Rate Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (1-10)

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@indzman said:

@Vaasman said:

The term you're looking for is vascular and in the second pick the veins are poking out on her arms, that she has, because she's actually toned and built like she might fight someone. Even in that top picture she has a much larger upper body than Gal Gadot does. So really you're defeating your own argument.

Unless she packs on some muscle she's no more fitting of the role than her shorter colleague.

So far it looks good for Gal. Give it some more time, the movies not releasing before 2016. She'll definately improve more as shes in training for the role. Just a pretty face lean figure just won't cut for Wonder Woman you know, fans won't accept it. Lets judge Gal thoroughly before the movie releases, you might end up liking her completely :)

Look don't get me wrong, I don't mind the actress at all, I'm just going to need to see some set photo's before I'm convinced of anything. Every movie she's been in so far she looks like she might slip through a crack in the floorboards.

I take you have seen all her FF movies? Didn't like her in those films?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By indzman

From Wiki on Gal Godot:

She served for two years as a soldier in the Israel Defense Forces.[1] She is an avid motorcycle rider and owns a black 2006 Ducati Monster-S2R.[7] She also plays in volleyball, basketball and tennis teams. While starring in the Fast & Furious films, she does all her own stunts.[8] She says "I think the main reason was that Justin Lin really liked that I was in the military, and he wanted to use my knowledge of weapons

WOW, not just a pretty face !!!

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@indzman said:

@Vaasman said:

@indzman said:

@Vaasman said:

The term you're looking for is vascular and in the second pick the veins are poking out on her arms, that she has, because she's actually toned and built like she might fight someone. Even in that top picture she has a much larger upper body than Gal Gadot does. So really you're defeating your own argument.

Unless she packs on some muscle she's no more fitting of the role than her shorter colleague.

So far it looks good for Gal. Give it some more time, the movies not releasing before 2016. She'll definately improve more as shes in training for the role. Just a pretty face lean figure just won't cut for Wonder Woman you know, fans won't accept it. Lets judge Gal thoroughly before the movie releases, you might end up liking her completely :)

Look don't get me wrong, I don't mind the actress at all, I'm just going to need to see some set photo's before I'm convinced of anything. Every movie she's been in so far she looks like she might slip through a crack in the floorboards.

I take you have seen all her FF movies? Didn't like her in those films?

I don't want trash.

For real though I've never watched past part 2, though I hear they've been actually sort of good for the part couple movies. Those movies will never be my cup of tea either way, I really don't care about cool cars driving fast.

I HAVE seen her in her part though, and she's still crazy skinny, even if she is a little better defined than previous appearances.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#104 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

So, I've done a little research and apparently, Wonder Woman's been all sizes and weights. She's been anywhere from 5"9' to 6"3', from 122 lbs to 165 lbs. So apparently, Gal Gadot really isn't that far off the mark. We're knee jerking here, people.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

0/10

Gina Carano was the choice they should have made.

No, she look like what ellen degeneres and rosie o'donell want, not what the nerds and movie goers want.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 hippiesanta

@indzman said:

From Wiki on Gal Godot:

She served for two years as a soldier in the Israel Defense Forces.[1] She is an avid motorcycle rider and owns a black 2006 Ducati Monster-S2R.[7] She also plays in volleyball, basketball and tennis teams. While starring in the Fast & Furious films, she does all her own stunts.[8] She says "I think the main reason was that Justin Lin really liked that I was in the military, and he wanted to use my knowledge of weapons

In her facebook fanpage, those isis and hamas lovers always attack her

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Vaasman

@JustPlainLucas said:

So, I've done a little research and apparently, Wonder Woman's been all sizes and weights. She's been anywhere from 5"9' to 6"3', from 122 lbs to 165 lbs. So apparently, Gal Gadot really isn't that far off the mark. We're knee jerking here, people.

I hear next in line for the role behind Gal Gadot was a Lovecraftian horror.

