Rate the......U.S.A.

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JJ4545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 JJ4545
Member since 2006 • 3015 Posts
it is the greatest and most powerful country so yea it deserves a 10abattoir_blues
My daddy tole me dat Aymerica wuz the bestest coontry in the whole waide wurld! Seriously, get over yourself, America isn't that great.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
9/10...im from UK
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
America is so overrated. It's full of hyper patriots, has a huge gun problem no matter how you look at it, and it's a first world country yet to introduce free medical care. A fine place to live if your rich, but they treat the poor like crap compared to other developed countries. A large percentage of the population genuinly believes that America is free'er than the rest of the world, which is true only if you are a heterosexual white man who really likes guns.
Lilac_Benjie
You need to come live here before you make assumptions lilac.....
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
[QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="hojobojo"].... and you do this poll on an american website full of americans. You're hardly going to get unbiased results.LJS9502_basic

Bias works both ways.... :roll:

Yeah but that isnt the case here....

Of course it is....you don't live in the states but constantly bash the states.

yeah, and you live in the states and are constantly trying to defend it..........what's your point?

There are still more americans on this board than any other group of people....

Zman480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Zman480
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
8/10 I love america.. It does have some pretty screwed up politicians *Cough*George W. Bush*Cough*
nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 nuttybar
Member since 2005 • 9624 Posts
9/10 If it wasn't for the medical care situation, and the areas of severe poverty, it would get a 10.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]America is so overrated. It's full of hyper patriots, has a huge gun problem no matter how you look at it, and it's a first world country yet to introduce free medical care. A fine place to live if your rich, but they treat the poor like crap compared to other developed countries. A large percentage of the population genuinly believes that America is free'er than the rest of the world, which is true only if you are a heterosexual white man who really likes guns.
LJS9502_basic

But I didn't make any assumptions...
en-z-io

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 en-z-io
Member since 2004 • 3390 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]America is so overrated. It's full of hyper patriots, has a huge gun problem no matter how you look at it, and it's a first world country yet to introduce free medical care. A fine place to live if your rich, but they treat the poor like crap compared to other developed countries. A large percentage of the population genuinly believes that America is free'er than the rest of the world, which is true only if you are a heterosexual white man who really likes guns.
Lilac_Benjie

Yeah, seeing as how your last sentence is so true... :roll:
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LJS9502_basic

yeah, and you live in the states and are constantly trying to defend it..........what's your point?

jointed

Where did I defend anything?  I said bias works both ways and you're an example of that.:|

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]America is so overrated. It's full of hyper patriots, has a huge gun problem no matter how you look at it, and it's a first world country yet to introduce free medical care. A fine place to live if your rich, but they treat the poor like crap compared to other developed countries. A large percentage of the population genuinly believes that America is free'er than the rest of the world, which is true only if you are a heterosexual white man who really likes guns.
Lilac_Benjie

Yes you did.....
Zeke129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 Zeke129
Member since 2003 • 11176 Posts
Mediocre

Although the USA provides flashy graphics and great audio, there's no community or social features whatsoever. In fact, it's like being in a bucket of Myspace. Rent this one first.
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
to the Canadian who gave it a 0, look at your own country there is no reason to be proud of it, you are a joke to the whole world and most people think that you don't even have in army, you can't really criticize are country when you are a Canadianabattoir_blues
Canada owns, With the most natural resources in the world FTW Plus LOTS of cows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"]

LJS9502_basic

Where did I defend anything?  I said bias works both ways and you're an example of that.:|

Where do I constantly try to bash it?......

You're always defending the US, I'm not talking about this thread....

Bias works both ways ,true, but it doesnt matter when the americans outnumber the others 20 to 1.....

ARandoMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ARandoMan
Member since 2006 • 147 Posts
10/10 for sure, U.S.A. U.S.A.!
Ignignokt104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ignignokt104
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
I'd give it about a 7 or 8 out of 10. We have our issues, just like any other country, but it's not a bad place to live.
nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 nuttybar
0/10, I would rather suck my own willy than live in America. Go onto Xbox live (if you not American) and you will see why I hate Bloody Yanks. Theres been 1 American that I could even talk to.PacmanChampion
It's generally a bad idea to judge an entire country and population off of Xbox Live Users... I've met UK xbox live users as bad as some american users, it works both ways.
gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
ill give it a 7/10 but if i went on a road trip around the US then i would give it a 10
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LJS9502_basic

Bias works both ways ,true, but it doesnt matter when the americans outnumber the others 20 to 1.....

jointed

One....every thread the mentions the US.

Two...I defend it because I'm tired of the constant bashing....especially from people that never set foot in the states.

