This topic is locked from further discussion.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

Would you seek revenge against someone who had harmed your child? If so, would the type of crime have a bearing on your decision?

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
I'd get the police involved first.
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

Purposely harmed?...

I don't think I would either way. Probably just get the police involved.

Cyber-Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cyber-Shadow
Member since 2008 • 580 Posts
Good question. It depends on the crime. If it was just like that video of the guy with Down's kicking the kid, then I'd leave it alone. If he put him in a coma or something, then I would get the law involved. If he killed him, I wouldn't sleep until he paid the price.
Sabin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Sabin55
Member since 2008 • 361 Posts

Hard to say, as my first born is not due until March. I work in law enforcement and would hope I let the system handle it.. though I have seen the system fail so many times. I arrest a person for beating the hell out of a wife/girlfiend and they are walking the streets the next day. Just this month I arrested one person twice,, he was arrested four times total. Finally after choking her with a power cord he was given no bail. At Grand Jury I showed up to testify. The girlfriend didn't want to pursue the matter.. DA told her it was out of her hands they are going through with the case and she better not lie on the stand. She took the stand and said she could not remember anything.. Everything I had to say was then hearsay, even though I took a sworn signed statement from her the night of the incident. Case is now dropped. They are back together and no doubt will be called again within the week.

In the end I know my dept. will do everything they can to bring justice to the person. So I hope I can let the system handle it and it does not let me down.

Hopefully that is something I never have to go through personally,, I see too much of it daily either way.

septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
I have a 7 year old son a 5 month old daughter. I would kill for them. It's that simple.
KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts

I have a 7 year old son a 5 month old daughter. I would kill for them. It's that simple.septemberluc

:o. Wow.

_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
I'd get the police, not try and solve it myself.
Trx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Trx07
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts

[QUOTE="septemberluc"]I have a 7 year old son a 5 month old daughter. I would kill for them. It's that simple.KOTORkicker

wat? its natural IF i had kids, i would do worse stuff then just kill, to keep them alive
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 septemberluc

[QUOTE="septemberluc"]I have a 7 year old son a 5 month old daughter. I would kill for them. It's that simple.KOTORkicker

Not in like a "Texas Cheerleader Mom" sort of way, and not if my kid's getting bulled at school. But seriously, if someone were to do real and true harm to either of my children, it would be my absolute intention to empty my Colt Commander into them.
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts
revenge would be serious injury or death, depending on the harm inflicted on my child...if I had one.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
[QUOTE="KOTORkicker"]

[QUOTE="septemberluc"]I have a 7 year old son a 5 month old daughter. I would kill for them. It's that simple.septemberluc

Not in like a "Texas Cheerleader Mom" sort of way, and not if my kid's getting bulled at school. But seriously, if someone were to do real and true harm to either of my children, it would be my absolute intention to empty my Colt Commander into them.

I'm afraid my reaction might be the same.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts
It depends on how much harm my child got. If I witnessed it or was convinced that it was just an accident I would ask the person to be more careful next time (If I knew who he was). However if it was done on purpose and the injury was so severe that my child ended up at the hospital for treatment I might get so pissed that I would start to fight with himself next time I see him/seek him up and fight him.
KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts
[QUOTE="KOTORkicker"]

[QUOTE="septemberluc"]I have a 7 year old son a 5 month old daughter. I would kill for them. It's that simple.septemberluc

Do you think all parents feel that way about their children?

septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 septemberluc
[QUOTE="septemberluc"][QUOTE="KOTORkicker"]

Do you think all parents feel that way about their children?

No, I think there are people who would be able to find the ability to forgive much faster than me.