Report: Bale to Return as Batman in Justice League?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Omg if this is true I will weep with joy. :D

Report: Bale to Return as Batman in Justice League?

Plus, Christopher Nolan, Zack Snyder in talks to lead the project.

christian-bale-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

Christian Bale is in talks to reprise his role as Batman in DC's upcoming Justice League movie, Christopher Nolan will oversee the project, and Man of Steel-helmer Zack Snyder will produce - and possibly direct - if a new report from Latino Review is to be believed.

The website claims that Nolan is now in charge of the entire DCU at Warner Bros., and is in discussions to act as a sort of Godfather to the project, as well as produce alongside Zack Snyder. The studio allegedly wants the film to be set in the same universe as Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, which naturally means a return of Bale's Batman. Not only that, but Justice League would also tie in with Snyder's gritty Man of Steel, which means - you guessed it - Bale's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman would appear in the same universe, in the same movie, at the same time.

As the website correctly notes, Bale wouldn't be against reprising the role, as long as the story was right. "I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work," he told Empire Magazine last summer.

Considering Marvel hit the billion-dollar jackpot with the culmination of its Phase One shared universe model, The Avengers, imagine what Warner Bros. could spin by crossing over their top-tier DC properties? And if Justice League releases in 2015 as planned, it will go up against The Avengers 2 the same year, which is certainly an unprecedented clash of the comic book movie titans.

While the information is definitely still camped out in rumorville, the folks at Latino Review have traditionally proven themselves to be a reliable source for scoops, and this could certainly be one of their biggest.

We'll update with any new information as we get it.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
Justice League isn't going to do well....everybody is going to expect another balls to the wall movie, but its for sure going to take a serious "real world" tone. It'll probably have a better story though.
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
How the hell would a JL movie even work in Nolan's universe? It doesn't sound very appealing either for some reason. I'd rather the funds be allocated to making other, individual comic book hero movies.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
The problem with that idea is that marvel had a large array of movies under their belt that already had various tie-in's built into them before they did The Avengers. Currently DC has no such movies in place. Plus the realistic nature of the Dark Knight movies would mean that a primary hero batman (if it was the same batman from the Dark Knight Trilogy) would be vastly inferior to any of the other members of the Justice League essentially making him obsolete.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Terrible news, I hate Cookie Monster Batman.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I guess as long as it's not Nolan's Batman but just a Batman I guess it's fine. The only thing is, Warner Bros. is planning a reboot and Justice League would be the best place to introduce a new Batman.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
Why would it be hard to believe a Latino site IGN?
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LOXO7
The problem with that idea is that marvel had a large array of movies under their belt that already had various tie-in's built into them before they did The Avengers. Currently DC has no such movies in place. Plus the realistic nature of the Dark Knight movies would mean that a primary hero batman (if it was the same batman from the Dark Knight Trilogy) would be vastly inferior to any of the other members of the Justice League essentially making him obsolete. ferrari2001
He has brains. That's got to count for something. I don't know what the cartoon Batman was called but it had young batman being lead by Bruce Wayne in the Bat Cave or somewhere being his eye. That's how I wish the Nolan's Batman would continue. Bale and Hathaway would play a part in the development of... that one guy until he can be dependent on his own wings.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Why would it be hard to believe a Latino site IGN?LOXO7
I am deeply offended
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I hate his voice.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dave123321
Interesting interesting
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
I hate his voice. Fightingfan
The growl Batman voice or Bale's actual voice? The only reason I ask is because Nolan actually deepened the way he spoke as Batman during post-production; Bale wasn't growling like a nar-nar on set.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I hate his voice. 22Toothpicks
The growl Batman voice or Bale's actual voice? The only reason I ask is because Nolan actually deepened the way he spoke as Batman during post-production; Bale wasn't growling like a nar-nar on set.

I don't know his real voice-- the batman voice.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
I really dont see any way that they would want Bale to be in the JL movie nor would they want the cost or association. Not to mention with all the problems with the script it doesnt seem likely that they will get it done in just 2yrs and why would they want to rush something that could make them a billion dollars if done right. Plus if they kept the same batman it would raise huge continuity issues with Rises and why no other super heroes helped batman nor gotham for like 6 months or whatever it was.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blazerdt47

I really dont see any way that they would want Bale to be in the JL movie nor would they want the cost or association. Not to mention with all the problems with the script it doesnt seem likely that they will get it done in just 2yrs and why would they want to rush something that could make them a billion dollars if done right. Plus if they kept the same batman it would raise huge continuity issues with Rises and why no other super heroes helped batman nor gotham for like 6 months or whatever it was.Kurushio

Because they knew Batman could handle it, I'm sure they had their own concerns as well.

IronBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IronBeaver
Member since 2009 • 1986 Posts

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]I really dont see any way that they would want Bale to be in the JL movie nor would they want the cost or association. Not to mention with all the problems with the script it doesnt seem likely that they will get it done in just 2yrs and why would they want to rush something that could make them a billion dollars if done right. Plus if they kept the same batman it would raise huge continuity issues with Rises and why no other super heroes helped batman nor gotham for like 6 months or whatever it was.Blazerdt47

Because they knew Batman could handle it, I'm sure they had their own concerns as well.

Or, nolans trilogy could have just taken place before everyone elses story...

Like others, my big concern is that given where TDKR ended, HOW would Bale make sense? He is arthritic. He is in exile. Blake is going to "take up the cowl" in some fashion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]I really dont see any way that they would want Bale to be in the JL movie nor would they want the cost or association. Not to mention with all the problems with the script it doesnt seem likely that they will get it done in just 2yrs and why would they want to rush something that could make them a billion dollars if done right. Plus if they kept the same batman it would raise huge continuity issues with Rises and why no other super heroes helped batman nor gotham for like 6 months or whatever it was.IronBeaver

Like others, my big concern is that given where TDKR ended, HOW would Bale make sense? He is arthritic. He is in exile. Blake is going to "take up the cowl" in some fashion.

It's either Bruce Wayne or nothing.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LOXO7

[QUOTE="IronBeaver"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

It's either Bruce Wayne or nothing.

Iron's right. It only makes sense that it's Blake...with the teacher as Wane.
cgi15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cgi15
Member since 2008 • 492 Posts

Have both Christian Bale and Joseph Gordon-Levitt come back and pull a Batman Beyond where Bale can be used for his brains but JGL is in the suit.

I would totally see that.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

The studio allegedly wants the film to be set in the same universe as Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, which naturally means a return of Bale's Batman.Blazerdt47

Ugh. That would completely clash with Nolan's established universe though. A bunch of super-powered humans/aliens simply don't fit into the world Nolan established. Besides that, any continuation of Nolan's Batman should have Blake, not Bruce Wayne, as Batman. If they're going to shoehorn it into Nolan's canon then they could at least preserve the continuity. One of the things Nolan's trilogy repeatedly emphasized was that Batman is more than a man, he's a symbol. The man actually under the mask doesn't matter. Bruce Wayne isn't necessary for Batman to continue.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]The studio allegedly wants the film to be set in the same universe as Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, which naturally means a return of Bale's Batman.worlock77

Ugh. That would completely clash with Nolan's established universe though. A bunch of super-powered humans/aliens simply don't fit into the world Nolan established. Besides that, any continuation of Nolan's Batman should have Blake, not Bruce Wayne, as Batman. If they're going to shoehorn it into Nolan's canon then they could at least preserve the continuity. One of the things Nolan's trilogy repeatedly emphasized was that Batman is more than a man, he's a symbol. The man actually under the mask doesn't matter. Bruce Wayne isn't necessary for Batman to continue.

The amount of pissed off fans would be staggering if Blake ended up as Batman in The Justice League instead of Bruce Wayne.

Bruce Wayne IS Batman. The 3 Nolan movies clearly portrayed Bale's journey as Batman as he progressed through the movies, so throwing him to the side like that for TJL would just be ridiculous.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]The studio allegedly wants the film to be set in the same universe as Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, which naturally means a return of Bale's Batman.Blazerdt47

The amount of pissed off fans would be staggering if Blake ended up as Batman in The Justice League instead of Bruce Wayne.

Bruce Wayne IS Batman. The 3 Nolan movies clearly portrayed Bale's journey as Batman as he progressed through the movies, so throwing him to the side like that for TJL would just be ridiculous.

In the comics there have been at least three different people don the mantle of Batman, so having a different person in the films should not be a big deal.