Three....doesn't matter...bias is bias. So complaining about bias on one side only is hypocritical.

zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
to the Canadian who gave it a 0, look at your own country there is no reason to be proud of it, you are a joke to the whole world and most people think that you don't even have in army, you can't really criticize are country when you are a Canadianabattoir_blues
Sorry but you would be mistaken. Americans (from what I've heard) are hated in many countries. If tourists from Canada go to another country with their flag on their back they are more likely to get help than an American. Besides some people may find that us not having much of an army a good thing. Not to mention that we have made a lot of allies, meaning that if an emergency did come up, we would get help ;).
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
I live in the UK so i cant really say, but I'd give it, from what I've seen and heard a fair 7-5. It's nothing special, to me, but it's probably a nice/decent place to live. Besides, the film and gaming market's are mostly America based (with a few exceptions, Crytek for example) so that's another good thing. (I'm a PC gamer and a fan of Action films...)
PacmanChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 PacmanChampion
Member since 2007 • 1130 Posts
[QUOTE="PacmanChampion"]0/10, I would rather suck my own willy than live in America. Go onto Xbox live (if you not American) and you will see why I hate Bloody Yanks. Theres been 1 American that I could even talk to.nuttybar
It's generally a bad idea to judge an entire country and population off of Xbox Live Users... I've met UK xbox live users as bad as some american users, it works both ways.

I,m not just judging it on, Xbox live users, there just an example.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lilac_Benjie
I defend it because I'm tired of the constant bashing....especially from people that never set foot in the states.LJS9502_basic

The problem with Americans is that they are so poorly educated and generally ignorant of the world around them.

Nah, I'm just teasing you LJ. :P Americans themselves are just ordinary people really. It's the politics we all hate. I don't know why you would defend that.

Americans deserve free health care.
Americans deserve fairer taxes! Not tax breaks for those who do not need it.
Americans deserve to be at the forefront of civil rights freedoms.

Why not man? You should demand it! I don't see why you would defend the American government. It really isn't very good anymore.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
6.9/10. Loses 2 for the corrupt government, and another for the small number of loudmouth "Yanks" that seem to solely populate the media. And .1 for stereotyping my country as drunkards.
nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 nuttybar
[QUOTE="nuttybar"][QUOTE="PacmanChampion"]0/10, I would rather suck my own willy than live in America. Go onto Xbox live (if you not American) and you will see why I hate Bloody Yanks. Theres been 1 American that I could even talk to.PacmanChampion

Still a bad example to use...and if you hate americans why do you have american football as the background for your xbox live tag? :? Hell, if you hate them that much you shouldnt really play the games that are made by americans either...
sca321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sca321
Member since 2003 • 1903 Posts
[QUOTE="abattoir_blues"]to the Canadian who gave it a 0, look at your own country there is no reason to be proud of it, you are a joke to the whole world and most people think that you don't even have in army, you can't really criticize are country when you are a Canadianzayl99
Sorry but you would be mistaken. Americans (from what I've heard) are hated in many countries. If tourists from Canada go to another country with their flag on their back they are more likely to get help than an American. Besides some people may find that us not having much of an army a good thing. Not to mention that we have made a lot of allies, meaning that if an emergency did come up, we would get help ;).

Primarily from the United States.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I defend it because I'm tired of the constant bashing....especially from people that never set foot in the states.Lilac_Benjie

The problem with Americans is that they are so poorly educated and generally ignorant of the world around them.

Nah, I'm just teasing you LJ. :P Americans themselves are just ordinary people really. It's the politics we all hate. I don't know why you would defend that.

Why not man? You should demand it! I don't see why you would defend the American government. It really isn't very good anymore.

The USA is the people.....so bashing it is bashing the people. No country is perfect. But the US is far from the worst.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic
6.9/10. Loses 2 for the corrupt government, and another for the small number of loudmouth "Yanks" that seem to solely populate the media. And .1 for stereotyping my country as drunkards.ithilgore2006
We didn't create that stereotype....
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
5/10, nice country, shame about the amount of people who are racist and arrogant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"]

LJS9502_basic

One....every thread the mentions the US.

Two...I defend it because I'm tired of the constant bashing....especially from people that never set foot in the states.

Three....doesn't matter...bias is bias. So complaining about bias on one side only is hypocritical.

one....I'm not bashing it, I'm trying to debate with people......When I , in a thread about how wrong the Iraq war is, try to explain why I think america's choice was stupid and unconstitutional, with facts all you guys hear is "Omg teh USA sux I hate it *burns flag* " .....I've praised the US countless times but you don't seem to notice....

two.....I've lived in the US for 2 years and I also have family there....I live in Toronto at the moment and visits the states on a regular basis , so I think I have quiet an understanding on how you guys live and think....

three....bias is bias but it doesnt matter.....It would be hypocritical if the population of americans equaled the population of other nationalities.....but it's true bias is bias..

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I defend it because I'm tired of the constant bashing....especially from people that never set foot in the states.LJS9502_basic

The USA is the people.....so bashing it is bashing the people. No country is perfect. But the US is far from the worst.

Wrong. The USA is a country. The American people are the those who live in the USA. The American government is that which governs the USA.

USA people good.
USA government bad.
nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 nuttybar
Its my background because Its the last game I played, and I,m playing it because its a good game.... Its a shame its got Americans in though, that the whole problem with the gaming world, too many Yanks.PacmanChampion
You're not really making UKers look cool...:|
lugiemojeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lugiemojeed
Member since 2004 • 8785 Posts
i would give it a 8
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LJS9502_basic

Wrong. The USA is a country. The American people are the those who live in the USA. The American government is that which governs the USA.