There are probably other more reasonable reasons why we shouldn't use just any comic book as a point of reference for character design, but I like this one the best.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#108  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

whyisthereaWonderWomanmovie?/10

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Nengo_Flow

@RadecSupreme said:

Gal Gadot is way too thin for Wonder Woman. She's a model for a reason ( gorgeous girl) but Wonder Woman should be a bit more muscular and curvier.

why are discriminating on normal regular slightly slimmer woman? why do women have fit to your standards of muscularity and curviness?

why cant a slimmer woman play a powerful woman role? why does it have to be to your sexualized vision of a muscular curve female?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 indzman

@hippiesanta said:

@indzman said:

From Wiki on Gal Godot:

ROFL

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#111 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

whyisthereaWonderWoman movie?/10

Why not.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#112 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@RadecSupreme said:

Gal Gadot is way too thin for Wonder Woman. She's a model for a reason ( gorgeous girl) but Wonder Woman should be a bit more muscular and curvier.

why are discriminating on normal regular slightly slimmer woman? why do women have fit to your standards of muscularity and curviness?

why cant a slimmer woman play a powerful woman role? why does it have to be to your sexualized vision of a muscular curve female?

Do you even know what discriminating means? Is it discriminating against skinny guys if I say that Spartans in a movie should be played by muscular dudes rather than skinny guys with very little muscular definition?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#113 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@indzman said:

@cdragon_88 said:

Check their heights bud, 5'8" vs 5'9". Pic could be an issue of heels/boots, just the angle, or higher elevation. It could be camera work. Ever notice how that Josh hutcherson in Hunger games is always on height with Jennifer lawrence at 5'9" and he stands at 5'5" or 5'7" depending on your source. Dont forget that Gina was a UFC fighter--her height should be pretty darn accurate.

Gal is 5 10". Perfect hieght for WW ... imo. While Gina got a better muscular body compared to Gal, but you have to admit Gal looks much closer to WW ( as Saint Leonidas posted comic pics posted above ) :)

Gal is not the "perfect height".

Wonder Woman is 6'0" in the comics. 6'3" in heels.

And I'm not sure about the other guys, but Carano looks much closer to the older WW than the newer style. Especially in the face.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#114  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@indzman said:

From Wiki on Gal Godot:

Looks sure can be deceiving. I wouldn't normally expect a pretty girl with a skinny body to be an ex-soldier.

If that's true, then she is more than qualified to play Wonder Woman, more so than most of the other actors and actresses who usually play superheroes and superheroines.

@hippiesanta said:

Israel bashers =/= ISIS/Hamas lovers. Two different things. Most of the people bashing Israel don't like ISIS or Hamas either. Hell, even ISIS and Hamas hate each other.

Either way, almost every celebrity who expressed an opinion over the last Israel-Gaza conflict has been bashed for it online. There's nothing unusual about that. A lot of people just don't like it when celebrities express political views.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Nengo_Flow

@RadecSupreme said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@RadecSupreme said:

Do you even know what discriminating means? Is it discriminating against skinny guys if I say that Spartans in a movie should be played by muscular dudes rather than skinny guys with very little muscular definition?

cant you tell that I was trolling you with feminist logic?

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#116  Edited By RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@RadecSupreme said:

Sorry mate, Poe's Law.

vicky_john1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#117 vicky_john1
Member since 2014 • 230 Posts

Gal gadot in one word - "Multi talented women" ..

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#118 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

she looks average at best

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Jag85
@Vaasman said:

I HAVE seen her in her part though, and she's still crazy skinny, even if she is a little better defined than previous appearances.

She's an ex-solder. What more needs to be said? Soldiers don't need to look beefy. You can be skinny and toned at the same time. If anything, bulky muscles can slow you down and/or lower your stamina.

@Nengo_Flow said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@RadecSupreme said:

Your "feminist logic" makes no sense. A typical "feminist logic" would be more along the lines of "she was only picked just because men prefer pretty skinny girls over muscular women."

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Vaasman

@Jag85 said:
@Vaasman said:

She's an ex-solder. What more needs to be said? Soldiers don't need to look beefy. You can be skinny and toned at the same time. If anything, bulky muscles can slow you down and/or lower your stamina.

First of all, that second part really doesn't make sense. I've never suggested that she should be "bulky," I just think she needs more muscle mass, like at least kind of the way all MMA and UFC fighters are built. But besides that, having a lot of muscle and being in genuinely good shape are not mutually exclusive. Unless you're attempting to do some disgusting body building roid crazy stuff.

Second of all, she's an actress and a model now, not a soldier. Whatever previous profession's she's had, she's ultra thin now, in all of her relevant appearances.

In fact, this whole "she was once a soldier!" thing is basically nonsense. Israel has a mandatory period of service for all citizens, of which she served the minimum, and probably was never sent into combat at any point.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

Looks like my 9 year old could kick her ass/10....

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 hippiesanta

@Jag85 said:

@hippiesanta said:

Israel bashers =/= ISIS/Hamas lovers. Two different things. Most of the people bashing Israel don't like ISIS or Hamas either. Hell, even ISIS and Hamas hate each other.

