Respected right-libertarian: Europe helped Africa

This topic is locked from further discussion.

liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 liberalus
Member since 2013 • 791 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLJvit6ZjM

Peter Schiff a respected right wing capitalist libertarian states that europe helped africa and that the best thing to happen to africa was that the europeans came. according to him they brought "technology" and helped them come out of the stone age. basically imperalism = good.

one American Libertarianism's biggest proponents making a fool of himself. the American Libertarian movement is definitely founded upon racist roots.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
apologists for imperialists are even more of an idiot than you
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

So, us enslaving/exploiting them = helping them? What an idiot.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Peter Schiff a respected

liberalus

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
I'm going to get sh*t for this but here it goes: Enslaving is never a good thing obviously but let's be realistic, how would Africa look right now if it had been literally untouched by foreigners? Same goes for places like the Americas.
consoletroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 consoletroll
Member since 2013 • 416 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]I'm going to get sh*t for this but here it goes: Enslaving is never a good thing obviously but let's be realistic, how would Africa look right now if it had been literally untouched by foreigners? Same goes for places like the Americas.

They would be even worse off than now. Even after whites have left (south africa, zimbabwe, rhodesia) the countries have gotten worse. South africa 1 in 3 has HIV, highest murder rate , rape babies to "cure" HIV, etc.....
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

I'm going to get sh*t for this but here it goes: Enslaving is never a good thing obviously but let's be realistic, how would Africa look right now if it had been literally untouched by foreigners? Same goes for places like the Americas.tagyhag

Who knows. I believe in order to gain a true or more natural level of civilization that meets current world standards, it needs to be ahieved by the countries themselves, not by foreigners. Right now the Middle East and Afrika are in pretty shitty situations despite having advanced technologies. And I think colonialism in these regions has caused a far harsher transition than England, U.S., and mainland Europe because they were thrust into this new world with blindfolds on.

The departure from the old world to the new cannot be forced upon a society without crippling its people (as seen by the native americans) it is something that must be desired and taken.

So what would afrika look like now? it's impossible to tell, but I don't believe colonialism was a positive in the short nor long term.

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

obmb.jpg

bl9i.jpg

They look happy.

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

I'm going to get sh*t for this but here it goes: Enslaving is never a good thing obviously but let's be realistic, how would Africa look right now if it had been literally untouched by foreigners? Same goes for places like the Americas.tagyhag

I agree with you.  But don't expect too many to realize that.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

You're a dipshit.

middle_finger_drawing.jpg

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]I'm going to get sh*t for this but here it goes: Enslaving is never a good thing obviously but let's be realistic, how would Africa look right now if it had been literally untouched by foreigners? Same goes for places like the Americas.

Maybe less technologically advanced. Certainly less exploited in terms of natural resources and given how quite a lot of the wars are driven by those resources there probably would be less war. That said there's better ways of interacting with people than the way it went down so its not like the only option is leave them to their own devices or steal all their shit and sell them as slaves.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

It's honestly true, people are too pc to admit it.

Even with the salve trade. Decendents are better off here than there.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

So, us enslaving/exploiting them = helping them? What an idiot.

deeliman

Uh, Europeans didn't start that, the Africans did that to each other way before. The Europeans just started to buy them from the Africans. Europeans also did it to each other if you remember the Roman Empire, Ancient Greece, and Germans.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]how would Africa look right now if it had been literally untouched by foreigners?

I don't know buddy, why don't you tell us how you think "Africa [would] look right now if it had been literally untouched by foreigners" and we take it from there.