Ready for Hockey on Saturday?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WickedChainy (288 posts) -

I'm sad that I've never seen a Hockey thread in OT, so I feel like it's time for some Hockey talk seeing as how we're finally getting some games on Saturday. I didn't pay any attention to anything that was happing during the strike because I was too sad. Also what are the teams you all support? Colorado Avalanche all the way here.

#2 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Sure if I can find them on TV.

#3 Posted by Legend002 (7043 posts) -

Philadephia Flyers are the best. (That's the only team I know.)

#4 Posted by ujjval16 (1669 posts) -
I was a Colorado fan growing up (Sakic and Forsberg... nuff said) However I will always cheer for the Blackhawks as they were my grandpa's favourite team, and I cheer for Toronto as they're my home team.
#5 Posted by WickedChainy (288 posts) -

I was a Colorado fan growing up (Sakic and Forsberg... nuff said) However I will always cheer for the Blackhawks as they were my grandpa's favourite team, and I cheer for Toronto as they're my home team.ujjval16
You forgot about Roy... Who forgets about Roy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeF5XF8jxkQ

If this doesn't get you pumped up I don't know what will. Too bad we don't see fights like this anymore.

#6 Posted by ujjval16 (1669 posts) -

[QUOTE="ujjval16"]I was a Colorado fan growing up (Sakic and Forsberg... nuff said) However I will always cheer for the Blackhawks as they were my grandpa's favourite team, and I cheer for Toronto as they're my home team.WickedChainy

If this doesn't get you pumped up I don't know what will. Too bad we don't see fights like this anymore.

YES! I can't believe I forgot him! The video also did a swell job at reminding me of the good old Detroit-Colorado rivalry.
#7 Posted by jaqulle999 (2897 posts) -

It's good to have hockey back. Now I have something to watch during the week. Go Flyers

#8 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150475 posts) -
Yes. Can't wait.....
#9 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
I have been an Avalanche fan since they came to Denver, and I've really missed them this season so far. Glad to be soon watching games again, but they HAVE to re-sign Radar. That guy is the heart of our team. Also glad that what may be Hejduk's last year will not be completely consumed by the lockout.
#10 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -

[QUOTE="ujjval16"]I was a Colorado fan growing up (Sakic and Forsberg... nuff said) However I will always cheer for the Blackhawks as they were my grandpa's favourite team, and I cheer for Toronto as they're my home team.WickedChainy

Drury, Podein, Foote, Blake, Hejduk, Bourque... Also, every time I go to a game I rock my Dan Hinote jersey.
#11 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

Leafs + destiny= ?????...........I'm too afraid to answer...Go Leafs Go

#12 Posted by mattbbpl (10572 posts) -
I was just starting to get into Hockey when the NHL destroyed my interest in it. Probably not going to bother again, particularly now that I no longer work with Canadians.
#13 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

I am ready. I'm hoping the Avs can sneak into the playoffs with the 7th or 8th seed this year.

I'm bummed/pissed that O'Reilly isn't signed yet too.

#14 Posted by pspdseagle (3307 posts) -
I'm not watching this half season at all, the lockout has really made it unnessary to me.
#15 Posted by DarthSatan (4607 posts) -

I'm extremely excited. My team, the Oilers, may not finish last this year. I have a collection of various Edmonton jerseys and I've been wearing them all week.

#16 Posted by BossPerson (9450 posts) -

I feel like americans pretend to pay attention to hockey just to be nice to canadians

#17 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

I'm extremely excited. My team, the Oilers, may not finish last this year. I have a collection of various Edmonton jerseys and I've been wearing them all week.

DarthSatan

They have too much offensive talent to finish last. Definitely an exciting team to watch.

#18 Posted by DarthSatan (4607 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarthSatan"]

CycleOfViolence

They have too much offensive talent to finish last. Definitely an exciting team to watch.

Just need to shore up the defence and aquire a goalie. Do this and I think we could see a few more Edmonton cups in the next few years.

#19 Posted by GamingVengeance (1853 posts) -
Don't really care about hockey but will cheer for winnipeg
#20 Posted by jimkabrhel (15417 posts) -

Yes. I'm also ready to see Claude Giroux knock Sidney Crosby to the ground a few times too.