later, we moved to GA and I was raise in Atlanta GA.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@davillain- said:

You're kind of putting words in his mouth now though.

I interpreted it as if he was more interested in shaping a better future, than being bitter over the past.

Perhaps. I'd like some clarification on what he meant by that though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@davillain-: Puerto Rican Black guy....man, you must have all the swagger... #stereotypesareokifitsacompliment =P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@ariabed said:

@davillain-: i'm not stuck in a box i'm living a good life free of crime I'm a honest hard working guy i have black and white friends i hold no gudges. I just believe that the american blacks past has affected there future. Think about it, when slavery ended were blacks compensated in any way for their suffering? No they were not, they were left poor left to struggle, they were segregated into purpose built gettos, they were not allowed to go to the more well off areas and work, and when blacks did start to get ahead their businesses were destroyed by white people, so alot of blacks were left poor with no help from the white man and no rights, so the next generation were poor and the next then heroine came into play, and for alot of poor blacks that was the only way to make good money or get high and forget their troubles, the drug dealers would look after the community when the white man wouldn't, young kids looked up to these guys and wanted to be like them, thry wanted to be able to help their community also. And to this day its the same shit in the ghettos drug dealers and gang members are the young kids role models because no one else is helping. And these gang members drug dealers are creating music and infecting the minds of the up and coming giving them dreams of fast money. If your trying to tell me that slavery wasn't the first link in the chain of events that lead to the problems what we have today you are a total dumb ass uncle tom.

I totally understand were your coming from. I'm just so sick and tired of this black playing the race card when we could do better then this. I work hard for my Education to get were I'm at. After seeing President Obama becoming the first African-American President, I thought we could moved on from this slavery crap but nope, Blacks just can't let go of the past and just move on.

Edit: I'm just a black guy who just want's to move from the past and focus on the future on a positive mind. I'm sure you can understand were I'm coming from.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@davillain-: I think the best thing to do is to find a healthy middle-ground. On one hand you don't want to just think "what do I care what black people went through? I wasn't even here so I couldn't care less" but on the other hand you want to be your own person, not just "a black guy". We're all a lot more than our skin colour and our background, even though sometimes if feels like we're the only ones thinking that especially when we start getting that "go back to your own country asshole" stare.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Master_Live

Somewhat confuse what all are you arguing about?

Is someone really in this thread questioning that slavery has had a role on the African-American condition in today's day and age?

I think it is more of how people "think" AA should be moving forward. Some see AA whining too much about the past and not focusing enough in their future. While others feel that some underplay the role slavery has had on the current plight of AA's and feel it should be acknowledge more forcefully.

PS: All lives matter.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@ariabed said:

The guys name was Haris Rosen look it up then tell me I'm talking crazy. There's nothing wrong with people needing a little help to get off the ground.

Why would a rich person want to invest his money in a place that's getting destroyed by riots? How does rioting make someone with money want to bring jobs into the area?