And yes, the three Nolan films portrayed Bruce Wayne's journey as Batman, and the third film made it clear that Bruce Wayne's journey as Batman was now at an end.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LOXO7

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]The studio allegedly wants the film to be set in the same universe as Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, which naturally means a return of Bale's Batman.Blazerdt47

What I find more ridiculous is how to define Superman's powers in the world of Nolan's Batmans. How would Superman interfere with the world's plots? Would Bane even attempt such villainy if he knew if there were an invincible man about? Batman can fit, but I have a hard time seeing it in Nolan's universe. The city needs to be Gotham, not Pittsburgh or Chicago.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

LOXO7

What I find more ridiculous is how to define Superman's powers in the world of Nolan's Batmans. How would Superman interfere with the world's plots? Would Bane even attempt such villainy if he knew if there were an invincible man about? Batman can fit, but I have a hard time seeing it in Nolan's universe. The city needs to be Gotham, not Pittsburgh or Chicago.

To be fair, I don't think in the comics citizens and the world knew superheroes existed either. It's more of a shock and awe.

megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts
[QUOTE="LOXO7"] What I find more ridiculous is how to define Superman's powers in the world of Nolan's Batmans. How would Superman interfere with the world's plots? Would Bane even attempt such villainy if he knew if there were an invincible man about? Batman can fit, but I have a hard time seeing it in Nolan's universe. The city needs to be Gotham, not Pittsburgh or Chicago.

I really don't understand this criticism. It can basically be waived off with an excuse like the other members of the Justice League were busy with their own affairs. It requires relatively little in the way of suspension of disbelief, considering just how unbelievable super hero movies are to begin with. Plus, Superman has disappeared from Earth for years in the fiction before.

Personally, I'm really excited for The Justice League, especially if Nolan is going to have such an influential role. After the Michael Bay-esque treatment of the Avengers, it'd be nice to see an ensemble cast of superheroes in a more mature setting.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LOXO7
[QUOTE="megam"][QUOTE="LOXO7"] What I find more ridiculous is how to define Superman's powers in the world of Nolan's Batmans. How would Superman interfere with the world's plots? Would Bane even attempt such villainy if he knew if there were an invincible man about? Batman can fit, but I have a hard time seeing it in Nolan's universe. The city needs to be Gotham, not Pittsburgh or Chicago.

I really don't understand this criticism. It can basically be waived off with an excuse like the other members of the Justice League were busy with their own affairs. It requires relatively little in the way of suspension of disbelief, considering just how unbelievable super hero movies are to begin with. Plus, Superman has disappeared from Earth for years in the fiction before.

Personally, I'm really excited for The Justice League, especially if Nolan is going to have such an influential role. After the Michael Bay-esque treatment of the Avengers, it'd be nice to see an ensemble cast of superheroes in a more mature setting.

The gravity of the world Nolan creates doesn't apply with the ones of the other members of the league. I like Blazerdt47's comment.
CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

Have both Christian Bale and Joseph Gordon-Levitt come back and pull a Batman Beyond where Bale can be used for his brains but JGL is in the suit.

cgi15

Christian Bale doing voice overs? i don't think i've ever seen that before

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="megam"][QUOTE="LOXO7"] What I find more ridiculous is how to define Superman's powers in the world of Nolan's Batmans. How would Superman interfere with the world's plots? Would Bane even attempt such villainy if he knew if there were an invincible man about? Batman can fit, but I have a hard time seeing it in Nolan's universe. The city needs to be Gotham, not Pittsburgh or Chicago.LOXO7

The gravity of the world Nolan creates doesn't apply with the ones of the other members of the league. I like Blazerdt47's comment.

If they do Superman at all, they'll have to handle it how they handled his reboot in the new 52. Younger Superman, still coming into the extents of his powers. Less of the godline being he is in the comic. The other characters will likely need to be maintained a similar way, but really I'd feel better if the characters had there own seperate movies. I get the filling the story will end up feeling disjointed if they try to develop all the remaining characters at the same time.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

cgi15

The future Batman would be good :D

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

The studio allegedly wants the film to be set in the same universe as Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, which naturally means a return of Bale's Batman. Not only that, but Justice League would also tie in with Snyder's gritty Man of Steel, which means - you guessed it - Bale's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman would appear in the same universe, in the same movie, at the same time.

