Republicans, what is your response to this?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]what is the Hegelian dialectic? -Sun_Tzu-

It's a means of interpretation. Something is claimed (the thesis), it is juxtaposed with its counterclaim (the antithesis) and the two are then reconciled (the synthesis), and that reconciliation becomes the new thesis and the process starts all over. It's suppose to lead to some sort of higher understanding.

Don't know why it was brought up in this thread though. 

It was brought up by an idiot who thinks he knows what he's talking about.

#52 Posted by xscrapzx (6423 posts) -

Listen no matter which side you are own spending is out of control and has been for some time. The other problem with this nation is they feel they need/can save everyone which causing an excess of giving away money that we don't have. Its very simple, as you would look at your own income, if you are house broke or in debt you are living beyond your means. That is what this nation is doing right now and really because of all the programs that are in place they can't just go and take them away as the will effect a number of people. This is a mess that both parties have gotten themselves into. Unfortunately both Bush and Obama have found out they can't buy themselves out of it.

#53 Posted by Serraph105 (28280 posts) -

I think this when it comes to the death penalty.

A real conservative should oppose it knowing the financial costs, but most don't.

:(

MakeMeaSammitch
republicans claim to be pro-life, pro-death penalty, and fiscally conservative. Any one of those you can name contradicts the other two.
#54 Posted by Barbariser (6738 posts) -

Listen no matter which side you are own spending is out of control and has been for some time. The other problem with this nation is they feel they need/can save everyone which causing an excess of giving away money that we don't have. Its very simple, as you would look at your own income, if you are house broke or in debt you are living beyond your means. That is what this nation is doing right now and really because of all the programs that are in place they can't just go and take them away as the will effect a number of people. This is a mess that both parties have gotten themselves into. Unfortunately both Bush and Obama have found out they can't buy themselves out of it.

xscrapzx

You would have a point except for the fact that people in real houses don't have the ability to magic money out of nowhere, have to worry about debt collectors, usually deal with interest rates that are significantly higher than "negative", have very few options for improving their income by spending it on their own household, and can easily convert some of their expenditures to savings without suffering too many negative consequences. However, national economies on the brink of demand-deficient recession like the modern U.S. have the opposite of these conditions.

#55 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -
Almost anyone is a fiscal conservative compared to Obama.Laihendi
You really are terrible at this.
#56 Posted by chestmaster1989 (15 posts) -

There's this thing called the "business cycle" and it has nothing to do with whichever party happens to hold the white house.

radicalcentrist
The so-called "business cycle" is just a hoax concocted by politicians to excuse their awful policies.
#57 Posted by mattbbpl (10726 posts) -
[QUOTE="radicalcentrist"]

There's this thing called the "business cycle" and it has nothing to do with whichever party happens to hold the white house.

chestmaster1989
The so-called "business cycle" is just a hoax concocted by politicians to excuse their awful policies.

Huh.... You look... different.

Did you get a haircut?
#58 Posted by sonicare (53529 posts) -

Isn't it congress that determines the budget?

#59 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] Yes, I also agree. But Republicans don't want to compromise. That is the problem.

political compromise between ass suckers, they agree to suck all the asses, solution? not one i want.

Then speak up. Talk to them, protest, incite riots. In a democracy the politicians are only as stupid as the people they represent. No one is passionate anymore.

solve political problems by creating more political problems? that does not sound like a solution but the problem. anywho, since this is the lowest of the already low brow political threads, i wonder how democrats feel about their team powering through the monsanto protection act.
#60 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4048 posts) -

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

I think this when it comes to the death penalty.

A real conservative should oppose it knowing the financial costs, but most don't.

:(

Serraph105

republicans claim to be pro-life, pro-death penalty, and fiscally conservative. Any one of those you can name contradicts the other two.

I've never thought of that.

That's really funny.

might be why the party is having such problems right now.

#61 Posted by dave123321 (34201 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]what is the Hegelian dialectic? -Sun_Tzu-

It's a means of interpretation. Something is claimed (the thesis), it is juxtaposed with its counterclaim (the antithesis) and the two are then reconciled (the synthesis), and that reconciliation becomes the new thesis and the process starts all over. It's suppose to lead to some sort of higher understanding.

Don't know why it was brought up in this thread though. 

Ah, thanks
#62 Posted by lo_Pine (5048 posts) -
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] political compromise between ass suckers, they agree to suck all the asses, solution? not one i want.

Then speak up. Talk to them, protest, incite riots. In a democracy the politicians are only as stupid as the people they represent. No one is passionate anymore.

solve political problems by creating more political problems? that does not sound like a solution but the problem. anywho, since this is the lowest of the already low brow political threads, i wonder how democrats feel about their team powering through the monsanto protection act.

If you feel that political threads are as you say, "the lowest of the low", its funny how you are participating in one. And take away the riot part. You don't have a problem.
#63 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] Then speak up. Talk to them, protest, incite riots. In a democracy the politicians are only as stupid as the people they represent. No one is passionate anymore.

If you feel that political threads are as you say, "the lowest of the low", its funny how you are participating in one. And take away the riot part. You don't have a problem.

you want people to speak out against the crap they dont like but you dont like me doing so? funny.
#64 Posted by Captain52 (448 posts) -
My response to Republicans is... nothing. I'm glad I'm not a Republican.
#65 Posted by lo_Pine (5048 posts) -
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] solve political problems by creating more political problems? that does not sound like a solution but the problem. anywho, since this is the lowest of the already low brow political threads, i wonder how democrats feel about their team powering through the monsanto protection act.

you want people to speak out against the crap they dont like but you dont like me doing so? funny.

... Where did I say I don't like people speaking out against stuff they don't like?
#66 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2194 posts) -
My response to Republicans is... nothing. I'm glad I'm not a Republican.Captain52
I'm glad I'm not a republican or Democrat. I don't look at patys.. I look at what the person stands for.