Reason behind your username?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by konvikt_17 (22248 posts) -

Why did you choose the username you chose?

i know ill get some sarcastic comments or similar, but please do give some reason as to why you chose what you chose as a username.

Me, ive told the full story enough times here, usually to be ignored.

so im gonna give a shortened version as to why i chose my username,

For me:

Long story short, i got into some trouble with the law. ended up serving time in Juvy.

shortly after my time in Juvy i had found this site and made an account with the name of my old email account. about a month later i grew tired of my username, as it didnt really mean much to me.

so then decided to make a new account. the one i use now,

seeing as how i had technically been a convict(since i was a minor my record got sealed) i decided to make something more personal. went with konvikt(switched the c's with k's) then added my age at the time(_17).

thus konvikt_17 ws created.

For those curious, i am willing to tell my whole story. you need only ask.

-

So whats the story behind your username?

Edit: spelled "username" wrong once.

Edit 2 3 and 4: some mispelled words edited

#2 Posted by heeweesRus (5609 posts) -

It's a parody of an avid System Wars bandodger.

#3 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24964 posts) -

Even I can't remember.

#4 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10181 posts) -

couldn't come up with anything better.

#5 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
'Fedor.
#6 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

woah, deja vu; i swear you've made this exact thread before

anyway, i got my name from a line in cygnus x-1: "on my ship the rocinante, wheeling through the galaxies...". rocinante is originally from don quixote, which i started but never finished--but i first heard the name from that song

#7 Posted by Shadow4020 (1969 posts) -

It's really generic. "Shadow" because I must have thought it was cool or something and "4020" is the address of my childhood home.

#8 Posted by Ballroompirate (23030 posts) -

Was a guild I made in WoW back in 2005.

#9 Posted by konvikt_17 (22248 posts) -

woah, deja vu; i swear you've made this exact thread before

anyway, i got my name from a line in cygnus x-1: "on my ship the rocinante, wheeling through the galaxies...". rocinante is originally from don quixote, which i started but never finished--but i first heard the name from that song

rocinante_

I have:P

though hopefully it hasnt been too recent,:P

Cant remember.

#10 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
famicom, commander
#11 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23604 posts) -
i got that dodge
#12 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5422 posts) -
I died 5 years ago, and now I haunt gamespot due to an ancient celtic curse. Don't piss off a leprechaun.
#13 Posted by Pffrbt (6564 posts) -

It's the sound a fart makes.

#14 Posted by kitty (114798 posts) -
Seeing as I hate my account name from 2003, I decided to go with a different one. Now I kinda hate this one to. :P
#15 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5422 posts) -

Seeing as I hate my account name from 2003, I decided to go with a different one. Now I kinda hate this one to. :P2ndWonder
I'll pay you a nickel for it.

#16 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate is the most badass character in the history of video games.

#17 Posted by Stranger_36 (481 posts) -
Stranger seemed like a good word to describe me since I'm a loner and I like the number 36.
#18 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I wanted some way to show I played a variety of different games, but somehow I managed to come up with this dumbass name when I still thought replacing "e" with "3" was somehow cool. I hate it so much now I would pay money to change it. 

#19 Posted by hippiesanta (9890 posts) -
because I'm not interested to be "liked"
#20 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
Its my real name.
#21 Posted by themajormayor (25847 posts) -
Afte 10 accounts or so you run out of ideas
#22 Posted by guildclaws (7907 posts) -
A random username i typed when registering and now i'm stuck with it but now it kinda grows on me overtime
#23 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1345 posts) -

Named after an album I liked by Eazy-E called '187 um Killa' (lots of Dre, Snoop, Death row disses) but spelt it with an H as I also liked Ghostface Killah and Killah Priest, silly thing is now I rarely listen to rap but I just don't care enough to create a new account.

#24 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -

Real name. Except its Ethan Wolf. Not Etan:P

#25 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3100 posts) -

If you read the short paragraph within my profile, then you would understand why I'm called "Decades Of Gaming"

#26 Posted by MrsSolidSnake (4902 posts) -

I was a stupid 14 year old.

#27 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3100 posts) -

It's the sound a fart makes.

Pffrbt

you need to change your diet if your making 'that' noise

#28 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -
i don't know
#29 Posted by metroidprime55 (17657 posts) -
My favorite game is Metroid and at the time of making my account I was in love with Metoird Prime, I needed a number after it though so I went with 55.
#30 Posted by CHOASXIII (14628 posts) -

I'm not gonna explain the whole thing because it's a tl;dr but basically it came from a couple friends from another website years ago. 

#31 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
It sounded cool at the time.
#32 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Don't really have a reason, other than I couldn't think of anything else at the time.

#33 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

Don't really have a reason, other than I couldn't think of anything else at the time.

Michael0134567

who is the asian chick in your sig? :|

#34 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
I was/am hella uncreative
#35 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

All the ones I wanted were taken. :(

#36 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

indzman

Narsha.

#37 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

Narsha.

Best Korean singer and dancer EVER.

#38 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

indzman

Narsha.

Don't mock me.

#39 Posted by call_of_duty_10 (4954 posts) -

I wanted a username that (i thought) would be generic on a gaming forum.Since CoD was very popular back then,I chose it.

About a month later,MW2 was released.Everyone started hating CoD,and I didn't like it either.

#40 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Because my philosophy is, every thing, be it good or bad, will come to it's inevitable end some day, may it be nations like the egyptian pharao era, the roman imperium or our modern day and world we live in, 10.000 years from now on and the life of planet earth will be pretty different again, if we're still inhabiting the planet by then.

Anyways, in short, we're just for visit on this planet and should use our time to the best we can. I'm still wasting more than enough of it with videogames :P

And, JFV kinda makes an awesome licence plate tag in some racing games, especially THEN the name kinda shines out a bit x)

#41 Posted by chaplainDMK (6841 posts) -
I really liked Warhammer at the time, and Chaplains in that game are badass. And I messed up an old games name (MDK - Murder, Death, Kill). Kinda boring and teenage-angsty, but I like how most people call me Chap, makes me feel like I'm British or something.
#42 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Narsha.

Michael0134567

Don't mock me.

lol

#43 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
T'is my name
#44 Posted by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -
Was heavily into fantasy wrestling and my main character was The Apostle so I've been using variations of that name ever since. I used to have a different name but managed to get GameSpot to change it to my current one.
#45 Posted by smartcelt (3 posts) -
smartcelt comes from my last name,which is Smart. Combined with my Celtic origins,which are Scottish.
#46 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Was heavily into fantasy wrestling and my main character was The Apostle so I've been using variations of that name ever since. I used to have a different name but managed to get GameSpot to change it to my current one.The-Apostle
Fantasy  wrestling?

#47 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29383 posts) -

Pirate700
And here I had thought you were a Pirate born in the year 700. I am disappoint. :(
#48 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

chessmaster1989

And here I had thought you were a Pirate born in the year 700. I am disappoint. :(

Yeah I get that a lot. Sorry to disappoint. :P

#49 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Mine is the name of two of my favorite band's (Our Lady Peace) songs put together, which was done in a live performance (called Naveed/Life).  No I am not persian or anything like that, contrary to Naveed being in my name :P.

#50 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
"wha wha wha what now dont get bu bu bucked down" Line has been stuck in my head forever,so I used a piece of it