Blazerdt47

VSeLC.gif

Don't do this to me Nolan, your movies were fine by themselves.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

No, no, no! I don't want to hear that voice anymore. I still haven't nightmares thinking about it.

And I think it's time to for a new Batman that way they can have him for the JLU and next Batman movies and then maybe we can get a Batman Beyond movie. >.>

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21647 Posts

I thought Christian Bale said he was done being Batman after that theater shooting when Rises came out....

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dave123321

I thought Christian Bale said he was done being Batman after that theater shooting when Rises came out....

tocool340
Don't recall him saying that. At least not as a result of the shooting
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tocool340
[QUOTE="tocool340"]

dave123321
Don't recall him saying that. At least not as a result of the shooting

I might be wrong, though I kinda recall seeing a thread where Bale visited the victims and victims family of that theater shooting. Then soon after, denounced his role as Batman. Again, probably wrong here...
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tocool340

But it looks like  Bale won't return as Batman in Justice League...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

this is good news

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blazerdt47

But it looks like  Bale won't return as Batman in Justice League...

tocool340
The source of tha article you linked is CBR, I'll wait for another source.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#39 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I think it would be awesome, but you never know
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
if Nolan and his brother along with Goyer make a script and decide they have somehting they want to make it would be incredible
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

This is just stupid. First TDKR disappoints greatly, now they're trying to shoehorn Nolan's realistic Batman into the Justice League? Nolan's take on Batman was predicated on the idea that Batman was the only superhero in that world. The JLA have their headquarters in space, and their members include a Martian and a woman with the power of the greek pantheon of gods. Not the right note to strike. Bale was never that good as Batman in the first place, find another damn actor. And now Snyder's directing? This just gets worse and worse.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

cgi15
The problem I see from this is not so much that it wouldn't work, but that it's kind of a terrible way to start out a huge Superhero collaboration. People who want to see a live action movie with Batman, and Superman meeting up for the first time don't really want to see Clark and Drake fighting along side together. They are going to want Clark and Bruce.
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

Hmm, it would be interesting to see how they make a story that includes Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Superman, and Green Lantern. I doubt they'll use any of the other heroes other then in cameo appearances (the wonder twins would be great for comic relief).

The hard part to imagine is who they will use for the villains. A team consisting of the Joker, Lex Luther, Bain and the Scarecrow would be awesome but still seem way inferior to this mix of superheros. The villains will probably be alien invaders or some kind of dimensional monsters (like the avengers). For some reason I think this film will be similar to the move "Watch Men" as oppose to the Avengers, a much more darker and Gotham feel.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#44 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

No, no, no! I don't want to hear that voice anymore. I still haven't nightmares thinking about it.

And I think it's time to for a new Batman that way they can have him for the JLU and next Batman movies and then maybe we can get a Batman Beyond movie. >.>

soulless4now

What she said basically and a Batman Beyond movie would be boss.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178807 Posts
I think that's a bit of a rumor at this point.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

the justice league is a terrible idea.

they would be better off putting the money into something from the vertigo line like sandman or preacher or something.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178807 Posts

they would be better off putting the money into something from the vertigo line like sandman or preacher or something.

Riverwolf007
A well done JL movie would be cool....:(
Kats_RK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kats_RK
Member since 2010 • 2080 Posts

Sounds good to me.I can't wait for the movie.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

LJS9502_basic

A well done JL movie would be cool....:(

the only time the jl was ever even slightly interesting to me was when Keith GiffenKevin Maguire, and J.M. DeMatteis was doing it in the 90's or whenever it was they were on there.

this era.

th?id=H.5023970157396018&pid=15.1

what you guys are going to get is a "gritty" movie version of this.

th?id=H.4759103839275313&pid=15.1

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be a more sensible choice. While Christian Bale might make it seem bigger and better, there is no way it would make sense after The Dark Knight Rises. With JGL, it would be a good way to test him and see if he makes a good Batman before considering a solo movie. Plus, as far as not having super-powered beings in the Nolan universe, they could just say that the nuclear blast affected the water, the radiation water came into contact with some Gotham citizens, added strange side effects, etc. Maybe that's too cheesy, but something along those lines.