Reagan's Childhood Home To Be Bulldozed for Obama Public Library

• 187 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

Click here.

I do not approve of this at all...talk about conserving our cultural tradition. Slap in the face of one of our nation's greatest leaders.

#2 Posted by Abbeten (2803 posts) -
that's hilarious if true
#3 Posted by Laihendi (5800 posts) -
Obama has no respect for this country's history or for its past leaders. He only cares about change. He only cares about moving "forward" to his collectivist dystopia. He wants people to forget what happened before him. He wants people to forget that things can be different, and were different.
#4 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15634 posts) -
sure, why not?
#5 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -
So what/? Reagan sucked as president anyway....
#6 Posted by Wasdie (49507 posts) -

Why would Reagan's childhood home be important enough to keep? 

#8 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15634 posts) -

Wasdie
because it's Ronald Reagan, duh. Everything he touched should be memorialized
#9 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
"The "childhood home" is an apartment Reagan lived in for less than a year as a young child, and its planned demolition is part of an expansion by the University of Chicago that has nothing to do with President Obama's presidential library. Obama hasn't chosen which state his presidential library will eventually be in, let alone where people will need to park for it." lol
#10 Posted by Diablo-B (4021 posts) -

Obama has no respect for this country's history or for its past leaders. He only cares about change. He only cares about moving "forward" to his collectivist dystopia. He wants people to forget what happened before him. He wants people to forget that things can be different, and were different.Laihendi
Relax dude. Calm down. Its not that serious. So much anger. So much disdain

#11 Posted by InEMplease (6314 posts) -

"The "childhood home" is an apartment Reagan lived in for less than a year as a young child, and its planned demolition is part of an expansion by the University of Chicago that has nothing to do with President Obama's presidential library. Obama hasn't chosen which state his presidential library will eventually be in, let alone where people will need to park for it." loltagyhag

#12 Posted by Nuck81 (5818 posts) -

Obama has no respect for this country's history or for its past leaders. He only cares about change. He only cares about moving "forward" to his collectivist dystopia. He wants people to forget what happened before him. He wants people to forget that things can be different, and were different.Laihendi
Yeah!!

Lets go back to Feudalism!!

CHANGE BAD

(I can literally hear your mouth breathing and see your knuckles drag the ground)

#14 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]"The "childhood home" is an apartment Reagan lived in for less than a year as a young child, and its planned demolition is part of an expansion by the University of Chicago that has nothing to do with President Obama's presidential library. Obama hasn't chosen which state his presidential library will eventually be in, let alone where people will need to park for it." lol

OT has had quite the trend of misleading topic titles lately.
#15 Posted by thebest31406 (3299 posts) -
Votes show that no one gives a sh!t, which is good. Change is good.
#16 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]"The "childhood home" is an apartment Reagan lived in for less than a year as a young child, and its planned demolition is part of an expansion by the University of Chicago that has nothing to do with President Obama's presidential library. Obama hasn't chosen which state his presidential library will eventually be in, let alone where people will need to park for it." lol

Hahahaha
#17 Posted by tocool340 (20442 posts) -

Wasdie
My question. If its just sitting there taking up space, might as well make something useful out of it...
#18 Posted by Abbeten (2803 posts) -
yeah this is definitely an appropriate reaction
#19 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]Obama has no respect for this country's history or for its past leaders. He only cares about change. He only cares about moving "forward" to his collectivist dystopia. He wants people to forget what happened before him. He wants people to forget that things can be different, and were different.Abbeten

Damn Obama is trying to suppress knowledge by building a public library (!) that he has nothing to do with
#20 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17379 posts) -
Rahm Emannuel tear down this house
#21 Posted by InEMplease (6314 posts) -

[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]Obama has no respect for this country's history or for its past leaders. He only cares about change. He only cares about moving "forward" to his collectivist dystopia. He wants people to forget what happened before him. He wants people to forget that things can be different, and were different.JML897

Damn Obama is trying to suppress knowledge by building a public library (!) that he has nothing to do with

That rat bastard.

Impeachment!

Succession!

#22 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

Please. Reagan was born in Tampico and for the most part raised in Dixon. The amount of time he spent in Chicago was trivial.

#23 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -
take that, Reagan!
#24 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

A Library is more important than an ex-President's childhood house.

Just saying...

#25 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

A Library is more important than an ex-President's childhood house.

Just saying...

Netherscourge

There's not even a library going up here. Beside, if people really want to visit Reagan's boyhood home they can do so - in Dixon, IL.

