Rebuild of Evangelion movies ever make it to America?

#1 Posted by hydralisk86 (8526 posts) -

Did any of the Rebuild of Evangelion movies ever make it to America? I live in the US, but i have never heard news that the movies were shown in the theaters around where i live. I did a bit of searching on google, it says one of those movies were released january 10 2014. But like i said, i didn't hear people talking about them at the time, or seen ads on TV about it.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29502 posts) -

Release,as in most likely on dvd\bluray with an english soundtrack

#3 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -

Terrible series. They choose the wrong person to be the main character. No one cares about Evangelian anymore.

#4 Posted by hydralisk86 (8526 posts) -

So it didn't appear in the theaters, but only for sale on blu ray and dvd?

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (29502 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

So it didn't appear in the theaters, but only for sale on blu ray and dvd?

That's my guess.

#6 Posted by locus-solus (499 posts) -

the movies were in theaters but not nation wide

#7 Posted by osirisx3 (1756 posts) -

ive never seen this series before. I heard the movies are cut down versions of the show is that true?

#8 Edited by hydralisk86 (8526 posts) -

@locus-solus: That could be the reason why i never heard about them in the theaters i go to. I don't know if they showed, "The Wind Rises" here either.

#9 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20034 posts) -

@locus-solus: That could be the reason why i never heard about them in the theaters i go to. I don't know if they showed, "The Wind Rises" here either.

That's a Studio Ghibli flick, though. Those are usually quite big in the US...

#10 Posted by locus-solus (499 posts) -

@hydralisk86 said:

That's a Studio Ghibli flick, though. Those are usually quite big in the US...

i think Disney dubs a lot of the Studio Ghibli Films and that explains why they're in theaters.

#11 Posted by Shadow4020 (1952 posts) -

@osirisx3 said:

ive never seen this series before. I heard the movies are cut down versions of the show is that true?

They're like a re-imagining of the series, not completely different, but not the same. I've watched the first two movies and it seems like the next two will differ quite a bit from the series.