Rate 'A Christmas Story'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by GalvatronType_R (1878 posts) 8 months, 24 days ago

Poll: Rate 'A Christmas Story' (18 votes)

10 28%
9 28%
8 11%
7 6%
6 0%
5 17%
4 6%
3 0%
2 0%
1 0%
0 0%
Never watched it 6%

5, very overrated (my opinion; yours may differ, of course).

Ralphie and Randy are whiny grating brats, the dad is an uninvolved crass dooshbag, and the mom is put upon and tries her best but she's in complete denial about who she married to (she knew all along that Ralphie learned 'FUDGE' from his dad).

#1 Posted by Iszdope (9656 posts) -

Haven't seen it.

Happy festivus to the rest of us.

#2 Posted by LZ71 (10273 posts) -

Classic/10. I don't really like to rate it, since I feel it's much different than other movies I watch. Me watching it has everything to do with the time of year and a tradition, not whether I think it's a fantastic movie. I always enjoy it every time I see it, but again that's only at Christmas time. I don't think I'd be able to rate it properly unless I watched it at some other time of the year.

#3 Edited by indzman (17234 posts) -

seen it , its boring. Personally i prefer Jingle all the way, Home Alone or Elf as fun christmas movies :)

#4 Posted by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

Never liked it, but couldn't really explain why. Brain's wired against it, I guess.

#5 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

Never liked it, but couldn't really explain why. Brain's wired against it, I guess.

I thought I was the only one in the world who didn't like it.

#6 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (857 posts) -

"fa ra ra ra ra ra"

that scene kills me every time. all in all, i agree with TC; overrated, and numerical ratings are for people who can't form complex opinions

#7 Edited by DharmaMember77 (2377 posts) -

A great movie. Not only is it enjoyable to watch during the holidays but it also is a very relatable childhood movie.

#8 Edited by plageus900 (993 posts) -

@indzman said:

seen it , its boring. Personally i prefer Jingle all the way, Home Alone or Elf as fun christmas movies :)

Ha. The three Christmas movies I hate the most.

#9 Posted by PSP107 (11833 posts) -

I'll give it 8-10 rating.

#10 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Classic.

#11 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150326 posts) -

I'll give it a 5. Way overrated but it's not the worst I've seen. I watch it maybe once every few years if I'm bored enough.

#12 Edited by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

The irony in this movie is it is less of a Christmas story than most Christmas movies. It is a like a Diary of a Wimpy kid that just happens to be set during Christmas time. I know the main plot is the kid wants his stupid bb gun, but most of the movie has nothing to do with Christmas.

#13 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

Greatest Christmas movie of all time. If it wasn't then they'd never show it every year for 24hrs consecutively every year.

#14 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -

A Christmas Story/10

#15 Edited by iowastate (7873 posts) -

I never understood it being considered one of the classics. I thought the acting on the whole was poor and the story rather weak. My dad probably wanted a BB or pellet gun enough to act like a little **** but the father in that show is almost as annoying as Red in That 70s show and just as inaccurate a portrayal of a daddy.

he was over acting for the director and really hamming it up.

I couldn't watch that piece of **** a second time

it is just terrible that there are so many piss poor Christmas movies out there.

even crappy actors like Vince Vaughn have X mas shows.

#16 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

love it. i did not watch it at all this year tho :/

#17 Posted by coasterguy65 (5876 posts) -

Pretty good movie. I give it a 7/10. Not the best Christmas movie, but good when taken in moderation. I much prefer Scrooged, Christmas Vacation, Jingle all the way, and even It's a Wonderful Life for Christmas movies over Christmas Story.