#26 Posted by osirisx3 (1738 posts) -

i appove for the epic lols it brings.

#27 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4727 posts) -

It's just a house, not a sacred temple.

#28 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

Reagan was a man just like you or I (assumed). Unless God specifically says, "Reagan's childhood home is a holy landmark," it doesn't matter if his home is bulldozed or not.

#29 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

Click here.

I do not approve of this at all...talk about conserving our cultural tradition. Slap in the face of one of our nation's greatest leaders.

kingkong0124

Irresponsible and intentionally misleading journalism from The Washington Times and Fox Nation? How surprising! :roll:

#30 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Reagan was like the anti-christ so unless you want to be reminded that you had Beelzebub himself as your leader once I see no problem with it.
#31 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17054 posts) -

Lol at calling Reagan a great leader.

Lol at all the misinformation in the OP.

Lol at people acting like this wouldn't be OK if was actually happening.

Reagan sucked as a president and, correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe he was the foundation of everything that is wrong with the Republican party these days.

People need to get off his dick and move on now, really. This necrophillia is disgusting....

#32 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

Reagan was like the anti-christ so unless you want to be reminded that you had Beelzebub himself as your leader once I see no problem with it. kuraimen

Ronald = 6 letters

Wilson = 6 letters

Reagan = 6 letters

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

#33 Posted by PannicAtack (20921 posts) -
Well, this thread crashed hilariously.
#34 Posted by Lethargika (1666 posts) -
I read the title and my jaw dropped. Couldnt honestly believe the balls of that. Then I read the actual article, and now am in favor of a new library.
#35 Posted by jimkabrhel (15416 posts) -
#36 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29056 posts) -
#37 Posted by Ace6301 (21388 posts) -
A terrible article full of bad information linking to a poorly written article full of crappy writing. Journalism what happened to you bro? If you legitimately care about a place where a mediocre president spent a couple months of his childhood over educational facilities then please, never talk about politics again as it's clear you don't have the best interests of people in mind.
#38 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
It's a goddam apartment, and this is for a LIBRARY, you know for LEARNING? Something conservatives don't do.
#39 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Reagan was like the anti-christ so unless you want to be reminded that you had Beelzebub himself as your leader once I see no problem with it. worlock77

Ronald = 6 letters

Wilson = 6 letters

Reagan = 6 letters

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Don't you mean Mother of BEELZEBUB!!!???
#40 Posted by Aljosa23 (24515 posts) -

"The "childhood home" is an apartment Reagan lived in for less than a year as a young child, and its planned demolition is part of an expansion by the University of Chicago that has nothing to do with President Obama's presidential library. Obama hasn't chosen which state his presidential library will eventually be in, let alone where people will need to park for it." loltagyhag
LOL

kk proving he can't read once again. Seems like he's following in hokie's footsteps.

#41 Posted by Serraph105 (27700 posts) -

medium_nelson-haha.gif?1349798022

lol republicans are already putting up a b!tchfit on my facebook wall. I can't wait for this,

#42 Posted by GreySeal9 (23974 posts) -

That would be funny as fvck if it was true, but alas, it is not.

#43 Posted by comp_atkins (31181 posts) -
that's hilarious if trueAbbeten
this.
#44 Posted by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -

Yeah pretty much this.
#45 Posted by sonicare (53448 posts) -

I dont think you have to immortalize the childhood homes of past presidents.  Besides, destroying homes is symbolic of the president.

#46 Posted by DroidPhysX (17088 posts) -
Republicans should be elated. Reagan was an uber leftist with giving amnesty to illegals, raising taxes and debt celling and what not
#47 Posted by sonicare (53448 posts) -
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]Republicans should be elated. Reagan was an uber leftist with giving amnesty to illegals, raising taxes and debt celling and what not

He granted amnesty to over 3 million illegal aliens. Under Obama, more than 9 million have been deported. Dude is left of Obama.
#48 Posted by dave123321 (33563 posts) -
Gosh KK this thread makes you look like a bigger dunce than Reagan
#49 Posted by LordQuorthon (5263 posts) -

Kingkong doing what Kingkong does best. 

#50 Posted by Rhazakna (11022 posts) -
Who could possibly care about this? Regardless of what you think about Reagan, why should the place he just happened to live in as a kid be preserved simply because he resided there? Can the house never be replaced just because it used to be his home? Do we have to preserve his favorite restaurant too?