USA people good.
USA government bad.
Lilac_Benjie

*sigh*  The country is land, ground, dirt.  What makes a country is the people.:roll:

Lilpeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lilpeto
Member since 2004 • 51 Posts
When it comes to America vs. Canada...

It's like they are twin sisters and Canada is the uglier one.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
[QUOTE="ithilgore2006"]6.9/10. Loses 2 for the corrupt government, and another for the small number of loudmouth "Yanks" that seem to solely populate the media. And .1 for stereotyping my country as drunkards.LJS9502_basic
We didn't create that stereotype....

Are you sure? I've never heard it from any other media then American media. This is from personal experience.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LJS9502_basic

Its my background because Its the last game I played, and I,m playing it because its a good game.... Its a shame its got Americans in though, that the whole problem with the gaming world, too many Yanks.PacmanChampion

Not like this attitude isn't the reason "Yanks" don't like you....

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Lilac_Benjie

*sigh* The country is land, ground, dirt. What makes a country is the people.:roll:

LJS9502_basic

Don't roll your eyes at me LJ.

Look. It's nothing against the people. I just think that the American government is generally worse than the governments of other developed countries. As a result I would not want to live there.

7/10.

I only consider the UK a marginally better place to live, and that's only because we have free medical insurance, no gun problems, and that England has much better laws supporting gay people such as myself. They're both pretty much on par really; neither one being particularly spectacular in my opinion.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

*sigh* The country is land, ground, dirt. What makes a country is the people.:roll:

Lilac_Benjie

Don't roll your eyes at me LJ.

Look. It's nothing against the people. I just think that the American government is generally worse than the governments of other developed countries. As a result I would not want to live there.

7/10.

That's fine.......but the US has me so 10/10. :P

Now I have to take the little one to the circus....try not to miss me....I'm kidding...don't get huffy.:)

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

[QUOTE="nuttybar"][QUOTE="PacmanChampion"][QUOTE="nuttybar"][QUOTE="PacmanChampion"]0/10, I would rather suck my own willy than live in America. Go onto Xbox live (if you not American) and you will see why I hate Bloody Yanks. Theres been 1 American that I could even talk to.PacmanChampion

Still a bad example to use...and if you hate americans why do you have american football as the background for your xbox live tag? :? Hell, if you hate them that much you shouldnt really play the games that are made by americans either...

Its my background because Its the last game I played, and I,m playing it because its a good game.... Its a shame its got Americans in though, that the whole problem with the gaming world, too many Yanks.

How many Americans have you actually met personally.

MeanQuestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 MeanQuestion
Member since 2004 • 4456 Posts
10/10 - Influence, history, a wide spread of culture, lots of stuff is going on, stuffs cheap, born speaking English with no oily accent; there's no place I'd rather be born.

Although given the opportunity I'd live on the West coast instead of the East coast (weather).
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Lilac_Benjie
born speaking English with no oily accentMeanQuestion

You do realize that to other people, Americans have an accent, right? :roll:
Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts
U.S.A. deserves no more than a 7/10, there are good sides... but it seems to me that lots of americans are way too patriotic and are in most cases ignorant on what is really going on in the world. They see themselves as the center of the world, and I have see lots of them think that their army could take on the entire world  :| I mean there is a limit... I have been to the US and have been asked questions of this nature: "So is it fun living in an igloo?" I mean... wtf!!
Scn64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Scn64
Member since 2003 • 2039 Posts
U.S.A. deserves no more than a 7/10, there are good sides... but it seems to me that lots of americans are way too patriotic and are in most cases ignorant on what is really going on in the world. They see themselves as the center of the world, and I have see lots of them think that their army could take on the entire world :| I mean there is a limit... I have been to the US and have been asked questions of this nature: "So is it fun living in an igloo?" I mean... wtf!!
Tezcatlipoca666
Well, IS it fun living in an igloo?
sca321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 sca321
Member since 2003 • 1903 Posts
U.S.A. deserves no more than a 7/10, there are good sides... but it seems to me that lots of americans are way too patriotic and are in most cases ignorant on what is really going on in the world. They see themselves as the center of the world, and I have see lots of them think that their army could take on the entire world :| I mean there is a limit... I have been to the US and have been asked questions of this nature: "So is it fun living in an igloo?" I mean... wtf!!
Tezcatlipoca666
I assume from the igloo comment that you're Canadian. We don't actually think you live in igloos, we just have a hard time not pretending that we do since it get you so riled up.
MeanQuestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MeanQuestion
Member since 2004 • 4456 Posts
[QUOTE="MeanQuestion"] born speaking English with no oily accentLilac_Benjie

You do realize that to other people, Americans have an accent, right? :roll:

No, that never occurred to me. Thanks for letting me know. :)

No, not really. I just was teasing the brits/aussies. :P I thought people would be able to catch that... Guess not.