Either way, almost every celebrity who expressed an opinion over the last Israel-Gaza conflict has been bashed for it online. There's nothing unusual about that. A lot of people just don't like it when celebrities express political views.

you dont know that because you dont live in a muslim dominate society.

In the place I live, those support hamas also support isis ... blindly

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#123 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@indzman: she's hot, i would have prefered Gina Carano as Wonder Woman though

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@hippiesanta:

You're crazy. Lucy/Xena is the best heroine ever. It you ever watched Xena, it felt natural. I cannot say the same for any other female actors who beat up villains and save the world in other movies and TV.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#125 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

She looks bad ass in the official pic and actually really similar in the face to the cartoon version, which is the only WW I've ever known.

Anyways, I can't rate her as WW. I've seen a picture. Movies are not a single still image. I haven't even seen her in the actual medium, yet alone seen enough to make a judgement.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Jag85
@Vaasman said:

First of all, that second part really doesn't make sense. I've never suggested that she should be "bulky," I just think she needs more muscle mass, like at least kind of the way all MMA and UFC fighters are built. But besides that, having a lot of muscle and being in genuinely good shape are not mutually exclusive. Unless you're attempting to do some disgusting body building roid crazy stuff.

Second of all, she's an actress and a model now, not a soldier. Whatever previous profession's she's had, she's ultra thin now, in all of her relevant appearances.

In fact, this whole "she was once a soldier!" thing is basically nonsense. Israel has a mandatory period of service for all citizens, of which she served the minimum, and probably was never sent into combat at any point.

There are plenty of soldiers who have very little muscle mass. It's not about how much muscle mass you have, but about how toned you are, how much stamina you have, discipline, training, handling weapons, etc. Besides, you can be toned and skinny at the same time. And if stamina is what you're aiming for, then less muscle mass is actually preferable. If you look at champion distance runners, they're often even skinnier than Gal, yet have the most stamina.

And yes, being an ex-soldier gives you more credibility than a random civilian with a more muscular physique. I'd prefer a skinnier actor/actress who has military experience over a more muscular actor/actress with no military experience.

@hippiesanta said:

In the place I live, those support hamas also support isis ... blindly

Hamas themselves hate ISIS, so it would be incredibly stupid for Hamas fans to support ISIS... ISIS would annihilate Hamas and their fans the first chance they get. ISIS despises both nationalists and Shiite sympathizers, and Hamas happens to be both.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#127 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

even though she doesn't have the body for it, generally she's a ten.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 hippiesanta

@PSP107 said:

@hippiesanta:

You're crazy. Lucy/Xena is the best heroine ever. It you ever watched Xena, it felt natural. I cannot say the same for any other female actors who beat up villains and save the world in other movies and TV.

Lucy Lawless unfortunately was only made for TV .... not the BIG SCREEN .....

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@hippiesanta said:

@PSP107 said:

@hippiesanta:

Xena would of been a great movie. And from what I saw, other females actors don't belong in action movies that have them beat up bad guys and save the world.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 hippiesanta

@PSP107 said:

@hippiesanta said:

@PSP107 said:

@hippiesanta:

Xena would of been a great movie. And from what I saw, other females actors don't belong in action movies that have them beat up bad guys and save the world.

Lucy Lawless was an actress ... but Gal Gadot is a real life soldier

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Vaasman

@rdchili96 said:

@Vaasman:

"basically that Captain America's horrible pajamas suit in Avengers was fine because hey, the comics did it too."

You are retarded.

Thanks for bumping a two and a half year old thread to say so. It take you all that time to come up with this post?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 indzman

@Storm_Marine said:

Oh and Batman vs Superman is going to be meh at best. Quote me on it.

Quoting you on it. YOU WERE RIGHT :D

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#134 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58939 Posts
Loading Video...

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Vaasman

As long as I'm inb4 lock and having a retrospective look back on this topic, I'd just like to point out that after looking at some Wonder Woman trailers my opinion has at least changed a bit. While I would still prefer they had pulled someone out of /r/hardbodies since my ideal is a woman who can destroy me, Gal Gadot looks decent enough for the part. And Hell, her casting is the goddamn least of DC's worries at this point, after how the last 2 movies turned out.

Cap's costume in Avengers is still terrible though. Like a goofy child's onesie. Looks a lot better after Winter Soldier.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@rdchili96: And you are suspended, with a second strike to boot.